DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: SaintDawg Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 12:32 PM
Unless I'm wrong we have the 16th and 17th picks in the 4th round which should translate to picks #115 and #116.

# 115 - Cleveland receives Buffalo's 2015 1st and 4th round pick and a 2014 1st round pick (# 9) for a 2014 1st round pick (# 4 - Sammy Watkins).

# 116 - Cleveland receives Houston's 2015 2nd (# 51), 4th (# 116), 6th (#195) round picks for a 2015 2nd (# 43) and 7th (# 229) round picks.

linkadocious
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 12:33 PM
Can we please start to get some offensive weapons, outside of running back...
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 12:35 PM
Best Available Overall
La'el Collins OT LSU
T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh
Grady Jarrett DT Clemson
Mike Bennett DT Ohio St
Trey Flowers DE Arkansas
Rashad Greene WR Florida St
Justin Hardy WR E Carolina
Anthony Harris S Virginia
Tre Jackson OG Florida St
Bryce Petty QB Baylor
Jay Ajayi RB Boise St
Doran Grant CB Ohio St
Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma
Buck Allen RB USC
Kwon Alexander OLB LSU
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 12:36 PM
Maybe Hardy and Bryce Petty here?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 12:43 PM
I like RT Daryll Williams a lot...but don't know if he fits our scheme...Heck I'm not even sure what scheme we will run this year...

I also wouldn't mind QB Petty in this round...considering QBs are nearly always over drafted, the 4th round is a good spot...Need a PR...I wonder if WR Diggs can fill that role? Also be interesting if we trade off perhaps Phil Taylor?

Like TE O'Leary...with a clause in his contract that prevents him for going crazy on his motorcycle
Posted By: wojo_dew Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:07 PM
I like the following

-TJ Clemmings (1st round talent that slipped due to injury, grab him in the 4th and red shirt him if necessary)
-Tre McBride (WR)
-Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (see TJ Clemmings comments)
-Ramik Wilson (LB)
-Ibraheim Campbell (S)
-Tre Jackson (G)
-Stefon Diggs (WR)
-Brandon Bridge (QB)
-Taiwan Jones (ILB)
-Jeremy Langford (RB) - I know we don't need one but this will be a steal for the team that picks him
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:12 PM
I'd trade the 17th pick for a later 4th and a 5th.

I would perhaps take Collins with the latter 4th. He is worth the gamble on talent alone although I feel really uncomfortable saying that not really knowing the ins and outs of the off-field situation.

If we can find a Kirksey-alike this draft I'll be really pleased. I think Kirksey will benefit having Shelton and a fully stocked DL cupboard, as will Mingo and the other LBs. I actually think Mingo will breakout this year, with his injury to one side. Fingers crossed.
Posted By: urbrowns Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:21 PM
Give me Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary with one of those picks and I will be thrilled. I love his game, and think he's an absolute steal in round 4.

I can also see taking a shot on a QB, like Hundley or Petty, or even a shot on T.J. Clemmings at RT. Be really nice to be able to plug Erving and Clemmings in if/when Mack and Schwartz walk after this year.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:27 PM
Petty or Hundley? I say we grab one if available.
Posted By: tastybrownies Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:53 PM
I say we grab Petty and then get the FB (fowler) or WR with the next pick. I think that would be an absolute perfect start to day 3.
Posted By: Versatile Dog Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:54 PM
I think we need more help on the d-line/OLBer spots. We don't have enough of those guys.
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 01:54 PM
I'd like QB Bryce Petty and either of WRs, Stefon Diggs or Tony Lippett. I'm disappointed TE Heuerman went so early - thought we might get him in the 4th. But its a weak draft for TEs, apparently. Most of the TEs left are either one dimensional or they're projects. Maybe in the 5th or 6th you take a flyer on Blake Bell, TE, Okla or Mycole Pruitt, TE, SIU. Or not. I think the Browns might think they drafted their TE when they signed Housler. So get a QB and a WR in the 4th, then fill the roster with DBs and LBs for special teams. Maybe think about a PK, too.
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:05 PM
What time does it start today?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:07 PM
Players I like (AKA Guys we're not drafting):

WRs: Tre McBride, Dezmin Lewis, Darren Waller, DeAndre Smelter
TE: Jesse James
OT: TJ Clemmmings- at this point he's a great value
FB: Jalston Fowler, Jeff Luc (and should be a great special teamer)
Interior OL: Shaq Mason
No QBs
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:07 PM
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
What time does it start today?

Noon, EST
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:08 PM
Believe draft resumes at noon today
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:13 PM
The strong 3rd round got my hopes up a bit, so a strong 4th could get me back on the fence at least:

My BPA (in no order):

CB Ekpre-Olomu
CB Bobby McCain (this guy is good)
CB L.Gunter
WR Goodley
WR R.Greene
WR Titus Davis (yeah, we should go WR now)
C Dismukes (smart guy)
C Gallik
TE Rory Anderson
ILB Taiwan Jones
RB Josh Robinson

Best value is at CB, WR and interior OL. Any CB/WR combination of those listed would be good with me
Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:17 PM
Any decent OT's I was thinking T depth is still somewhat a concern. Also, any TE's worth a hoot at this point?
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:18 PM
What safeties do the rest of you like?

Cedric Thompson's my sleeper, but he's more rd 6-UFA.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:22 PM
I don't know that there is a difference maker at TE available at this stage of the draft. If there is a prospect - I'd be interested.

I get the desire to have a burner at WR - but I think Gabriel with an accurate QB and better ground and pound attack will be more than average. And with all the consternation over our QB situation - why do we need a stud WR? Wouldn't that be like having a sports car you can't take out of first gear?

Biggest single area I want addressed at this point is KR/PR - I am not convinced we have a suitable returner on the team and it was a huge area of need last year.
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:23 PM
Yikes, I forgot about Jalston Fowler, The Giant FB From Alabama. Gotta grab him now, or in the 5th.
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:25 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I don't know that there is a difference maker at TE available at this stage of the draft. If there is a prospect - I'd be interested.

Rory Anderson is pretty talented and would have gone higher if not for an injury plagued SR season
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:26 PM
Round 4 is a good round to take a flyer on someone with high talent, but is a risk ...

CB from Oregon, OT from Pittsburgh, Collins from LSU could be good risks
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Can we please start to get some offensive weapons, outside of running back...

We have good receivers and are solid at TE. I could see drafting maybe 1 receiver.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:29 PM
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Petty or Hundley? I say we grab one if available.

Petty please!
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:30 PM
I heard that Lael Collins' agent announced last night that he wouldn't sign if he was drafted after the 3rd round, so he could re-enter the draft next year, presumably cleared of any involvement in the murder for which he's being sought for questioning.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:35 PM
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Biggest single area I want addressed at this point is KR/PR - I am not convinced we have a suitable returner on the team and it was a huge area of need last year.

Duke Johnson and Travis Benjamin. I think the Rabbit will regain his old form another year removed from his injury.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:41 PM
Originally Posted By: Dave
I heard that Lael Collins' agent announced last night that he wouldn't sign if he was drafted after the 3rd round, so he could re-enter the draft next year, presumably cleared of any involvement in the murder for which he's being sought for questioning.

I've heard that, but why?

How high will his draft stock be after taking a year off. Sign a one year deal as a UFA with a team that fits you. You can still get paid next year if you live up to the pre-draft hype. Yeah, you lost a lot of money, but that's done now. Take the accrued year. The only way I see him sit is if he doesn't think he can hack it and is only going to get one payday. If I were the Browns I'd have someone be in his agents ear the rest of the draft. He was supposedly our top RT.
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 02:46 PM
WR: McBride. Kenny Bell.

TE: Blake Bell, converted QB from OK might be worth a shot in the 7th.

QB: I'm tempted to draft Hundley and Petty back-to-back in the 4th. Seriously.

Michael Bennett (OSU) is still out there. Great hands, disruptor, handles double-teams, leader, Dline...Sounds familiar...
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:04 PM
Only way I'd be interested in Collins at this point in time would be if he agreed to take a polygraph test. There's something really shady about the police announcing that he was being sought for questioning in a murder investigation just a day or two before the most important event in his life. Its hard to imagine them (the police dept) being that malicious unless they feel he's implicated somehow in the woman's murder. I heard last night that the baby she was pregnant with had also died. Now its a double murder. I have a bad feeling about Collins.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:09 PM
I don't think the police would really give two craps about the NFL draft.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:20 PM
I like 2 of the following.

WR Rashad Greene WR Florida State
TE Nick O'Leary TE Florida State
FB Jalston Fowler FB Alabama
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:26 PM
I don't know, Rish ... but I read about how the Tallahassee PD "protected" FSU players (like Winston), and I'm surprised that the Baton Rouge Police wouldn't be aware that they were about to submarine the pro career of an LSU player. I have to believe that LSU football is king in Baton Rouge, and that the Police Dept would be mindful of the PR blowback in the event Collins is innocent. It makes me think they know something ...
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:27 PM
Only way I'd be interested in Collins at this point in time would be if he agreed to take a polygraph test. There's something really shady about the police announcing that he was being sought for questioning in a murder investigation just a day or two before the most important event in his life. Its hard to imagine them (the police dept) being that malicious unless they feel he's implicated somehow in the woman's murder. I heard last night that the baby she was pregnant with had also died. Now its a double murder. I have a bad feeling about Collins.

I've read that he did pass a lie detector test, I think on the MMQB, I'll see if I can find it again.

Link
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:38 PM
I'm surprised that the Baton Rouge Police wouldn't be aware that they were about to submarine the pro career ... and that the Police Dept would be mindful of the PR blowback ...

A murder investigation trumps the NFL draft in most peoples' world...
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:46 PM
Thanks for the link, Grimm. From the article:

Quote:
He also took a lie detector test organized by his reps Thursday, and passed, per Jason Cole.

It would be better if it was an independent test, but I don't want to quibble. This kid should be screaming his innocence from the rooftops. Maybe I was wrong - it might be worth the gamble to take him.
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:52 PM
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
I'm surprised that the Baton Rouge Police wouldn't be aware that they were about to submarine the pro career ... and that the Police Dept would be mindful of the PR blowback ...

A murder investigation trumps the NFL draft in most peoples' world...

Of course it does, but the Baton Rouge police went out of their way to say he was sought for questioning, while saying he wasn't a suspect at this time. They also implied he was the father of the victim's baby. If he's innocent - as Grimm's post above indicates - then the Baton Rouge PD's behavior was over the top, IMO.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 03:57 PM

Maybe I believe the media when they say he's not a suspect but is sought for information. Maybe the lady was murdered halfway across the country from where he was,( I don't know), and the police want to talk to her ex boyfriend,(Collins), to find out about anyone she used to hang out with, or anyone who may have wanted to harm her.

I don't have a bad feeling about Collins.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:02 PM
Geesh! Would you look at that.

Oh my! What a thought. Do you think the Draft will be held in a Stadium in years to come.

100 thousand in the stands to watch the draft. For Free of course.
Posted By: Browns_Lonewolf Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:05 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Geesh! Would you look at that.

Oh my! What a thought. Do you think the Draft will be held in a Stadium in years to come.

100 thousand in the stands to watch the draft. [b][/b]For Free of course.

For now
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:14 PM
I'm relatively sure he didn't do it, but I'm not convinced he's completely unconnected. The assassination claim by one witness is disturbing. I'm not sure what to think really, but if he was the top RT on our board he might be worth a pick. We could cut him later if it comes to it.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:15 PM
Sorry Saint Dawg didn't see your post superconfused
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:18 PM
There went Petty
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:18 PM
dang, my hometown boy goes to the Jets
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:19 PM
chances we take a guy no one expects us to?
Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:22 PM
We really should take Hundley if we can. I am aware of his potential problems reading defenses, but he has got to be better than Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis, he has big upside and we have to have more hope than McCown and Johnny.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:24 PM
I think that we will take at least 1 front 7 player in the 4th. It sure seems like that is where a lot of the value is.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:27 PM
With the picks going so fast, I kind of wonder if the NFL didn't finish the round last night, and then wait until today to announce them.
It was like this last year if I recall.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:28 PM
WR, TE QB or the snot smacking fullback from Bama
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:29 PM
We really should take Hundley if we can. I am aware of his potential problems reading defenses, but he has got to be better than Connor Shaw or Thad Lewis, he has big upside and we have to have more hope than McCown and Johnny.

The only thing he's better than Shaw at is looking the part and throwing picks. Down the road he could potentially surpass him, but we already have our developmental QB in Manziel.
Posted By: WooferDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:30 PM
There went the snot smacker
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:31 PM
We're going to take an OL and a front 7 payer.

Just watch. We are going to "finish" those 2 units.

Would anyone take a chance on TJ Clemmings? He is a tp quality Tackle, and has slid due to a stress fracture in his let or foot. (I can't recall which off the top of my head)
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:33 PM
clemmings just went to minnesota
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:33 PM
Welp .... so much for that idea.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:34 PM
Man I really liked Hardy from ECU ...
Posted By: Kingcob Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:36 PM
Just my take....In these rounds I like to start grabbing guys with top potential but injuries. After the 3rd round these dudes rarely pan out into starters or even solid players. I'd grab the guys with the highest potential possible regardless of position needs.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:37 PM
Browns wanted Bryce Petty and Jets traded to move up 1 spot so Browns couldn't get him. Interesting.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 4m 4 minutes ago

Why did # Jets trade up with the # Jaguars just one spot to take Bryce Petty? Because… the # Jaguars had an offer from the # Browns for him
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:43 PM
Did I miss something did we trade our 6 and 7 rd picks to get back to back 4th rounders ?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:45 PM
OK, I think that the Browns might take 2 of these guys here:

DL MIchael Bennett
DL Grady Jarrett
WR Rashad Greene
S Gerod Holliman
OL Reese Dismukes
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:45 PM
safety from NW
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:45 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Browns wanted Bryce Petty and Jets traded to move up 1 spot so Browns couldn't get him. Interesting.

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet · 4m 4 minutes ago

Why did # Jets trade up with the # Jaguars just one spot to take Bryce Petty? Because… the # Jaguars had an offer from the # Browns for him

too bad... but that's the way it goes..
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:45 PM
When ever we come up to pick they go to commercial , Conspiracy ?
Posted By: Browns_D02 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:45 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/ibraheim-campbell?id=2552605

Ibraheim Campbell
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:46 PM
EXCELLENT PICK Campbell is a very good safety ...
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:46 PM
We traded from #43 (+ our 7th) to #51 and got a 4th and a 6th. We then traded one of our 4th and 6th and got back in the 3rd and a higher 7th.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:47 PM
Did anyone ever figure out if we got Devier Posey?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:48 PM
We had pick 116 and traded to Arizona evidently and are out of the 4th Rd. ... Did we trade for a player?
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:48 PM
We must have traded 116 to the Cardinals.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:48 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
We had pick 116 and traded to Arizona evidently and are out of the 4th Rd. ... Did we trade for a player?

It looks like we have 123 in the 4th.
Posted By: drobs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:49 PM
We traded the 2nd 4th to the Cardinals - what we get??
Posted By: GraffZ06 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:50 PM
Did anyone ever figure out if we got Devier Posey?

We never did. He went to the Jets in the Texans trade.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: drobs
We traded the 2nd 4th to the Cardinals - what we get??

Hopefully a pick or 2 in next year's draft.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:50 PM
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
[color:# FFFFFF]We had pick 116 and traded to Arizona evidently and are out of the 4th Rd. ... Did we trade for a player?[/color]

It looks like we have 123 in the 4th.

Thanks Brother I was getting Anxious willynilly
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:52 PM
What else did we get 123 and ? superconfused
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:52 PM
McManamon:

Browns gave up pick 116 in exchange for picks 123, 198 and 241
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:53 PM
According to nfl.com we got another 6th and 7th for trading down 7 spots, good deal
Posted By: irishdawg1982 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:53 PM
we got zona's 4th an 6th for our 4th as far as i can tell, we now have 3 6th's again
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:53 PM
Why trade down from 116 to 123, that's what I want to know.

Campbell is an average pick. I can't hate a Campbell pick, if they had Wideouts somewhere!

This whole draft is reminding me so much of the year they took what's his name at Center. One before Melvin Fowler, way back. I wonder if any other team has taken 4 centers in the 1st since 99.
Jeff Faine. the year they took Jeff Faine. Not a good draft that year by the way.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:54 PM
Our D is getting stronger with every pick ... Campbell is a star that was hidden @ Northwestern ... thumbsup
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:54 PM
Wow, we are piling up the low round picks. Must be planning on using them to trade back up again .... maybe back into the 5th since we traded away our 5th yesterday.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:56 PM
Farmer needed a 3rd 6th rounder in case one of the "hot" Nose Tackles falls that far. (in jest!)
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:57 PM
It's so fun to watch the perpetually angry Browns fans build more reasons to stay angry!
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:57 PM
Campbell is a solid pick, kind of the theme of the draft. Evading high risk guys, drafting low ceiling, high floor prospects. 3rd round was an exception

Campbell has a well rounded game. He's not as physical as written in reports, but in turn, he's not as bad in coverage. Probably being developed behind Whitner to eventually take over. See a recurring theme of this draft? I wonder why they didn't do this last draft already?
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:57 PM
I'm telling you guys my NCAA Focus every week is the Big Ten (Ohio State) and this kid from Northwestern can battle for a starting spot which will only make our Safties stronger ... JMHO
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:57 PM
So, we have now:

4th - 123

6th - 189

6th - 195

6th - 198

7th - 219

7th - 241
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: DjangoBrown
Campbell is a solid pick, kind of the theme of the draft. Evading high risk guys, drafting low ceiling, high floor prospects. 3rd round was an exception

Campbell has a well rounded game. He's not as physical as written in reports, but in turn, he's not as bad in coverage. Probably being developed behind Whitner to eventually take over. See a recurring theme of this draft? I wonder why they didn't do this last draft already?

looks like a Leonard type player... Pet likes those.
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:02 PM
Lol at the 15 people or so at the Bengals draft party.

Also, Campbell is easily my least favorite pick in our draft so far. Not even the best available at his position.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:02 PM
We Still Need An ILB on D Maybe CB and On Offense we need a WR TE and maybe another OL ...
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:04 PM
OK, How about DL Michael Bennett or WR Rashad Green here?

Could we take ..... QB Brett Hundley? (Ugh)
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:05 PM
Just on the picks of Sammie Coates, Wr, and Doran Grant, Cb, I like the Steelers draft. Thumbsdown.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:06 PM
Coates has terrible hands ...
Posted By: clevesteve Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:06 PM
And here's my second least-favorite pick.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:06 PM
OK, someone wanted Vince Mayle. Now we got him.
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:07 PM
I liked Blake Bell, just went to San Fran.
Surprised a raw TE goes in the 4th. Figured he'd be there later.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:07 PM
I liked Mannion, Mariota, or Winston, but. Am indifferent about the other two.

CONSPIRACY! another commercial with browns on the clock, that's freaking 5 times in a row.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:07 PM
If you want a hard nosed football player take Jake Ryan from That Team Up North ...
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:12 PM

Vince Mayle is a thick body with highpointing potential from his basketball skills (reminds me of Niles Paul when he came out of Nebraska) Thought he'd be a round 5-6 guy...I'm at work but who was still available at WR?
Posted By: DjangoBrown Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:13 PM
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
And here's my second least-favorite pick.

Limited FBS experience with an immature past, struggling with motivation and inconsistent focus - had to be convinced to play football after taking a few years off.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2079732/vince-mayle

Hmmm....boom or bust flyer obviously
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:14 PM
I know nothing about this guy fill me in boys ...
Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:14 PM
Mayle looks like a naturally talented guy, the type we can carry on our practice squad for a year, then be a No. 5 or 6 guy, then, if he develops, he can go sign with someone else. Taking him just proves that we should have gotten an NFL-ready WR when we were busy drafting 3-deep depth on the DL.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:14 PM
The 24th Wideout.

Vince Mayle.

Even if Nelson Agolhor was the #19 overall, I still would favor Tyler Kroft Te Rutgers at 123, to help the offense.

Oh well, We got Mayle! Now how do I pronounce his last name?

Oh geesh, How happy would yall be if you got the 17th+ D lineman as the first addressing of the position.

Looks like MoMass, Really, are they trying to get Wr's who can't play.
Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:17 PM
I should not be so negative. He is an athlete and is big and caught 123 passes as a senior.
Posted By: Browns_Lonewolf Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:17 PM
Originally Posted By: tru_dawgs

Vince Mayle is a thick body with highpointing potential from his basketball skills (reminds me of Niles Paul when he came out of Nebraska) Thought he'd be a round 5-6 guy...I'm at work but who was still available at WR?

From the NFL list showing just those with a grade of 5.3 or better;
Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade Watch

Greene, Rashad WR 6'0" 180 Florida St. 5.7
Diggs, Stefon WR 6'0" 190 Maryland 5.5
Goodley, Antwan WR 5'11" 220 Baylor 5.4
Anderson, Dres WR 6'2" 190 Utah 5.4
Smelter, DeAndre WR 6'3" 222 Georgia Tech 5.4
Harper, Josh WR 6'1" 185 Fresno St. 5.4
Waller, Darren WR 6'5" 241 Georgia Tech 5.4
Davis, Titus WR 6'2" 190 Central Michigan 5.4
Lippett, Tony WR 6'3" 185 Michigan St. 5.4
Bell, Kenny WR 6'1" 185 Nebraska 5.3
Alford, Mario WR 5'9" 177 West Virginia 5.3
McBride, Tre WR 6'2" 205 William & Mary 5.3
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:18 PM
SI had their top rated available WR as Rashad Greene, out of Florida State.

Man, I wonder why Michael Bennett is dropping like he is.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:18 PM
Mayle reminds me of Greg Little.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:21 PM

Tre McBride, William and Mary
Josh Harper, Fresno St
Dezmin Lewis, Central Ark.

Kiper was talking about McBride at the start of the broadcast, hmm.

Maybe the Browns need to hire a personel consultant on Wide Recievers!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:21 PM
Mayle looks like a naturally talented guy, the type we can carry on our practice squad for a year, then be a No. 5 or 6 guy, then, if he develops, he can go sign with someone else. Taking him just proves that we should have gotten an NFL-ready WR when we were busy drafting 3-deep depth on the DL.

Some of you guys just amaze me, I am sure we picked a player in the 4th rd. looking to put him on the practice squad ...
Posted By: Lyuokdea Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:23 PM
Supposedly Michael Floyd is on the trade block - really would have liked to get him back from Atlanta rather than the 4th round pick - was sure that we were going that way when the trade came out.

Marcellus Bennett is also on the block, would be another good pickup. We need somebody who can catch passes this year.

Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:23 PM
Forgive me, Pastor. I already apologized for the knee-jerk negativity.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:24 PM
Quote:
Maybe the Browns need to hire a personel consultant on Wide Recievers!

rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:26 PM
Forgive me, Pastor. I already apologized for the knee-jerk negativity.

thumbsup God Bless Brother angel
Posted By: The Big G Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:27 PM
I am for drafting Hundley. He may be developmental, but he has the measurables to become a plus quarterback. Shaw, who I like, does not. Let Johnny F and Hundley have a bake off, and if they both suck, we limp along for a year with McCown.
Posted By: DonCoyote Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:28 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
Mayle reminds me of Greg Little.

That's what I was thinking. Never saw him play, but reports are drops, raw talent and rough routes.

I think Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins gives us a "safe" group for now. I support trying to develop a WR project in the late rounds at WR. I see the logic.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:29 PM
Shaq Mason to the Pats.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:31 PM
So let me get this right I hear he has bad hands and some compare him to Greg Little, yet he had 123 catches last year ... WHOA which is I mean if his hands are that bad they must have targeted him 300 times ... superconfused
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:34 PM
I see enough upside to the kid to be excited. Any and every player taken at this point to the end of the draft is going to have big negatives.

We are about to enter round 5. Does anyone expect Farmer to sit out the entire 5th round, or does he trade back into the 5th? (I think that he trades back into the 5th)
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:34 PM
It is Mike Leach's offense. Maybe the Washington/Washington St. game was an aberration, but I saw Greg Little.
Posted By: bleednbrown Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:44 PM
Originally Posted By: GrimmBrown
It is Mike Leach's offense. Maybe the Washington/Washington St. game was an aberration, but I saw Greg Little.

Well then give him a big hello from all of us at the Dawg Pound brownie
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:47 PM
Originally Posted By: Lyuokdea
Supposedly Michael Floyd is on the trade block - really would have liked to get him back from Atlanta rather than the 4th round pick - was sure that we were going that way when the trade came out.

Marcellus Bennett is also on the block, would be another good pickup. We need somebody who can catch passes this year.

Both would be be great pickups...Im a big Floyd fan, he hasn't reached his potential due to QB issues over there...He'd face the same issues here too lol
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:49 PM
The 24th Wideout.

Vince Mayle.

Even if Nelson Agolhor was the #19 overall, I still would favor Tyler Kroft Te Rutgers at 123, to help the offense.

Oh geesh, How happy would yall be if you got the 17th+ D lineman as the first addressing of the position.

Kroft went to the Bengals in the 3rd round yesterday...least I think
Posted By: Dave Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:49 PM
Quote:
We are about to enter round 5. Does anyone expect Farmer to sit out the entire 5th round, or does he trade back into the 5th? (I think that he trades back into the 5th).

Dolphins have 4 picks in the 5th round if he's looking for a partner. With 3 picks in the 6th round, and a 7th, does anyone see a PK in the offing? Justin Manton anyone?
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:52 PM
Originally Posted By: Browns_Lonewolf

From the NFL list showing just those with a grade of 5.3 or better;
Player Pos Ht Wt College Grade Watch

Greene, Rashad WR 6'0" 180 Florida St. 5.7
Diggs, Stefon WR 6'0" 190 Maryland 5.5
Goodley, Antwan WR 5'11" 220 Baylor 5.4
Anderson, Dres WR 6'2" 190 Utah 5.4
Smelter, DeAndre WR 6'3" 222 Georgia Tech 5.4
Harper, Josh WR 6'1" 185 Fresno St. 5.4
Waller, Darren WR 6'5" 241 Georgia Tech 5.4
Davis, Titus WR 6'2" 190 Central Michigan 5.4
Lippett, Tony WR 6'3" 185 Michigan St. 5.4
Bell, Kenny WR 6'1" 185 Nebraska 5.3
Alford, Mario WR 5'9" 177 West Virginia 5.3
McBride, Tre WR 6'2" 205 William & Mary 5.3

Thanks for the list...Odd they didn't take WR Diggs for his speed and return ability...as we still have zero PRs on our squad...Then im not sure if Diggs was a punt returner...Only one I was certain for was Ty Montgomery and he went a lot earlier.
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:53 PM
The 24th Wideout.

Vince Mayle.

Kroft went to the Bengals in the 3rd round yesterday...least I think

That is correct.
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:54 PM
Not interested in trading up for a kicker. TE/WR, Jeff Luc, maybe. I'd rather try Lambo from A&M. Still learning the position a bit, as he was a former major league soccer player, but showed some things last year. Can hit the clutch kick, has plus leg strength.
Posted By: pblack18707 Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 05:57 PM
[color:#FFFFFF] yet he had 123 catches last year

isnt that something. 123 catch and taken 123 over all.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 06:09 PM
Originally Posted By: pblack18707
[color:#FFFFFF] yet he had 123 catches last year

isnt that something. 123 catch and taken 123 over all.

Good luck he didn't have 12 catches. Then we wouldn't have our NT.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 06:38 PM
I read his bio he actually had 106 reception his senior year ... Not too Bad ...
Posted By: SaintDawg Re: Round 4 kiddies.. - 05/02/15 08:05 PM
So.. we have picks 195, 198, 219, 241 left the last 2 are 7th rounders
© DawgTalkers.net