Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#954121 05/02/15 08:32 AM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Unless I'm wrong we have the 16th and 17th picks in the 4th round which should translate to picks #115 and #116.

# 115 - Cleveland receives Buffalo's 2015 1st and 4th round pick and a 2014 1st round pick (# 9) for a 2014 1st round pick (# 4 - Sammy Watkins).

# 116 - Cleveland receives Houston's 2015 2nd (# 51), 4th (# 116), 6th (#195) round picks for a 2015 2nd (# 43) and 7th (# 229) round picks.

linkadocious

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
D
Legend
Legend
D
Can we please start to get some offensive weapons, outside of running back...

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Best Available Overall
La'el Collins OT LSU
T.J. Clemmings OT Pittsburgh
Grady Jarrett DT Clemson
Mike Bennett DT Ohio St
Trey Flowers DE Arkansas
Rashad Greene WR Florida St
Justin Hardy WR E Carolina
Anthony Harris S Virginia
Tre Jackson OG Florida St
Bryce Petty QB Baylor
Jay Ajayi RB Boise St
Doran Grant CB Ohio St
Daryl Williams OT Oklahoma
Buck Allen RB USC
Kwon Alexander OLB LSU

SaintDawg™

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Maybe Hardy and Bryce Petty here?

SaintDawg™

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I like RT Daryll Williams a lot...but don't know if he fits our scheme...Heck I'm not even sure what scheme we will run this year...

I also wouldn't mind QB Petty in this round...considering QBs are nearly always over drafted, the 4th round is a good spot...Need a PR...I wonder if WR Diggs can fill that role? Also be interesting if we trade off perhaps Phil Taylor?

Like TE O'Leary...with a clause in his contract that prevents him for going crazy on his motorcycle

W
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
W
I like the following

-TJ Clemmings (1st round talent that slipped due to injury, grab him in the 4th and red shirt him if necessary)
-Tre McBride (WR)
-Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (see TJ Clemmings comments)
-Ramik Wilson (LB)
-Ibraheim Campbell (S)
-Tre Jackson (G)
-Stefon Diggs (WR)
-Brandon Bridge (QB)
-Taiwan Jones (ILB)
-Jeremy Langford (RB) - I know we don't need one but this will be a steal for the team that picks him

I'm coming home, I'm coming home, tell the world I'm coming home
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
I'd trade the 17th pick for a later 4th and a 5th.

I would perhaps take Collins with the latter 4th. He is worth the gamble on talent alone although I feel really uncomfortable saying that not really knowing the ins and outs of the off-field situation.

If we can find a Kirksey-alike this draft I'll be really pleased. I think Kirksey will benefit having Shelton and a fully stocked DL cupboard, as will Mingo and the other LBs. I actually think Mingo will breakout this year, with his injury to one side. Fingers crossed.

U
All Pro
All Pro
U
Give me Tre McBride, WR, William & Mary with one of those picks and I will be thrilled. I love his game, and think he's an absolute steal in round 4.

I can also see taking a shot on a QB, like Hundley or Petty, or even a shot on T.J. Clemmings at RT. Be really nice to be able to plug Erving and Clemmings in if/when Mack and Schwartz walk after this year.

T
All Pro
All Pro
T
Petty or Hundley? I say we grab one if available.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I say we grab Petty and then get the FB (fowler) or WR with the next pick. I think that would be an absolute perfect start to day 3.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think we need more help on the d-line/OLBer spots. We don't have enough of those guys.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'd like QB Bryce Petty and either of WRs, Stefon Diggs or Tony Lippett. I'm disappointed TE Heuerman went so early - thought we might get him in the 4th. But its a weak draft for TEs, apparently. Most of the TEs left are either one dimensional or they're projects. Maybe in the 5th or 6th you take a flyer on Blake Bell, TE, Okla or Mycole Pruitt, TE, SIU. Or not. I think the Browns might think they drafted their TE when they signed Housler. So get a QB and a WR in the 4th, then fill the roster with DBs and LBs for special teams. Maybe think about a PK, too.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What time does it start today?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Players I like (AKA Guys we're not drafting):

WRs: Tre McBride, Dezmin Lewis, Darren Waller, DeAndre Smelter
TE: Jesse James
OT: TJ Clemmmings- at this point he's a great value
FB: Jalston Fowler, Jeff Luc (and should be a great special teamer)
Interior OL: Shaq Mason
No QBs

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: 10YrOvernightSuccess
What time does it start today?

Noon, EST

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Believe draft resumes at noon today

SaintDawg™

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The strong 3rd round got my hopes up a bit, so a strong 4th could get me back on the fence at least:

My BPA (in no order):

CB Ekpre-Olomu
CB Bobby McCain (this guy is good)
CB L.Gunter
WR Goodley
WR R.Greene
WR Titus Davis (yeah, we should go WR now)
C Dismukes (smart guy)
C Gallik
TE Rory Anderson
ILB Taiwan Jones
RB Josh Robinson

Best value is at CB, WR and interior OL. Any CB/WR combination of those listed would be good with me

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Any decent OT's I was thinking T depth is still somewhat a concern. Also, any TE's worth a hoot at this point?

"Team Chemistry No Match for Team Biology" (Onion Sports Headline)
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What safeties do the rest of you like?

Cedric Thompson's my sleeper, but he's more rd 6-UFA.

Fiercely Independent.
M
Legend
Legend
M
I don't know that there is a difference maker at TE available at this stage of the draft. If there is a prospect - I'd be interested.

I get the desire to have a burner at WR - but I think Gabriel with an accurate QB and better ground and pound attack will be more than average. And with all the consternation over our QB situation - why do we need a stud WR? Wouldn't that be like having a sports car you can't take out of first gear?

Biggest single area I want addressed at this point is KR/PR - I am not convinced we have a suitable returner on the team and it was a huge area of need last year.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
D
Legend
Legend
D
Yikes, I forgot about Jalston Fowler, The Giant FB From Alabama. Gotta grab him now, or in the 5th.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: mgh888
I don't know that there is a difference maker at TE available at this stage of the draft. If there is a prospect - I'd be interested.

Rory Anderson is pretty talented and would have gone higher if not for an injury plagued SR season

#gmstrong

"Players come along at different points in time" - Ray Farmer
Legend
Legend
Round 4 is a good round to take a flyer on someone with high talent, but is a risk ...

CB from Oregon, OT from Pittsburgh, Collins from LSU could be good risks

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Can we please start to get some offensive weapons, outside of running back...

We have good receivers and are solid at TE. I could see drafting maybe 1 receiver.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: The Big G
Petty or Hundley? I say we grab one if available.

Petty please!

D
Legend
Legend
D
I heard that Lael Collins' agent announced last night that he wouldn't sign if he was drafted after the 3rd round, so he could re-enter the draft next year, presumably cleared of any involvement in the murder for which he's being sought for questioning.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Biggest single area I want addressed at this point is KR/PR - I am not convinced we have a suitable returner on the team and it was a huge area of need last year.

Duke Johnson and Travis Benjamin. I think the Rabbit will regain his old form another year removed from his injury.

Fiercely Independent.
Dave #954196 05/02/15 10:41 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dave
I heard that Lael Collins' agent announced last night that he wouldn't sign if he was drafted after the 3rd round, so he could re-enter the draft next year, presumably cleared of any involvement in the murder for which he's being sought for questioning.

I've heard that, but why?

How high will his draft stock be after taking a year off. Sign a one year deal as a UFA with a team that fits you. You can still get paid next year if you live up to the pre-draft hype. Yeah, you lost a lot of money, but that's done now. Take the accrued year. The only way I see him sit is if he doesn't think he can hack it and is only going to get one payday. If I were the Browns I'd have someone be in his agents ear the rest of the draft. He was supposedly our top RT.

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 05/02/15 10:43 AM. Reason: typos

Fiercely Independent.
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
WR: McBride. Kenny Bell.

TE: Blake Bell, converted QB from OK might be worth a shot in the 7th.

QB: I'm tempted to draft Hundley and Petty back-to-back in the 4th. Seriously.

Michael Bennett (OSU) is still out there. Great hands, disruptor, handles double-teams, leader, Dline...Sounds familiar...

D
Legend
Legend
D
Only way I'd be interested in Collins at this point in time would be if he agreed to take a polygraph test. There's something really shady about the police announcing that he was being sought for questioning in a murder investigation just a day or two before the most important event in his life. Its hard to imagine them (the police dept) being that malicious unless they feel he's implicated somehow in the woman's murder. I heard last night that the baby she was pregnant with had also died. Now its a double murder. I have a bad feeling about Collins.

Dave #954208 05/02/15 11:09 AM
R
Legend
Legend
R
I don't think the police would really give two craps about the NFL draft.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I like 2 of the following.

WR Rashad Greene WR Florida State
TE Nick O'Leary TE Florida State
FB Jalston Fowler FB Alabama

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I don't know, Rish ... but I read about how the Tallahassee PD "protected" FSU players (like Winston), and I'm surprised that the Baton Rouge Police wouldn't be aware that they were about to submarine the pro career of an LSU player. I have to believe that LSU football is king in Baton Rouge, and that the Police Dept would be mindful of the PR blowback in the event Collins is innocent. It makes me think they know something ...

Dave #954220 05/02/15 11:27 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Only way I'd be interested in Collins at this point in time would be if he agreed to take a polygraph test. There's something really shady about the police announcing that he was being sought for questioning in a murder investigation just a day or two before the most important event in his life. Its hard to imagine them (the police dept) being that malicious unless they feel he's implicated somehow in the woman's murder. I heard last night that the baby she was pregnant with had also died. Now its a double murder. I have a bad feeling about Collins.

I've read that he did pass a lie detector test, I think on the MMQB, I'll see if I can find it again.

Link

Last edited by GrimmBrown; 05/02/15 11:29 AM. Reason: added link

Fiercely Independent.
Dave #954225 05/02/15 11:38 AM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm surprised that the Baton Rouge Police wouldn't be aware that they were about to submarine the pro career ... and that the Police Dept would be mindful of the PR blowback ...

A murder investigation trumps the NFL draft in most peoples' world...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
D
Legend
Legend
D
Thanks for the link, Grimm. From the article:

Quote:
He also took a lie detector test organized by his reps Thursday, and passed, per Jason Cole.

It would be better if it was an independent test, but I don't want to quibble. This kid should be screaming his innocence from the rooftops. Maybe I was wrong - it might be worth the gamble to take him.

D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
I'm surprised that the Baton Rouge Police wouldn't be aware that they were about to submarine the pro career ... and that the Police Dept would be mindful of the PR blowback ...

A murder investigation trumps the NFL draft in most peoples' world...

Of course it does, but the Baton Rouge police went out of their way to say he was sought for questioning, while saying he wasn't a suspect at this time. They also implied he was the father of the victim's baby. If he's innocent - as Grimm's post above indicates - then the Baton Rouge PD's behavior was over the top, IMO.

Dave #954238 05/02/15 11:57 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T

Maybe I believe the media when they say he's not a suspect but is sought for information. Maybe the lady was murdered halfway across the country from where he was,( I don't know), and the police want to talk to her ex boyfriend,(Collins), to find out about anyone she used to hang out with, or anyone who may have wanted to harm her.

I don't have a bad feeling about Collins.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Geesh! Would you look at that.

Oh my! What a thought. Do you think the Draft will be held in a Stadium in years to come.

100 thousand in the stands to watch the draft. For Free of course.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG
Geesh! Would you look at that.

Oh my! What a thought. Do you think the Draft will be held in a Stadium in years to come.

100 thousand in the stands to watch the draft. [b][/b]For Free of course.

For now

Hears to hoping Dorsey is the Browns Ozzie Newsome.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2015 NFL Season The NFL Draft 2015 Round 4 kiddies..

Link Copied to Clipboard