Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not gonna lie. I woke up thinking about the draft. Man...l'm worried about the browns screwing this up. I really hope they don't outsmart themselves with the first overall pick and just draft Garrett. I'm actually not worried about #12 because there's really no sure fire pick at that spot, IMO.

But I'm worried about situations like them trading back, or picking a QB with the first pick.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
All Pro
All Pro
I feel the same way, although perhaps not for the same reasons you do. LOL

Last in, first out, the sign of a true champion!
[Linked Image from i301.photobucket.com]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Heck yes, I am. I'm sick of this Trubisky talk. I'm sick of not knowing whether or not our front-office is just another group of thinking-outside-the-box, we're-smarter-than-you guys. Yes, I know it will take years to know that.

Why am even at work??? wink

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm extremely nervous. We have a huge opportunity to greatly enhance our team. We have a bad track record with selecting the right players.

Imagine how Sashi, Andrew and company felt waking up this morning? There must be so much pressure their rib cages are about to collapse.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Stetson76

What's your reasons bro? This is like group therapy lol

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I really think that this talk about QBs is just that ... talk.

I have heard a rumor that the Browns are likely to take Garrett at #1, then try to trade down from 12. That actually makes a lot of sense, depending on who is gove, and who is available.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Nervous, no. I have no control over it.

Wonderous, apprehensive maybe. At this point, I just want it over.

All Pro
All Pro
Originally Posted By: Swish

What's your reasons bro? This is like group therapy lol

Garrett scares me. I'd rather see the trade back, but I do agree with you on a QB at #1.

I'm sure I'm overthinking things, it's what I do, but I don't want a Renaissance Man as my #1 pick and cornerstone DE, I want a football junky with a mean streak. I just don't see that with Garrett.

Legend
Legend
Not gonna lie. I woke up thinking about the draft. Man...l'm worried about the browns screwing this up. I really hope they don't outsmart themselves with the first overall pick and just draft Garrett. I'm actually not worried about #12 because there's really no sure fire pick at that spot, IMO.

But I'm worried about situations like them trading back, or picking a QB with the first pick.

I feel the same way. And to top it off, I have a important family meeting at 7:30 tonight, so that makes it even worse. JUST PICK GARRETT. Please. Thanks! laugh

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I would feel more at ease if the guys at Walter's was doing the selections...or some of the guys on this board!

P
Legend
Legend
P
Most of this QB @ #1 talk is media driven just to make it more exciting and give them something to talk about ... Pick Garrett trade up for Hooker and make them look stupid !!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not one bit. They're going to do what they're going to do. If they go against what 31 teams and countless experts (?) think then they'll get what they deserve a year or two down the road. Maybe Mitch turns out to be Johnny Unitis V2. I won't hold it against them that they passed him at one. They MUST do what makes sense for this team at this moment in time regardless how Garret's career plays out.

Last edited by 1oldMutt; 04/27/17 11:18 AM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Real antsy since I got up this morning. Let's get it on...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I was pretty confident until this morning. Now I fear Trubisky is the guy and we'll regret it. I just don't see it.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Biggest fears.

1) Passing on Garrett
2) Trading up for Trubisky
3) Drafting Trubisky in general
4) Drafting Joe Mixon
5) The Browns actually have 13 picks this weekend

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Biggest fears.

1) Passing on Garrett
4) Drafting Joe Mixon
I'm giong to add drafting Reuben Foster to mine

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Swish, I hear ya, bro. I am trying not to think about it, but I am as nervous as heck. And I am trying to get a lot done here in case the govt shouts down.

I am not sure I can take it.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This sucks. Not knowing your FO will do the right thing. Bunch of bull$#!%.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Biggest fears.

1) Passing on Garrett
4) Drafting Joe Mixon

- Yes (in general) on #1. Depends on how far down we go if a trade.
- Definitely yes on #2.
- #3 Depends where we take him, otherwise no.
- #4 I don't really want him.
- #5 Very doubtful we draft 13 players...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 04/27/17 11:35 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
P
Legend
Legend
P
I am ... I like Trubisky but I either want Garrett at #1 or trade down if someone throws the kitchen sink at us, then I hope we wait until pick #12 and if he is gone so be it take the BPA ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Just take Garrett. It's pretty low risk. Taking Trubisky could be disastrous

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
I agree...The QBs are all risky this year...I would wait for one to fall in your lap outside of round 1...take the sure bets whom will improve this team in the associated areas...Grab Garrett at #1...and I hope O.J. Howard or Jamal Adams somehow slide to #12 overall...

Legend
Legend
If given the choice between trading up for Trubisky, or not drafting a QB at all ... I'd pick the latter

All Pro
All Pro
Where's Kevin Costner when we need him!!!

O
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
O
Not sure I'm nervous...I have a feeling they are set on Garret at #1. To me this is the no brainer pick, because everyone has him as their #1. There is always the chance he is a bust but lets just say he does end up a bust, well everyone was wrong and not just us.

I think if we hear a QBs name announced with that first pick, than it will to me signal that there truly is something screwed up in the front office because that would totally fly against any logic, especially if they passed on Wentz last year.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N

I am super worried.
And I just don't have much confidence that we are not going to screw this up. Take Garrett and if you trade up from 12-only take Adams, OJ Howard or maybe Hooker

And I am tired of going to a home game in November and there are more opposing teams fans downtown than Browns fans

P
Legend
Legend
P
With the way the draft has gone since 1999, how could one not be nervous?

We have to wonder about our FO. I mean the fact is this is only their second year at their respective positions. Does that mean they'll flop? No, it certainly doesn't. But how can anyone simply put blind faith in a bunch of guys with such limited experience?

So yes, I'm nervous. I certainly hope that for the team, the coaches, the fans and this FO that they've grown and get it right. That's the best case scenario for all of us.

But hell yes I'm nervous! I believe anyone who isn't a bit naïve would have to be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
More anxious then nervous. This is a long time waiting - Browns in the making for a kick butt team.

Heck even if we pick Trubisky at #1 (and WE ARE NOT, its GARRETT!) we got 12,33, 52 and 65 to get some excellent talent.

Love the new guys, like what they have done and what they are doing. We had one of the best FA period that I can remember we have a great draft class coming and we got a stash of picks next year as well and its suppose to be another very strong draft class!

We finally will be a CONTENDER! Thank goodness, its so hard to be the positive guy all these years...lol laugh now I soon can become the synic! naughtydevil

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
If given the choice between trading up for Trubisky, or not drafting a QB at all ... I'd pick the latter

Agreed!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Been watching NFL network most of the morning and they have been talking about the Browns taking Garrett #1 and trading up to get Trubisky, during a commercial break I flipped over to ESPN and I see that Kiper and McShay are both expecting the Browns to take Trubisky at #1. If they're dead set on taking Trubisky I would rather it be the NFL network scenario.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
Yeah...Just hoping they don't Brown it up once again. At some point they have to turn all these picks into legit NFL players.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Where's Kevin Costner when we need him!!!

Working on another baseball movie somewhere.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Are we ok with the browns trading up from 12 if they feel trub or Watson is THE guy?

- Theodore Roosevelt
L
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
L
Swish, as long as we get Garret, I don't care.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Are we ok with the browns trading up from 12 if they feel trub or Watson is THE guy?

I would really rather not as I feel that there are better players available but I could live with it.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
Legend
Legend
I'd rather not. I'd rather stick and just take BPA (non QB)

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
Originally Posted By: eotab
Heck even if we pick Trubisky at #1 (and WE ARE NOT, its GARRETT!) we got 12,33, 52 and 65 to get some excellent talent.

Why stop reaching in the first? wink

B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B

Adams! Hooker! Conley!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm not. I don't care for the cost of moving up, and I wouldn't pay it for any QB in the draft.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Brownoholic

Adams! Hooker! Conley!
Garrett, Howard, Baker

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Anybody else really nervous?

Link Copied to Clipboard