Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
I was born and raised Catholic,but this is tough for me to accept. I admit I'm having a hard time dealing with what we've heard.

I'm not sure if my little town fell under Pittsburgh or Greensburg, PA diocese. Really not sure, but I don't ever remember hearing anything about this or anything remotely like this as I was growing up. Granted that was in the 60's and 70's....

The Current Pope has stated his disgust... (paraphrasing)

So maybe he can force the necessary changes.

I'm very sad about it.
I want to ask you an honest question. Do you really think in the bottom of your heart, that the current pope didn't know what was going on?

he has been with the church for how long?

I am going to let you in a little secret, THEY ALL KNEW and THEY ALL KNOW. They passed out pamphlets for crying out loud, telling them how to deal with the priest. To transfer them and use specific wording.

The diocese head stated that he met w/ victims years ago and "thought he had handled it".

I have a feeling this is a known subject, from the top to bottom to cover it up, with direction from the Vatican itself.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: willitevachange
I was born and raised Catholic,but this is tough for me to accept. I admit I'm having a hard time dealing with what we've heard.

I'm not sure if my little town fell under Pittsburgh or Greensburg, PA diocese. Really not sure, but I don't ever remember hearing anything about this or anything remotely like this as I was growing up. Granted that was in the 60's and 70's....

I'm very sad about it.
I want to ask you an honest question. Do you really think in the bottom of your heart, that the current pope didn't know what was going on?

I am going to let you in a little secret, THEY ALL KNEW and THEY ALL KNOW. They passed out pamphlets for crying out loud, telling them how to deal with the priest. To transfer them and use specific wording.

The diocese head stated that he met w/ victims years ago and "thought he had handled it".

I have a feeling this is a known subject, from the top to bottom to cover it up, with direction from the Vatican itself.

We agree on this. I think they covered it all up to avoid the financial losses. I don't think all priest are pedos by a long shot, but if you cover for child abuse, you are no better than the abuser.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I'm very sad about it.

We agree on this. I think they covered it all up to avoid the financial losses. I don't think all priest are pedos by a long shot, but if you cover for child abuse, you are no better than the abuser.
I don't think all priest are pedophiles, but I believe all priest are complicit in this. They were told how to cover this up, and what to do. Any priest that received that "handbook" of how to cover up child rape, and did not come forward and say "hey, we have a problem here", IMO is guilty of aiding and abetting child rape.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

I'm very sad about it.

I don't think all priest are pedophiles, but I believe all priest are complicit in this. They were told how to cover this up, and what to do. Any priest that received that "handbook" of how to cover up child rape, and did not come forward and say "hey, we have a problem here", IMO is guilty of aiding and abetting child rape.

Pretty much. But there are also a whole lot of priests. I have no idea if all were in the loop or saw the pamphlets you are talking about. But if they did, they are complicit.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
catholics already playing damage control.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

I'm very sad about it.

Don't hold your breath Daman. Current Popey did absolutely jack when the Archbishop in Adelaide here in Aus got convicted of systematic cover ups of a tonne of cases of child abuse. The dog held his position for 2 weeks after conviction with silence from the hierarchy and only stepped down after a swathe of national outrage culminating in comment from the Prime Minister. Finally he saw sense.

We've had a royal commission here, the aftermath continues as more stories come to light. So many suicides from victims of this abuse. Our highest ranking Catholic is next up. Dude works at the Vatican now and is like, number 5 or something to the Pope. He's in the dock with charges to answer on cover ups and abuse he allegedly administered. Rotten to the core.

#gmstrong
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Pope on Pennsylvania sex abuse report: We abandoned the little ones

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/20/europe/pope-francis-letter-sexual-abuse-intl/index.html

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
"Looking back to the past, no effort to beg pardon and to seek to repair the harm done will ever be sufficient. Looking ahead to the future, no effort must be spared to create a culture able to prevent such situations from happening, but also to prevent the possibility of their being covered up and perpetuated."
Sounds too me like an admission that they covered it up.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Quote:
"Looking back to the past, no effort to beg pardon and to seek to repair the harm done will ever be sufficient. Looking ahead to the future, no effort must be spared to create a culture able to prevent such situations from happening, but also to prevent the possibility of their being covered up and perpetuated."

and you know what sucks? if the pope, as well as the past ones knew about it, but didnt do anything but transfer them somewhere else, he'd be indicted.

but because the vatican might as well be its own separate country, nothing will ever happen. the church is that freaking powerful.

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
I am conscious of the effort and work being carried out in various parts of the world to come up with the necessary means to ensure the safety and protection of the integrity of children and of vulnerable adults, as well as implementing zero tolerance and ways of making all those who perpetrate or cover up these crimes accountable.

God forbid (pun intended) they turn them into the police.....

You see, that's the problem, they think a simple repentance is all that should take place for these priest, and all is forgiven, put him back to work......

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Swish
Quote:

and you know what sucks? if the pope, as well as the past ones knew about it, but didnt do anything but transfer them somewhere else, he'd be indicted.

but because the vatican might as well be its own separate country, nothing will ever happen. the church is that freaking powerful.
I don't think you get to wear the hat without knowing everything that is going on. You don't spend that long highly involoved and not know or hear those rumblings or know about them.

2000 words and not once did they say they were going to work with authorities, hand over any of the priest, or assist with the investigations.

2000 words and all he did was tell his followers to fast and pray. So now the followers are being punished for the priest by having to fast. you cant make this up!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
[quote=willitevachange]
Quote:

He also keeps saying "one suffers we all suffer". Poor choice of words, pallie. Until you are child that is forcefully raped by a grown arse mad, i don't think you can talk about suffering....just a thought.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
the vatican might as well be its own separate country

Vatican City is the world’s smallest fully independent nation-state. It is the smallest country in the world. Encircled by a 2-mile border with Italy, Vatican City is an independent city-state that covers just over 100 acres, making it one-eighth the size of New York's Central Park. Vatican City is governed as an absolute monarchy with the pope at its head.

During the period from the 4th century to 1870, the Vatican gained control of territory around Rome and served as capital of the Papal States. In 1929 Vatican City's independent sovereignty was recognized by the Fascist Italian government in the Lateran Treaty.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
Matthew 18:6
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Matthew 18:6
"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
did you know the hung crosses around the necks of the kids to let other priest know which kids were "desensitized" to abuse? Great times at the church, great times......

I ask those who are still supporting the church an honest question - Would you right now today, leave your child or grandchild alone with your priest?

Legend
Legend
I would. I am also not Catholic, and have known our minister since he was a child, and even watched him in the Church nursery when he was little.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
A
Legend
Legend
A
I would also. He's my next door neighbor, as well.

He/the church have a policy: No one is alone with a child.

Before my daughter could drive, I asked him if she could ride to Wed. night church with him.

"Nope. Can't do it, won't do it. I hope you understand why."

And I did understand.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
I would also. He's my next door neighbor, as well.

He/the church have a policy: No one is alone with a child.

Before my daughter could drive, I asked him if she could ride to Wed. night church with him.

"Nope. Can't do it, won't do it. I hope you understand why."

And I did understand.
I can honestly say I would not. Especially since now we know that priest were told HOW TO cover these things - and none of the stood up with any MORALS and came forward with the information.

A
Legend
Legend
A
Yeah, that's fine. I think you and I are talking about different things - religions - here.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Yeah, that's fine. I think you and I are talking about different things - religions - here.
I have no problem with religious beliefs, my issue is the Catholic church and priest as a whole that has covered this up for decades. According to this AG report, the priest (the ones not accused) were given pamphlets on how to cover the alleged instances up.

I don't think I could trust ANYONE that has been told they are not allowed to be alone with children as you say. Seems like the Church itself doesn't trust their priest.....

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
i get what you're saying, but i get what arch is saying too.

honestly i dont have a problem with how Arch's church is handling it. instead of even risking the appearance of unethical practices, his church just said straight up, need an adult present.

i get that, because while its not religious specific, we did the same thing down range. we NEVER questioned a muslim woman without another woman present. nevermind the fact that they wouldnt talk to a man period if they were married, but we have that policy for any civilian. somebody always has to be present, no one on one's unless its something like leadership talking to muslim leadership.

i get what you're saying but that would be more specific to catholic churches, that it comes off as a sign that they cant trust the priest to keep their damn hands to themselves.

- Theodore Roosevelt
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm not catholic.

Maybe that's where my - or 'our' - disconnect came?

As to what Swish is saying. Our, and many churches mind you, policy is flat out common sense, in my opinion.

Not even talking religion here - talking me: Before my daughter, or her friends, could drive, I had a policy: "Yeah, Sooga, you want so and so to come over, and I'm uptown and you're at home. I will come home, get you, and WE will go get so and so".

Not cause I would do anything. Not because any of her friends would accuse me of anything. But just because.

I trust me. The kids trust me. Their parents trust me. (and vice versa), you just can't put yourself in what could possibly be interpreted as a bad spot. At least, I won't.

It's just common sense anymore. Sadly. It has to be that way.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
and like anything else, we might hate the policy and/or laws that come about.

but there's a reason why they exist: because somewhere, somebody screwed it up for everybody else.

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
I'm not catholic.

Maybe that's where my - or 'our' - disconnect came?

As to what Swish is saying. Our, and many churches mind you, policy is flat out common sense, in my opinion.

Not even talking religion here - talking me: Before my daughter, or her friends, could drive, I had a policy: "Yeah, Sooga, you want so and so to come over, and I'm uptown and you're at home. I will come home, get you, and WE will go get so and so".

Not cause I would do anything. Not because any of her friends would accuse me of anything. But just because.

I trust me. The kids trust me. Their parents trust me. (and vice versa), you just can't put yourself in what could possibly be interpreted as a bad spot. At least, I won't.

It's just common sense anymore. Sadly. It has to be that way.

I get what your saying, but we have a history here of REAPEATED offenses, its not trying to avoid an interpretation with the catholic church at this point, its trying to avoid an actual incident.

Legend
Legend
It's not only priests - friends helping out friends/partners in crime:

'The Clinton-Silsby Trafficking Scandal And How The Media Attempted To Ignore/Cover It Up'

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-01-2...-ignorecover-it

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: gage

I can't listen to him, he's too grating.

For you:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rose%20colored%20glasses

Legend
Legend
P.S.

Is this accurate? Because it looks like his website makes a lotta money... Check this out:

https://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/https:/www.infowars.com/

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
‘Just like Superman.’ Father punches ex-youth pastor in child video case, cops say

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article217195730.html

A sentencing hearing for an ex-youth pastor accused of secretly recording girls showering, changing clothes and using the bathroom had been a “pressure cooker of emotions” as his young victims testified for two hours, the Mail Tribune reported.

Then it boiled over.

The father of at least one of the girls leaped over a railing and punched Donald Courtney Biggs, 40, bringing the proceedings to a close, reported KOBI.

ADVERTISING

inRead invented by Teads
“Full force, just like Superman, it looked like he flew through the air right into him and just punched him,” witness Jacob Elkin told the station.

Today's top news by email
The local news you need to start your day

Enter Email Address

The attack left Biggs curled on the courtroom floor in a fetal position, reported the Mail Tribune.

Biggs, a former youth pastor at Mountain Christian Fellowship in Medford, Oregon, pleaded guilty in February to transporting a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity, the publication reported.

Biggs, who admitted to secretly recording the girl, also had been accused of making other recordings of girls in bathrooms at his home, on church trips and at summer camps, the Mail Tribune reported. He faces 10 to 15 years in prison.

At his sentencing hearing Wednesday, girls and their families spoke about the effect his illicit activities had on them, reported KDVR.

After two hours of testimony, an attorney for Biggs began telling the court about daily letters he had written to his four sons from jail when a 45-year-old man who had been sitting with the victims lunged over a railing, reported the Mail Tribune.

The man, identified as the father of at least one victim, punched Biggs in the nose before courtroom security officers separated them, reported KDVR.

Biggs was taken to a hospital. His attacker was arrested on suspicion of assault, disorderly conduct, and obstruction of judicial administration, the station reported. The sentencing hearing will resume Thursday.

Elkin, who said he’s a friend of the man’s family, has set up a GoFundMe page to help pay legal expenses. The page had raised $3,300 toward a $5,000 goal by Thursday morning.

“And of course you know, never really a proponent for violence but I felt like in this situation it brought a little bit of relief to all those girls who’ve been in this situation for years,” Elkin told KOBI.

“For those who have had a hard time with that, I felt like it was a little piece of justice today as harsh as that may sound,” he told the station. “It felt good.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Quote:
He faces 10 to 15 years in prison.
And will serve 2 and 1/2 for "good behavior". Should be locked up for life, you cannot fix this type of behavior.

Kudos to the dad. I will be making a donation to his gofundme page.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
They are priests. Give them Biblical justice. Death is the only way to punish those who harm and molest children.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Former Vatican official claims Pope Francis knew of abusive ex-cardinal, calls for his resignation

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pope-franci...o-maria-vigano/

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
the pennsylvania AG was on this morning saying they have evidence to suggest the vatican knew and covered it up.

oh boy.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Betting Pope Francis will be the first pope to take a papal bullit for the church. As if the next pope appointed can stop the cover ups or mend all the pain any better.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
the pennsylvania AG was on this morning saying they have evidence to suggest the vatican knew and covered it up.

oh boy.
i mean, we knew that beforehand tho without the AG. You don't spend your life working in the Church that long, that high up, and not know whats going on.

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Betting Pope Francis will be the first pope to take a papal bullit for the church. As if the next pope appointed can stop the cover ups or mend all the pain any better.
One of the few times we agree, although I don't think its a bullet for the church, I truly believe he has known about this, they all have.

ALSO - since you like to criticize others so much, what is a Bullit? Asking for a friend...

Last edited by willitevachange; 08/28/18 11:31 AM.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Pope Francis is the worst Pope in history. I hope he resigns today.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: pfm1963
Pope Francis is the worst Pope in history. I hope he resigns today.

That would be assuming that previous popes didn't know. Which I find doubtful.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The Latest: Report IDs over 1,000 victims of priest abuse

Link Copied to Clipboard