DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: Chamberlain Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:51 AM
They were locked on the QB and when he was gone they had no backup plan! So, as opposed to select from some excellent defensive players that should have already been taken, management panicked and traded.
Posted By: cfrs15 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:52 AM
Or they didn't want Trubisky all along. . .
Posted By: tru_dawgs Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:52 AM
As always...this team always plays dumb from the front office...down to the field.
Posted By: ddubia Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:53 AM
Yeah, that's what happened. rolleyes
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:53 AM
Draft reaction hyperbole. News at 11.
Posted By: FL_Dawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:56 AM
Originally Posted By: Chamberlain
They were locked on the QB and when he was gone they had no backup plan! So, as opposed to select from some excellent defensive players that should have already been taken, management panicked and traded.

Well at least they didn't reach for Watson after the two top QBs where off the board.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:01 AM
Some reports, from some source at OBR as I read on DawgsByNature, say we wanted Mahomes. THe report elaborated that someone in the Browns war room engaged their potty mouth when they saw KC take him.
Posted By: bonefish Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:05 AM
I believe after Trubisky was taken They felt Mahomes was their guy. Andy Reid jumped them.
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:09 AM
Now that we know exactly who the Browns wanted , realized they did not get him, and then panicked I can go to bed.

I guess all the word this week we were taking Trub was wrong but this story saying we wanted Mahomes is probably the real truth.
Posted By: lampdogg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:14 AM
Or maybe it isn't. Who really knows?
Posted By: FORTBROWNFAN Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:20 AM
Exactly. Can we wait for rookie mini camp before we declare this draft a waste? Or maybe the first round.
Posted By: BADdog Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:25 AM
They did what they could to get a QB next year
Posted By: hitt Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:34 AM
All the pros on this board should apply/interview for GM jobs- I like we didn't reach on these QBs AND will have PLENTY of ammo to get whoever we want next year...smart play. Go Browns!!!
Posted By: Frenchy Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:38 AM
Originally Posted By: hitt
All the pros on this board should apply/interview for GM jobs- I like we didn't reach on these QBs AND will have PLENTY of ammo to get whoever we want next year...smart play. Go Browns!!!

If you dont have a team willing to trade what do you do? Just cause you have the ammo doesnt mean you can use it.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:39 AM
Originally Posted By: Frenchy

If you dont have a team willing to trade what do you do? Just cause you have the ammo doesnt mean you can use it.

IE New England and Jimmy G
Posted By: FargoFan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 02:59 AM
I just became a very big fan of every opposing team that Houston plays next year.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 03:35 AM
the sky is falling, the sky is falling
Posted By: PDXBrownsFan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 04:38 AM
Originally Posted By: bonefish
I believe after Trubisky was taken They felt Mahomes was their guy. Andy Reid jumped them.

Andy Reid overreached on him. I mean, I guess he gets a year with Alex Smith and starts next year. Even in our mock draft I had KC taking Mahomes but, I only moved up from 27>22. 17 spots for a kid who wont play this year? Hmmm....and some here are saying OUR FO were stumped? I don't think so. I think we played well. More to the point, it made them decide right then and there not to overreach and acquire assets to trade up next year in a better draft class. This year we can address other positions. Brock and Kess may play much better behind our new line and with some weapons and a better defense around them.
Posted By: Spiritbro77 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:11 AM

Then you take the best players available with your 2 first round picks and your three second round picks, improving the hell out of your team and you try to find a QB some other way. What you don't do is take a guy like Trib at #1 when there is an elite pass rusher staring you in the face. I think we had a great first round. We got an elite pass rusher. Teamed with Ogbah and Shelton we have the start of a really good front four. We got a safety and that was definitely a position of need. And we got a TE that was by all accounts the 2nd TE on the board. We also got a 1st round pick next year. By any measure that is a damned fine start to a draft.

We got better and THAT is a change from previous regimes. To me I give them an A so far and I haven't done that is a long time.
Posted By: Vambo Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:22 AM

Name one team you'd trade the draft so far with?
Posted By: dawgpound101 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Spiritbro77

Then you take the best players available with your 2 first round picks and your three second round picks, improving the hell out of your team and you try to find a QB some other way. What you don't do is take a guy like Trib at #1 when there is an elite pass rusher staring you in the face. I think we had a great first round. We got an elite pass rusher. Teamed with Ogbah and Shelton we have the start of a really good front four. We got a safety and that was definitely a position of need. And we got a TE that was by all accounts the 2nd TE on the board. We also got a 1st round pick next year. By any measure that is a damned fine start to a draft.

We got better and THAT is a change from previous regimes. To me I give them an A so far and I haven't done that is a long time.

Couldn't have said it better...
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 09:50 AM
Sorry but makes no sense to pass on Malik or OJ, if they wanted a Safety and a TE.

The trade at 12 is absurd, unless it was some kind of secret condition on the Osweiler deal
Posted By: Thebigbaddawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 09:59 AM
Id take Peppers and Njoku over OJ in a second. I would have taken Hooker though. Oh well, I like the other 2.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:00 AM
Not really liking the trade back. I'm in favor of letting the draft come to you then taking the best player. This was about acquiring ammunition for some hypothetical that has nearly no chance of happening.

I'm not sure how you get better with this approach.
Posted By: Rishuz Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:11 AM
Plus I'll add if we had taken Howard there we have gotten 2 of the top rated guys at their positions. Immediate starters. Immediate impact players.

Give me the quality over quantity any day.

Hell, if we'd just taken Wentz, I doubt they would have made this trade. We'd be sitting so good right now.

It is so hard to be a fan of this team.
Posted By: CapCity Dawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:15 AM
Originally Posted By: rastanplan
The trade at 12 is absurd, unless it was some kind of secret condition on the Osweiler deal

Just speculated this on another thread. I kinda think this.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:28 AM
That makes Deshaun Watson the most valuable QB we had in a long time...

We traded Deshaun for Osweiler and the #1st and a 2 rnd pick this year + the 1st round pick next year...

Humm, I think the Texans made an hell of a deal....
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:40 AM
Originally Posted By: BADdog
They did what they could to get a QB next year

No NFL team can do it better. rofl
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:42 AM
Why is it that our Browns get schooled every year by one team or another?
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 10:48 AM
Great first round. Go Browns
Posted By: Bard Dawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 11:31 AM
Bad, Plan C could still be finding a great vet QB. Says a lot about where Kessler sits in the QB mix. But I liked picking up the extra first pick. Sure that we have to re-evaluate the leftovers for today. Could be fast and furious for 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 11:42 AM
To me, I would have preferred this: trade back to 25, take Njoku there and then take Baker at 33 .. no trade up
Posted By: Damanshot Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 11:47 AM

how do you know that?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:01 PM
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Why is it that our Browns get schooled every year by one team or another?

Sure. The Bears really schooled the Browns. notallthere
Posted By: MrTed Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:09 PM
I liked Hooker, but let's remember something. He was part of an 11 man team that couldn't keep Clemson out of the end zone to save their lives in the play offs last year.

Don't like the Peppers pick, cause he was going up against the 11 man team that couldn't keep Clemson out of the end zone and was pretty much a non factor in tOSU Michigan game.

Woulda took someone else.
Posted By: waterdawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:11 PM
Where do I get one of these Crystal Ball's you Guy's are looking into ??
Posted By: Swish Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:17 PM
I wanted Watson at 12.

But it's fairly obvious: all these QB's were gonna be projects. So it's not surprising that the FO didn't really value these qb's, at least not at the positions they were in for the 1st round.

For all we know, they like Kizer in the 2nd. For all we know, they don't like any of them this year.

But the FO got the most important pick right: Garrett. We got our DE/pass rusher. We got a starting SS in peppers. We got a beast ass TE from Miami.

The FO is making it clear they want to build the team first, which is why they revamped the O line in FA.

I'm fine with it.
Posted By: texaslostdawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:22 PM
all I know is that three teams gave up assets to trade up to get QB's that most did not have first round grade's on.

does that mean they will fail? No it doe, all it means is that on paper three teams over reached, nothinh more nothing less.
Posted By: Dawgs4Life Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:23 PM
IMO we also leaked wanting Cousins conveniently before pick 12, so that teams in the 20s would know we weren't taking Watson and they could jump Arizona
Posted By: Bull_Dawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:26 PM
Originally Posted By: MrTed
I liked Hooker, but let's remember something. He was part of an 11 man team that couldn't keep Clemson out of the end zone to save their lives in the play offs last year.

Don't like the Peppers pick, cause he was going up against the 11 man team that couldn't keep Clemson out of the end zone and was pretty much a non factor in tOSU Michigan game.

Woulda took someone else.

Hooker was playing with the torn labrum against Clemson and still had 7 tackles and picked off Watson. The offense (or lack thereof) was the issue.

Supposedly Peppers was asked to focus on outside contain against the run for the good of the team. This limited his opportunities in man coverage but he performed well when asked to. Michigan did lead the NCAA in total defense, so it seems to have been a good plan for the team if not his Draft stock.
Posted By: Homewood Dog Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 12:26 PM
I don't think our management was stumped. We got what we needed so far in our 3 picks plus another 1st for next year. Just because the S and TE may not be what some posters wanted doesn't mean they won't be good. Give it time to work out.
Posted By: OrangeHelmet Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:09 PM
I don't believe they ever were going after Trubisky or Mahomes, it was all led by the 'experts' on ESPN and NFL network ..... if we grab a QB at all ... watch for either Webb or Kaaya
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:15 PM
Originally Posted By: Homewood Dog
I don't think our management was stumped. We got what we needed so far in our 3 picks plus another 1st for next year. Just because the S and TE may not be what some posters wanted doesn't mean they won't be good. Give it time to work out.

You are probably one of those who still think Coleman can studd, afterall WR's only bloom on year 3 wink

There were a number of picks that made sense at 12, Malik, OJ and Deshaun to name a few would mean an immediate improvement on what we have,

We need diference makers and those you cannot draft at 25, even at 12 is hard, but this draft was a different draft.

I can only give it a pass if this was a condition on the Osweiler deal and If Hue wants Osweiler has the QB.
Posted By: PrplPplEater Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 01:24 PM
We need diference makers and those you cannot draft at 25

Aaron Rodgers (#24) and Ray Lewis (#26) disagree with your assertion.
As does Ahmad Carrol, William Joseph, Dont'a Hightower, Ted Washington, Santonio Holmes, etc...

Actually, here: http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/pick/25
You pick some names at #25 smile

To me, it is a fantastic place to pick quality defensive difference makers because early in the draft teams are usually falling all over themselves picking QB's, WR's, and RB's.

Posted By: The Beast Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 03:18 PM
I didn't like the trade back even though they got another #1 in 2018. I would rather have had Howard. Peppers could have been gotten at 33 even though I wouldn't have taken him there either.
Posted By: hitt Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 03:33 PM
+1, just like J Thomas said, don't reach for QB- the owner stayed out of it and we got three studs.....AND have ammo to get any player we want next year- JMHO, unless we get Jim Grap THIS year, I don't want him, young good QBs plentiful next year.....GO Browns!!!!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 05:04 PM
I'm way more excited about next year's QB class than this years. So I don't mind the trade from 12 with that in mind at all. I just hope it pays off. Plus, we can't overlook the fact that we landed the BEST player in this draft and two other immediate starters.
Posted By: drobs Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 05:06 PM
I still think the accumulation of draft assets also brings Jimmy G (I tried spelling Garropoll.oll.oll numerous times, ah dang it) and Kirk Cousins into play next year also.

Let's see what BO, CK and a rookie do.

Improvement in defense, I expect. More wins, I hope.
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 05:18 PM
To think we didn't have a plan for nearly every possible scenario is being naive. We had backup plans after backup plans.
In the end of the day we had a awesome 1st round!!
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 05:23 PM
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
Some reports, from some source at OBR as I read on DawgsByNature, say we wanted Mahomes. THe report elaborated that someone in the Browns war room engaged their potty mouth when they saw KC take him.

Andy Reid has been playing the poker/chess game of football operations for 20+ years.

Around the league there's a whole "culture" of team leaders who have been playing the poker/chess game of football operations for long periods of time as well.

The Browns have been at it, probably 5 years, much less in some cases.
Maybe the Browns learned a lesson here.

It is a hard lesson to learn if it means another 12 months with Cody Kessler as the face of your franchise. If he can stay healthy.
Posted By: rastanplan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 05:25 PM
Originally Posted By: PrplPplEater
We need diference makers and those you cannot draft at 25

Aaron Rodgers (#24) and Ray Lewis (#26) disagree with your assertion.
As does Ahmad Carrol, William Joseph, Dont'a Hightower, Ted Washington, Santonio Holmes, etc...

Actually, here: http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/pick/25
You pick some names at #25 smile

To me, it is a fantastic place to pick quality defensive difference makers because early in the draft teams are usually falling all over themselves picking QB's, WR's, and RB's.

So why are people praising all the picks we have, it doesn't matter. I think you can put up a decent team with UDFA's...

Also if the draft order does not matter, why are there drafts in the first place...

Just a final note to say that its evident why you can find success in late picks in the rounds, because there's where the best teams are...
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 05:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Vambo

I was about to say KC when I realized Watson is in Houston.

So Houston.

I tell ya what, I'd trade Jabril Peppers and whatever they got in that trade down for Watson right there at 12.

Personally? Me? I'd throw in Garrett too, but that's just me! It's all meaningless going back in time, at this point anyway!

.08 chance they go winless this year.

Of course you Know, Vambo. This way of thinking wouldn't be necessary if they could hold on to their own players who join the team. I mean if
RG3, or JFF, or even Weeden, (at what 44 years) were still on the Browns, then the giant NEED wouldn't be there.

Does this mean they will have to pay Osweiler all his incentives, when the news reports all said they didn't even want him.
Posted By: clwb419 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:25 PM
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

So Houston.

I tell ya what, I'd trade Jabril Peppers and whatever they got in that trade down for Watson right there at 12.

Personally? Me? I'd throw in Garrett too, but that's just me! It's all meaningless going back in time, at this point anyway!

Of course you Know, Vambo. This way of thinking wouldn't be necessary if they could hold on to their own players who join the team. I mean if
RG3, or JFF, or even Weeden, (at what 44 years) were still on the Browns, then the giant NEED wouldn't be there.

Does this mean they will have to pay Osweiler all his incentives, when the news reports all said they didn't even want him.

Are you saying you'd trade Peppers, a first rounder next year, and Garrett for Watson?

And regarding Osweiler, we have to pay him regardless of whether we keep him or cut him, and likely a large part of his salary if we traded him.
Posted By: Deepsouthdawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:30 PM
If you like jameus Winston that's what you getting with Watson minus the accuracy. If that's worth what you saying you would give for Watson....im at a loss for words!!!
Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:38 PM

So Houston.

This is a joke right? Did you forget the purple? You are using RG3, JFF and Weeden as examples of players we should have kept? Congrats...if anyone thought you had any credibility in anything, you just flushed that down the toilet lol
Of course they were!

the Browns did exactly what I expected them to do (Draft Garret and have no Qb option). they have created an untenable situation that will most likely see Sashi, Depodesta, and Jackson fired at the end of the year.

Mitchell Trubisky will be a BIG TIME QB....he was compared to Matt Stafford by NFL.com draft profiles coming out. The Bears are not stupid, they knew the only way they could compete in that division with Rodgers and Stafford was to go out and get a QB.

The Browns are not too bright, they will NEVER compete with Flacco, Rothlisberger, and Dalton in this division without a QB, and 2 times now recently we have had franchise QB handed to us on a silver platter(Wentz and Trubisky)and passed on them. These kinda decisions get people fired and im sick and tired of starting over with new coaches all the time.

Hue Jackson was set up for failure and doesn't have a snowballs chance in Hades of being successful here. I don't believe for one second he didn't want either of those QB...he knows you can't win without one...the thing about Hue is he is a good guy and he will eat a crap sandwich and smile for the cameras just out of respect for football. Trubisky is better then Dalton and is far more talented...

If Hue was running the show we would have a QB by now...shame he will most likely fall on the sword this coming season and be gone because of the dolts running our FO that have no expereince...Sashi is nothing more then Laywer, and Depodesa a baseball guru....we are so pegged...just most of you don't realize it yet

1-15 again is a real possibility, maybe even 0-16....we have the worst QB situation in the NFL in the last 50 years...even the Packers of the 80's didn't have a QB situation as bad as ours, and ours is caused solely by our own ignorance and lack of patience to pick high and develop.

Short of a miracle trade of Jimmy G or Cousins there is literlaly no reason at all to watch the Browns this year unless your ok with losing and ok with being out of playoff contention by the end of October

Here is what your looking at realistically for the 2017 season

Week 1: Steelers - L
Week 2 Ravens - L
Week 3 Colts - L
Week 4 Bengals - L
Week 5 Jets - L
Week 6 Texans L
Week 7 Titans L
Week 8 - Vikings - L
Week 9 - Lions L
Week 10 - Jaguars - L
Weeks 11 - Bengals - L
Week 12 - Chargers - W
Week - 13 Packers - L
Week 14 - Raven's - L
Week 15 - Bears - L (Trubisky has HUGE revenge game)
Week 16 - Steelers L

The only game on the schedule we have a realistic shot to win the with absolute steaming pile of crap we have at Qb is the Chargers...that's it...Thats terrible.....i'll never accept losing...i don't care if Garret was the best player in the draft..Trubisky was the pick that best fit this team, and i hope Sashi, Depodesa, and Jackson enjoy updating their resumes at years end because at 1-15 or by some miracle 3-13 no way they survive....

Depodesta talks about Jimmy Johnson, at least Johnson had enough sense to draft Troy Aikman #1 overall(At took much criticism for it too) back in 89 so he had the piece tp build his team around..Aikman was awful his 1st year, most posters on here would have called him a bust, but they were patient and developed him....

The Qb class is always said to be better next year, but when next year rolls around, its always better next year...the grass is always greener on the other side.

When Trubisky is hoisting a Lombari Trophy for the Bears, i still doubt many of you will get it...hence why we have sucked since 2001.....

I may sound harsh, but it is what it is....
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:39 PM
I mean if

I'll take Kessler over any of those 3 thanks. Having all 3 on the roster still wouldn't change where we are at.
Posted By: Swish Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:39 PM
You don't even know if Trubisky will be starting week 15.
Originally Posted By: Swish

He will be. Gabbert is not very good, and the Bears have a solid running game, a decent OL, and a decent D...Trubisky will be what puts them over the hump and makes some noise in the playoffs....it will become apparent what we passed on soon enough....
Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:44 PM
I am sometimes amazed at what some people think lol. Anytime we don't pick a QB they are the next Tom Brady. I'm just amazed that the draft grades from these QBs and people think the sky is falling because we didn't reach for one of them. Amazing.

Now I will say this, if next year they don't take a QB than I'll lose any sort of faith I have because all signs point to them positioning themselves to get one next year and just about everyone says next year's QB class is much better than this years is.
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:46 PM
Quote:
t Garret and have no Qb option). they have created an untenable situation that will most likely see Sashi, Depodesta, and Jackson fired at the end of the year.

I take it you're not a Cody Kessler fan, lol

I'd have loved Trubisky, but not at 1 unless the whole staff was sold (which they weren't). And the cost of trading up to two would have been too high.

But I like Kessler, so there's that. I don't think we will win 1 game next year, and I don't think the staff will be fired either. Maybe in two years, but not next year
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:48 PM
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown

He will be. Gabbert is not very good, and the Bears have a solid running game, a decent OL, and a decent D...Trubisky will be what puts them over the hump and makes some noise in the playoffs....it will become apparent what we passed on soon enough....

You're really going to go down with the MTrub train aren't you?
Posted By: PeteyDangerous Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:55 PM

I think you mean Glennon. And I think Glennon will be starting till the Bears are out of playoff reach. They paid a lot for him
Posted By: YTownBrownsFan Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 06:59 PM

Yep, Gabbert is not very good. That's why he currently is unsigned. wink
Posted By: CalDawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 07:11 PM
Quote:
Here is what your looking at realistically for the 2017 season

Week 1: Steelers - L
Week 2 Ravens - L
Week 3 Colts - L
Week 4 Bengals - L
Week 5 Jets - L
Week 6 Texans L
Week 7 Titans L
Week 8 - Vikings - L
Week 9 - Lions L
Week 10 - Jaguars - L
Weeks 11 - Bengals - L
Week 12 - Chargers - W
Week - 13 Packers - L
Week 14 - Raven's - L
Week 16 - Steelers L

Sam Darnold, welcome to the Browns! nanner brownie

Quote:

For not taking him at #1? rofl
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg

This is a joke right? Did you forget the purple? You are using RG3, JFF and Weeden as examples of players we should have kept? Congrats...if anyone thought you had any credibility in anything, you just flushed that down the toilet lol

I only say they should have kept them, if they ever signed them in the 1st place!

Or , If they weren't going to keep them, then why did they sign them in the first place.
You can go back 7 years and say, well, "we're going to scrap everything and go with This Guy!"
Then do it again 2 years later, and again 2 years later, and so on.

At some point, one has to say, when you said we're going to go with "this guy". You were not sincere.

Because you moved on from, whomever, again.
Posted By: OrlandoDawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 08:48 PM
That makes absolutely no sense, so every player you draft or sign you should stick with till the end? Absolutely nobody in the NFL does that.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 09:00 PM
Originally Posted By: OrlandoDawg
I am sometimes amazed at what some people think lol. Anytime we don't pick a QB they are the next Tom Brady. I'm just amazed that the draft grades from these QBs and people think the sky is falling because we didn't reach for one of them. Amazing.

Now I will say this, if next year they don't take a QB than I'll lose any sort of faith I have because all signs point to them positioning themselves to get one next year and just about everyone says next year's QB class is much better than this years is.

I am sometimes amazed at what some people think. There are only 10-15 quarterbacks on the planet, at a given time that can really be the best.

Find them in the top half of the 1st round of the college draft, in a given year.

I'll say this, of next years positioning themselves to get a Qb next year, that I've been hearing this line every year since 2011.

And everytime the Browns "do" draft a quarterback, folks on this board, flip their lid like they just blew an opportunity.
And nobody's been a useable Qb good enough for this board except Andrew Luck, RG3, and maybe Marcus Mariotta, in 20 years.

Nobody good enough for dawgtalkers. Everybody's got flaws, they have to take a chance.

Just "don't let it ever be on a quarterback",
Quarterbacks! We don't need no stinking Quarterbacks!
Posted By: DeputyDawg Re: Brown's Management Stumped again! - 04/28/17 11:05 PM

I am sometimes amazed at what some people think. There are only 10-15 quarterbacks on the planet, at a given time that can really be the best.

Find them in the top half of the 1st round of the college draft, in a given year.

I'll say this, of next years positioning themselves to get a Qb next year, that I've been hearing this line every year since 2011.

And everytime the Browns "do" draft a quarterback, folks on this board, flip their lid like they just blew an opportunity.
And nobody's been a useable Qb good enough for this board except Andrew Luck, RG3, and maybe Marcus Mariotta, in 20 years.

Nobody good enough for dawgtalkers. Everybody's got flaws, they have to take a chance.

Just "don't let it ever be on a quarterback",
Quarterbacks! We don't need no stinking Quarterbacks!

We've reached at QB plenty of times in both FA and the Draft

© DawgTalkers.net