DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Swish Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 02:35 PM
Not gonna lie. I woke up thinking about the draft. Man...l'm worried about the browns screwing this up. I really hope they don't outsmart themselves with the first overall pick and just draft Garrett. I'm actually not worried about #12 because there's really no sure fire pick at that spot, IMO.

But I'm worried about situations like them trading back, or picking a QB with the first pick.
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 02:36 PM
I feel the same way, although perhaps not for the same reasons you do. LOL
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 02:38 PM
Heck yes, I am. I'm sick of this Trubisky talk. I'm sick of not knowing whether or not our front-office is just another group of thinking-outside-the-box, we're-smarter-than-you guys. Yes, I know it will take years to know that.

Why am even at work??? wink
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 02:39 PM
I'm extremely nervous. We have a huge opportunity to greatly enhance our team. We have a bad track record with selecting the right players.

Imagine how Sashi, Andrew and company felt waking up this morning? There must be so much pressure their rib cages are about to collapse.
Posted By: Swish Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 02:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Stetson76

What's your reasons bro? This is like group therapy lol
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:07 PM
I really think that this talk about QBs is just that ... talk.

I have heard a rumor that the Browns are likely to take Garrett at #1, then try to trade down from 12. That actually makes a lot of sense, depending on who is gove, and who is available.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:08 PM
Nervous, no. I have no control over it.

Wonderous, apprehensive maybe. At this point, I just want it over.
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:08 PM
Originally Posted By: Swish

What's your reasons bro? This is like group therapy lol

Garrett scares me. I'd rather see the trade back, but I do agree with you on a QB at #1.

I'm sure I'm overthinking things, it's what I do, but I don't want a Renaissance Man as my #1 pick and cornerstone DE, I want a football junky with a mean streak. I just don't see that with Garrett.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:09 PM
Not gonna lie. I woke up thinking about the draft. Man...l'm worried about the browns screwing this up. I really hope they don't outsmart themselves with the first overall pick and just draft Garrett. I'm actually not worried about #12 because there's really no sure fire pick at that spot, IMO.

But I'm worried about situations like them trading back, or picking a QB with the first pick.

I feel the same way. And to top it off, I have a important family meeting at 7:30 tonight, so that makes it even worse. JUST PICK GARRETT. Please. Thanks! laugh
Posted By: fishtheice Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:10 PM
I would feel more at ease if the guys at Walter's was doing the selections...or some of the guys on this board!
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:14 PM
Most of this QB @ #1 talk is media driven just to make it more exciting and give them something to talk about ... Pick Garrett trade up for Hooker and make them look stupid !!
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:16 PM
Not one bit. They're going to do what they're going to do. If they go against what 31 teams and countless experts (?) think then they'll get what they deserve a year or two down the road. Maybe Mitch turns out to be Johnny Unitis V2. I won't hold it against them that they passed him at one. They MUST do what makes sense for this team at this moment in time regardless how Garret's career plays out.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:22 PM
Real antsy since I got up this morning. Let's get it on...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:22 PM
I was pretty confident until this morning. Now I fear Trubisky is the guy and we'll regret it. I just don't see it.
Posted By: CHSDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:28 PM
Biggest fears.

1) Passing on Garrett
2) Trading up for Trubisky
3) Drafting Trubisky in general
4) Drafting Joe Mixon
5) The Browns actually have 13 picks this weekend
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:30 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Biggest fears.

1) Passing on Garrett
4) Drafting Joe Mixon
I'm giong to add drafting Reuben Foster to mine
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:30 PM
Swish, I hear ya, bro. I am trying not to think about it, but I am as nervous as heck. And I am trying to get a lot done here in case the govt shouts down.

I am not sure I can take it.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:31 PM
This sucks. Not knowing your FO will do the right thing. Bunch of bull$#!%.
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:34 PM
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Biggest fears.

1) Passing on Garrett
4) Drafting Joe Mixon

- Yes (in general) on #1. Depends on how far down we go if a trade.
- Definitely yes on #2.
- #3 Depends where we take him, otherwise no.
- #4 I don't really want him.
- #5 Very doubtful we draft 13 players...
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:36 PM
I am ... I like Trubisky but I either want Garrett at #1 or trade down if someone throws the kitchen sink at us, then I hope we wait until pick #12 and if he is gone so be it take the BPA ...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:37 PM
Just take Garrett. It's pretty low risk. Taking Trubisky could be disastrous
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:44 PM
I agree...The QBs are all risky this year...I would wait for one to fall in your lap outside of round 1...take the sure bets whom will improve this team in the associated areas...Grab Garrett at #1...and I hope O.J. Howard or Jamal Adams somehow slide to #12 overall...
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:46 PM
If given the choice between trading up for Trubisky, or not drafting a QB at all ... I'd pick the latter
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 03:51 PM
Where's Kevin Costner when we need him!!!
Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:12 PM
Not sure I'm nervous...I have a feeling they are set on Garret at #1. To me this is the no brainer pick, because everyone has him as their #1. There is always the chance he is a bust but lets just say he does end up a bust, well everyone was wrong and not just us.

I think if we hear a QBs name announced with that first pick, than it will to me signal that there truly is something screwed up in the front office because that would totally fly against any logic, especially if they passed on Wentz last year.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:16 PM

I am super worried.
And I just don't have much confidence that we are not going to screw this up. Take Garrett and if you trade up from 12-only take Adams, OJ Howard or maybe Hooker

And I am tired of going to a home game in November and there are more opposing teams fans downtown than Browns fans
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:21 PM
With the way the draft has gone since 1999, how could one not be nervous?

We have to wonder about our FO. I mean the fact is this is only their second year at their respective positions. Does that mean they'll flop? No, it certainly doesn't. But how can anyone simply put blind faith in a bunch of guys with such limited experience?

So yes, I'm nervous. I certainly hope that for the team, the coaches, the fans and this FO that they've grown and get it right. That's the best case scenario for all of us.

But hell yes I'm nervous! I believe anyone who isn't a bit naïve would have to be.
Posted By: eotab Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:30 PM
More anxious then nervous. This is a long time waiting - Browns in the making for a kick butt team.

Heck even if we pick Trubisky at #1 (and WE ARE NOT, its GARRETT!) we got 12,33, 52 and 65 to get some excellent talent.

Love the new guys, like what they have done and what they are doing. We had one of the best FA period that I can remember we have a great draft class coming and we got a stash of picks next year as well and its suppose to be another very strong draft class!

We finally will be a CONTENDER! Thank goodness, its so hard to be the positive guy all these years...lol laugh now I soon can become the synic! naughtydevil
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:36 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
If given the choice between trading up for Trubisky, or not drafting a QB at all ... I'd pick the latter

Agreed!
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:41 PM
Been watching NFL network most of the morning and they have been talking about the Browns taking Garrett #1 and trading up to get Trubisky, during a commercial break I flipped over to ESPN and I see that Kiper and McShay are both expecting the Browns to take Trubisky at #1. If they're dead set on taking Trubisky I would rather it be the NFL network scenario.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:44 PM
Yeah...Just hoping they don't Brown it up once again. At some point they have to turn all these picks into legit NFL players.
Posted By: Punchsmack Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:47 PM

Working on another baseball movie somewhere.
Posted By: Swish Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:48 PM
Are we ok with the browns trading up from 12 if they feel trub or Watson is THE guy?
Posted By: Lurker Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:51 PM
Swish, as long as we get Garret, I don't care.
Posted By: dawg66 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:51 PM
Are we ok with the browns trading up from 12 if they feel trub or Watson is THE guy?

I would really rather not as I feel that there are better players available but I could live with it.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:55 PM
I'd rather not. I'd rather stick and just take BPA (non QB)
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 04:58 PM
Originally Posted By: eotab
Heck even if we pick Trubisky at #1 (and WE ARE NOT, its GARRETT!) we got 12,33, 52 and 65 to get some excellent talent.

Why stop reaching in the first? wink
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:00 PM

Adams! Hooker! Conley!
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:00 PM

I'm not. I don't care for the cost of moving up, and I wouldn't pay it for any QB in the draft.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:06 PM
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

Adams! Hooker! Conley!
Garrett, Howard, Baker
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:12 PM

Adams! Hooker! Conley!
Garrett, Howard, Baker

Garrett is my #1.

I was listing my trade up to get guys. And I typed Conley when I was thinking Lattimore. crazy

I'll take your first 3 picks ANY day.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:12 PM
My nerves are calmed by this Tweet:

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/857643501500157953
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:14 PM
thumbsup
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:21 PM
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

And this one:

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/857647951421857795
Posted By: ExclDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:25 PM

Posted By: oobernoober Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:29 PM
Surprising, but I forgot it was draft day when I woke up this morning (this could go into the Tailgate memory loss thread).

I remembered as I got into the car to drive to work this morning. Now I'm getting more and more anxious as the day goes on.
Posted By: Brownoholic Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:30 PM

And this one:

Mary Kay Grossi rofl
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:34 PM

And this one:

Mary Kay Grossi rofl

HA! I missed that!
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:44 PM
phew
Posted By: slick Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 05:53 PM
Garrett at 1 and McCaffery at 12 if he was there would make me a very happy browns fan. Unfortunately since it is the browns....i expect mitch at 1 and some player who wasn't supposed to be drafted till the 2nd or 3rd round at 12
Posted By: Stetson76 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:05 PM
In the end, I'm very amused by the fact that we've kept the entire football world waiting this long...at least we know our security is tight.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:19 PM
Nervous ... No.

Excited / Hopeful / Anxious .... Yep.
Posted By: pfm1963 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:25 PM
What I am nervous about is whether Sashi and DePodesta are the right people for the job. This draft will tell a lot about them. Hope they do not think they are smarter than we are.
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:49 PM

Yes for Trub, hell no, for Watson.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:54 PM
Since Brown & company have been in charge they have;

1) Converted #2 overall pick in 2016 into 3 players, #12 this year, and a 2nd round pick next year.
2) Traded down with their last pick in the 2016 draft and netted a starting CB in the return.
3) Converted the comp pick from losing Mack into a pro-bowl LB then signed him long-term.
4) Used FA to bolster an inferior OL in a year when the draft is weak in OL.
5) Set themselves up with 5 picks in the first 65 draft slots, possibly for 2 years in a row.
6) Traded salary cap room for a 2nd round draft pick

The media, in a frenzy of pre-draft predictions thinks this group will pass on the best overall talent for a 2nd tier QB or package many of those assets so shrewdly acquired for that same 2nd tier QB.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:57 PM
Five more hours to go before we're on the clock.

Please don't give me a reason to throw my remote, or whatever is within grabbing range, at the TV if we select anything other than Garrett. What we do from thereafter, trading down, up, staying in place, is just exciting. Right now, it's nervous. Starting to think we might snag a QB at #1, and that would really be a drag.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:57 PM
But what about the owner?
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 06:59 PM
I really don't think they'll blow this and pick Trubisky at one. My gut says no, it's gonna be Garrett.

Have I been wrong before? No. And by no I mean yes. laugh
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 07:00 PM
"But what about the owner?"

Although I don't have any inside information to verify, it looks to me like he has kept his promise to keep himself out of the process.
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 07:10 PM
Well, no sweat, Dawg! They have all season to explain all bad choices to us and how it is part of the "current" plan. Just want to get this started right. I feel better about this one.

Been snakebite way too often before, and the talking heads are all over this draft, their ignorance is deafening. I hope our picks shut them up. Fingers crossed! We get tonight right, but it may be a white-knuckle ride. Feel like bingewatching Draft Day . . . .
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 07:11 PM
But what about the owner?

I don't think the owner factors in at all.

In fact, after the Manziel fiasco, I would not be surprised if the FO people politely tell the owners to stay the Hell out of the War Room - and get listened to.
Posted By: DIEHARD Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 07:16 PM
I'm not nervous.

I'm excited.

Excited for the vast amounts of alcohol I'll undoubtedly need by night's end.
Posted By: GratefulDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:18 PM
What could possibly go wrong?

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:19 PM
Is that the homeless guy?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:20 PM
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
Is that the homeless guy?

No. It's Manziel.
Posted By: Swish Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:24 PM
Would we be ok with mahommes at 33?
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:25 PM

Not me. Too much of a project for my liking.
Posted By: W84NxtYrAgain Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:27 PM
I suspect that if Mahomes is there at the end of the 1st, and they want him, they might trade up to secure a 5-year contract.
Posted By: northlima dawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:31 PM
Report: Browns will pick Myles Garrett first overall

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 27, 2017, 4:34 PM EDT

Getty Images

With the first overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns will select Myles Garrett, defensive end from Texas A&M.

That’s the word from Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com, who reports that the Browns’ decision makers had one last meeting this afternoon and solidified the decision to draft Garrett.

Garrett has been the favorite to be the first overall pick for months, but in the last couple of days a slew of reports have suggested that the Browns could go with North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky instead.

It’s still possible that Trubisky could land in Cleveland, as the Browns also own the 12th overall pick and might move up to get the quarterback they want. But with the first pick, they’re going with Garrett, just as everyone thought they would all along.

And with that, the San Francisco 49ers are on the clock at No. 2.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:36 PM
I would be ok with that and if we hang onto #12, taking Trubisky if he's there if not take BPA ... thumbsup
Posted By: eotab Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:41 PM
???
Cause a team might reach for a QB almost every QB pick is a REACH! Even Wentz last year was a Reach.

Assuming that was what you are talking about.

Again we ARE TAKING GARRETT wink
Posted By: kwhip Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
I'm extremely nervous. We have a huge opportunity to greatly enhance our team. We have a bad track record with selecting the right players.

Imagine how Sashi, Andrew and company felt waking up this morning? There must be so much pressure their rib cages are about to collapse.

Why?

We're taking GARRETT. I love this Trubisky at #1 talk. It's hilarious.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:48 PM
NOt the LEAST BIT nervous, because

1. I've accepted the fact the Browns are going to lose almost every game again this year and half of next.

2. I think both Trubisky and Garrett aren't going to be very good. So nobody's going to steal them away, and wouldn't matter if they did.

3. I have confidence they can find some players, and as long as they're using analytics, I'm not going to like (probably) the people they like and pick.

Something like, If I see a defensive player, who watches a guy make an 8 yard catch, and then walks the guy out of bounds,

There's nothing about that play that I like,
But Analytics?
Sometimes I don't know what kind of game they're watching to get excited about Guys who run around a bunch but don't make football plays!

Since I've accepted they aren't going to get anything special, I'm not nervous at all.
Posted By: Dawg_LB Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB

Why?

We're taking GARRETT. I love this Trubisky at #1 talk. It's hilarious.

Nothing is sure fire, but Garret is about as close as it comes with huge upside. We better be taking him #1.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 08:51 PM
I'd love Mahomes at 33. Garrett #1. BPA at 12 .... Beck yeah.

Chance of Mahomes slipping out of round 1 are less than Hooker being there at 12. He may even go ahead of Watson.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 09:20 PM
He's not going ahead of Watson. I doubt Trub goes ahead of Watson.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 09:42 PM

Watch Mahommes go 12 or 13. 😎
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 09:58 PM
Originally Posted By: slick
Garrett at 1 and McCaffery at 12 if he was there would make me a very happy browns fan. Unfortunately since it is the browns....i expect mitch at 1 and some player who wasn't supposed to be drafted till the 2nd or 3rd round at 12

That's not too bad Slick, If you changed Garrett's name to Solomon Thomas, or Jonathan Allen, or Reuben Foster, and I could really get on board, and be pleasantly surprised.

** What would Ozzie Newsome do? ** or, long list of folks. llonnng list.
Posted By: 3rd_and_20 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:04 PM

Yes. He's the one QB in the draft my gut says will do the best in the NFL.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:05 PM
The thing that I get hung up on is that the QBs in the Manziel draft were all considered much better prospects than the guys this year. Manziel and Bridgewater were considered top 10 guys.

If those guys can fall to the bottom of the 1st/top of the second, then this group should as well. This group isn't considered as good as that class, and I'd also argue that the talent at other positions is better this year.

I'm expecting all of the QBs to drop to at least the second half of the first round.
Posted By: Squires Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:11 PM
Not gonna lie. I woke up thinking about the draft. Man...l'm worried about the browns screwing this up.

Yep. I still don't have faith in the FO getting it right. We'll see.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:28 PM
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
The thing that I get hung up on is that the QBs in the Manziel draft were all considered much better prospects than the guys this year. Manziel and Bridgewater were considered top 10 guys.

If those guys can fall to the bottom of the 1st/top of the second, then this group should as well. This group isn't considered as good as that class, and I'd also argue that the talent at other positions is better this year.

I'm expecting all of the QBs to drop to at least the second half of the first round.

I agree but then you also have to figure who is looking for QB's this year and where they are drafting compared to the Bridgewater, Carr, JM draft. And you've got teams like the Cardinals, Pittsburgh and NYG who have aging QB's and may have eye to a long term replacement.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:46 PM

Watch Mahommes go 12 or 13. 😎

I think he's perfect for Arizona. Arians and Palmer teaching him for a year or two.
Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:51 PM
Mitch Trubiskiy will be the best Qb prospect from Ohio since Ben Rothlisberger, and im willing to eat those words because i know i won't be wrong.

The Browns passed on Ben too, thinking he wasn't good enough...Ben wanted to play here, he got drafted by the Steelers and now he despies the Browns and kicks our teeth in at every opportunity.

History has a weird way of repeating itself...i fully expect one way or another for us to not get Mitchell, and he will go on to be a Hall of Fame QB...and we will again be left holding the bag with very little to show for it.

Garret Def isn't an Ed "Too Tall" Jones type of talent...Garret is the riskiest pick in this draft...he either Booms in a BIG way or he flames out HARD and amounts to nothing...that makes me very uneasy.

Im hoping they trade back 3-4 spots, even trading down to 5 I would be Ok with that....this is a terrible draft to have the #1 Overall pick...
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:58 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Mitch Trubiskiy will be the best Qb prospect from Ohio since Ben Rothlisberger

Do you think he can beat out Frye, Quinn, Hoyer, Troy Smith, and Cardale Jones?

(Am I missing anyone?)
Posted By: bbrowns32 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 10:59 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Mitch Trubiskiy will be the best Qb prospect from Ohio since Ben Rothlisberger

Do you think he can beat out Frye, Quinn, Hoyer, Troy Smith, and Cardale Jones?

(Am I missing anyone?)

Nobody notable...
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:04 PM
I think you are wrong.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:13 PM
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

HOF is a stretch right now for ANYONE including Luck.

But. This kid has QB written all over him. The question that needs answered and the ONLY ones who know is Huey and Co. Does this kid have a football IQ and is he smart enough to understand what the NFL is gonna offer both offensively and defensively.

I'm going on record that if we Don't take this kid we're going to regret it in 3 years.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:17 PM
I'm nervous they trade a bunch of picks to move up and take a QB that would be there at #12 anyway....

Miles Garrett is the consensus pick and will immediately improve our virtually non-existent pass rush. Ogbah at one end, Garrett at the other. Now we have a really good start at a 4-3 line.

As long as we take Garrett I then hope Allen falls to #12. Plug him in at DT and we have a line that is formidable.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:20 PM
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

But. This kid has QB written all over him. The question that needs answered and the ONLY ones who know is Huey and Co. Does this kid have a football IQ and is he smart enough to understand what the NFL is gonna offer both offensively and defensively.

I'm going on record that if we Don't take this kid we're going to regret it in 3 years.

If we take him at #1 then we better go ALL in on offense. If we put the entire franchise on his shoulders then we better give him as much help as we can. Either Howard or Williams at #12 and best RB on the board at #33.
Posted By: CaptainCheckdown Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:21 PM
Totally reasonable to be nervous, as am I. We're going to learn a lot about what our season looks like in the next couple of hours.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:28 PM
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

OK, great, you are on record. I am not against Mitch. If we draft him #1 he needs to be playing day 1 and winning games day 1. I don't expect less. We won 1 friggen game last year. My feeling is we need players who can step in and help do that right off the bat with the #1 pick.

That said, we are taking Garrett, as we should.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:34 PM
It's ALWAYS been Garrett. Never once should anyone have believed anything different.

Now we can manuever for Trubs.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:37 PM
It's ALWAYS been Garrett. Never once should anyone have believed anything different.

It's not Trubisky either.

Also, Trubisky's nickname is Biscuit, not Trubs.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:37 PM
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

OK, great, you are on record. I am not against Mitch. If we draft him #1 he needs to be playing day 1 and winning games day 1. I don't expect less. We won 1 friggen game last year. My feeling is we need players who can step in and help do that right off the bat with the #1 pick.

That said, we are taking Garrett, as we should.

I agree. If we take T then he starts day one. That's why I say if we do that we better go ALL in on offense and give him some help. RB,WR TE etc. Really stack the deck in his favor so he isn't out there by himself. That said, we take Garrett and finally have a pass rush! Something we haven't had in a long LONG time.
Posted By: kwhip Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:42 PM

It's not Trubisky either.

Also, Trubisky's nickname is Biscuit, not Trubs.

Call him what you want. I'm calling him TRUBS.

Not Trubisky either? What's that mean? If we move up from 12 it's either Trubs or Adams and Hooker. That's pretty obvious. So the Analytics say lol.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:43 PM
Not Trubisky either? What's that mean? If we move up from 12 it's either Trubs or Adams and Hooker. That's pretty obvious. So the Analytics say lol.

I don't think we ever really wanted Trubisky. We shall see.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:44 PM
Makes sense.....get OJ Howard.....too bad it is a very deep D draft, and our D is worse than our O.
Posted By: PastorMarc Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:46 PM
Hue said "we aren't going to force a QB we will let them come to us" I would say that means we stay @ #12 and see who's there ... thumbsup
Posted By: 1oldMutt Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:48 PM
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Hue said "we aren't going to force a QB we will let them come to us" I would say that means we stay @ #12 and see who's there ... thumbsup

I took it that way. I'll be pleased if it works out that way!
Posted By: kwhip Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:48 PM
Peen. If we stick at 12 and Howard is there we'd almost HAVE to take him. Gotta be highest rated player on the board ahead of defense if Hooker is gone.

Stud DE
Stud TE

All day solid 1-2 punch.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/27/17 11:57 PM
Lol. the Goodell hate is strong.
Posted By: CanadaDawg Re: Anybody else really nervous? - 04/28/17 12:02 AM
Gotta be Garrett unless they receive a kings ransom.
© DawgTalkers.net