DawgTalkers.net
North Korea: UN gains 'unprecedented access' during visit

The head of the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) believes there is a "sense of optimism" among North Korea's leaders after enjoying what he said was unprecedented access to the country.
"There is a sense of turning a new page in history," he told the BBC.

North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear site on May 23-25: state media

North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear site sometime between May 23 and 25 in order to uphold its pledge to discontinue nuclear tests, state media said on Saturday.
This is a developing story.
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05/12/...tate-media.html

So far so good thumbsup
The Summit begins June 12th in Singapore.
Hard to test when you’ve collapsed your underground testing facility. But who needs facts like that?
https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.n...in-mount-mantap

But sure. It’s trump. All trump. He scared them into stopping. Yeah. That’s it.
Well there is that but this is a big site and there are many tunnels and labs that are operational.

North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said Saturday that all the tunnels at the country’s northeastern testing ground will be destroyed by explosion and that observation and research facilities and ground-based testing units will also be removed. The dramatic and symbolic event is part of the Hermit Kingdom’s pledge to discontinue nuclear tests.
KJU is excited to become a legitimate world leader and get his seat at the table of nations. Trump will hand him this honor simply by meeting with him. At that point at least one of them will be legitimate.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg
KJU is excited to become a legitimate world leader and get his seat at the table of nations. Trump will hand him this honor simply by meeting with him. At that point at least one of them will be legitimate.

If he gets a seat at the table of nations it will be on Trump's terms and not based on some feeling of newfound trust in a ruthless dictator...like was done on the Iran nuke deal.

Trump will determine every last detail of that seat...and will do so in the best interests of America. You know...like the POTUS should do.
And Trump has no qualms about walking away from the Summit if Kim is not serious.

Just like Reagan walked away from Gorbachev at Reykjavik.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 03:45 PM
Quote:
If he gets a seat at the table of nations it will be on Trump's terms and not based on some feeling of newfound trust in a ruthless dictator...like was done on the Iran nuke deal.

Remember when he called Saudi Arabia ruthless dictators who carried out 9/11, and vowed to not deal with them like Hillary Clinton did? And then they invited him to visit and put his picture on a building, and he sold them $110 billion in arms.

Also, you do realize that the goal here is to strike something incredibly similar to the Iran deal, yes?

Trump is a complete pushover. All you need to gain "newfound trust" with him is compliment his tie.

Quote:
Trump will determine every last detail of that seat.

You think the guy who just discovered two weeks ago that negotiations and economic concessions were going to have to take place has any knowledge on "details"?
Originally Posted By: PDF
Quote:

Remember when he called Saudi Arabia ruthless dictators who carried out 9/11, and vowed to not deal with them like Hillary Clinton did? And then they invited him to visit and put his picture on a building, and he sold them $110 billion in arms.

Also, you do realize that the goal here is to strike something incredibly similar to the Iran deal, yes?

Trump is a complete pushover. All you need to gain "newfound trust" with him is compliment his tie.

Quote:
Trump will determine every last detail of that seat.

You think the guy who just discovered two weeks ago that negotiations and economic concessions were going to have to take place has any knowledge on "details"?

We are "in bed" with Saudi Arabia for a slew of reasons. You wish to pick and choose to make your point convenient.

If slapping Syria, constraining Iran and pushing NK to de-nuke themselves while signing a peace accord with SK is being a 'pushover'...I'd like some more pushover please.
I confused when TRUMP was insulting Little Kim they said that Trump was going to start a nuclear war.

Now that Trump is trying to get him to the table to de- nuclearize he,s tryin to calm things down he,s kissing his arse.

Please pick a lane guys .
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 03:59 PM
Trump spent a year and a half going around the country saying that Saudi Arabia was a brutal terrorist regime, lambasting Hillary Clinton's willingness to deal with them, and vowing that he never would.

Then they invited him and threw a big party for them and sold them $110 billiion in weapons.

It's not an isolated point, it's a good example of Trump's penchant for easily being bowled over. If you are nice to him, or compliment him, you can pretty much get whatever you want.

His history both politically and professionally undeniably illustrates this.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 04:02 PM
Originally Posted By: Riley01
I confused when TRUMP was insulting Little Kim they said that Trump was going to start a nuclear war.

I believe it was Trump himself who said that.

After Kim called Trump old and senile, he got all angry and started those "Rocket Man Little Rocket Man" grandpa tantrums at rallies, and would often ramble about him having "a bigger red button" than Kim (Trump at this point was under the impression that North Korea had nuclear weapons, and learned halfway through the saga that Kim Jong-Il and Kim Jong-Un were different people)
Originally Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING

The head of the UN's World Food Programme (WFP) believes there is a "sense of optimism" among North Korea's leaders after enjoying what he said was unprecedented access to the country.

North Korea to hold ‘ceremony’ dismantling nuclear site on May 23-25: state media

North Korea has scheduled a “ceremony” to dismantle its nuclear site sometime between May 23 and 25 in order to uphold its pledge to discontinue nuclear tests, state media said on Saturday.

So far so good thumbsup

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that little thang where we got our prisoners returned by Kim. thumbsup

Keep it rolling Mr.President.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 04:20 PM
Interesting, that's a site they accidentally collapsed last year during a failed test.

I'll be interested to hear Pompeo's reaction. He said this morning we were hoping to basically due the Iran deal, which I would be all for.

Oh yea, I forgot to mention that little thang where we got our prisoners returned by Kim. thumbsup

Prisoners getting returned ... that sounds awfully expensive ...

How much has it cost us? ..... rofl ...
Originally Posted By: DiamDawg

It cost us one hand of cards and Kim got Trumped! thumbsup
If this deal actually happens I will be ecstatic for the peace it brings in Korea. I do worry the Trump will get fleeced in the process. But if he brings TRUE peace to Korea, he should get his accolades.

I think KJU is just ready to get this done too. He gets a big boy seat and knows he can cut a favorable deal. He will get to hold onto power, keep his money and the world will help him feed his people, provide modern infrastructure, and help bring them into the 21st century. That's not bad for him at all... What will Trump get? Probably a Nobel.

The same ones that he accused the previous administration of failing to negotiate a release...

Why let facts get in the way... right guys? rofl
Oh yes, Trump made it look so easy... rolleyes

That's why Hawaii crapped its pants a few months ago over a missile scare. Your boy made things CRAZY worse before China reined in Kim. As a matter of fact, if not for the leadership in SK and China, we wouldn't be talking about this right now if you ask me.

Trump's whole life he makes messes and the adults come fix it for him. Like when the banks put him on an allowance and took control of his business interest. The only thing stronger about him now is he has the US Military backing him and a button on his desk that he desperately wants to push because it's there, "so why don't we use it?".
Originally Posted By: Lairdawg

The same ones that he accused the previous administration of failing to negotiate a release...

HUH ... your job is in some sort of “trading” in the pacific rim ... i gotta wonder how good u are at your job if u dont understand the difference between ...

BUYING THE RELEASE OF HOSTAGES and paying 1.7 billion dollars for them THAT WE KNOW OF ...

AND

Getting Hostages released as a pre-requisite to a negotiation with the sole cost being the gas to fly the plane over to pick them up ...

Go ahead and negotiate like O and see how long u have a job paying 1.7 billion for sumptin u could of got for the cost of gas ... granted its a lot of fuel ... rofl ...

And the BEST PART ... as sure as I’m sitting here typing this some of that 1.7 billion went to terrorists that resulted DIRECTLY IN THE DEATH OF AMERICANS more than once ..

Ain’t that just dandy .... u guys GOTTA BE SO PROUD OF O ... rolleyes ...
And I can't understand why you can't comprehend that part of lifting sanctions includes releasing assets that belonged to a country to begin with.

That's why Hawaii crapped its pants a few months ago over a missile scare.

That's not true.

Hawaii 'crapped its pants' because someone sent out a missile alert. Twice, if I'm not mistaken.
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg

That's not true.

Hawaii 'crapped its pants' because someone sent out a missile alert. Twice, if I'm not mistaken.

umm, thats a missile scare, exactly what OCD just said. you disagreed with him only to back him up.

what planet do we live on?
I shouldn't even respond to you, but, here's ocd's full post.
Quote:

That's why Hawaii crapped its pants a few months ago over a missile scare. Your boy made things CRAZY worse before China reined in Kim. As a matter of fact, if not for the leadership in SK and China, we wouldn't be talking about this right now if you ask me.

Trump's whole life he makes messes and the adults come fix it for him. Like when the banks put him on an allowance and took control of his business interest. The only thing stronger about him now is he has the US Military backing him and a button on his desk that he desperately wants to push because it's there, "so why don't we use it?".

Notice......eh, nevermind.
so again, what was the difference between OCD mentioning a missile scare, and your comments essentially backing his claim up?

its a really straight forward response. lets see if you make this difficult.
His implication was the missile scare was because of Trump.

It's pretty simple.

Now, go ahead and attack me. Go ahead and attempt to belittle me.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 07:50 PM
Arch is correct.

The missile scare was due to incompetence and had no direct or indirect correlation to Trump.
Arch is correct.

The missile scare was due to incompetence and had no direct or indirect correlation to Trump.

Holy cow. Now I have to go wipe my rear cause I just took a .....BM (I think that's the term we use on here now?)

Maybe the attack dog will understand this as well? I have my doubts though.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 07:57 PM
Arch is correct.

Holy cow. Now I have to go wipe my rear cause I just took a .....BM (I think that's the term we use on here now?)

Maybe the attack dog will understand this as well? I have my doubts though.

You say a variation of of this every time I agree with you.

If I had a dollar for every time it happened, it could probably cover dinner for two at a high-end restaurant.

(Also, I'm pretty sure you're allowed to say "poop" or "crap")
Well, I guess my humor went over your head. That's fine.

But, as far as me doing a 'variation' of some aspect every time you agree with me (read that as: everytime you're right), go check out your posts, in general. You don't even vary much.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 08:11 PM
Well, I guess my humor went over your head. That's fine.

But, as far as me doing a 'variation' of some aspect every time you agree with me (read that as: everytime you're right), go check out your posts, in general. You don't even vary much.

Why do you want to ruin a perfectly good riff by getting cranky?

Lighten up, dude.

(I checked and you can say both "poop" and "crap")
why you so defensive?
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
And I can't understand why you can't comprehend that part of lifting sanctions includes releasing assets that belonged to a country to begin with.

I understand it 100% ... its not that hard to understand ... what i dont understand is why u think we had to give it back to them ... it was INCLUDED AS PART OF THE RAPE ...

Was it a smart thing to do? .... rofl ....

U wont answer ... you’ll talk to me about the “right thing” to do ... but u wont answer that question ...

WAS IT SMART TO GIVE THEM ALL THEIR MONEY FROZEN AS PART OF THE SANCTIONS FOR SIGNING A PIECE OF PAPER?

Please answer the question ... YES or NO ...

rofl ... not a shot in hell ...

That's not true.

Trump fired him .... rofl ...
Well, I'm not cranky. Sorry you took it that way.

Poop, crap? 'BM' was in reference to portland, and his comments in some Baker Mayfield thread about "bm' and the replies towards that. They were, you know, lighthearted things.

I'm surprised you didn't catch that, what with your seemingly perfect memory on who said what how many hours, days, weeks, and years ago.

In other words, it was a joke.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 08:46 PM

I'm surprised you didn't catch that, what with your seemingly perfect memory on who said what how many hours, days, weeks, and years ago.

You know there's a Search feature on this board, yes?

In other words, it was a joke. [/quote]

*sighs, rubs forehead*

I caught the joke. I was joking back with you. I assumed "BM" meant bowel movement, contextually.

Have a good weekend, Arch. I mean that earnestly.

That response right there is why I didn't list reasons to not trust Iran. Why would I bother? We've not trusted them for quite some time and they've done nothing to change that lack of trust.
Originally Posted By: WSU Willie

That response right there is why I didn't list reasons to not trust Iran. Why would I bother? We've not trusted them for quite some time and they've done nothing to change that lack of trust.

so what has the US done to deserve trust in the middle east?
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 09:15 PM

Can you list maybe just 1?

You don't even need to explain it, just list the colloquial name of the event.

I'll cite an example:

"We shouldn't trust Saudi Arabia because they did 9/11"

Now you go:

"We shouldn't trust Iran because they_______".

You're the "logic, reason, common sense, etc." guy, should be a cakewalk for you.
His implication was the missile scare was because of Trump.

It's pretty simple.

Now, go ahead and attack me. Go ahead and attempt to belittle me.

I never implied that at all. I STATED Trump made things worse, that's why Hawaii crapped its pants during the missile scare. Trump didn't cause the mistake that sent out the message, he just had KJU throwing hissy fits and launching missiles over Japan, also threatening to nuke Guam. Those things were Trumps fault indirectly.
Quote above by OCD:

Quote:
...that's why Hawaii crapped its pants during the missile scare.…

Can you list maybe just 1?

You don't even need to explain it, just list the colloquial name of the event.

I'll cite an example:

"We shouldn't trust Saudi Arabia because they did 9/11"

Now you go:

"We shouldn't trust Iran because they_______".

You're the "logic, reason, common sense, etc." guy, should be a cakewalk for you.

We've had sanctions against Iran for years. Google why for yourself and pick your favorite.

What in their behavior earned a new deal?
Originally Posted By: Swish

so what has the US done to deserve trust in the middle east?

A little and a lot...of good and bad. What did Iran do to earn a deal?
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 10:05 PM
What did Iran do to earn a deal?

Gave up their nuclear energy program.

Why are all of their "oooh, they won't be able to answer this!" questions always so simple?
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/12/18 10:07 PM
Quote:
A little and a lot...of good and bad.

And the good is...?
What did Iran do to earn a deal?

Gave up their nuclear energy program.

Why are all of their "oooh, they won't be able to answer this!" questions always so simple?

So they gave up their nuclear program? But still have one with limitations on how it gets inspected. Got it.
Quote:
A little and a lot...of good and bad.

And the good is...?

Oh my goodness...why do you want me to detail out things that have occurred in the middle east that are good? Are you Rumpelstiltskin?

If you don't already know what we've done that is good, there are no words I can give you to change your mind.
Trump Tweeted, sends his Seal of Approval...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYuK6IBrQY

HUH ... your job is in some sort of “trading” in the pacific rim ... i gotta wonder how good u are at your job if u dont understand the difference between ...

BUYING THE RELEASE OF HOSTAGES and paying 1.7 billion dollars for them THAT WE KNOW OF ...

AND

Getting Hostages released as a pre-requisite to a negotiation with the sole cost being the gas to fly the plane over to pick them up ...

Go ahead and negotiate like O and see how long u have a job paying 1.7 billion for sumptin u could of got for the cost of gas ... granted its a lot of fuel ... rofl ...

And the BEST PART ... as sure as I’m sitting here typing this some of that 1.7 billion went to terrorists that resulted DIRECTLY IN THE DEATH OF AMERICANS more than once ..

Ain’t that just dandy .... u guys GOTTA BE SO PROUD OF O ... rolleyes ...

Where in my small post did you see me referring to the blabber that you just posted?

And, about my job... I will keep that to myself to save you from further embarrassment... you should not tread where you have no clue...

Since you are so attached.. I'll add some of these... rofl rofl
What i was “blabbering” about was the point of your entire post ... either that or your post had no point ... your call ... rofl ...

You spend most of your time in areas u have no clue about .. i figured i’d follow u down that rabbit hole for a change ... and I didn’t make a statement ... i said I WONDER ... u have any clue what that means ... appearantly not ... rofl ..

Just curious ... what country do u live in .. it makes a huge difference in the pacific rim ... u seem more like a Thailand type a guy than a Singapore type of guy ... just to clarify, that wasn’t a statement ... rofl ...

Thanks for the rofl ... made me feel right at home ...

I see you’ve at least learned the culture in the pacific rim .... rofl ...
What i was “blabbering” about was the point of your entire post ... either that or your post had no point ... your call ... rofl ...

You spend most of your time in areas u have no clue about .. i figured i’d follow u down that rabbit hole for a change ... and I didn’t make a statement ... i said I WONDER ... u have any clue what that means ... appearantly not ... rofl ..

Just curious ... what country do u live in .. it makes a huge difference in the pacific rim ... u seem more like a Thailand type a guy than a Singapore type of guy ... just to clarify, that wasn’t a statement ... rofl ...

Thanks for the rofl ... made me feel right at home ...

I see you’ve at least learned the culture in the pacific rim .... rofl ...

Haven't been to Bangkok.. I do want to visit Vietnam and Laos, though...

I have done business with a couple of companies in Singapore... all successful... most of them speak a minimum of four languages.. pretty sharp people... but negotiation can we their weak point...

Actually, my proximity is more aligned for China business... but luckily I still have a quasi-essential democracy to reside in...

Exactly which culture do you think I have learned here.. there are many.
I was breaking your chops about the culture thing ... one of the first things i learned about the Japanese and the Chinese is that they would basically bow while f’ng U ... they did it very very politely but u were getting the shaft .... *L* ...

Why Vietnam and Laos? ....

Singapore is an incredible country that most don’t know about ... it’s so clean it reminds me of the pristine living room that has the couch still in the plastic in it ... everything is just perfect and clean as could be .... people are intelligent and diverse ... Singapore is not an inexpensive place to live ...... its a little different than Thailand ... *L* ... at least the last time i was there ..

I’ve dealt with a handful of Chinese owned companies but they had Americans here i dealt with ... never been to China ... on my bucket list ... looking into business opportunities right now ... gonna take a peek that way ... u never know ...
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/13/18 03:03 PM
Did anyone see John Bolton this morning basically saying that Trump isn't prepared, but will just wing it?
I was breaking your chops about the culture thing ... one of the first things i learned about the Japanese and the Chinese is that they would basically bow while f’ng U ... they did it very very politely but u were getting the shaft .... *L* ...

Why Vietnam and Laos? ....

Singapore is an incredible country that most don’t know about ... it’s so clean it reminds me of the pristine living room that has the couch still in the plastic in it ... everything is just perfect and clean as could be .... people are intelligent and diverse ... Singapore is not an inexpensive place to live ...... its a little different than Thailand ... *L* ... at least the last time i was there ..

I’ve dealt with a handful of Chinese owned companies but they had Americans here i dealt with ... never been to China ... on my bucket list ... looking into business opportunities right now ... gonna take a peek that way ... u never know ...

Been busting yours a bit too, bro... Vietnam has become a bit more commercial, while Laos still has the beauty of being more or less untouched... people are wonderful and the food is amazing.. so I've been told... a lot of opportunity there.

Let me know if you decide to do the China thing... we can do the south in a whirlwind... I have friends and associates in Nanjing, Shanghai, Qingdao and Beijing... Can take you up in the Sino Steel building in Beijing... pretty impressive... sold them quite a lot of iron ore back in the day..

Anyway... invitation is out there... maybe we could catch an NFL game, too!

Ok.. back to our regularly scheduled political onslaught! catfight tongue

The past 72 hours in surprising North Korea news, explained
A possible nuclear agreement, a potential historic concession, and perhaps a change in America’s stance toward North Korea.

By Alex Ward@AlexWardVoxalex.ward@vox.com May 14, 2018, 2:20pm EDT

https://www.vox.com/2018/5/14/17352056/north-korea-news-trump-bolton-pompeo-nuclear
It's almost like Russia and China got together and told North Korea we won't protect you from the US unless you do this...
It's almost like Russia and China got together and told North Korea we won't protect you from the US unless you do this...

China and Russia have as much to do with this as Trump does.
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

Who got them involved .... did it just magically happen ... rofl

All trails lead back to Mr. President ..... deal with it ... thumbsup
So far, so good.

Keep it rolling Mr.President. thumbsup
Wait..are you implying that Russia and China were not involved in North Korea prior to Trump ?
Originally Posted By: IRE 45
Wait..are you implying that Russia and China were not involved in North Korea prior to Trump ?

Truly clueless...

#PuffPuffPass ...

Not even close ...

And look who chimed in behind U and is once again struggling with 0 + 0 = 0 ... rofl ...

Maybe, maybe not.....more so China if either.

If this does pull off and we see a major shift in relations, there is little doubt that President Trump and Kim should win the Nobel Peace prize.

This has been a stalemate for nearly 70 years now.

Bro... China and Russia have long been involved with NK... your president didn't have anything what-so-ever to do with that...

How do you think they have been skirting the sanctions all of this time?

They have been tying vessels off together just outside of Hong Kong waters for years... and I think their tired of the NK drama to carry it on any further...
One thing we do know, no other President has been involved with it, so that leaves us here today, with the sitting President we now have.

Like it or not, it seems to be happening on his watch.

It may all fall apart, but at this point we are seeing some positive movement. Be happy for that. Geesh.
I know dawg ... fully aware ...

China’s #1 in influence ... always has been ...

Russia used to be #2 .. has Iran passed them? ... i know NK and Iran have grown a lot closer over the last decade ...

Your thoughts on the above? ....

I was reffering to Trump “ratcheting up the heat” on China for lack of a better term ... he got them more engaged ...

You’d be shocked at what i actually think what happend here ... wink
I agree with you 100% on that assessment...

I think Iran is their proxy... or patsy... depending how you look at it.

And yes.. I think the heat in the kitchen just got too hot for everybody...

Not sure if I would be that "shocked", though! tongue

Bro... China and Russia have long been involved with NK... your president didn't have anything what-so-ever to do with that...

They have been tying vessels off together just outside of Hong Kong waters for years... and I think their tired of the NK drama to carry it on any further...

China has not, they may have said they are involved, but they have undermined and allowed NK to do whatever they want for years, because they knew they had pushovers in the US that would allow NK and their antics to continue.

Now with trump in the oval, he started calling China out on it, and they actually now have started to say "hey, they aint messing around".

Its like the parents who let their child do whatever they want, say whatever they want, because its just easier to let him do anything that actually have to parent. Now the new step dad is in the house, and is laying down the law.
Originally Posted By: willitevachange

China has not, they may have said they are involved, but they have undermined and allowed NK to do whatever they want for years, because they knew they had pushovers in the US that would allow NK and their antics to continue.

Now with trump in the oval, he started calling China out on it, and they actually now have started to say "hey, they aint messing around".

Its like the parents who let their child do whatever they want, say whatever they want, because its just easier to let him do anything that actually have to parent. Now the new step dad is in the house, and is laying down the law.

Dude.. you really schooled me!

The problem is that you really are unaware of what you don't know...

It's not a good look, you know...
LMAO ! You really do need to get out of the country more . Do you really think that the worldview of America is that of a parental figure who has had enough and is now looking over the newspaper at the naughty kids . Uh oh Dad's mad we better shape up ! Lol
Trump is actually trying to bail out a Chinese company that provides US tech to Iran and North Korea. He even tweeted about it. This dude is about to fold for a pump and dump to the trade deficit. China has a plan to become the world super power in 7 years and has been getting no resistance from the White House. It's crazy.
LMAO ! You really do need to get out of the country more . Do you really think that the worldview of America is that of a parental figure who has had enough and is now looking over the newspaper at the naughty kids . Uh oh Dad's mad we better shape up ! Lol
where did I say that? You really need to comprehend what you are reading more. I used an analogy in this instance, never stated anything about the Worldview.

However the worldview is that more progress has been made under trump in regards to NK and peace than another president in our lifetimes, and its driving you guys crazy.
j/c

All this chest pounding BEFORE there is an agreement? Why am I not surprised?

Let me know when we actually have an agreement that's any better than the Iran deal was.

As of now there seems to be an awful lot of chest thumping before anything is actually agreed upon. lmao
Ive said in the past that if something positive comes out of the Korean Peninsula while Trump is in office then that's great . IMO a perfect storm has happened that finally led the fat one to realize he was in a corner with nowhere to go . How much Trump has had to do with this will be hashed out in the pages of the future history books but if it happens during his term then he gets the credit .
North Korea announced it has canceled a high-level summit with South Korea and has threatened to cancel its meeting with the United States over American military drills with South Korea, Yonhap News said, citing KCNA.

Kim turns tough. Here we go.
North Korea announced it has canceled a high-level summit with South Korea and has threatened to cancel its meeting with the United States over American military drills with South Korea, Yonhap News said, citing KCNA.

He still deserves the Nobel Peace prize though. Heck, give him the prize in Literature too - he's made up more stories than most accomplished writers

Seriously though, this is a bummer.

Who knew?

North Korea threatened Wednesday to cancel the forthcoming summit between leader Kim Jong Un and President Donald Trump if Washington seeks to push Pyongyang into unilaterally giving up its nuclear arsenal.

It also cancelled high-level talks due Wednesday with Seoul over the Max Thunder joint military exercises being held between the United States and South Korea, denouncing the drills as a "rude and wicked provocation".

It is a sudden and dramatic return to the the rhetoric of the past by Pyongyang, after months of rapid diplomatic rapprochement on the peninsula.

"If the US is trying to drive us into a corner to force our unilateral nuclear abandonment, we will no longer be interested in such dialogue," first vice foreign minister Kim Kye Gwan said in a statement carried by state media.

In that case, he added, Pyongyang would have to "reconsider" its participation at the summit, due in Singapore on June 12.

The North's arsenal is expected to be at the top of the agenda of the historic talks, but Pyongyang has long insisted it needs the weapons to defend itself against invasion by the US.

Washington is pressing for its complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearisation. But so far the North has not given any public indication of what concessions it is offering, beyond euphemistic commitments to denuclearisation of the "Korean peninsula".

Pyongyang had "made clear on several occasions that precondition for denuclearisation is to put an end to anti-DPRK hostile policy and nuclear threats and blackmail of the United States", minister Kim said.

In the past, Pyongyang has demanded the withdrawal of the US troops stationed in the South to protect it from its neighbour, and an end to Washington's nuclear umbrella over its security ally.

The minister also blasted US National Security Advisor John Bolton's talk of a "Libyan model" for North Korean denuclearisation.

It was a "sinister move to impose on our dignified state the destiny of Libya or Iraq", he said. "I cannot suppress indignation at such moves of the US, and harbour doubt about the US sincerity."

The North has long said it needs nuclear weapons to protect itself against a US invasion. After giving up his atomic programme, Libyan leader Moamer Khadafi was killed in an uprising backed by NATO bombing.

Minister Kim also dismissed offers by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo -- who has visited Pyongyang twice in recent weeks, coming back the second time with three released US detainees - for US economic aid if the North denuclearises.

"We have never had any expectation of US support in carrying out our economic construction and will not at all make such a deal in future," Kim said.

- Tightrope diplomacy -

In recent weeks, as well as an eye-catching summit with the South's leader last month in the Demilitarized Zone, Kim has twice met Chinese President Xi Jinping and Pyongyang has announced it will destroy its nuclear testing site next week.

Analysts said Pyongyang was now trying to redefine the terms of the debate.

"It's a diplomatic tactic," Kim Hyun-wook, professor at the Korea National Diplomatic Academy, told AFP, calling it "brinkmanship to change the US position".

"It looks like Kim Jong Un was pushed into accepting US demands for 'denuclearisation-first' but is now trying to change its position after normalising North Korea-China relations and securing economic assistance," he added.

"The classic North Korean tightrope diplomacy between the US and China has begun."

US officials have repeatedly claimed credit for Washington's "maximum pressure" policy for bringing Pyongyang to the negotiating table.

Joshua Pollack of the Middlebury Institute for International Studies said Pyongyang had been irritated by the "triumphalist tone".

"The North Koreans aren't happy with what they're seeing and hearing," he said. "There is still a yawning gulf between expectations for diplomacy in Pyongyang and Washington, DC."

- Thunderstruck -

Earlier KCNA denounced the Max Thunder joint military exercises being held between the US and South Korea as a "rude and wicked provocation", and Seoul said it had received a message cancelling planned high-level talks "indefinitely".

The two-week drills started last Friday and involves some 100 aircraft from the two allies, including F-22 stealth fighter jets.

Pyongyang's move was "regrettable", said unification ministry spokesman Baik Tae-hyun, adding it "contradicts the fundamental spirit and purpose of the Panmunjom Declaration".

Hostilities in the 1950-53 Korean War stopped with a ceasefire, leaving the two halves of the peninsula divided by the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) and still technically at war.

The North has spent decades developing its atomic arsenal and missiles capable of reaching the US, earning itself multiple rounds of UN Security Council resolutions, while Trump and Kim traded personal insults and threats of war last year.

Relations underwent a sudden turnaround as Moon used February's Winter Olympics in the South to broker talks between Washington and Pyongyang.

Washington said it will continue to plan the meeting in Singapore on June 12, with State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert telling reporters it had received "no notification" of a position change by North Korea.

The exercises were "not provocative" and would continue, she added.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/nor...ocid=spartanntp
You just can't trust Kim Jung Un. North Korea can't be trusted..

http://www.latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-north-korea-south-meeting-20180515-story.html

If Trump pulls this off, he'll probably deserve the Nobel...,

But I do have my doubts... Like I said, Un can't be trusted to keep any deal he agrees to. For that matter, neither can Trump
Actually this isn't an unusual tactic by North Korea.

Just as President Trump pushes things to the limit in order to get people talking and negotiating, NK has always pulled the "Everything is Off card."

I remember reading of how negotiations were going well during the Korean War peace talks. The sides were to sit down in a meeting to discuss ending the war when NK walked in they said, Oh no, this will never do! The table must be square not round and out they walked!

Back to war we went.
You know 40, this is one thing that I think almost all of us are hoping Trump could pull off. I've been negative about the Nobel talk, but not on him getting this deal done. Obviously if he does get it done he should get the Nobel.

I can't imagine the admin didn't see this coming and make contingencies. And I think Bolton caused this over the weekend, more so than KJU repeating the past. I would balk if I was NK and heard Bolton talking about Syrian type denuclearization in NK first. Poor move when the admin has been pitching a denuclearized peninsula.
You know 40, this is one thing that I think almost all of us are hoping Trump could pull off. I've been negative about the Nobel talk, but not on him getting this deal done. Obviously if he does get it done he should get the Nobel.

I can't imagine the admin didn't see this coming and make contingencies. And I think Bolton caused this over the weekend, more so than KJU repeating the past. I would balk if I was NK and heard Bolton talking about Syrian type denuclearization in NK first. Poor move when the admin has been pitching a denuclearized peninsula.

The Administration did see the possibility of this coming and stayed the course of giving up nothing, keeping the sanctions on and staying on military alert. Maximum Pressure on NK continues.

Just as President Trump pushes things to the limit in order to get people talking and negotiating, NK has always pulled the "Everything is Off card."

I remember reading of how negotiations were going well during the Korean War peace talks. The sides were to sit down in a meeting to discuss ending the war when NK walked in they said, Oh no, this will never do! The table must be square not round and out they walked!

Back to war we went.

I hadn't heard that story,,, but I'll take your word for it. What I have seen over the years is that NK just can't be trusted... Period.
I hope Trump gets this done but it ain't looking good right now.

Lil Kim has Mr. Twitter over a barrel. He knows if Trump doesn't get this summit, Trump's Murica will have egg on it's face.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

Lil Kim has Mr. Twitter over a barrel. He knows if Trump doesn't get this summit, Trump's Murica will have egg on it's face.

We can then scrape the egg off and serve a nice brunch to those 3 hostages we got back.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral

I don't think so. NK has pulled this many times and went back to being itself. Trump will look bad for about half a second unless the admin does something to blow it out of proportion. If this fails it's a blip on histories radar, if Trump pulls it off then he makes history in a huge way. Seems like a good risk for Trump as long as they don't do anything stupid.
Originally Posted By: Damanshot

Back to war we went.

I hadn't heard that story,,, but I'll take your word for it. What I have seen over the years is that NK just can't be trusted... Period.

40 was obviously making a joke.
Originally Posted By: Vambo

That's a joke. If china wanted to eliminate this buffer country (NK) between the free world and China they would have done so years ago. They need NK to do their dirty deeds.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/17/18 06:52 PM
Trump clearly doesn’t understand his own national security adviser’s reference to Libya as a model for North Korea. Bolton was talking about the negotiated removal of Libya’s nuclear program in 2003, not the international military intervention in 2011.

He can't even stay out of his own way.
Trump clearly doesn’t understand his own national security adviser’s reference to Libya as a model for North Korea. Bolton was talking about the negotiated removal of Libya’s nuclear program in 2003, not the international military intervention in 2011.

What does Trump understand beyond "I'm Trump!"?

I hope you aren't insulting Groot with that reference.. Groot is cool.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN

I hope you aren't insulting Groot with that reference.. Groot is cool.

Groot is wood. Wood is not as dense as Trump.

Groot is cool too, and likable which Trump isn't.
The recent setback in negotiations happened because Bolton mentioned we are following the Libya model.

This scared Kim because he doesn't want to end up like Moammar Gaddafi and Libya.

Now we will see if President Trump can still save the summit and denuclearize NK.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/18/18 02:26 PM
Now we will see if President Trump can still save the summit and denuclearize NK.

Can the man who just learned 3 weeks ago that there would have to be negotiations pull it off?

Can the man pull it off?

I will double check with the Japanese who no longer have missiles flying overhead.
I will ask the 3 hostages who are now home with their families.

But yes, I do think Trump got this. thumbsup
45* has always enjoyed presiding over 'a house divided against itself.' He's always run his businesses that way, and the turnover rate in the WH suggests he's running 1600 in similar fashion. [why do you think there are so many leaks?]

There is already a trickle of info that suggests a divergence of philosophy between Bolton and Pompeo.

I smell yet another internal power struggle that will further cloud the waters before clarity and unanimity of purpose may be found. Not exactly the ideal setting for a team approach to diplomatic negotiations, ya think?

I hate the way this admin lurches from one murked-up headline to another. Truly the 'Anti (no drama) Obama' that all his fans asked for.

Great job, guys.
thumbsup
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/18/18 03:16 PM

You also thought North Korea had nuclear weapons up until a week or two ago.

You also thought North Korea had nuclear weapons up until a week or two ago.

North Korea tested another nuke. How big was it?

The Washington Post
Updated Sept. 14, 2017
North Korea’s nuclear capability is growing, apparently very quickly. Evidence indicated that the device detonated underground on Sept. 3 may have been up to 12 times more powerful than anything the country had previously tested. Original intelligence estimated the device’s yield at 100 kilotons, but later satellite image analysis suggested a much larger explosion. The regime claimed it was a hydrogen bomb that would fit in a missile capable of reaching the mainland United States.

It was North Korea’s sixth nuclear test, the third in two years, and the first since President Trump took office. North Korea in July tested an intercontinental ballistic missile believed to be capable of traveling thousands of miles. The nation has conducted 18 missile tests this year.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/
The recent setback in negotiations happened because Bolton mentioned we are following the Libya model.

This scared Kim because he doesn't want to end up like Moammar Gaddafi and Libya.

\

Excuses... sorry, but the buck stops at trump... he hired that war-mongering numb-nut...

No one to blame but the top bubblehead in charge... God help us...
[quote=40YEARSWAITING] God help us...

In Donald we Trust ... thumbsup

Well that's not our fault. When you trust in liars don't be surprised at the outcome.

Well that's not our fault. When you trust in liars don't be surprised at the outcome.

Gee, thanks for that advice ..... i never realizes that ... rofl ...

Anyone in our gov’t suprises me when they tell the truth ... i don’t get suprised often and thats a shame ...
It's just that this time it happens so often and it's so obvious you'd have to be blind not to see it happening day in and day out. It's been taken to a whole new level. It's quite sad how so many actually support that type of thing.
Posted By: mac Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 01:58 PM
Might want to put a hold on that Nobel Peace Prize...Trump pulled out.
Originally Posted By: mac

Yup, he signed a letter about canceling the summit. I guess I'm not really surprised..
LMFAO

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Um er um er, BRILLIANT! It's a negotiation posture... you will see grasshoppers. Blah Blah blah

LMFAO
Well they say, some people say Trump should get a Nobel. But Trump just wants to see a deal get done for America and the world! (unless KJU calls Pence a tool)
Kim turned from wanting to negotiate and went with anger and insults. Trump is right to cancel. Kim is not sincere in wanting a solution.

On the other hand, Kim didn't cancel and is currently blowing up his Nuke facilities like he said he would.

I think this negotiation is continuing as Kim does the typical NK thing of Promise and then pull back, promise and pull back.

I don't think this is over and we may see a reschedule of the meeting in the future.

Time will tell.
Get back to me when he lies about keeping my doctor or my premiums will be lower or Benghazi was because of an online video ...

O lied his ass off about actual serious stuff ...

Last words are yours ... not wasting no more of my time on your houlier than thou butt ....
Posted By: mac Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 02:06 PM
Daman...probably best for all concerned.
Yes you should run away fast...
Its a shame ... thumbsdown

but it was the right thing to do IMO ...

lets see how it plays out ...
Trump did end the letter with, "If you change your mind, call or write me."

This isn't dead until Kim wants it dead.

Sad that it is not going to happen and we will probably end up at war there. BUT it's just another in a very very very long line of Trump failures.

Sad that it is not going to happen and we will probably end up at war there. BUT it's just another in a very very very long line of Trump failures.

The three freed hostages are laughing at your statement. rofl
I know, you were so worried about those three guys. Without googling it, can you tell me just one of their names?

The three freed hostages are laughing at your statement. rofl

I’m pretty sure there boarding a flight back to NK now just to accommodate OCD’s TDS ... rofl ....
i see the spin zone is in full effect. 40 and Diam playing damage control, right on queue.
MAGA - McDonalds And Golf Again.
Bro, these sheep are bah-bahing for big daddy and he has them standing in his boots. wink
pulled out of the paris climate accord
pulled out of the TPP
pulled out of the iranian nuclear agreement
pulled out of the NK summit

how come his pull out game wasnt that strong when he had 3 different baby mamas?
i see the spin zone is in full effect. 40 and Diam playing damage control, right on queue.

I am witnessing you, OCD and others rooting for NK and China against America all because of your hate for Trump.

Laugh at our Nation as you please, your Right to do so is protected.

I am witnessing you, OCD and others rooting for NK and China against America all because of your hate for Trump.

FAKE NEWS! LIES!

You are seeing us laugh at you and Trump because of YOUR rhetoric!
Just heard Trump did this while US journalists are in NK to witness the destruction of their nuke testing facility! And then thanked them in his letter for releasing the "hostages" (nk called them prisoners)... Trump is dangerous and these reporters will be lucky to get out.

Fake news. OCD and I were actively rooting for trump to pull this off.
Here, from the China thread, is you laughing with joy at America as the trade deal takes a turn.

-------------------------------------------

"Trump calls for new tariffs on imported cars and trucks, escalating trade wars.

lolololololol"

------------------------------------------
lol at America and her workers as you please, your Right to do so has been bought and paid for in blood.
And yet that isn’t remotely proof of your ridiculous claim that we rooted for NK and China over trump.

The more you post, the worse you look. You are wrong. Admit to it and move on.
Kim turned from wanting to negotiate and went with anger and insults. Trump is right to cancel. Kim is not sincere in wanting a solution.

On the other hand, Kim didn't cancel and is currently blowing up his Nuke facilities like he said he would.

I think this negotiation is continuing as Kim does the typical NK thing of Promise and then pull back, promise and pull back.

I don't think this is over and we may see a reschedule of the meeting in the future.

Time will tell.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg.. Pence went off on NK saying we'd treat them like Libya

That's not what Stormy said.
3 hostages being released is now spin ... rofl ...
Watching Trump speak from the WH on this. Pence looks like he is seething mad and feeling fuzzy about Trump sticking up for him.

Lot's of nuclear threats from both sides here. Fun times! Thanks Trumpians.
3 hostages being released is now spin ... rofl ...

Were they hostages? Would you call the detainees in GITMO Prison hostages? You've been watching Fox News again...

You are making fun of somebody putting spin on something and I'd give good odds you don't see the irony or hypocrisy in that.
Wow ... this is worse than the words reproduction meaning ending life .... rofl ...

May god bless u dude .. thumbsup
My cup is overflowing with Liberal Tears for Terrorists and the MS13 butchers.

Shame!

Pence went off on NK saying we'd treat them like Libya

Remind me what happened in Libya ... did it have a happy ending for everyone?

It's great that Trump got 3 Americans released. Don't underplay that .... but the rest of this is a total cluster f.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 05:32 PM
My cup is overflowing with Liberal Tears for Terrorists and the MS13 butchers.

Shame!

I thought it was cool how that tough old general told them to stuff it when they sentenced him to 20 years.

He proudly proclaimed he was no war criminal and drank the poison right in front of their sissy arses.

They are probably still fainting in their sissy lives.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 05:35 PM
Here, from the China thread, is you laughing with joy at America as the trade deal takes a turn.

-------------------------------------------

"Trump calls for new tariffs on imported cars and trucks, escalating trade wars.

lolololololol"

------------------------------------------
lol at America and her workers as you please, your Right to do so has been bought and paid for in blood.

Pointing out that Trump is an impulsive idiot who doesn't understand the basics of international trade isn't rooting for or against specific outcomes.

Unlike you, some people don't view this stuff as a ball game to hoot at.
Originally Posted By: mgh888

Pence went off on NK saying we'd treat them like Libya

Remind me what happened in Libya ... did it have a happy ending for everyone?

It's great that Trump got 3 Americans released. Don't underplay that .... but the rest of this is a total cluster f.
How so? We are closer to ever before with having talks with NK. They fell apart, so far, yes. But we are back to where we were - and the door is still open for the talks. Was this a big step back - absolutely, but don't use your hate to push a false narrative. we are still light-years ahead of where we where Jan 1st, 2016, J/S
Congress reacts to Trump canceling North Korea summit: '100% the right decision'

-Some lawmakers cheer President Donald Trump's decision to cancel his summit with Kim Jong Un, while others worry about what he will do next.
-Members of Congress push Trump to keep up economic pressure on Pyongyang and continue to search for a peaceful solution.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/24/trump-ca...m-congress.html

America stand behind her President. thumbsup
Congress reacts to Trump canceling North Korea summit: '100% the right decision'

-Some lawmakers cheer President Donald Trump's decision to cancel his summit with Kim Jong Un, while others worry about what he will do next.
-Members of Congress push Trump to keep up economic pressure on Pyongyang and continue to search for a peaceful solution.

So if you go back through the thread, many said it was dumb to have this summit, Kim will not do anything anyway, etc. now those same are bashing him for cancelling it. lol
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 06:21 PM

So if you go back through the thread, many said it was dumb to have this summit, Kim will not do anything anyway, etc. now those same are bashing him for cancelling it. lol

I think it was less "it's dumb to have the summit" than "the summit could end up detrimental because Trump is a reactionary imbecile with a history flopping and getting duped".
To me, this further proves that we will be following South Korea's lead on this
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 06:38 PM
To me, this further proves that we will be following South Korea's lead on this

I mean, that's been the case all along. The regime change opened the door for this. Having an oblivious guy like Trump who only cares about media attitudes and accolades, could either help or hinder the situation.

That's not what Stormy said.

It is sad when you can pull out on negotiations with N. Korea but can't pull out on a porn star.
So now you agree with what Obama did. GREAT!
So now you agree with what Obama did. GREAT!
care to elaborate?
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/09/politics/north-korea-trump-obama-bush-clinton/index.html

Clinton, Bush and Obama refused meeting with N. Korean leaders.

I don't really fault Trump for not meeting with them. They're certainly not trustworthy and as to whether they were ever truly sincere about actual negotiations is something I highly doubt.

But three previous administrations have declined meeting with them. Possibly more that I'm unaware of.
The summit probably never had a chance.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/south-korea-responds-trump-apos-144932018.html

South Korea was at a loss for words Thursday after President Donald Trump’s announcement that he was scrapping next month’s planned nuclear summit with North Korea.

“We are attempting to make sense of what, precisely, President Trump means,” South Korean presidential spokesman Kim Eui-kyeom said in a statement.

South Korean President Moon Jae-In urged both Trump and Kim to hold direct talks, South Korea’s Yonhap News Agency reported.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, testifying on Capitol Hill, wouldn’t comment on whether Trump’s letter blindsided the South Koreans.

The summit’s fate was thrown into question after North Korea backed away from the Trump administration’s demands to fully denuclearize. Trump then appeared to soften the demand, hinting first that he was flexible, but then saying there would be no meeting without full denuclearization.

Trump’s national security adviser John Bolton and Vice President Mike Pence sparked further North Korean outrage with comments comparing North Korea with Libya.

Just hours before Trump pulled the trigger to cancel the meeting, North Korean officials called Pence a “political dummy” and threatened to pull out of the summit themselves.

“Sadly, based on the tremendous anger and open hostility displayed in your most recent statement, I feel it is inappropriate, at this time, to have this long-planned meeting,” Trump wrote in a letter to Kim shared with reporters on Thursday.

I literally just said the same thing to my brother ...

There hatred is so blinding its really sad and pathetic ...

I can smell their hate like Trump smells their fear.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 08:00 PM
Quote:

This is almost as funny as "Trump would've run into Parkland unarmed because he has the heart of a lion".

The odds are higher than zero that 40 has a Trump action figure he plays with while making noises, like a child with a He-Man toy.
Not me. As I stated now he's doing the same thing the previous three presidents did by not meeting with N. Korea. I don't blame him for that.

Of course when Obama did the exact same thing some of you said you were glad that Obama didn't meet with N. Korea and some even suggested a Nobel Prize for trump before the meeting ever happened.

Funny how your side sounded just as silly.
I wanted Un to meet with Trump too.
Not me. As I stated now he's doing the same thing the previous three presidents did by not meeting with N. Korea. I don't blame him for that.

Of course when Obama did the exact same thing some of you said you were glad that Obama didn't meet with N. Korea and some even suggested a Nobel Prize for trump before the meeting ever happened.

Funny how your side sounded just as silly.

Its nice u preclude yourself from a side and then make me defend mine ... rofl ... nice job Saul ...

I believe Trump is a way better negotiator ... and its been PROVEN OUT ALL READY ..

Iran deal we paid 1.7 BILLION for our hostages ... NK we paid ZERO ...

U need anynmore reasons why I (not my side .. ME) didn’t want O negotiating with NK but am OK with Mr. President negotiating with them or anyone else for that matter ..

U happy with the Iran deal ... u know the one where we said SIGN HERE and u get EVERYTHING and we’ll “trust” U to live up to the terms of the deal we allowed u to rape us on at every turn ...
2 of those hostages were captured while trump was in office.

While it’s great he got them out.....that doesn’t soften the epic fail that just happened all that much.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/24/18 10:29 PM
They went from Nobel Prize to "what about the hostages?" in like a week.

Jesse Jackson gets political prisoners released like once every 4-5 years. It's a good thing, but it's not exactly cunning diplomacy. It precedes just about every negotiation.
Well Kim, its been fun...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=forqmom3YuY&index=1&list=RDMMforqmom3YuY
North Korea DESPERATE to save Trump summit - pledges 'WILLING to resolve issues’

NORTH Korea has insisted it is “willing to resolve issues” with Donald Trump following the US’s decision to pull out of the highly anticipated Singapore summit next month.

By Joseph Carey
PUBLISHED: 00:58, Fri, May 25, 2018 | UPDATED: 00:58, Fri, May 25, 2018

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/964...ingapore-summit

Kim Jong Un 'Must Be Having a Giggle Fit': Pelosi, Dems Mock Trump for Pulling Out of Summit

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/24/na...th-korea-summit

Once again I smell hate.

Kim Jong Un 'Must Be Having a Giggle Fit': Pelosi, Dems Mock Trump for Pulling Out of Summit

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/05/24/na...th-korea-summit

Once again I smell hate.

Smell hate .... its oozing out of every pore in their bodies ...
Did you see what the SKs said?

They pretty much got blindsided by trumps decision to pull out.

Side note, now that trump has nothing to do in June, he has plenty of time for a sit down meeting with The mueller team. That was guiliani’s excuse after all.
I don't know why SK would feel blindsided when Kim's people didn't show up for their last 2 meetings and Kim started throwing insults at America again.

Probably because they didn’t expect the US to be the ones to pull out of the summit first.

And no, that isn’t a good thing.
Probably because they didn’t expect the US to be the ones to pull out of the summit first.

And no, that isn’t a good thing.

Trump pulling us out is the right thing to do.
NK is buried under sanctions.
He needs us if he wants peace.
We on the other hand, have options.
NK has been buried under sanctions for years. Just stop it already. We already caught China and Russia assisting NK red handed, and nothing was done about it.

Trump bragging about nukes he won’t use is the epitome of stupid, especially coming from the US of all people. Bragging about our perceived power is something weak countries do. That’s something countries with weak militaries do.

Like NK and Russia.

Trump pulling us out of the summit isn’t the right thing to do. All it did was provide further evidence that the US has no intention of honoring its agreements. Our reputation with our allies under trump has tanked, and continues to tank.

Everyone around the world is already calling this another US embarrassment. The only people defending trump is...well, his cult supporters.

Basically people who don’t understand much of anything outside of the US. Hell, I could make the argument you don’t even understand how the US works. Trump certainly doesn’t, yet he’s convinced 60 million people that he actually knows what he’s doing.
Tell you what. You keep flapping your gums while I watch Kim return to the negotiating table.

Trump got this. thumbsup
NK has been buried under sanctions for years. Just stop it already. We already caught China and Russia assisting NK red handed, and nothing was done about it.

Trump bragging about nukes he won’t use is the epitome of stupid, especially coming from the US of all people. Bragging about our perceived power is something weak countries do. That’s something countries with weak militaries do.

Like NK and Russia.

Trump pulling us out of the summit isn’t the right thing to do. All it did was provide further evidence that the US has no intention of honoring its agreements. Our reputation with our allies under trump has tanked, and continues to tank.

Everyone around the world is already calling this another US embarrassment. The only people defending trump is...well, his cult supporters.

Basically people who don’t understand much of anything outside of the US. Hell, I could make the argument you don’t even understand how the US works. Trump certainly doesn’t, yet he’s convinced 60 million people that he actually knows what he’s doing.

Bro... Trump is that bully that is finally the toughest bully around. Dude is sick in the head. You are spot on about his boasting of US strength. We are the world's only superpower but he doesn't realize everyone else knows that.
Trump’s Gamble Hits Reality Check in North Korea Negotiations

Link

A very good read...
Well fellas, seems Kim is willing to talk again as he tones down his rhetoric...

"Very good news to receive the warm and productive statement from North Korea. We will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!"

-President of the United States of America
Donald Trump

So keep flapping your gums. rofl

Trump got this! thumbsup

Butt kissing is pretty heavy as well...

Iran deal we paid 1.7 BILLION for our hostages ... NK we paid ZERO ...

I don't know why you insist on telling this lie. You aren't a very good liar Diam.

It was 400 million dollars which Iran had paid us for fighter jets that we never ended up delivering. We OWED them that money!

But Trump said.....

lmao

Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million

http://time.com/4441046/400-million-iran-hostage-history/

1+1 much?
Well fellas, seems Kim is willing to talk again as he tones down his rhetoric...

"Very good news to receive the warm and productive statement from North Korea. We will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!"

Donald Trump

Trump got this! thumbsup

Now there is talk that Kim would like to still do the June 12th Summit.

America + Trump = thumbsup
Your math is flawed.

Donald Trump

Trump got this! thumbsup

U gotta remember bro ... it takes two too negotiate and Mr. President won’t allow whacko to push us around like O allowed Iran too ...

There’s always been a real good chance this would not happen ... it still may at some point but i don’t see it cause Mr. President will want complete de-nuking and real time inspections ... none of this we need permission from China and Russia and have to wait 24 days BS .. and i dont know if Un is willing to do that ...

One things for sure ....

Mr. PRESIDENTS GOT THIS one way or the other ... thumbsup
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 02:55 PM

Donald Trump

Trump got this! thumbsup

U gotta remember bro ... it takes two too negotiate and Mr. President won’t allow whacko to push us around like O allowed Iran too ...

There’s always been a real good chance this would not happen ... it still may at some point but i don’t see it cause Mr. President will want complete de-nuking and real time inspections ... none of this we need permission from China and Russia and have to wait 24 days BS .. and i dont know if Un is willing to do that ...

One things for sure ....

Mr. PRESIDENTS GOT THIS one way or the other ... thumbsup

He's gotten pushed around in every international negotiation because he's a doddering old fool who barely understands what's going on around him and can be bowled over by a compliment.

Remember when he spent a year and a half denouncing Saudi Arabia for carrying out 9/11 and vowing never to deal with them? And then they invited him over and threw him a party and he slipped in their back pocket?

Every leader in the world is dying to get a crack at this guy because they know if you compliment his tie, he's putty in your hands. The same was the case in his real estate dealings. Where on earth do you guys get this absurd notion that he's tough or shrewd?

Donald Trump

Trump got this! thumbsup

Looks to me, like Kim was trying to use the military exercise and statements made as an excuse to cancel as bargaining chip.

Trump wasn't going to let that happen, so he said "No worries, you need us more than we need you, meeting is cancelled"

Now Kim is backtracking, because he figured the mere threat of cancelling the talks would have had the admin scurrying to succeed some leverage in order to save the meeting.

By cancelling himself, trump pulled the rug out from Kim. Still more to come, but this is how I am seeing it.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 03:13 PM

Donald Trump

Trump got this! thumbsup

Looks to me, like Kim was trying to use the military exercise and statements made as an excuse to cancel as bargaining chip.

Trump wasn't going to let that happen, so he said "No worries, you need us more than we need you, meeting is cancelled"

Now Kim is backtracking, because he figured the mere threat of cancelling the talks would have had the admin scurrying to succeed some leverage in order to save the meeting.

By cancelling himself, trump pulled the rug out from Kim. Still more to come, but this is how I am seeing it.

The delusions are mind boggling.

Time after time, it's some version of "ah, see, I think Trump is using *this* tactic", and time after time it turns out that Trump had no idea what was going on the entire time, and was merely being reactionary. It's quickly dismissed with an "ah, nevertheless", and it's onto the next delusion.

Remember the last time you guys painted it as some brilliant and shrewd strategy, and then Trump got all mad at Chuck Todd and revealed that he didn't know there would have to be negotiations or concessions?

Also, Trump canceled the talks for the same reason he said that Steph Curry wouldn't be invited to the White House after Steph Curry said he wouldn't go to the White House.
Can u do me a favor will ... three letter dude replied to me above ... i don’t read him ... any chance u can go read it and give me the cliff note version ... rofl ...

Thanks bro ... thumbsup
Can u do me a favor will ... three letter dude replied to me above ... i don’t read him ... any chance u can go read it and give me the cliff note version ... rofl ...

Thanks bro ... thumbsup
haha, I was gonna ask you that. I have read a single post three letter dude has made in about a month.
All you have to do is take him off ignore instead of asking for favors.

Thanks bro ... thumbsup
haha, I was gonna ask you that. I have read a single post three letter dude has made in about a month.

Smart man ... he replied to u right after he replied to me ... *L*

Lets make a deal ... i’ll read his response to U and sum it up for u ... u read what he posted in reply to me .... oh wait ... nevermind .... STUPID IDEA ... *LOL* ..
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 03:26 PM

Thanks bro ... thumbsup

"I don't waste my time reading him, could you please read it for me and tell me what he said".

Thanks bro ... thumbsup

Lets make a deal ... i’ll read his response to U and sum it up for u ... u read what he posted in reply to me .... oh wait ... nevermind .... STUPID IDEA ... *LOL* ..
without looking, I would guess it went something like....

"senile, old, blabbering, added insult, added insult, added insult.....quote something said 6 years ago that has no correlation to the topic at all, bring up brady Quinn, call someone racist. "
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 03:31 PM
All you have to do is take him off ignore instead of asking for favors.

It reminds me of when my grandfather used to make a big show over crowing about how the Browns were gonna blow it, so he wasn't going to waste his time watching them, and then would periodically ask what the score was or how Bernie was doing while hovering around more and more before settling in to watch the 4th quarter.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 03:33 PM

Thanks bro ... thumbsup

"senile, old, blabbering, added insult, added insult, added insult.....quote something said 6 years ago that has no correlation to the topic at all, bring up brady Quinn, call someone racist. "

...and they're still talking about me in an effort to show how little they pay attention to me.
Ironic isn't it? lmao
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 03:37 PM
I like that they keep calling me "three letter dude" like I'm some kind of boogeyman who can't be named.
Ironic isn't it? lmao

It’s like rain on your wedding day
A free ride when you already paid
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 04:11 PM
I don't read Swish's posts, because I couldn't care less what Swish has to say. So could one of you please read Swish's post and tell me what he said?
I often wonder why they’re so scared to actually engage with you.

Obviously the Triggersaurus didn’t die off with the other dinosaurs.

Butt kissing is pretty heavy as well...

Butt Kissing? Oops, from my point of view they were on the other side of the torso... Guess I need to get my eyes checked again. wink

Thanks bro ... thumbsup

rofl ...

That was good ... thanks for the laugh ... enjoy your weekend bro ... thumbsup
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 09:00 PM

Thanks bro ... thumbsup

rofl ...

That was good ... thanks for the laugh ... enjoy your weekend bro ... thumbsup

This is now the sixth post where they discuss me in an effort to show how little attention they pay to me.
That’s what salty ex GF’s do.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 09:08 PM
They're in the "I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing" phase of being Mad Online.
I wonder if they actually have you on ignore or not.
That’s what salty ex GF’s do.

They do look like salty ex gfs.

Hahaha
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 09:23 PM
I wonder if they actually have you on ignore or not.

Usually when one is ignoring someone, they tend not to have long discussions about how much they're ignoring that person.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/25/18 11:21 PM
They're in the "I'm not mad, I'm actually laughing" phase of being Mad Online.

Speaking of "not mad, actually laughing"...

Quote:
Funny to watch the Democrats criticize Trade Deals being negotiated by me when they don’t even know what the deals are and when for 8 years the Obama Administration did NOTHING on trade except let other countries rip off the United States. Lost almost $800 Billion/year under “O”
Trump continues to be the source of fake news.

Donald Trump Claims News Source “Doesn’t Exist”, Surprising Witnesses

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/donald-trump-claims-news-source-183256235.html

According to President Donald Trump, Matt Pottinger doesn’t exist. Which might come as news to Matt Pottinger.

In a morning tweet that was quickly debunked by reporters – and even a former colleague of Pottinger – Trump wrote today, “The Failing @nytimes quotes ‘a senior White House official,’ who doesn’t exist, as saying ‘even if the meeting were reinstated, holding it on June 12 would be impossible, given the lack of time and the amount of planning needed.’ WRONG AGAIN! Use real people, not phony sources.”

Trump was referring to a Page 1 story in today’s New York Times about the possibility of a meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un. Wrote the Times: “Twenty-four hours after announcing that he was calling off the meeting in a letter to Mr. Kim, the North’s leader, Mr. Trump told reporters that he and Mr. Kim might yet meet in Singapore on June 12.”

The Times story went on to say, as Trump correctly noted later, that “a senior White House official” told reporters on Thursday that a June 12 meeting would be “impossible.”
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 05/27/18 02:06 AM
I think Trump's head is so in the clouds that he genuinely sees the NK situation like 40 and Diam and the rest do - like some kind of strategy showdown. He has no clue into any details or particulars; it's nothing more than a zero sum showdown.

To him, it was "phony" based on the sole fact that in his mind, everything happens if and when he says it happens.
Trump says June 12 summit with Kim Jong Un is back on

President Donald Trump said Friday he will meet with Kim Jong Un in Singapore later this month after all, ending more than a week of uncertainty about whether direct denuclearization talks would go on.

Key North Korean official Kim Yong Chol — who is sanctioned over the 2014 Sony cyberattack — talked to Trump in the Oval Office for more than an hour on Friday and delivered a letter from the North Korean leader. In the letter, Kim was expected to show interest in meeting with Trump, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Trump told reporters he does not expect the first summit — which got rescheduled after confusion, threats and then diplomacy — will lead to an agreement about Pyongyang dismantling its nuclear and missile programs. He said he sees a framework developing "over a period of time" and more than one meeting.
Good Luck Mr. President ...

thumbsup

thumbsup

It may take years to finish but it has to start somewhere.
Here, today will be fine to get things rolling. thumbsup

Beats the heck out of Nuclear War, don't she?

thumbsup

How disturbing that many Americans are thinking like this.

Guess how many Russians the Nazis killed after Hitler signed a "Non-Aggression" pact with Russia.

Here's a hint: It's between 7 and 2,000,000.

No Deal with North Korea.
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

thumbsup

Guess how many Russians the Nazis killed after Hitler signed a "Non-Aggression" pact with Russia.

I certainly hope you are wrong about this but I must say that Hitler was untouchable at the time while Rocket...err...Kim not so much.

Amen!
Now you have gone and spilled the beans on Plan-B. tsktsk

thumbsup

lol classic Nazi appologism from a self-fashioned Rommel. How's Africa going, Rocky? You also realize that the Nazis broke that non aggression pact, right?

thumbsup

lol classic Nazi appologism from a self-fashioned Rommel. How's Africa going, Rocky? You also realize that the Nazis broke that non aggression pact, right?

Uh, that is what Rocky was saying. They signed the pact and attacked anyway. Pay attention!
And history shows that the Nazis invaded the Soviets. Aren't you two a little old for history lessons?
Whoa. That is what we are saying to you.

Stay by the phone, dial 9-1 so you only gotta dial the 1 for help.
Ah, I see it now. My mistake.

You were confused but handing out history lessons and correcting the right is like expecting the sun to rise in the east in here, happens daily.

Ok, hang up the phone.

thumbsup

North Korea's top three military officials replaced, US official says

-North Korea's top three military officials have been removed from their posts, a senior U.S. official said.
-Trump on Friday revived the summit after canceling it a week earlier. The United States is seeking a negotiated end to North Korea's nuclear weapons program.
-U.S. officials believe there was some dissension in the military about Kim's approaches to South Korea and the United States.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/03/north-ko...icial-says.html

Looks like Kim is serious about negotiations and got rid of some of his hardest heads. thumbsup
Putin calls Trump 'brave and mature' for North Korea summit

-Russian President Vladimir Putin praised his counterpart in the U.S., saying that a decision by President Donald Trump to set up a meeting with North Korea is "brave and mature."

-Putin said he is expecting a "positive outcome" from the meeting between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, due to take place in Singapore on June 12.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/06/putin-calls-trump-brave-and-mature-for-north-korea-summit.html

Thank you uncle Putie thumbsup
Things are getting serious now with the NK Summit...

Dennis Rodman heading to Singapore amid historic Trump-Kim summit

"Thanks to my loyal sponsors from @potcoin and my team at @Prince_Mrketing , I will be flying to Singapore for the historical Summit. I'll give whatever support is needed to my friends, @realDonaldTrump and Marshall Kim Jong Un."

10:30 AM - Jun 8, 2018

-Dennis Rodman
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DfLQQsUXUAAWO-d.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/06/08/...kim-summit.html
Well it's really all about attitude. Being prepared and having a grasp of the facts means nothing. lol
Data, knowledge and information are overrated anyway.
Winners get by on 'feels.'

Ain't school never teached ya that'?
Quote:
Thank you uncle Putie

And there is is, folks. Patriotism on display.
God Bless Amerika
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg

The head guy wheels and deals, setting the agenda while his accountants, lawyers, negotiators, military leaders etc fill in the details with the other guys representatives over time.

Trying to do it all yourself is foolish.
Kinda like your posts on the subject.

The head guy wheels and deals, setting the agenda while his accountants, lawyers, negotiators, military leaders etc fill in the details with the other guys representatives over time.

You don't get to call anyone foolish.

A grown and real man being forced to wade through foolish children's bickering is a waste of time.
I didn't know anyone was forcing you to be here. Do you need someone to call 911 for you?
See?
Quote:
Thank you uncle Putie

And there is is, folks. Patriotism on display.
God Bless Amerika

As we alienate most of the rest of the world.. we are sucking up to Putin.. and those who would have been on the front lines hating communism the most decades ago think it's wonderful..

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world bro.. Craps turned straight upside down..

A grown and real man being forced to wade through foolish children's bickering is a waste of time.

Then you should probably stop following trump on twitter.
Twitter was crap till Trump came along and did for it what FDR did for radio. thumbsup

Twitter stock is through the roof!
Quote:
As we alienate most of the rest of the world..

What mean 'we,' Kemosabi?

I tell every one of my international friends that I'm blameless in all this. Then I show them posts on my phone written by 40cent and Diam.

Most of them are 'English as second language' American citizens.

When they read the former, they simply roll their eyes.
When they read the latter, they ask: "what language is this?"

Yep. Crazy is where we live now.
With any luck the present insanity is temporary.
Twitter was crap till Trump came along and did for it what FDR did for radio. thumbsup

You understand its for the same reason people slow down to look at a car crash right?
I compare this potential meeting, to that of one anikan skywalker, and that one emperor what’s his name

“I have a bad feeling about this”
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 06/09/18 07:00 PM

Twitter isn't going to exist in 10 years because it has no business model and no income.

"Just blurt out things that sound like they're maybe true and hope you don't get embarrassed" is both a 40 and Trump model.
Posted By: PDF Re: Kim and President Trump, North Korean Summit - 06/09/18 07:03 PM
Quote:
As we alienate most of the rest of the world..

What mean 'we,' Kemosabi?

I tell every one of my international friends that I'm blameless in all this. Then I show them posts on my phone written by 40cent and Diam.

Most of them are 'English as second language' American citizens.

When they read the former, they simply roll their eyes.
When they read the latter, they ask: "what language is this?"

Yep. Crazy is where we live now.
With any luck the present insanity is temporary.

The idea of "we" is so jingoistic and dumb.

Every time I've ever been in a foreign land and said I'm American, only idiots had a notion of what that meant before I spoke further.

thumbsup

President Trump says he will know in a New York Minute whether or not Kim is serious about changing.

He is willing to meet Kim out of hope that he is serious and to get this process started.

If not, we will be back to a war footing with maximum pressure applied. Kim will not be allowed to continue with his Nuclear threats.

Good luck indeed Mr.President thumbsup
Luck wouldn't be necessary if he'd do some prep beforehand. Nah- I'll just wing it at the table with a rogue nuclear state.

Hey, Trumpazz... haven't you heard the stereotype?

Asians actually study for the test.
Where was all the advice when Obama was screwing up with North Korea?

Trump got this. thumbsup
Resorting to 'whatabouts'... the last resort of those who got nothing. Just like the vapid toddler they hired for the world's most important job.

Trump got you. I doubt he got this.
Trump got this. thumbsup
Trump got Trade too. thumbsup
Trump got the Economy hummin'. thumbsup
Trump got the Market zoomin'. thumbsup
Trump got Tax Cuts in our pockets. thumbsup
Trump got Corporate and Public confidence at an all time high. thumbsup
Trump got unemployment at an all time low. thumbsup

The only vapid toddler I hear crying is... well you know.

Yep, Trump got this.
A long time ago, we used to have friends.
Smart people of good intentions.
People who looked to us for leadership.
People who had our backs.

Now, we are alone... and getting left behind- after 75 years of leading the entire free world.

This d00d is a mouth-breathing international embarrassment.
I take no blame for him whatsoever.
That's on you.

Quote:
The only vapid toddler I hear crying is...

A long time ago, we used to have friends.
Smart people of good intentions.
People who looked to us for leadership.
People who had our backs.

Now, we are alone... and getting left behind- after 75 years of leading the entire free world.

This d00d is a mouth-breathing international embarrassment.
I take no blame for him whatsoever.
That's on you.

Friends are real nice to have but family gotta come first...

AMERICA FIRST!
Watching the News I see Kim is out for a stroll with his 100 bodyguards while our President has 5 Secret Service Agents and a 9mm in his pocket.

thumbsup
That .9mm is why Melania sleeps at the other end of the hall.
Watching the News I see Kim is out for a stroll with his 100 bodyguards while our President has 5 Secret Service Agents and a 9mm in his pocket.

thumbsup

that's not a 9mm; its a belly buster sub
Originally Posted By: northlima dawg

thumbsup

that's not a 9mm; its a belly buster sub

Trump is his own man and can make his own choice but if it was me, I would have a Street Sweeper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiMQ981lph0
No worries though, Dennis Rodman has arrived for the Peace Talks now! thumbsup

These guys are meat for the worm.
Well we had to have someone there smarter than Trump if we expect to accomplish anything. Rodman will do.
Quote:
Well we had to have someone there smarter than Trump

We could have accomplished that by sending a soap dish, bowling ball or pair of worn-out sneakers.
President Trump says he has been preparing for this meeting all his life.

18 years ago he wrote something to the effect of...

"If I was at a summit with the North Koreans and they played their games, I would walk away from the summit and order an immediate attack on a single target, destroying it. Then I would return to the summit."

Stay tuned.
No deal with North Korea.

Anybody who thinks a substantive agreement can be reached with Kim Jong-un is insane and a threat to U.S. security.

Quote:
by 40 above:

"If I was at a summit with the North Koreans and they played their games, I would walk away from the summit and order an immediate attack on a single target, destroying it. Then I would return to the summit."

This first. No good commies.

"OK, let's talk."
Calm yourself Rocky, there will be plenty of time for that.
Not every stupid statement equals preparation. That quote you used is the perfect example as to why we have to have Rodman there.
So with Dennis Rodman there, Trump and Co. can't easily spread rumors or tell their typical lies to American citizens as usual.
In your mind, yes.
This country needs someone with enough guts to push the button without missing a bite of his corndog.

Mmmmmmm Corndogs.
Quote:

We could have accomplished that by sending a soap dish, bowling ball or pair of worn-out sneakers.

Poor analogy, Clem; those are all useful things...
Originally Posted By: bbrowns32
Quote:

Poor analogy, Clem; those are all useful things...

They could have sent Obama over if you were sending useless things!
You guys can call Trump "Stupid" all you want but so far he is working on fixing problems that all your "Smart" people failed at for 30 years or better.

I will sit back making money in Trump's Market while paying less in taxes and watch as President Trump does things his way.

The worst he can do is fail like your hero's did.

But oh, if he succeeds! thumbsup
Well as long as you're making money that's all that really counts in this world, right?

I mean the fact that Putin is sitting back watching all of our alliances falling apart and weakening us all in the process while he sits back and laughs means nothing.
Well as long as you're making money that's all that really counts in this world, right?

I mean the fact that Putin is sitting back watching all of our alliances falling apart and weakening us all in the process while he sits back and laughs means nothing.

Silly.

We are still friends with the allies and have our Military Doctrine in tact.
Sometimes friends disagree and our friends have been taking advantage of us for decades. Trump will fix this too.

Trump is not weak like Obama. Obama would kiss their arses but Trump is willing to kick them for the sake of the American worker.

You best stick with concrete. rolleyes
And you should stick with BS. It's pretty much all ya got at this point.

Silly.

We are still friends with the allies...not so much any longer, '40.

... our friends have been taking advantage of us for decades. Pure, unadulterated BS, '40. Canada has always (since 1812 anyway) had your back. Remember Iran in '79? The thousands of air travellers we took care of in the 9/11 tragedy, your closest friend and trading partner? Yet Trump comes up here and insults our country and Prime Minister? The backlash has already started, even within the Republican party. It's not going to be a nice ride...
Quote:
You guys can call Trump "Stupid" all you want but so far he is working on fixing problems that all your "Smart" people failed at for 30 years or better.

Yes, thank God he is fixing that big problem we had where other industrialized democratic nations used to like us and work with us...

Silly.

... our friends have been taking advantage of us for decades. Pure, unadulterated BS, '40. Canada has always (since 1812 anyway) had your back. Remember Iran in '79? The thousands of air travellers we took care of in the 9/11 tragedy, your closest friend and trading partner? Yet Trump comes up here and insults our country and Prime Minister? The backlash has already started, even within the Republican party. It's not going to be a nice ride...

Canada and the US have been friends and close allies since 1812, correct. We still are.
We currently have a disagreement on Trade.
We will work it out.

Your PM attacked Trump, thus the US, as he flew out to meet with North Korea. Your PM said you will not be pushed around by Trump, You must stand up to him, just as he is about to meet with our common, nuclear armed enemy. Bad message to send from the Western allies to Kim. Shows lack of unity and was a stab in the back from your weak leader. He could just as easily have waited a few days to gripe.
Not liking your president has nothing to do attacking the U.S.

If that were true you were attacking the U.S. from 2008 through 2016.
Quote:
Canada and the US have been friends and close allies since 1812, correct. We still are.
We will work it out.

Your PM attacked Trump, thus the US, as he flew out to meet with North Korea. Your PM said you will not be pushed around by Trump, You must stand up to him, just as he is about to meet with our common, nuclear armed enemy. Bad message to send from the Western allies to Kim. Shows lack of unity and was a stab in the back from your weak leader. He could just as easily have waited a few days to gripe.

We don't have a disagreement on trade.. Trump slapped them with a huge tariff out of nowhere... and they responded..

Not once in your endless kneeling before Trump have I EVER, EVER, EVER heard you suggest that maybe he should have waited for a better time to politically insult the crap out of some other world leader...

When your President has a disagreement with another Country over trade, military or any other reason that effect our Nation, taking the side of the other Country is wrong.

When your President has a disagreement with another Country over trade, military or any other reason that effect our Nation, taking the side of the other Country is wrong.

this is the same exact rhetoric nazi's used in the 1930's.
Quote:
We will work it out.

We don't have a disagreement on trade.. Trump slapped them with a huge tariff out of nowhere... and they responded..

Not once in your endless kneeling before Trump have I EVER, EVER, EVER heard you suggest that maybe he should have waited for a better time to politically insult the crap out of some other world leader...

They have a 210% tariff on our dairy products alone.
That has been a slap to the face of our farmers and taxpayers.
Stop supporting other Countries over our own.
Quote:
We will work it out.

They have a 210% tariff on our dairy products alone.
That has been a slap to the face of our farmers and taxpayers.
Stop supporting other Countries over our own.

They just hate Trump no matter what good he does.

Why am I not surprised to see you and the same group of people as always standing up for other Nations over our own.

Now you tell the world we are Nazi's.

This smells of Treason!

They don't like it when you point this out.
i think its been shown pretty clearly that you don't really know what you're talking about.

your rhetoric was also the same crap used against people who were against OIF, and look how that turned out.

Why am I not surprised to see you and the same group of people as always standing up for other Nations over our own.

This smells of Treason!

When all else fails and can't play the race card use the "Nazi" card.

We will work it out.

I will tell you why I think your PM did what he did.
He knows what is coming for Canada.

In the next 14 months, Canada is going to be making a Right turn politically. The Conservatives are going to retake power in your country and Justin Trudeau will find himself on the outside looking in.
This move was a desperation move to save his skin.

Canadians are sick and tired of Socialism and its anti business climate. They are taking Canada back, step by step by step.

This smells of Treason!

When all else fails and can't play the race card use the "Nazi" card.

How dare they compare our nationalism to the German's nationalism. Obviously, the German nationalism fails compared to our own.

Canada and the US have been friends and close allies since 1812, correct. We still are. Canada and the U.S. are still friends, but not so much with Washington.
We currently have a disagreement on Trade. I'd categorize it as a trade war, not a disagreement.
We will work it out. There is no other option.

Your PM attacked Trump, thus the US, as he flew out to meet with North Korea. He did NOT attack Trump, and anything he said, he's been saying it publicly for a short while now. Nothing new there...

Or the liar CARD hes good for one of those daily lol man that guy and others here are FULL of hate …..shameful
"Meetings between staffs and representatives are going well and quickly....but in the end, that doesn’t matter. We will all know soon whether or not a real deal, unlike those of the past, can happen!"

President of the United States of America
Donald Trump
"Meetings between staffs and representatives are going well and quickly....but in the end, that doesn’t matter. We will all know soon whether or not a real deal, unlike those of the past, can happen!"

President of the United States of America
Donald Trump

Quick is key for success. trump has the attention span of a gnat in a cloud of crack smoke.
Originally Posted By: PortlandDawg

a gnat in a cloud of crack smoke.

You stole that part from Trump as he just called Kim that.

a gnat in a cloud of crack smoke.

You stole that part from Trump as he just called Kim that.

#fakenews
trump couldn’t turn a phrase like that.
It’d sound more like this from trump...”Met with Kim. Great guy. Strong leader. Loved my tie. We’ll do great plans. Really great. Believe me. America will win bigly. “
jc

so i guess im the only one who cares about updates?

Trump and Kim just met. really good stuff, so lets all hope this goes well.
Nice to see the leaders of two Nations who were on hair trigger alert for nuclear war shaking hands and talking.

Good luck.

In order to get Kim to this summit...

Trump had to get China on board to make the sanctions work.
Needed to get Putin to stop sneaking stuff to NK.
Call Kim names in front of the UN to intimidate him.
Go to full military alert to take NK out, placing maximum pressure on Kim.
Place the sanctions on Kim to apply maximum economic pressure.

And finally have those Navy Seals place that bag of McDonalds next to Kim's bed as he slept and woke to find.

thumbsup
Check out Dennis Rodman on CNN having an emotional breakdown.

I think he is in a bit over his head with these Nuke talks. rofl
God Bless him, he walked into a friendship with a North Korean Tyrant and became a cog in the wheel of history. thumbsup

I will add, this is the first time in my life that I liked Rodman.
Unfortunately for trump, the only person getting a Nobel peace price if this goes down is Dennis Rodman.

He played a big part and laid diplomatic groundwork with NK. a basketball player.
Unfortunately for trump, the only person getting a Nobel peace price if this goes down is Dennis Rodman.

He played a big part and laid diplomatic groundwork with NK. a basketball player.

Also carried MJ for 6 championships.
5 minutes ago
The wait may feel like forever but it has only been 15 minutes. Like a much-anticipated reality TV show, momentum is slowly building. Pens and signing pads have been placed on the table. Behind the table and the flags, tall dark doors remain firmly shut
Likes0
SCMP

6 minutes ago
A senior South Korean official says North Korea’s human rights issues were not discussed in the summit today.
Likes0
SCMP

11 minutes ago
Cameramen are being told to take their positions. A long teak table with a row of flags of the US and North Korea has taken centrestage. But the two protagonists, Trump and Kim, are not yet in sight.
Likes0
SCMP

14 minutes ago
CNN, citing a US official, is reporting that Trump and Kim will sign an agreement to acknowledge the progress of the talks and pledge to keep momentum going.
Likes0
SCMP

17 minutes ago
Cameramen are being ushered back into a room. The signing of some type of agreement between Trump and Kim, the leaders of two countries still technically at war, will be taking place soon.
Likes0
SCMP

25 minutes ago
Through the french doors, it would appear Trump and Kim are coming together again into the same room.

Media are going into overdrive wondering what the signing will be about. One quipped: "Just hope it's not the guestbook."

Yet Obama shrugged him off.

Not quite accurate... Kim wanted to wait to deal with someone intellectually inferior... now he has him... and Xi advised him on this... and their thanking Putin for the overall design...

Not quite accurate... Kim wanted to wait to deal with someone intellectually inferior... now he has him... and Xi advised him on this... and their thanking Putin for the overall design...

Not what Rodman said in the video...your link please.
"Dennis Rodman doesn't agree with your facts. Would you please cite your sources" might be the funniest thing I read on this forum.

Not quite accurate... Kim wanted to wait to deal with someone intellectually inferior... now he has him... and Xi advised him on this... and they're thanking Putin for the overall design...

You kneel at the feet of a known daily liar, support him blindly without reservation or question... and you ask me for a link... precious...

Not quite accurate... Kim wanted to wait to deal with someone intellectually inferior... now he has him... and Xi advised him on this... and they're thanking Putin for the overall design...

You kneel at the feet of a known daily liar, support him blindly without reservation or question... and you ask me for a link... precious...

I don't like Obama...yes link please.
"Dennis Rodman doesn't agree with your facts. Would you please cite your sources" might be the funniest thing I read on this forum.

So much for Rodmans Nobel peace prize. rolleyes

United States President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un on Tuesday addressed a joint press conference after the second round of talks between them, where both leaders talked about better relations between two countries post the summit. While addressing the media, Trump also mentioned a ‘Comprehensive document’ that the two leaders have signed, “we are signing a very important document”. Even Kim talked about the document saying “We had a historic meeting and have signed a very important document”. Not revealing anything about the document, Trump also said that “We have found a solution to a very severe problem”. On questioning Trump if the two leaders would meet again, he said “We’ll meet again & we'll met many times”. He also said that he would like to invite Kim to the White House. While concluding the press briefing, North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un said that the “We have decided to let go off the past and now world will see a major change”.

So much for Rodmans Nobel peace prize. rolleyes

Maybe Kissinger can accept it on his behalf.
J/C

The following is the text of a joint statement signed by President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un at the Singapore Summit on June 12, 2018.

President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) held a first, historic summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018.

President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un conducted a comprehensive, in-depth, and sincere exchange of opinions on the issues related to the establishment of new U.S.–DPRK relations and the building of a lasting and robust peace regime on the Korean Peninsula. President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.

Convinced that the establishment of new U.S.–DPRK relations will contribute to the peace and prosperity of the Korean Peninsula and of the world, and recognizing that mutual confidence building can promote the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un state the following:
1.The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new U.S.–DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
2.The United States and the DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
3.Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.
4.The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Having acknowledged that the U.S.–DPRK summit—the first in history—was an epochal event of great significance in overcoming decades of tensions and hostilities between the two countries and for the opening up of a new future, President Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un commit to implement the stipulations in this joint statement fully and expeditiously. The United States and the DPRK commit to hold follow-on negotiations, led by the U.S. Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, and a relevant high-level DPRK official, at the earliest possible date, to implement the outcomes of the U.S.–DPRK summit.

President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the State Affairs Commission of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea have committed to cooperate for the development of new U.S.–DPRK relations and for the promotion of peace, prosperity, and security of the Korean Peninsula and of the world.

Link
“History has shown that adversaries can become friends.”

I’m starting to think the libs are right.

Maybe Trump is an idiot.

I don’t know.

I’ll believe it when I see economic and social improvement for the people of North Korea.

Life sucks for the vast majority of North Korean people.

Nah.. That’s just not gonna happen.

The only thing I can think of is that North Korea is a minuscule speck. Trump is really courting (aiming to improve long-term relations) with China.

It will be a miracle if North Korean life improves greatly by let's say, half-way through Trump's second term.

We'll see. Trump is shooting to become the greatest U.S. president of all-time. A unification of the Korean peninsula would look good on his resume.
J/C

President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un signed a document on Tuesday stating that Pyongyang would work toward "complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula"— a historic concession, which was one of the requirements the U.S. sought at the summit in Singapore.

The historic agreement came after the two leaders held several meetings throughout the day. Trump was asked by a reporter if Kim agreed to denuclearize and he said, “We are starting that process very quickly.”

Trump did not refer to the document as a treaty or agreement.

Trump said at a press conference that he will be ending joint military exercises between the United States and South Korea.

He also said Kim agreed to destroy a 'major' missile testing site, but did not offer specific details.

The joint declaration states that the U.S. has committed to providing "security guarantees" to Pyongyang.

After their historic meeting, President Trump shows North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un a sneak peek inside the presidential limo.

It's unclear exactly what Trump has promised Kim in terms of security. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo declined to say Monday whether guarantees might include withdrawing U.S. troops from the Korean Peninsula.

Col. Chad G. Carroll, U.S. Forces Korea spokesman, said there has been no updated guidance on execution or “cessation of training exercises.”

“We will continue with our current military posture until we receive updated guidance from the Department of Defense and/or Indo-Pacific Command,” Carroll said.

Trump appeared optimistic at a press conference after Kim had left the island.

Trump told reporters that the remains of U.S. prisoners of war and those missing in action during the Korean War will also be returned.

Trump said he asked Kim to commit to returning the remains "and we got it."

The president said he has received "countless calls" and letters from family members asking him to help them receive the remains of their loved ones.

A reporter asked Trump if he would be willing to invite Kim to the White House and he responded, “Absolutely I would.”

Trump was asked by reporters in Singapore during his final appearance with Kim on Tuesday what surprised him most during their meetings.

Trump said Kim has a "great personality" and is "very smart. Good combination."

Trump raised some eyebrows when he said he learned Kim is "a very talented man" and "loves his country very much."

Kim, who was sitting alongside Trump at an earlier conference, said through a translator, “We had a historic meeting and decided to leave the past behind and we are about to sign a historic document.”

Trump said future talks will include Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and national security adviser John Bolton. The joint agreement said North Korea will hold follow-up negotiations, led by Pompeo and "a relevant high-level DPRK official" at the "earliest possible date."

Reporters pressed Trump about human rights issues in the Hermit Kingdom, and the president acknowledged that the situation must improve.

Trump and Kim did not respond to a reporter who asked if they discussed Otto Warmbier.

Warmbier was an American student arrested in North Korean in January 2016 for stealing a propaganda poster and sentenced to 15 years in prison with hard labor. He was was sent home from North Korea in a coma and died soon after.

Trump later said that the meeting between the two leaders may not have happened if not for the death of Warmbier.

Trump said he thinks "we'll probably need another summit"-- or at least a second meeting. Trump said he is willing to meet with Kim "many times" in the process.

In the run-up to the talks, Trump had hopefully predicted the two men might strike a nuclear deal or forge a formal end to the Korean War in the course of a single meeting or over several days. But in a briefing with reporters Monday, Pompeo sought to keep expectations for the summit in check.

"We are hopeful this summit will help set the conditions for future productive talks," the secretary of state said.

Fox News' Samuel Chamberlain and The Associated Press contributed

Link
Well, in the end we are now headed towards Peace instead of heading towards war.

Trump didn't walk away and Kim expressed his seriousness about getting rid of Nukes.

The Process has begun. thumbsup

Also credit to Otto Warmbier whose death changed attitudes and Dennis Rodman for his compassion which played a part in all this.
'We're ready to write a new chapter between our two nations': Trump declares victory and boasts Kim Jong-un has signed 'very comprehensive' agreement for 'complete denuclearization' as he says the U.S. will stop 'provocative' military exercises and plans to visit Pyongyang

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...Kim-summit.html

Also, this is pretty funny, hair swap:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/newpix/2018/0...28777587654.jpg

Signing agreement to disarm.....

And it was said it would never be done. 50+ years and it took was a twitter feud smile Good Job, Mr. President.

And it was said it would never be done. 50+ years and it took was a twitter feud smile Good Job, Mr. President.

This photo means exactly nothing.

An "agreement to disarm" is as worthless as a piece of used toilet paper.

sure, no talks in over 50 years, and an agreement to disarm nukes means nothing.....
Dennis Rodman for his compassion which played a part in all this.

This is about to look like the movie "Civil War" - On one side - Kanye, Kim, T.I. ,Dennis Rodman, Shaq, Clint Eastwood, Duck Dynasty & Mike Tyson, Kid Rock, Jesse James & the real hulk, Lou Ferrigno.

The Other Side
Robert DeNiro, Jimmy Kimmel, George Clooney, John Legend, Stephen Colbert, Ben Stiller, Nick Fury (Sam Jackson) and the "other" Hulk - Mark Ruffalo, Jennifer Lawrence, Richard Gere, Alyssa Milano and War Machine - Don Cheadle.
...this ought to be good! (Kim K may be the wild card, this week she's on one team...we'll see what happens next week.)
“Commits to work toward complete denuclearization”

This sounds like an empty agreement, but unlike others, I’ll take whatever win we get from this, for now.
Edward Norton is the only true Hulk.
I wasn't a fan...I like ruffalo.
This is from a month or two ago:

'North Korea nuclear test site has collapsed and may be out of action – China study'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/a...of-action-china

Yesterday was a perfect time for Kim Jong-un to sign an agreement for complete denuclearization - his nuclear testing site is ruined.
Yea the timing is funny. We knew he didn’t destroy it because of peace. He destroyed it because of that last nuke test screwed it all up. Word on the street is they actually saw he site move agent the nuke went off.

You have to wonder if he already has another site.

Yeah, I'm trolling. Ruffalo is the best. Edward Norton, while the most talented actor of the bunch, did a crap job at being the Hulk, both on and off screen. One of the reasons they recasted him was because he was always criticizing the scripts.

Yeah, I'm trolling. Ruffalo is the best. Edward Norton, while the most talented actor of the bunch, did a crap job at being the Hulk, both on and off screen. One of the reasons they recasted him was because he was always criticizing the scripts.
Agree, I am a huge Norton fan, but he stunk as the Hulk. That entire movie in general stunk tho, so it wasn't just him.
Yea the timing is funny. We knew he didn’t destroy it because of peace. He destroyed it because of that last nuke test screwed it all up. Word on the street is they actually saw he site move agent the nuke went off.

I don't think he has another one, but what do I know? If this is all a ploy he'll probably have another one built in a few years and then? To hell with the agreement. But only time will tell.

Agree, I am a huge Norton fan, but he stunk as the Hulk. That entire movie in general stunk tho, so it wasn't just him.

Batman is the only super hero who can pull of brooding for an hour and a half. And normally, Batman can't even do that.

So far so good thumbsup

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God."

Our boys can finally come home. Oh happy day thumbsup

People of North Korea have hope for the future.

The start is always the most important part of any journey.
I guess trying to avert a nuclear war make TRUMB dumb to you ...
what ever dude

Rocky, Trump assured me they went out of their way to work towards peace and at the same time not dash your hopes. brownie
I'd say it is a very good start. No doubt it is a process that won't change overnight, but a excellent first step.

President Trump hit a homer folks. I mean a homer of epic proportions.
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I'd say it is a very good start. No doubt it is a process that won't change overnight, but a excellent first step.

President Trump hit a homer folks.
I mean a homer of epic proportions.
Premature, 'peen. Trump has simply got to 1st base; a challenge in and of itself. Now it is up to the "process" to keep him (them) moving forward until they reach home plate (i.e. complete and final de-nuclearizing of the entire Korean peninsula...
Hitting a Home Run is not official until you have touched all the bases but the ball was hit out of the park.

He has approximately 60 nukes and we don't know where some are located-many are presumed to be stored underground.

The test site was near its end of usefulness. I guess nuclear testing can really rip up a mountain. some were speculating when the photo op was taken of the entrance of the test site was blown up-that's all that was blown up-the entrance

President Trump hit a homer folks.
I mean a homer of epic proportions.
Premature, 'peen. Trump has simply got to 1st base; a challenge in and of itself. Now it is up to the "process" to keep him (them) moving forward until they reach home plate (i.e. complete and final de-nuclearizing of the entire Korean peninsula...

a good start-China is pretty happy today. The South Koreans are not-they were never told beforehand about the halt to drills in August and are pretty stunned today.

We have had baby steps before with NK, this shall be a long process
It's a start. And that's better than where we were a few months ago. Let's not fool ourselves though. The GOP shouted to heaven and earth when they thought Obama was going to meet with him. When he said he was willing to meet with our enemies they sought to move heaven and earth to prevent it.

This is a good first step but the hypocrisy on the right about this entire meeting is so obvious.

http://www.newsweek.com/fox-news-video-trump-obama-north-korea-848618

And let's not forget that to this point this is really nothing more than a re-run of 2005. A deal made under the Bush administration that N. Korea refused to keep.................................

In September, 2005, the United States, North Korea and four other nations signed a draft accord in which the North promised to abandon efforts to produce nuclear weapons and re-admit international inspectors to its nuclear facilities, but leaving open a range of issues for future talks.

“Today’s announcement represents the first step toward implementing that agreement,” President Bush said in a statement.

He said that the talks were the best opportunity to use diplomacy to address North Korea’s nuclear program.

The White House spokesman, Tony Snow, said that the new agreement was stronger than previous deals with North Korea because the United States was not the only other party.

“There is still a possibility of sanctions through the international community,” Mr. Snow said. “And there is considerably more leverage on the North Koreans, by virtue of the fact that you have the Chinese, the South Koreans, the Japanese and the Russians also involved here. They’re answerable not merely to the United States, but in fact to their own neighbors, who are significant stakeholders in this.”

Mr. Snow also said that the North Koreans would be under an obligation to disclose everything publicly, and said that there would be very specific requirements from the North Koreans, including shutting down the Yongbyon nuclear plant and enrichment facilities.

Mr. Snow said the breakthrough was a result of “some very tough and hard-nosed diplomacy.”

But the agreement drew strong criticism from John Bolton, a former United States ambassador to the United Nations, who urged President Bush to reject it.

He called it a “charade” and a “hollow agreement.”

“I am very disturbed by this deal,” Mr. Bolton told CNN. “It sends exactly the wrong signal to would-be proliferators around the world: ‘If we hold out long enough, wear down the State Department negotiators, eventually you get rewarded,’ in this case with massive shipments of heavy fuel oil, for doing only partially what needs to be done.”

He added that the agreement focused too narrowly on Yongbyon.

“That is not nearly the entire threat,” Mr. Bolton said, adding that the agreement says nothing about the stock of nuclear weapons North Korea already possesses.

Japan has not agreed to join the other four countries in providing the aid package to the North, saying that it cannot take part until some bilateral issues between Japan and the North are worked out. Abductions of Japanese citizens by the North over the Cold War years are the main issue.

The accord sets a 60-day deadline for North Korea to accomplish its first steps toward disarmament, and leaves until an undefined moment — and to another negotiation — the actual removal of North Korea’s nuclear weapons and the fuel manufactured to produce them.

Under the agreement, the first part of the aid — 50,000 tons of fuel oil, or an equivalent value of economic or humanitarian aid — will be provided by South Korea, Russia, China and the United States; in the case of the United States, doing so requires congressional approval, which Mr. Bush is likely to have a difficult time securing.

In return for disabling the reactor and declaring all its nuclear programs, the North is to eventually receive another 950,000 tons of oil in stages. Further negotiations among the six nations are scheduled to begin on March 19 in Beijing.

“It’s about actions for actions,” Gordon Johndroe, a spokesman for the National Security Council, said this morning. “We have leverage because they’re under a U.N. Security Council sanctions regime.”

The agreement was read aloud this morning to all the delegates, gathered in a conference room at a Chinese state guesthouse in Beijing. The Chinese envoy, Wu Dawei, then asked if there were any objections. When none were made, the officials all stood and applauded.

https://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/13/world/asia/13cnd-korea.html

So this claim of us not having talked to them in 50 years is yet another lie. Saying we haven't had any agreement with N. Korea previously regarding nukes is simply wrong.

We are in the first step of many and I believe most everyone, including myself hope for the best. But history has proven that N. Korea is not trustworthy and that hasn't changed. It's going to be an uphill battle.

So far we have some vague agreement that we'll work forward from here with no details of how. Let's hope it continues from there. But let's not allow people to fool us into believing this path hasn't been walked before.
Secretary General Mikhail Gorbachev had proposed the meeting to President Ronald Reagan less than thirty days before. The expectations for the summit at Reykjavik were low.

The meeting was going well, so close to a momentous transformation, but ended when President Reagan got up and walked out with George Shultz while Gorbachev was still decrying the destabilizing effects of SDI.

“This meeting is over,” Reagan said. “Let’s go, George.”

“Can’t we do something about this?” Gorbachev pleaded.

“It’s too late,” Reagan replied.

The world saw failure but not long after the Soviet Union fell.
Hitting a Home Run is not official until you have touched all the bases but the ball was hit out of the park.

How many times have you got to 1st base with North Korea and been left stranded there?

How many times have you got to 1st base with North Korea and been left stranded there?
beats striking out at the plate like all the others before......

Face it, its a win for the world today. no matter how bad you wish it to go south.....sad.
You really need to look into that. There was a deal in place with N. Korea in 205. They didn't keep it. I posted about it above.

beats striking out at the plate like all the others before......

Face it, its a win for the world today. no matter how bad you wish it to go south.....sad.

I don't believe that anyone (including me) has ever said that. This 'understanding'is a good thing. It's a first step in an expected long process, nothing more.
You really need to look into that. There was a deal in place with N. Korea in 205. They didn't keep it. I posted about it above.
hence it struck out, which is what I said....... people are rooting for Kim Jong-un to not get rid of nukes so as to make Donald Trump look bad. people are rooting for our economy to tank, in their effort to get rid of Donald Trump. Sorry if people get hurt, but we need a recession to get rid of Trump.
....... people are rooting for Kim Jong-un to not get rid of nukes so as to make Donald Trump look bad.

Specifically... who?
The ball is now completely in Kim's court.

He and the President were friendly and helpful, we even gave a little with not holding war games.

He continues to make progress and feeds the process or we go with phase 2 of the sanctions while our military is still staring him down, ready to pounce. The war games can be back on in a heartbeat.

There will be no "Oh Rats" with Trump walking away like in the past.
Yet when you talk about striking out, Trump is just beginning to set a few outer boundaries to a real agreement. We are far from the intended eventual goal. In 2005 a deal had already been reached on nukes. So as of now, we are nowhere near as far along as we were in 2005 when the deal went belly up.

And I'm not trying to blame Bush for what happened in 2005. I'm saying N. Korea is not a nation I trust to keep any deal. And I really do believe people should actually wait until a final deal is in place and see that N. Korea follows through with it before they start celebrating.

Right now it remind me of fans who celebrate their team winning the game when they're ahead by a field goal three minutes into the first quarter.

So in reality, no, we were much further along in 2005 before the deal failed.

He and the President were friendly and helpful, we even gave a little with not holding war games.

He continues to make progress and feeds the process or we go with phase 2 of the sanctions while our military is still staring him down, ready to pounce. The war games can be back on in a heartbeat.

There will be no "Oh Rats" with Trump walking away like in the past.
my opinion, and my opinion only. Generations differ from their elders. Kim is a loony tune, but unlike his father before him, he has this twinkle in his eye to have nice things. He loves celebrities, loves nice things, loves basketball etc. he urns for being recognized on the world stage. which is why I think showing him that little video and trump saying, "you see where you shot off missles, you see a missle site on the beach, I see resorts....I see condos....etc." I bet lil kims eyes lit up like xmas.It was brilliant tactic.
No we haven't any agreements with lil kim. Those "agreements" were with the father. Those "agreements" were nothing more than the US giving them wads of cash to ramp up their nuke facilities.

Quote:
So in reality, no, we were much further along in 2005 before the deal failed
As Trump would say

I said with North Korea. I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend what I posted. lmao
funny, you have been screaming how different the us is since trump took over......so nk isn't different than from when the father ran it? lol
The Bitter Bettys are like nats in your hair. rofl
It was different fr0m 2008 till 2016 it was a wonderful utopia then ….and the US libs had no interest but now its a horrible place run by a horrible leader and that's because Trump caused it.... don't ya know that LOL
Originally Posted By: Riley01
It was different fr0m 2008 till 2016 it was a wonderful utopia then ….and the US libs had no interest but now its a horrible place run by a horrible leader and that's because Trump caused it.... don't ya know that LOL

Literally no one has ever said this.
imagine thinking that the US has changed significantly over 40 years, let alone 10 years.
Bitter Bettys
Bitter Bettys!
Bitter Bettys
Bitter Bettys!

Proof that TDS melts your brain.
Bitter Bettys
Bitter Bettys!

Proof that TDS melts your brain.

I finally figured it out!
40 reminds me of Frank Burns from MASH. He pictures himself a great mind and leader but when viewed by the rest of the camp he’s well... Frank Burns. A feckless man.
With that I’m now wondering... Does this make Diam Margaret ‘Hot Lips’ Houlihan?

With that I’m now wondering... Does this make Diam Margaret ‘Hot Lips’ Houlihan?

Ah geez! The visual... saywhat rofl

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...m=.3f7378d87ba6

Reporters thought this video was North Korea propaganda. It came from the White House.

by Avi Selk June 12 at 3:45 PM Email the author

Before the news conference President Trump held at the end of his June 12 summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, a propaganda-style film was played. (The Washington Post)

Reporters crowded into a Singapore auditorium Tuesday, expecting President Trump to walk out and announce the results of his historic meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.

Suddenly, two huge screens on either side of the empty podium came to life. Soaring music boomed over the speakers, and the reporters were bombarded with a montage portraying North Korea as some sort of paradise.

Golden sunrises, gleaming skylines and high-speed trains. Children skipping through Kim Il Sung square in Pyongyang. North Korean flags fluttering between images of Egyptian pyramids, the Taj Mahal and the Lincoln Memorial.

In a split-screen shot, Kim Jong Un waved to an adoring crowd while President Trump stood beside him with his thumb in the air. The pair appeared over and over again, like running mates in a campaign video.

The film went on like this for more than four minutes, with brief interludes of missiles, soldiers and warships interrupting the pageantry. Some journalists, unable to understand the Korean-language narration, assumed they were watching one of Pyongyang's infamous propaganda films. “What country are we in?” asked a reporter from the filing center.

But then the video looped, playing this time in English. And then Trump walked onto the stage and confirmed what some had already realized.

The film was not North Korean propaganda. It had been made in America, by or on the orders of his White House, for the benefit of Kim.

“I hope you liked it,” Trump told the reporters. “I thought it was good. I thought it was interesting enough to show. ... And I think he loved it.”

The crowd sounded skeptical. Some wondered if Trump had not, in fact, just provided U.S.-sanctioned propaganda to one of the country's oldest adversaries.

But as the president explained it, the video was more like an elevator pitch. It was the type of glitzy production that Trump might have once used to persuade investors to finance his hotels, and now hoped could persuade one of the most repressive regimes in the world to disarm its nuclear weapons and end nearly 70 years of international isolation and militant hostility to the United States.

The nearly five-minute movie even had its own Hollywood-style vanity logo: “A Destiny Pictures Production,” though a film company by the same name in Los Angeles denied any involvement in making it, and the White House has not yet responded to questions about it.

“Of those alive today, only a small number will leave a lasting impact,” the narrator said near the beginning, as alternating shots of Trump, Kim and North Korean pageantry flashed on the screen. “And only a very few will make decisions or take actions to renew their homeland, or change the course of history.”

The message was clear: Kim had a decision to make. Then the film progressed from grim black-and-white shots of the United States' 1950s-era war with North Korea into a montage of rose-colored parades and gold-tinted clouds.

“The past doesn't have to be the future,” the narrator said. “What if a people that share a common and rich heritage can find a common future?”

The same technique repeated even more dramatically a minute later in the film, when the footage seemed to melt into a horror montage of war planes and missiles bearing down on North Korean cities — much like the apocalyptic propaganda videos Pyongyang had produced just a few months ago, when Kim and Trump sounded as if they were on the brink of nuclear war.

[A North Korean propaganda film foretold proposed talks between Trump and Kim Jong Un]

But in Trump's film, the destruction rewound itself. The missiles flew back into to their launchers, and a science fiction-like version of North Korea took its place — one of crane-dotted skylines, crowded highways, computerized factories and drones, all presided over by a waving, grinning Kim.

“You can have medical breakthroughs, an abundance of resources, innovative technology and new discoveries,” the narrator said, the footage more and more resembling a Hollywood movie trailer as it built to its finale:

“Featuring President Donald Trump and Chairman Kim Jong Un in a meeting to remake history,” the narrator concluded, as Korean words flashed on a black background: “It is going to become a reality?”

The reporters had many questions.

“Do you now see Kim Jong Un as an equal?” asked a Time magazine correspondent.

“In what way?” Trump asked.

“You just showed a video that showed you and Kim Jong Un on equal footing, and discussing the future of the country.”

The president may have misunderstood the question, as he referred in his answer to his closed-door talks and a few carefully negotiated photo ops with Kim — not the U.S.-made video that presented the totalitarian autocrat as a hero.

“If I have to say I'm sitting on a stage with Chairman Kim and that gets us to save 30 million lives — it could be more than that — I'm willing to sit on a stage, I'm willing to travel to Singapore, very proudly,” Trump said.

“Are you concerned the video you just showed could be used by Kim as propaganda, to show him as ...”

Trump cut the question off. “No, I'm not concerned at all. We can use that video for other countries.”

The president was more talkative when discussing how Kim had reacted to the video, which Trump had presumably played for him during a brief, private meeting hours earlier.

“We didn’t have a big screen like you have the luxury of having,” Trump said. “We didn't need it, because we had it on cassette, uh, an iPad.

“And they played it. About eight of their representatives were watching it, and I thought they were fascinated by it. I thought it was well done. I showed it to you because that's the future. I mean, that could very well be the future. And the other alternative is just not a very good alternative. It's just not good.”

International reviews of the video were decidedly mixed.

"Schlocky" — Vanity Fair.

"Odd." — The Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

"One observer dismissed it as 'a word salad topped with gratuitous appeasement of a monstrous regime,'" the South China Morning Post reported.

The Daily Mail noted that as the narrator described North Korea's glorious future of technology and international investment, the video showed stock footage of the Miami Beach shoreline, not far from a Trump-owned hotel. The Spectator called the whole sequence "real-estate politik" — which wasn't necessarily a bad thing.

"The text reads like some godawful martial-arts movie trailer crossed with a corporate advertisement for an ambitious construction project," Freddy Gray wrote for the British newspaper. "But clearly, in some peculiar way, it works."

The president acknowledged that some of the film's imagery may seem far-fetched. North Korea is mired in poverty, internationally isolated, and has been mismanaged for decades by a family of dictators — Kim, his father and grandfather.

“That was done at the highest level of future development,” Trump told the reporters in Singapore, as if he had just offered Kim a multi-tiered vacation package. “I told him, you may not want this. You may want to do a much smaller version. ... You may not want that, with the trains and everything.”

He waved his hands. “You know, with super everything, to the top. It's going to be up to them."

And then, in his usual style, Trump was thinking out loud about the “great condos” that might one day be built on the “great beaches” of North Korea.

“I explained it,” he said. “You could have the best hotels in the world. Think of it from the real estate perspective.”

As the screens above Trump emphasized, he certainly had.

Not surprising. The biggest takeaway from the NK-SK meeting was that Moon told Un that South Korea would have no problem funding a gigantic infrastructure project in North Korea.

Kind of like the Paris Agreement?
Trump Was Outfoxed in Singapore

It sure looks as if President Trump was hoodwinked in Singapore.

Trump made a huge concession — the suspension of military exercises with South Korea. That’s on top of the broader concession of the summit meeting itself, security guarantees he gave North Korea and the legitimacy that the summit provides his counterpart, Kim Jong-un.

Within North Korea, the “very special bond” that Trump claimed to have formed with Kim will be portrayed this way: Kim forced the American president, through his nuclear and missile tests, to accept North Korea as a nuclear equal, to provide security guarantees to North Korea, and to cancel war games with South Korea that the North has protested for decades.

In exchange for these concessions, Trump seems to have won astonishingly little. In a joint statement, Kim merely “reaffirmed” the same commitment to denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula that North Korea has repeatedly made since 1992.

“They were willing to de-nuke,” Trump crowed at his news conference after his meetings with Kim. Trump seemed to believe he had achieved some remarkable agreement, but the concessions were all his own.

The most remarkable aspect of the joint statement was what it didn’t contain. There was nothing about North Korea freezing plutonium and uranium programs, nothing about destroying intercontinental ballistic missiles, nothing about allowing inspectors to return to nuclear sites, nothing about North Korea making a full declaration of its nuclear program, nothing about a timetable, nothing about verification, not even any clear pledge to permanently halt testing of nuclear weapons or long-range missiles.

Kim seems to have completely out-negotiated Trump, and it’s scary that Trump doesn’t seem to realize this. For now Trump has much less to show than past negotiators who hammered out deals with North Korea like the 1994 Agreed Framework, which completely froze the country’s plutonium program with a rigorous monitoring system.

Trump made a big deal in his news conference about recovering the remains of American soldiers from the Korean War, but this is nothing new. Back in 1989, on my first trip to North Korea, officials there made similar pledges about returning remains, and indeed North Korea has returned some remains over the years. It’s not clear how many more remain.

Trump claimed an “excellent relationship” with Kim, and it certainly is better for the two leaders to be exchanging compliments rather than missiles. In a sense, Trump has eased the tensions that he himself created when he threatened last fall to “totally destroy” North Korea. I’m just not sure a leader should get credit for defusing a crisis that he himself created.

There’s still plenty we don’t know and lots of uncertainty about the future. But for now, the bottom line is that there’s no indication that North Korea is prepared to give up its nuclear weapons, and Trump didn’t achieve anything remotely as good as the Iran nuclear deal, which led Iran to eliminate 98 percent of its enriched uranium.

There was also something frankly weird about an American president savaging Canada’s prime minister one day and then embracing the leader of the most totalitarian country in the world.

“He’s a very talented man,” Trump said of Kim. “I also learned that he loves his country very much.”

In an interview with Voice of America, Trump said “I like him” and added: “He’s smart, loves his people, he loves his country.”

Trump praised Kim in the news conference and, astonishingly, even adopted North Korean positions as his own, saying that the United States military exercises in the region are “provocative.” That’s a standard North Korean propaganda line. Likewise, Trump acknowledged that human rights in North Korea constituted a “rough situation,” but quickly added that “it’s rough in a lot of places, by the way.” (Note that a 2014 United Nations report stated that North Korean human rights violations do “not have any parallel in the contemporary world.”)

Incredibly, Trump told Voice of America that he had this message for the North Korean people: “I think you have somebody that has a great feeling for them. He wants to do right by them and we got along really well.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/opinion/trump-kim-summit-north-korea.htmlrref=collection%2Fcolumn%2FNicholas%20Kristof
Important points I learned from that story...

www.nytimes.com

That's all.
Originally Posted By: FATE

www.nytimes.com

That's all.

So the fox indoctrination has already taken effect... sorry to hear that...

An educated, independent thinking person can read an article and then self-determine its content and value...

Sad...
Fox News host says Kim Jong Un 'got it all' from Trump for virtually nothing in return

Link

Shep's video is here as well...
Huge concessions? What huge concessions? lol

We said we would stop military games, do you know how long it would take to re-implement the military games? hours? a day? give me a break. Disgusting
I need Warp Engines NOW!

America is jumping to TRUMP SPEED!

thumbsup
Huge concessions? What huge concessions? lol

We said we would stop military games, do you know how long it would take to re-implement the military games? hours? a day? give me a break. Disgusting

Yeah, but in the meantime, everyone will forget how to FIGHT. SCARRRRY!!

www.nytimes.com

That's all.

An educated, independent thinking person can read an article and then self-determine its content and value...

Sad...

Yes. Good call genius, I'm too dumb to think for myself. Read the first three sentences of your story and any one with half-a-brain doesn't need to go much further.

"Trump gave it all away"

Took the media twelve hours and that's what they decided to go with. Ab-so-lutely laughable. Look at the scope of what just happened and Trump was "hoodwinked"... "outsmarted". I can't laugh much harder. Can't make this stuff up!

Indoctrinated? Me?? Nah...
I woke up this morning to see how many NK missiles flew over Japan last night.

Then I thought of all the things the Democrats did for us in the last bunch of years.

Then I thought of Diam's equation...

0 + 0 = 0

www.nytimes.com

That's all.

Sad...

Yes. Good call genius, I'm too dumb to think for myself. Read the first three sentences of your story and any one with half-a-brain doesn't need to go much further.

"Trump gave it all away"

Took the media twelve hours and that's what they decided to go with. Ab-so-lutely laughable. Look at the scope of what just happened and Trump was "hoodwinked"... "outsmarted". I can't laugh much harder. Can't make this stuff up!

Indoctrinated? Me?? Nah...

Whats funny, was two-three weeks ago when trump called this off they yelled and laughed and screamed at "what a failure". Now they are scrambling for whatever they can try to pull out the rears....
It's a shame to see the narrative the left news and their minions are spinning.

"We gave up to much"..

We canceled a war game as a good faith measure. Big deal. It's not like we don't already know what we are going to do if war broke out.

The road to peace isn't exactly enhanced if we conduct war games 2 months later.

"We gave up to much"..

We canceled a war game as a good faith measure. Big deal. It's not like we don't already know what we are going to do if war broke out.

The road to peace isn't exactly enhanced if we conduct war games 2 months later.

So no comment on the Fox piece that I posted... or was it just conveniently ignored...
Shep Smith is a Trump hater like you and like you is wrong as usual.

What America got...
-3 hostages released.
-An end to missile launches and Nuke testing.
-An agreement from NK to change direction toward deNuking.
-An agreement to return the remains of American soldiers.

What NK got...
-An end to war games.
-An agreement to help them change direction with their Country.

Our people and theirs are currently meeting to work out further details and to complete what has begun.
funny, you have been screaming how different the us is since trump took over......so nk isn't different than from when the father ran it? lol

So you're argument is that we should trust a guy who had his own brother assassinated because he likes shiny things and basketball? Well all righty then. lmao

"We gave up to much"..

So no comment on the Fox piece that I posted... or was it just conveniently ignored...

Copy and paste it, when these sites tell me I have to turn off my ad blocker to read their drivel, I show their lips the fast track to my white a$$. Do it, it will be good for a laugh. You know, it's easy to reach a point where you know that 99% of the media push pure trash. You don't need to read articles - you need to read between the lines.

What happened in Singapore is a win-win-WIN. Win for us, win for them... huge win for the rest of the world. Spin it however you want (the media), it's a trite attempt at more of the same. As soon as we reach some semblance of unbiased reporting (never) people will read with interest again.

I was impressed by MSNBCdotcom, by 10 last night they knew their best bet was to just act like it never happened lol.
Well, I like Trump.

An excellent president. So far.

And I think he should be tried on Treason & Conspiracy charges and face the maximum penalty.

But that's just me. I'm a stern critic.

So you're argument is that we should trust a guy who had his own brother assassinated because he likes shiny things and basketball? Well all righty then. lmao
Yall trusted iran....ill let this play out.

nice spin tho...
Well, I like Trump.

An excellent president. So far.

And I think he should be tried on Treason & Conspiracy charges and face the maximum penalty.

But that's just me. I'm a stern critic.

Calm yourself Rocky, he is getting things done.
There will be plenty of time for your stuff down the road.

A little help to let it play out...
Quote:
Bill Clinton, 1993
After nine days of talks at the UN, the US and North Korea essentially agreed to keep talking, based on their mutual support of 1992’s “North-South Joint Declaration on the Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”

In that landmark 1992 declaration, Pyongyang agreed “not to test, manufacture, produce, receive, possess, store, deploy, or use nuclear weapons; to use nuclear energy solely for peaceful purposes; and not to possess facilities for nuclear reprocessing and uranium enrichment.”

In the 1993 US-North Korea pact, both sides gave “assurances against the threat and use of force, including nuclear weapons.” This ultimately resulted in the 1994 “agreed framework” towards a nuclear-free peninsula that is considered the closest move towards a successful deal.

Eight years of talks later, it all fell apart.

Quote:
George W. Bush, 2005
After the Clinton-led framework failed, China helped push North Korea to denuclearize, via the “Six Party Talks.” On their fourth meeting, in Beijing in 2005, the US, China, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, and Japan put out a detailed joint statement to say:

North Korea “committed to abandoning all nuclear weapons and existing nuclear programs.”
The US “affirmed that it has no nuclear weapons on the Korean Peninsula and has no intention to attack or invade” North Korea.
All sides agreed the 1992 declaration should be “observed and implemented.”
All parties pledged “economic cooperation in the fields of energy, trade and investment” with North Korea.
After multiple rounds of talks, George W. Bush removed North Korea from the US’s list of state sponsors of terrorism in 2008. However, talks collapsed in 2009 when North Korea fired a test missile after disagreeing with the other parties about inspections and verification of denuclearization.

Trump has great expectations and I hope this agreement will stick.
But any claim of some sort of win here by the GOP is premature.
It's not spin at all. You said that Un would want to go along with all of this because he wanted nice things and liked basketball. I said that I didn't trust him. That's really been our only disagreement in all of this.

With the Iran deal there were measures in place to inspect so we didn't have to trust them. In order to have a final deal with N. Korea, there will be a lot of ongoing negotiations that will have to take place before anything of substance is achieved. Once it is, if it is, there will be measures in place to insure he's following the agreement. We won't have to trust him at that point just like we didn't have to trust Iran.

My point was that I don't trust Un to follow through with the negotiations to the point that we reach such a deal. Once a deal is reached, we won't have to trust him. I'm not sure what part of this you're not understanding.

I think it's a great thing that our government is in talks with N. Korea. A deal can never be reached if you never try. I really didn't trust that Iran would follow through with the process either, but they did. I feel no differently in this case. I've never said one negative thing about Trump's attempt to reach a deal with N. Korea.

The fact that I don't trust some dictator to negotiate in good faith isn't a stretch in anyone's imagination. Nice spin though.
We also have this. The next U.S. president can simply undo everything Trump has done with the stroke of a pen.
So foolish to say we are trusting Kim. notallthere

He either comes through or we go back to war.

No trust needed.
I never said we trusted him. willit seems to think that there's something wrong with me not trusting him either. lmao

I think it's a good thing we are trying.
So foolish to say we are trusting Kim. notallthere

He either comes through or we go back to war.

No trust needed.

15 Memorable Quotes:

From Singapore:

1) “We will be stopping the war games [with South Korea] which will save us a tremendous amount of money. It is very provocative.”

2) "I think honestly he's going to do these things."

3) "I may be wrong, I mean I may stand before you in six months and say, ‘Hey I was wrong.’ I don’t know that I’ll ever admit that, but I’ll find some kind of an excuse."

4) Trump asked photographers whether they got a good picture of him and Kim "that makes us look nice and handsome and thin."

5) "I gave up nothing. I'm here. I haven't slept in 25 hours."

6) As reporters shouted questions, Trump turned to Kim Jong Un, saying, "The press, they never stop."

7) On Kim Jong-un: "Well he is very talented. Anybody who takes over a situation like he did at 26 years of age and is able to run it, and run it tough — I don't say 'he was nice' or I don't say anything about it,"

8) On North Korea: "It's rough. It's rough in a lot of places, by the way, not just there. But it's rough.

9) On whether there was a recording of the meeting between Trump and Kim: “I don’t have to verify, I have one of the great memories of all time.”

On Fox News:

1) “I just think that we are now we are going to start the process of denuclearization of North Korea, and I believe that he’s going back and will start it virtually immediately – and he’s already indicated that and you look at what he’s done.”

2) On his "rocket man" comments and other hostility last year: "Without the rhetoric we wouldn’t have been here....So I think the rhetoric, I hated to do it, sometimes I felt foolish doing it, but we had no choice."

On ABC Interview:

1) "I do trust him, yeah... Maybe in a year you’ll be interviewing and I'll say I made a mistake. It's possible. We’re dealing at a high level, a lot of things can change a lot of things are possible."

2) "Over my lifetime I've done a lot of deals with a lot of people and sometimes the people you most distrust turn out to be the most honorable ones and the people that you do trust turn out to be not the honorable ones."

3) "I've been up 24 hours now straight between phone calls and working it... This is a very, look this is 72 years we’re talking about, and we put it into one very intensive day and some meetings beforehand."

And if you made it this far down, I've saved the best one for last.

"North Korea has great beaches. You see that whenever they're exploding cannons into the ocean... Wouldn't that make a great condo? ... You could have the best hotels in the world right there. Think of it from a real estate perspective. You have South Korea. You have China. And they own the land in the middle. How bad is that? Right? It's great."

On ABC Interview:

1) "I do trust him, yeah.

Quick question... whole world's watching... should he say he doesn't trust him???
You don't have to say either one actually.

Is that your opinion based on 50 years of failure?

On ABC Interview:

Quick question... whole world's watching... should he say he doesn't trust him???

Well.. to put my reputation on the line with the likes of Kim and the track record of NK... no chance in hell...

He set himself up for that question... and he knows it...

On ABC Interview:

Well.. to put my reputation on the line with the likes of Kim and the track record of NK... no chance in hell...

You hate him and have cried about his reputation so many times we can't count them, now you worry. notallthere

On ABC Interview:

You hate him and have cried about his reputation so many times we can't count them, now you worry. notallthere

Sorry... you have me confused for someone else... exactly where in my statement do you equate anything that resembles worry?

Is that your opinion based on 50 years of failure?

See, this is where you listen to what you're told rather than looking for facts. The last failure was in 2005 when N. Korea refused to live up to an agreement made during the Bush administration.

The same reason I don't trust them now.

We haven't even come to an agreement with N. Korea this time.

You do realize that when you reach an agreement and that nation refuses to keep up their end of the bargain, it's them who failed and not you, right?

On ABC Interview:

Reputation lmao?

You and Pitt are both really reaching here. He was ASKED the question... Plead the fifth? Now you're saying he "set himself up" for the question. C'mon man! That would be one of the first questions no matter who did the interview.

Bottom line... a deal is struck, Rome won't be built in a day, both parties have little choice but to say they "trust" the other party, in a public forum, anyway. Not a real tough subject to grasp. I get it - everybody hates Trump. Is there ever any wiggle-room to admit something is a good thing? Or does that just make you look and feel too inferior? Like you're admitting some defeat or something... I don't get it.

Headline: North Korea Agrees to Denuke

Response: Bad deal, America agreed to quit playing war games and offered support, got nothing in return.

Sometimes I feel like I've woke in an alternate universe.
I don't think it's reaching to say you have little to no trust in a dictator negotiating in good faith or that you simply don't trust him.
I don't think it's reaching to say you have little to no trust in a dictator negotiating in good faith or that you simply don't trust him.

Not at all. You're 100% correct. However, it's reaching beyond reach to say that Trump doesn't have to answer the question... or that he can't stake his "reputation" on an answer that is stated strictly for the media and the worldwide court of public opinion.
I realize Trump isn't a gifted orator but he could have easily have sidestepped that question without a direct answer.... ie

I just met the man and so far we are working a positive direction.

It's really not that difficult to address questions in this manner and not say one way or the other.
I realize Trump isn't a gifted orator but he could have easily have sidestepped that question without a direct answer.... ie

It's really not that difficult to address questions in this manner and not say one way or the other.

If Trump listened to silly advice like this we would still be living in Obama's wasteland.
Well of course we would.
Pompeo says North Korea understands there will be 'in-depth verification'

1 hour ago.

"It's in the statement. It's in the statement," Pompeo insisted as he briefed reporters in Seoul. "You're just wrong about that."

The joint statement says that "President Trump committed to provide security guarantees to the DPRK, and Chairman Kim Jong Un reaffirmed his firm and unwavering commitment to complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula."
Asked how "verifiable" and "irreversible" appeared in the statement, given that the words aren't there, Pompeo said, "I suppose you could argue semantics, but let me assure you that it's in the document."
And then he added that, "I find that question insulting and ridiculous and frankly ludicrous," adding that "one ought not play games with serious matters like this."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/13/politics/pompeo-north-korea-verification/index.html

Stop arguing semantics Pit. tsktsk
So the words weren't there. Do you even understand what the word semantics means?

And Clinton could have said "just the tip".

Both would be dumb answers. Kim Jong Un is a little boy with too many dangerous toys. The Don is gonna make him a Rock Star... It all starts with massaging his ego and making Kim trust him. When it's said and done - the world will be a better place. Again, not real hard to grasp.

So, bottom line... everybody mad 'cuz Trump says "I trust him"? Seems pretty ridiculous imo.

Asked how "verifiable" and "irreversible" appeared in the statement, given that the words aren't there, Pompeo said, "I suppose you could argue semantics, but let me assure you that it's in the document."

I guess we'll just have to wait until Wolf Blitzer on CNN can fill us in...
You argue semantics in nearly every post, who could not possibly know?
Wolf will know. Poor guy doesn't even know how bad his ratings are.
It's like the term "he's a man's man"...

Wolf is a "has-been's has-been". Showing everything there is to show of what a has-been should look like and talk like. A great inspiration to talking heads on the cusp of has-beenity.
All you have to do is read. Not only isn't it in the document, nothing remotely close to it is in the document.
Semantics.

It is understood by all parties.

The actual words, "Hi there, I'm President Trump, lets work this out" aren't in there either but said and understood by all parties.

Semantics.
Creating things that aren't there. Only God can do that.
Semantics.

Then how do you answer the question, do you trust him?

Dance around it... to save face in the media, and the households of the haters.

Dance around it... to save face in the media, and the households of the haters.

Send them planes filled with pallets of cash and give up 5 murdering jihadists in exchange for a deserter. Says an awful lot to me.
/purple

"I just met the man. So far our discussions have gone well."

Sounds quite reasonable to me. You can't have a single discussion with a man and be expected to know whether you trust him or not.
I can tell you have zero experience with international diplomacy. rofl

Best you stick with the semantics.
© DawgTalkers.net