DawgTalkers.net
whats even more sad? this is only in PA.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/latest-archbishop-defends-himself-amid-critical-report-134958407.html

HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — The Latest on a grand jury report on clergy abuse in six Pennsylvania Roman Catholic dioceses (all times local):

2:25 p.m.

A Pennsylvania grand jury says its investigation of clergy sexual abuse identified more than 1,000 child victims.

The grand jury report released Tuesday says that number comes from records in six Roman Catholic dioceses. The grand jury says it believes the "real number" of abused children might be "in the thousands" since some records were lost and victims were afraid to come forward. The report says more than 300 clergy committed the abuse over a period of decades.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro says the probe found a systematic cover-up by senior church officials in Pennsylvania and at the Vatican.

2:10 p.m.

Pennsylvania officials have released a landmark grand jury report that identifies more than 300 "predator priests" who molested children in six dioceses.

It also accuses church leaders of taking steps to cover up the abuse. The report emerged from one of the nation's most exhaustive investigations of clergy sexual abuse.

The report echoes the findings of many earlier church investigations around the country in its description of widespread sexual abuse by clergy and church officials' concealment of it.

The grand jury scrutinized abuse allegations in dioceses that minister to more than half the state's 3.2 million Catholics.

Cardinal Donald Wuerl, the former longtime bishop of Pittsburgh who now leads the Washington archdiocese, said ahead of the report's release that he expected to be criticized in it.

9:30 a.m.

Cardinal Donald Wuerl, the archbishop of Washington, is defending himself ahead of a forthcoming grand jury report investigating child sexual abuse in six of Pennsylvania's Roman Catholic dioceses.

He says the report will be critical of some of his actions as Pittsburgh's bishop.

Wuerl wrote to priests late Monday, ahead of Tuesday's release of the report. He says he acted diligently to protect children while bishop of Pittsburgh for 18 years through 2006.

Court records say the report identifies more than 300 "predator priests" and that grand jurors accuse church leaders of brushing aside victims to protect abusers and church institutions.

Wuerl is already dealing with allegations that a predecessor, disgraced ex-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick, allegedly sexually abused boys and adult seminarians. He said last month that archdiocesan records showed no complaints about McCarrick.

___

1 a.m.

Time is ticking down to decide what information to black out in a forthcoming grand jury report investigating child sexual abuse in six of Pennsylvania's Roman Catholic dioceses.

The state Supreme Court set a Tuesday deadline to publicly release a redacted version of the roughly 900-page report.

Some clergy members named in the document say they're wrongfully accused and are fighting to challenge the allegations against them. The high court says it'll consider their claims in September, but in the meantime ordered the report released with the identities of those clergy members concealed.

Court records say the report identifies more than 300 "predator priests" and that grand jurors accuse church leaders of brushing aside victims to protect abusers and church institutions.
disgusting.
I am saddened and repulsed that someone in a position of authority in spiritual matters would abuse a young person in this way. (In any way, actually) It is incredible that the church would just stand by and allow an entire generation (or more) of children to be subjected to this kind of horror. I can think of no greater violation of trust than this kind of behavior.
there's a ton of sects in christianity.

and yet while someone like me can certainly criticize all of them, it seems like the catholics have a monopoly on sexual abuse, especially cover ups.

i guess the silver lining is that atleast the law worked this time.
Quote:
it seems like the catholics have a monopoly on sexual abuse, especially cover ups.

Probably not a total monopoly but they are by far the biggest and they also have the most government like structure to pull off a cover up. And of course, they are also the only one that does not allow their priests to marry.. which if they would change that stupid rule a lot of this would probably go away.

No other denomination has the structure, the power, or the money to pull off something like that.

On a more personal note, putting your allegiance to the church over your allegiance to God is just pathetic.. and I hope a lot of them have plenty of time in jail to think about it.
Originally Posted By: DCDAWGFAN
Quote:
it seems like the catholics have a monopoly on sexual abuse, especially cover ups.

Probably not a total monopoly but they are by far the biggest and they also have the most government like structure to pull off a cover up. And of course, they are also the only one that does not allow their priests to marry.. which if they would change that stupid rule a lot of this would probably go away.

No other denomination has the structure, the power, or the money to pull off something like that.

On a more personal note, putting your allegiance to the church over your allegiance to God is just pathetic.. and I hope a lot of them have plenty of time in jail to think about it.

They didn't write the book but they are one of the main characters.
One victim in Pittsburgh was forced to pose naked as Christ on the cross while priests photographed him with a Polaroid camera. Priests gave the boy and others gold cross necklaces to mark them as being “groomed” for abuse.

One priest in Southwestern Pennsylvania is said to have sexually abused a boy in a confessional. Another, from Allentown, allegedly forced a boy to give him oral sex and then cleansed the child’s mouth with holy water. Two priests impregnated teens; one urged an abortion, the other arranged a secret marriage.

Priests preyed on vulnerable children, and their superiors either ignored or hid allegations while shuffling abusers from parish to parish. Lawsuits filed by accusers often ended in strict confidentiality agreements, ensuring their silence for years.

Problem priests were cycled through church-owned treatment centers — including the St. John Vianney Center in Downingtown. Tuesday’s report dismissed the therapy at such facilities, saying it largely existed to “launder accused priests” and “provide plausible deniability to the bishops and permitted hundreds of known offenders to return to ministry.”

Here are some of the ways the CHURCH went into covering this up:

•Using euphemisms for the sexual assaults. "Never say 'rape'; say 'inappropriate contact' or 'boundary issues.'"
•Choosing fellow clergy members, not unbiased professionals to "ask inadequate questions and then make credibility determinations about the colleagues with whom they live and work."
•"For an appearance of integrity, send priests for 'evaluation' at church -run psychiatric treatment centers," as the priest's diagnosis would be mostly based on his own "'self -reports,' regardless of whether the priest had actually engaged in sexual contact with a child."
•To completely conceal any wrongdoing even if the priest is removed, "don't say why. Tell his parishioners that he is on "sick leave," or suffering from 'nervous exhaustion.' Or say nothing at all."
•"Even if a priest is raping children, keep providing him housing and living expenses, although he may be using these resources to facilitate more sexual assaults."
•If a predator's conduct becomes known to the community, don't remove him from the priesthood to ensure that no more children will be victimized. Instead, transfer him to a new location where no one will know he is a child abuser."
•"Finally and above all, don't tell the police," though sexual abuse of minors is a universally punishable crime, "don't treat it that way; handle it like a personnel matter, 'in house,'" the text said, according to the report

https://www.businessinsider.com/grand-jury-report-catholic-church-playbook-sexual-abuse-2018-8
J/C

I have been seeing on my personal FB page a lot people trying to downplay this, and still sticking up for the church......

on of the priest was finally arrested in 15, and was killed in prison. Its a sad day in the world, when a prison inmates have to do whats right when "stand up church goers" will not.

Sorry for all the post, this has me heated.

and I am not pointing anyone on here out, so don't take that like I am. I am saying as a whole, outside of DT, I am seeing a lot of people make a lot of excuses.
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
I am saddened and repulsed that someone in a position of authority in spiritual matters would abuse a young person in this way. (In any way, actually) It is incredible that the church would just stand by and allow an entire generation (or more) of children to be subjected to this kind of horror. I can think of no greater violation of trust than this kind of behavior.

Money. As the church will say, "the root of all evil" is why they have covered this up. They know if it got out it would hurt their donation basket, and that's ALL they care about.
i guess you can chalk it up to blind devotion.

i dunno if thats really a good thing, but im not religious so...

i will say that i agree with you, especially when it comes to the catholic church, that its all about them dollars.

and its been all about the money for literally centuries with the catholic church.

i guess for me, im trying to figure out how pedophilia became so rampant amongst the priest. this has apparently been going on for decades, so where did the crap come from?

cause it aint only PA, not even close. its all over the world this crap is going on.
Quote:

cause it aint only PA, not even close. its all over the world this crap is going on.
Times this by 50, at least......just in the US.

There was also an information about the "circle of secrecy" where the Diocese of Pittsburgh had a damn flow chart of how to cover this up by the Bishop and it was distributed to the churches.

I want to know, to the priest that WERE NOT raping kids, how could you receive this from the church, and not feel disgusted with yourself, knowing this was going on - and did not speak up or out against it?
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
Money. As the church will say, "the root of all evil" is why they have covered this up. They know if it got out it would hurt their donation basket, and that's ALL they care about.

But that's the thing. How stupid are they? The coverup is always worse than the crime.

Every single allegation of abuse should have been investigated by the police like anywhere else.

The Catholic Church should not consider itself above the law. Any priest who abuses a child should go to jail, just like anyone else, and lose their job.

That's how it should be.

And if they are struggling recruiting qualified priests, they need to figure out why and do something about it (just as any business would).

I'm a Catholic, and this kind of stuff pushes me far away from the church. It's embarrassing and infuriating.

I've wanted a purge for awhile. Anyone part of this stuff or part of covering it up should be gone. Period. Start fresh. There is no forgiveness for allowing children to be abused, much less abusing children.
Quote:
I've wanted a purge for awhile. Anyone part of this stuff or part of covering it up should be gone. Period. Start fresh. There is no forgiveness for allowing children to be abused, much less abusing children.
Petey, this has been going on for decades. Do you really think that its just not part of their beliefs at this point? Lets honestly think about that. They easily could have stopped this, and did not. In fact, they condoned it, and supported it.

I think its more widespread than this AG report even suggest, and goes all the way to the Pope himself.

I truly believe this is part of the church's fabric and belief system. Its disgusting and sad.
J/C

Not on a personal computer, so I cant watch your link, but I will be the first to come out today and say I am disappointed in FOX as I did not see a single story about the priest and church on their page.

I have also said many times they are slanted, as is ALL MEDIA. I don't see a why (on both sides) we have to try to keep calling it out as a GOTCHA though? Its not going to change anytime soon, as they are private companies and all have an agenda.

so i could only find one segment, and only one article. i didn't find any actual in depth articles on fox news, however, unlike the other outlets.

and obviously, the main guy who spoke about it is the guy a lot of conservatives hate being on fox news: shep smith

and then:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/15/report-pennsylvania-priests-abused-over-1000-children.html

what sucks is that i have to search for this. despite it being big news, its pretty much nowhere readily seen on the front page.

also, i've said this before, fox news loves to turn on or off the comment section depending on what the topic is being discussed.

unsurprisingly, its absent in this article.
I agree, they do this, and it does upset me (upset being a word to replace one I cannot use on the board).

Everything you said they did/do though, is true about all media outlets. And until we all call them ALL out, it will never change. CNN I believe doesn't allow ANY comments if im not mistaken.

But back to the topic - I am not trying to get into a tit for tat about right wing news or left wing news outlets -

As I said before, its all about money, and I would love to see how much the church sends Fox.

Its amazing to me also, how much little discussion is being posted to this thread. Normally any thread about the church and/or religion is a hot button issue, but nothing here.....
Petey, this has been going on for decades. Do you really think that its just not part of their beliefs at this point? Lets honestly think about that. They easily could have stopped this, and did not. In fact, they condoned it, and supported it.

I think its more widespread than this AG report even suggest, and goes all the way to the Pope himself.

I truly believe this is part of the church's fabric and belief system. Its disgusting and sad.

It doesn't mean that the change/purge can't start now.

I'm not going to give up on the Catholic Church. I'm a Catholic. My wife's a Catholic. My parents are devout Catholics. I was raised with Catholic Values (not those associated with sex abuse obviously)

And i like our Pope. I think his intentions are good. And I sure hope it's not part of the church top to bottom as a whole.

Am i being unrealistic, sadly maybe. But that's what i'd like to see happen. I'd like to raise a family under those same Catholic Values i was raised with.

As I said, the faith really needs to take a look at itself and figure out how it can do better. How can it recruit better people to serve as Priests and how it can change itself so that it can become a respectable organization again.

Openness is key. As I've said. The trust has been betrayed. Everything should come out. No more secrets on this stuff. And those guilty of covering up/committing these acts should be banished. That's what i'd like to see happen, maybe it's unrealistic, but it's what i'd like
its because everyone knows this is disgusting as all hell and there's no excuse for it.

its why i still come back to these boards constantly. the one thing that isn't spun or accepted is abuse against kids, regardless of who its coming from.

im glad we all have that standard. however, rocky had to ruin it, but atleast he made his own head scratching thread about it.
I have no issues for those who believe or still have faith in god, so don't take my comments out of context.

But in no way, shape for form, should ANYONE have any FAITH in the church itself. That was eroded the FIRST time this came out years ago, and has been CRAPPED on now that we know they have continued their ways, decades later. They already ran this dog and pony show before, talking about "needing to do better", and they were given that chance, and they did nothing but continue to do what they were doing. They do not want to change, because I believe it is ingrained in the organized crimereligion of the church.
I have no issues for those who believe or still have faith in god, so don't take my comments out of context.

But in no way, shape for form, should ANYONE have any FAITH in the church itself. That was eroded the FIRST time this came out years ago, and has been CRAPPED on now that we know they have continued their ways, decades later. They already ran this dog and pony show before, talking about "needing to do better", and they were given that chance, and they did nothing but continue to do what they were doing. They do not want to change, because I believe it is ingrained in the organized crimereligion of the church.

The church itself is kind of engrained in Catholicism.

There's good things about it and bad things about it.

I don't see myself identifying as anything else other than Catholic.
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous

The church itself is kind of engrained in Catholicism.

There's good things about it and bad things about it.

I don't see myself identifying as anything else other than Catholic.
Sorry, but ANYTHING good about the church was completely wiped out and considered useless the FIRST time they covered up ONE priest.

And to be honest, I think saying "bad things about it" maybe the understatement of the year.

This was morally disgusting, legally disgusting, hundreds if not thousands should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for committing conspiracy to defraud and cover up a crime, aiding and abetting, and so forth.

I believe the catholic church as a whole should be hit with FINES, CHARGES, and SHUT DOWN immediately - until this is resolved to a suitable solution.
Sorry, but ANYTHING good about the church was completely wiped out and considered useless the FIRST time they covered up ONE priest.

And to be honest, I think saying "bad things about it" maybe the understatement of the year.

This was morally disgusting, legally disgusting, hundreds if not thousands should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for committing conspiracy to defraud and cover up a crime, aiding and abetting, and so forth.

I believe the catholic church as a whole should be hit with FINES, CHARGES, and SHUT DOWN immediately - until this is resolved to a suitable solution.

You have valid points, and shutting down the church is a fair opinion (although i think that would be a lot more difficult than you realize).

Within the comment about good and bad things about the church, I just don't see the people within the church hierarchy as the same thing as the church itself. Or at least in that comment, i was talking about the system, not those that make up the system. And clearly the system failed big-time in this instance.

But yes, I am completely disgusted by the actions of these priests, and just as disgusted by the actions of those that decided to cover up such serious crimes.

I want justice as much as anyone. I feel betrayed and i'm mad about what happened. I feel terrible for the victims. And I'm angry that the religion that I grew up practicing and was a part of has done this. As far as i'm concerned, anyone who is a part of that either has some serious explaining to do to God (assuming God exists) and/or should burn in hell.

My Uncle is a Priest. He's a good man. It's embarrassing and upsetting when I hear jokes made about Priests with boys. I don't like my Uncle being associated with that. I don't like the religion being associated with that. And I don't like having to defend my religion in a discussion about Child Molestation, which to me is an unforgivable heinous crime.

Trust me, i'm mad. But being mad about Catholicism for me is like being angry at my ancestry or heritage. It's a part of me whether i like it or not. The best i can do is try/hope to change what's wrong
Quote:

Blind devotion implies that your eyes are closed.... you should have TOTAL devotion, but not be blind. And your devotion should be 100% focused on God.. not on the pastor, priest, congregation, building, offering plate, or anything else.. just God.

Everybody else will, at some point, let you down.... and you need to be prepared to deal with that, in this case, call the police.. in most cases it's just have a conversation or walk away from a church and find a different one.. but the magnitude of this is just mind-blowing... that they convinced SO many people to not do the right thing..
J/C

Yo, check this crap out.

My wife stepmom (who has raised her since she was 8) family has a family reunion every year. One of my MIL cousins is a priest, Father Don. He was always a center piece of everyone's attention being a priest, and lead the prayer before they begin and grace before we would eat.

I am thinking of this now reading how they sent some of these priest out of state, and would not let them return, and some of these cases the priest were sent to TX.

Two years ago, father don was not at the reunion, and I had asked my MIL "hey, where's father don". She replied, "oh, he was moved to texas to work on some big project for the church down there. He could not make it up for the reunion." No biggie. Then he was absent xmas eve (they do a huge family gathering every xmas eve). Then he was not there a few weeks ago, and I asked again and the reply "well hes so busy he just cant get back to pa".

Yo, I am thinking dudes name might be on one of these list. Scary.
J/C

This should make everyone's skin crawl and question the church as a whole.

http://www.bishop-accountability.org/AtAGlance/bishops_lists.htm

Its amazing to me also, how much little discussion is being posted to this thread. Normally any thread about the church and/or religion is a hot button issue, but nothing here.....

This is my first comment and maybe I can help explain this at least from my POV.

It's because nothing about this surprises me. It's nothing but an ongoing list of stories of abuse and deceit by the Catholic Church. Many of us knew we had only seen the tip of the iceberg when it came to this situation and fully expected the other shoe to drop.

And this is far from the end. We feel the outrage but it was anticipated. Before long we will hear it yet again in another state or part of the world. Each time it's happened I've expressed my disgust. And each time, we hear more.

The most disgusting part of it all is much as you've mentioned, how people can remain Catholic. How they can uphold and make excuses for the Church. How there is a statute of limitations on pedaphilia that would allow defenders to roam free.
I remember when South Park skewered the church with the Catholic Boat... 16 years ago.
I as well. It seemed much funnier then than it does right now.
Originally Posted By: Swish

i will say that i agree with you, especially when it comes to the catholic church, that its all about them dollars.

and its been all about the money for literally centuries with the catholic church.

i guess for me, im trying to figure out how pedophilia became so rampant amongst the priest. this has apparently been going on for decades, so where did the crap come from?

And it's not only the catholic priests doing it either on this scale, there are others, but you will probably never read about it in the main stream media.
When did you join Q?
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
When did you join Q?

I don't know much about Q, 'cept that he's liked in the alternative media now.

I have read a few books and many articles on this sorta stuff in the past. This one I posted under a different thread, it's worth reading:

"The Franklin Cover Up: Child Abuse, Satanism and Murder in Nebraska."

Link, if interested:

http://www.whale.to/b/the_franklin_cover-up_-_john_decamp_-_ebook.pdf

Article:

'How BBC star Jimmy Savile allegedly got away with abusing 500 children'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morn...m=.58c17d5536d2

Don't think this sort of stuff still doesn't go on in America (and the rest of the world, for that matter) because it does, it's just very much underground. Google Satanic ritualistic abuse (or something of that nature) to learn more.

Also MK ULTRA was real and actually declassified a few years back.

The sanitized wiki explanation:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

The truth is out there about this but the average person simply doesn't want to believe it because it is so horrible it's practically unbelievable. IMHO
I must agree that much of it goes either unreported or undisclosed. Using the fear of children to treat them as victims is the most evil thing one can do.
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I must agree that much of it goes either unreported or undisclosed. Using the fear of children to treat them as victims is the most evil thing one can do.
I am honestly just disgusted at some of the threads on FB and such about this. The amount of people sticking up for the church, claiming "priest are just men"....no butt head, men don't rape children - sick twisted animals do.

The, this Zubnik and Wuerl guy, proven to have covered it up - the one guy said today "we have met with the victims, are we are furious because we thought we had taken care of this".....

taken care of this? by moving pedos around the country so they are not found out? by paying their expenses and housing for them to rape children? by telling others how to cover this up, and what to say if questioned? yeah, you took care of it. he might as well video taped it, cause this dude is just as sick and twisted as the priest doing it.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/08/...nd-jury-report/
I have read and certainly understand the disgust you hold by all of this. The only thing that confuses me, is much you've expressed, those that make excuses and those that can even remain Catholic. It also confuses my why, when given the history of this, that anyone is at all surprised by it.
jc

Don't priests have to take a vow of celibacy? I was under the impression that that was a requirement to joining the clergy.

My next question; is this vow just abstaining from the act of sex, or does it include any and all forms of sexuality?

Can you be a child molester and still be considered celibate? Can you engage in homosexual sex acts, and within the eyes of the church, still be considered celibate?

Because, if their vow includes any/all sexual acts, then how could they continue being a priest while being in violation of their vows?
Four our fathers and five hail Mary's?
Originally Posted By: Tyler_Derden
jc

Don't priests have to take a vow of celibacy? I was under the impression that that was a requirement to joining the clergy.

-As far as I know, yes, that is still the case.

My next question; is this vow just abstaining from the act of sex, or does it include any and all forms of sexuality?

-I think just the act of sex. I'm not sure if masturbation counts.

Can you be a child molester and still be considered celibate?

-No.

Can you engage in homosexual sex acts, and within the eyes of the church, still be considered celibate?

-No.

Because, if their vow includes any/all sexual acts, then how could they continue being a priest while being in violation of their vows?

-They don't tell anyone. (But I'm sure they can figure out who is like them in time.)
I was born and raised Catholic,but this is tough for me to accept. I admit I'm having a hard time dealing with what we've heard.

I'm not sure if my little town fell under Pittsburgh or Greensburg, PA diocese. Really not sure, but I don't ever remember hearing anything about this or anything remotely like this as I was growing up. Granted that was in the 60's and 70's....

The Current Pope has stated his disgust... (paraphrasing)

So maybe he can force the necessary changes.

I'm very sad about it.
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I was born and raised Catholic,but this is tough for me to accept. I admit I'm having a hard time dealing with what we've heard.

I'm not sure if my little town fell under Pittsburgh or Greensburg, PA diocese. Really not sure, but I don't ever remember hearing anything about this or anything remotely like this as I was growing up. Granted that was in the 60's and 70's....

I'm very sad about it.
I want to ask you an honest question. Do you really think in the bottom of your heart, that the current pope didn't know what was going on?

he has been with the church for how long?

I am going to let you in a little secret, THEY ALL KNEW and THEY ALL KNOW. They passed out pamphlets for crying out loud, telling them how to deal with the priest. To transfer them and use specific wording.

The diocese head stated that he met w/ victims years ago and "thought he had handled it".

I have a feeling this is a known subject, from the top to bottom to cover it up, with direction from the Vatican itself.

I'm very sad about it.
I want to ask you an honest question. Do you really think in the bottom of your heart, that the current pope didn't know what was going on?

I am going to let you in a little secret, THEY ALL KNEW and THEY ALL KNOW. They passed out pamphlets for crying out loud, telling them how to deal with the priest. To transfer them and use specific wording.

The diocese head stated that he met w/ victims years ago and "thought he had handled it".

I have a feeling this is a known subject, from the top to bottom to cover it up, with direction from the Vatican itself.

We agree on this. I think they covered it all up to avoid the financial losses. I don't think all priest are pedos by a long shot, but if you cover for child abuse, you are no better than the abuser.
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I'm very sad about it.

We agree on this. I think they covered it all up to avoid the financial losses. I don't think all priest are pedos by a long shot, but if you cover for child abuse, you are no better than the abuser.
I don't think all priest are pedophiles, but I believe all priest are complicit in this. They were told how to cover this up, and what to do. Any priest that received that "handbook" of how to cover up child rape, and did not come forward and say "hey, we have a problem here", IMO is guilty of aiding and abetting child rape.

Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I'm very sad about it.

I don't think all priest are pedophiles, but I believe all priest are complicit in this. They were told how to cover this up, and what to do. Any priest that received that "handbook" of how to cover up child rape, and did not come forward and say "hey, we have a problem here", IMO is guilty of aiding and abetting child rape.

Pretty much. But there are also a whole lot of priests. I have no idea if all were in the loop or saw the pamphlets you are talking about. But if they did, they are complicit.
catholics already playing damage control.

I'm very sad about it.

Don't hold your breath Daman. Current Popey did absolutely jack when the Archbishop in Adelaide here in Aus got convicted of systematic cover ups of a tonne of cases of child abuse. The dog held his position for 2 weeks after conviction with silence from the hierarchy and only stepped down after a swathe of national outrage culminating in comment from the Prime Minister. Finally he saw sense.

We've had a royal commission here, the aftermath continues as more stories come to light. So many suicides from victims of this abuse. Our highest ranking Catholic is next up. Dude works at the Vatican now and is like, number 5 or something to the Pope. He's in the dock with charges to answer on cover ups and abuse he allegedly administered. Rotten to the core.
Pope on Pennsylvania sex abuse report: We abandoned the little ones

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/20/europe/pope-francis-letter-sexual-abuse-intl/index.html
Quote:
"Looking back to the past, no effort to beg pardon and to seek to repair the harm done will ever be sufficient. Looking ahead to the future, no effort must be spared to create a culture able to prevent such situations from happening, but also to prevent the possibility of their being covered up and perpetuated."
Sounds too me like an admission that they covered it up.
Quote:
"Looking back to the past, no effort to beg pardon and to seek to repair the harm done will ever be sufficient. Looking ahead to the future, no effort must be spared to create a culture able to prevent such situations from happening, but also to prevent the possibility of their being covered up and perpetuated."

and you know what sucks? if the pope, as well as the past ones knew about it, but didnt do anything but transfer them somewhere else, he'd be indicted.

but because the vatican might as well be its own separate country, nothing will ever happen. the church is that freaking powerful.
Quote:
I am conscious of the effort and work being carried out in various parts of the world to come up with the necessary means to ensure the safety and protection of the integrity of children and of vulnerable adults, as well as implementing zero tolerance and ways of making all those who perpetrate or cover up these crimes accountable.

God forbid (pun intended) they turn them into the police.....

You see, that's the problem, they think a simple repentance is all that should take place for these priest, and all is forgiven, put him back to work......
Quote:

and you know what sucks? if the pope, as well as the past ones knew about it, but didnt do anything but transfer them somewhere else, he'd be indicted.

but because the vatican might as well be its own separate country, nothing will ever happen. the church is that freaking powerful.
I don't think you get to wear the hat without knowing everything that is going on. You don't spend that long highly involoved and not know or hear those rumblings or know about them.

2000 words and not once did they say they were going to work with authorities, hand over any of the priest, or assist with the investigations.

2000 words and all he did was tell his followers to fast and pray. So now the followers are being punished for the priest by having to fast. you cant make this up!
[quote=willitevachange]
Quote:

He also keeps saying "one suffers we all suffer". Poor choice of words, pallie. Until you are child that is forcefully raped by a grown arse mad, i don't think you can talk about suffering....just a thought.

Quote:
the vatican might as well be its own separate country

Vatican City is the world’s smallest fully independent nation-state. It is the smallest country in the world. Encircled by a 2-mile border with Italy, Vatican City is an independent city-state that covers just over 100 acres, making it one-eighth the size of New York's Central Park. Vatican City is governed as an absolute monarchy with the pope at its head.

During the period from the 4th century to 1870, the Vatican gained control of territory around Rome and served as capital of the Papal States. In 1929 Vatican City's independent sovereignty was recognized by the Fascist Italian government in the Lateran Treaty.
Matthew 18:6
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Matthew 18:6
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
did you know the hung crosses around the necks of the kids to let other priest know which kids were "desensitized" to abuse? Great times at the church, great times......

I ask those who are still supporting the church an honest question - Would you right now today, leave your child or grandchild alone with your priest?
I would. I am also not Catholic, and have known our minister since he was a child, and even watched him in the Church nursery when he was little.
I would also. He's my next door neighbor, as well.

He/the church have a policy: No one is alone with a child.

Before my daughter could drive, I asked him if she could ride to Wed. night church with him.

"Nope. Can't do it, won't do it. I hope you understand why."

And I did understand.
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I would also. He's my next door neighbor, as well.

He/the church have a policy: No one is alone with a child.

Before my daughter could drive, I asked him if she could ride to Wed. night church with him.

"Nope. Can't do it, won't do it. I hope you understand why."

And I did understand.
I can honestly say I would not. Especially since now we know that priest were told HOW TO cover these things - and none of the stood up with any MORALS and came forward with the information.
Yeah, that's fine. I think you and I are talking about different things - religions - here.
Yeah, that's fine. I think you and I are talking about different things - religions - here.
I have no problem with religious beliefs, my issue is the Catholic church and priest as a whole that has covered this up for decades. According to this AG report, the priest (the ones not accused) were given pamphlets on how to cover the alleged instances up.

I don't think I could trust ANYONE that has been told they are not allowed to be alone with children as you say. Seems like the Church itself doesn't trust their priest.....
i get what you're saying, but i get what arch is saying too.

honestly i dont have a problem with how Arch's church is handling it. instead of even risking the appearance of unethical practices, his church just said straight up, need an adult present.

i get that, because while its not religious specific, we did the same thing down range. we NEVER questioned a muslim woman without another woman present. nevermind the fact that they wouldnt talk to a man period if they were married, but we have that policy for any civilian. somebody always has to be present, no one on one's unless its something like leadership talking to muslim leadership.

i get what you're saying but that would be more specific to catholic churches, that it comes off as a sign that they cant trust the priest to keep their damn hands to themselves.
I'm not catholic.

Maybe that's where my - or 'our' - disconnect came?

As to what Swish is saying. Our, and many churches mind you, policy is flat out common sense, in my opinion.

Not even talking religion here - talking me: Before my daughter, or her friends, could drive, I had a policy: "Yeah, Sooga, you want so and so to come over, and I'm uptown and you're at home. I will come home, get you, and WE will go get so and so".

Not cause I would do anything. Not because any of her friends would accuse me of anything. But just because.

I trust me. The kids trust me. Their parents trust me. (and vice versa), you just can't put yourself in what could possibly be interpreted as a bad spot. At least, I won't.

It's just common sense anymore. Sadly. It has to be that way.
and like anything else, we might hate the policy and/or laws that come about.

but there's a reason why they exist: because somewhere, somebody screwed it up for everybody else.
I'm not catholic.

Maybe that's where my - or 'our' - disconnect came?

As to what Swish is saying. Our, and many churches mind you, policy is flat out common sense, in my opinion.

Not even talking religion here - talking me: Before my daughter, or her friends, could drive, I had a policy: "Yeah, Sooga, you want so and so to come over, and I'm uptown and you're at home. I will come home, get you, and WE will go get so and so".

Not cause I would do anything. Not because any of her friends would accuse me of anything. But just because.

I trust me. The kids trust me. Their parents trust me. (and vice versa), you just can't put yourself in what could possibly be interpreted as a bad spot. At least, I won't.

It's just common sense anymore. Sadly. It has to be that way.

I get what your saying, but we have a history here of REAPEATED offenses, its not trying to avoid an interpretation with the catholic church at this point, its trying to avoid an actual incident.
It's not only priests - friends helping out friends/partners in crime:

'The Clinton-Silsby Trafficking Scandal And How The Media Attempted To Ignore/Cover It Up'

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2...-ignorecover-it
Originally Posted By: gage

I can't listen to him, he's too grating.

For you:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rose%20colored%20glasses
P.S.

Is this accurate? Because it looks like his website makes a lotta money... Check this out:

https://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/https:/www.infowars.com/
‘Just like Superman.’ Father punches ex-youth pastor in child video case, cops say

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article217195730.html

A sentencing hearing for an ex-youth pastor accused of secretly recording girls showering, changing clothes and using the bathroom had been a “pressure cooker of emotions” as his young victims testified for two hours, the Mail Tribune reported.

Then it boiled over.

The father of at least one of the girls leaped over a railing and punched Donald Courtney Biggs, 40, bringing the proceedings to a close, reported KOBI.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
“Full force, just like Superman, it looked like he flew through the air right into him and just punched him,” witness Jacob Elkin told the station.

Today's top news by email
The local news you need to start your day

Enter Email Address

The attack left Biggs curled on the courtroom floor in a fetal position, reported the Mail Tribune.

Biggs, a former youth pastor at Mountain Christian Fellowship in Medford, Oregon, pleaded guilty in February to transporting a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, the publication reported.

Biggs, who admitted to secretly recording the girl, also had been accused of making other recordings of girls in bathrooms at his home, on church trips and at summer camps, the Mail Tribune reported. He faces 10 to 15 years in prison.

At his sentencing hearing Wednesday, girls and their families spoke about the effect his illicit activities had on them, reported KDVR.

After two hours of testimony, an attorney for Biggs began telling the court about daily letters he had written to his four sons from jail when a 45-year-old man who had been sitting with the victims lunged over a railing, reported the Mail Tribune.

The man, identified as the father of at least one victim, punched Biggs in the nose before courtroom security officers separated them, reported KDVR.

Biggs was taken to a hospital. His attacker was arrested on suspicion of assault, disorderly conduct, and obstruction of judicial administration, the station reported. The sentencing hearing will resume Thursday.

Elkin, who said he’s a friend of the man’s family, has set up a GoFundMe page to help pay legal expenses. The page had raised $3,300 toward a $5,000 goal by Thursday morning.

“And of course you know, never really a proponent for violence but I felt like in this situation it brought a little bit of relief to all those girls who’ve been in this situation for years,” Elkin told KOBI.

“For those who have had a hard time with that, I felt like it was a little piece of justice today as harsh as that may sound,” he told the station. “It felt good.”
Quote:
He faces 10 to 15 years in prison.
And will serve 2 and 1/2 for "good behavior". Should be locked up for life, you cannot fix this type of behavior.

Kudos to the dad. I will be making a donation to his gofundme page.
They are priests. Give them Biblical justice. Death is the only way to punish those who harm and molest children.
Former Vatican official claims Pope Francis knew of abusive ex-cardinal, calls for his resignation

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-franci...o-maria-vigano/
the pennsylvania AG was on this morning saying they have evidence to suggest the vatican knew and covered it up.

oh boy.
Betting Pope Francis will be the first pope to take a papal bullit for the church. As if the next pope appointed can stop the cover ups or mend all the pain any better.
the pennsylvania AG was on this morning saying they have evidence to suggest the vatican knew and covered it up.

oh boy.
i mean, we knew that beforehand tho without the AG. You don't spend your life working in the Church that long, that high up, and not know whats going on.
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Betting Pope Francis will be the first pope to take a papal bullit for the church. As if the next pope appointed can stop the cover ups or mend all the pain any better.
One of the few times we agree, although I don't think its a bullet for the church, I truly believe he has known about this, they all have.

ALSO - since you like to criticize others so much, what is a Bullit? Asking for a friend...
Pope Francis is the worst Pope in history. I hope he resigns today.
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Pope Francis is the worst Pope in history. I hope he resigns today.

That would be assuming that previous popes didn't know. Which I find doubtful.
© DawgTalkers.net