DawgTalkers.net
Posted By: EveDawg The Red Wave - 11/03/21 04:57 AM
So two Blue States had elections for Govenor. Virginia has been confirmed to have a GOP winner. And NJ isnt far behind. (Wow)

So voters are leaving the Dems in droves.

I'm interested in hearing your theories why. Because it matters for 2022.

The most grevious complaint I have as a voter with the Dems is CRT and using our school children as political pawns. And the border situation.

I was always going to vote red. But, clearly people are upset in these blue states.

So, what do you think is happening with these elections? What say ye?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 05:21 AM
CRT racism/white guilt in a non-presidential election year. And a damn fine message to the democrats too, especially those two centrist senators. Also, dems never show up in those off years like they do in presidential election cycles. Purple and slightly blue states prove this all the time.

EDIT: BTW good post, good topic.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 05:27 AM
Trump 2024!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 05:39 AM
Thanks.

I can understand why VA voters are mad about CRT and their school drama that has been in the news.

I dont understand NJ at all. I thought they were a hardcore Blue State.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 06:00 AM
People hated Trump and they did not like Biden. Hate for Trump is why Biden won.

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

This happens all of the time in the history of the country. There is a reaction and a retraction from the initial reaction.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Thanks.

I can understand why VA voters are mad about CRT and their school drama that has been in the news.

I dont understand NJ at all. I thought they were a hardcore Blue State.

They elected Chris Christy to a couple of terms, so NJ seems to go red in local elections. Maybe they only rig federal elections?(just kidding)
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 11:43 AM
I think what last year vs last night in Virginia, New Jersey, and the De-fund the Police issues going down big last night is telling us the American people like Trump policies just not Trump and his rhetoric. That sums up Youngkin to a tee.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 12:24 PM
1-Never, never come between a momma bear and her cubs!
(during the last 18 months, thanks to ZOOM schooling, we the people were able to see for ourselves what the Progressives were teaching our children.)

2-In my Virginia, which is strongly Democrat, 65 percent of the citizens believe the country is headed in the wrong direction.
("Lets Go Brandon" became the rally cry!)
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
People hated Trump and they did not like Biden. Hate for Trump is why Biden won.

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

This happens all of the time in the history of the country. There is a reaction and a retraction from the initial reaction.

The gas thing is because RED has been lying about it. Presidents do not have control over gas prices..

The Covid thing is because Trump and his minions Lied about it, tried to down play it. Biden inherited a mess of lies and deceit

No Products on shelves once again, has nothing to do with who ever is president.. That's another RED lie

Educations and History is wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for RED trying to change it

Taxes have not changed,., But should,, I want the wealthy and corporations to pay their fair share... Trump gave it away

We can if you wish, explore each of these but the results are going to be the same,,, Trumpians lie
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 12:43 PM
I think Van Jones pretty much encapsulated what has been happening and "journalism" is at the forefront of the blame.... but too little too late as far as Virginia is concerned.

And this is now trending on social media as a result of the election. Absolutely laughable and cringeworthy.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 12:56 PM
Also, the Red Wave narrative seems like a major stretch at this point. But last night set a tone for both sides.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 01:04 PM
Good question. To be honest, I have no clue when it comes to New Jersey. For VA, though, I think that McAuliffe has been on his heels in the education front for a while now. Youngkin is also one of those conservatives who somehow figured out the sweet spot of getting both Trump and centrist Conservative support.

I think Van Jones is correct too - in what Memphis posted. Democrats on the political front are very annoying, as a whole. They obviously can't get their acts together. They don't seem to have much of a plan, let alone a unified front. They seem entitled to have the moral high ground and don't seem to realize that going against Trump isn't enough to satisfy their constituents. And this is no endorsement of Trump or the Republicans, whatsoever, as everyone in this forum knows where I stand. Honestly, though, it's very annoying. Do more than talk about what you want to do and actually do something, and stop pointing fingers at who you think is bad and start engaging earnestly.

I think Van is also correct in something he mentioned briefly - anti-incumbent. I think that's an undertone that pans the political spectrum. It's pretty obvious that corrupt, career politicians have milked the system for decades now. This is just my belief, but I feel like people see that, get frustrated that nothing gets done and either vote in a fiery outsider, like Trump, or just say "You guys can't get it done, so we're voting in the other side of the coin." Rinse and repeat.

You would hope this will be a wake-up call for Democrats, but I think we'll just see more of the blame game, frustration and disorder.

Edit ~ there was something I was trying to get to, which I couldn't find the words for, but David Axelrod said it in a reply post to the Van Jones one that Memphis posted. The annoyance with the Democrats often comes from the moralizing and self-righteous tone. I think that hit the nail on the head.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 01:12 PM
A Major stretch?

Well I agree with Vice President Harris...

"What happens in the Virginia election will determine what happens in 2022, 2024 and beyond."
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 01:15 PM
Well, I don't think what VP Kamala Harris says is astute, predictive, or overall legitimate. It was a campaign comment to scare people and create votes.

Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 01:23 PM
Well said... and great topic, Eve.
Posted By: FATE Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 01:46 PM
In a nutshell? People are tired of blatant hypocrisy. People are tired of the narrative from the left that all white people are bad, anybody with any money is a slave-driving crook, we're all stupid and need to be "re"educated, etc, etc... And when I say "left", I 100% (not 99.9) mean the left dominant media. Smug, self-righteous, do-no-wrong fools, that take every opportunity to belittle every viewpoint that doesn't stand in lockstep.

Now today they'll be calling everyone racists and alienating even more of their own...

Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 01:54 PM
Maybe my head has been stuck in the sand, but I missed where McAuliffe wore a KKK outfit. If true...yeesh...
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 02:09 PM
There Democratic Governor Ralph Northam done that.
Posted By: Milk Man Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 02:58 PM
j/c...

Interesting. A dem governor wins re-election for the first time since 1977 in New Jersey, but dems get smashed in the rest of the of state.

Dave Wasserman
@Redistrict
Had the Lakewood Vaad endorsed Ciattarelli (R) instead of Murphy (D), we could be looking at a very different #NJGOV race right now. Results in Lakewood, NJ:

2020: Trump (R): 30,648, Biden (D): 6,397
2021: Ciattarelli (R): 11,644, Murphy (D): 7,112

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1455908762242461700
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 03:06 PM
Ineffective Dems
Corporate donor bootlickers
Neoliberals
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 03:42 PM
And unless the democrats actually get something done it will only get worse. Right now they can't seem to get out of their own way. Most of the voters that decide elections are those in the middle. They aren't really Republican or Democrat. Mostly suburban voters. They aren't far left progressives either. Some claim these voters should be abandoned according to their logic. That's what costs the democrats. As I said, they can't get out of their own way.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 04:21 PM
M4A is good
Free college polls well too
Research your claims Pit
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 04:49 PM
There is no Red, there is no Blue. There are sides, but sides with colors are not permanent. Falling for the trap of assigning colors to sides already shows the following of the propaganda and the inability to have free discussion.
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 04:56 PM
What got Joe elected beside the possible cheating was that he was suppose to unite the Country. Donald Trump's flaw was he was divisive and it turned off Independents. They went in Joe in large numbers last year. So what has happened since. Joe and the Democrats have went radically left and have been just as divisive as Trump just completely on the other side. CRT is not mainstream it is divisive. Cancel culture is divisive, piting people against each other with masks and vaccines are divisive. Youngkin tapped into uniting citizens against divisive left wing programs without interjecting the Trump like divisive right wing narrative.

Couple that with all the other ineffectiveness of the Democrats the worst President in our history inflation, rising gas prices, rising food prices, supply chain issues, the border crisis, Afghanistan debacle, and the fact he did not even attempt to unite the Country. Joe and the Democrats have a real problem on their hands. Looks like the Republicans have solved their internal struggle between RINO's and Trump. Youngkin showed the way adapt Trump policies but not the Trump rhetoric. Democrats have their own internal struggle be moderate like Manchin and Sinema and how all Democrats run campaigns or be progressive and alienate the independents.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by RocketOptimist
Ineffective Dems
Corporate donor bootlickers
Neoliberals

There's a severe flaw in what you said.

Your second line is 8 syllables.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 05:08 PM
Some of the undertone points in your post I believe are correct, but holy cow the hyperbole makes it almost indefensible. It appears to be a regurgitation of shallow rhetoric often seen in echo chambers on the far right. There's no shortage of things to bash Biden and Democrats for, but to lead with the worst president in our history, among other things, you're hurting the own point you are trying to make.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 05:58 PM
The actual flaw in his post is that he can't seem to read election maps. All the suburban areas that were heavily blue in 2020 for both Virginia and New Jersey turned red last night. He seems to put more weight in polls than the who and where people change their votes between the two parties and how that change had such great impact on those two elections. I look at actual results. They're what tells the story.

There are certainly some heavy progressive areas. There's certainly a heavily progressive leaning among young people. I think within the next 10 to 20 years they will control things. But that's certainly not the reality of what's happening now. All I'm trying to do is get them to realize that. But if the election maps of last night compared to those same maps in 2020 doesn't convince them, nothing will.

Yes, there were other factors. But let me show you that even the most liberal of sources agrees that the sudden shift in suburban voters played a huge part.

A bad omen for Democrats and 4 other election night takeaways

2. The suburbs are still swing areas

During the presidency of Donald Trump, the suburbs shifted toward Democrats. They took over the House in 2018, for example, largely because of their wins in center-right-leaning areas.

As a result, many thought college-educated suburbanites might be permanently in Democrats' camp.

But Tuesday night's results in both states showed that's not quite the case.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/03/1051713890/election-analysis-virginia-new-jersey-democrats

Complete article at the link but the suburban swing vote was point 2 of the 4.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 06:16 PM
I'm not going to try to cherry pick your post except to remind you that the whole "cheating aspect" has proven to be false over and over again. But I will remind you that what the democrats are trying to pass that you call "radically left" is the exact platform Biden ran on during the election. So people knew what they were voting for.

However, where we agree is that many people weren't actually endorsing his platform per say. They chose the "anyone but Trump" option. What people vote on is their pocketbook. And right now that's not a good look for democrats.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 06:33 PM
I have never seen a progressive lay out the national education curriculum and shove it up GOPer parents asses... Although it would be funny to see. Hate rhetoric seems to be all you have, what a sad existence. You should embrace your inner progressive, you would increase your IQ by 20 points from jump.

EDIT - He knew I wouldn't let that go.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 06:46 PM
How did the democrats let this happen??? They are masters at stealing elections! rofl rofl rofl
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 06:50 PM
I'm glad you're on their side.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/03/21 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Also, the Red Wave narrative seems like a major stretch at this point. But last night set a tone for both sides.

Don't think for a moment that Dems didn't feel last night was like a canary in the coal mine. That canary died, turned to dust and blew away... GOPers stole the night with their race baiting CRT hate, and the usual heavy dose of fear mongering. Not surprised the lemmings and hooples are running off the red cliff in droves, while the eyerolling dems who never get off their ass and go vote in off year elections just sat at home and let Virginia turn red. And Youngkin's milder than Trump yet the same rhetoric and spiel could be very dangerous... but I think he just used those words for the Trump base because he never mentioned it in his victory speech. Time will tell if Virginia got an actual conservative or a Trump acolyte. If he goes after voting rights, abortion, immigration, CRT, LGBTIQQ rights... well enjoy your version of the Handmaid's tale Virginia. Texas isn't loving theirs. And hardcore GOPers can't see the backlash building. 2024 will be a completely different story, especially if Trump is the red fascist nominee.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

The gas thing is because RED has been lying about it. Presidents do not have control over gas prices..

The Covid thing is because Trump and his minions Lied about it, tried to down play it. Biden inherited a mess of lies and deceit

No Products on shelves once again, has nothing to do with who ever is president.. That's another RED lie

Educations and History is wouldn't be an issue if it weren't for RED trying to change it

Taxes have not changed,., But should,, I want the wealthy and corporations to pay their fair share... Trump gave it away

We can if you wish, explore each of these but the results are going to be the same,,, Trumpians lie

LOL stop protecting Biden. You don't know him and he's not your friend or your family member. He is the head coach of the United States. His job is to get stuff done or get fired.

Also, the rest of it was exactly my point. Biden got elected because people hated trump so much... not because they liked Biden or thought he would be a good President.

people are pissed because:
Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

they take it out on politicians the same way football fans take out their anger with an 1-16 season
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 05:55 AM
Interesting how a Republican won in Virginia, and no conservatives are whining about voter fraud.

Guess it’s only fraud if you lose.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 08:33 AM
This is interesting.

Maybe not a red wave.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by Swish
Interesting how a Republican won in Virginia, and no conservatives are whining about voter fraud.

do you repeat every Insider article you read?

The Republicans were and are going to send more and more poll watchers to voting places because they think that's what won Virginia and that is why there was less voter fraud.

https://wamu.org/story/21/11/01/amid-scrutiny-va-election-officials-say-voting-is-secure/
Virginia Election Officials Say Voting Is Safe And Secure, Despite Fraud Claims
‘We are very much under intense scrutiny’

https://time.com/6113227/republicans-poll-watchers-virginia/
Poll Watchers Flood Virginia as GOP Raises Doubts About 'Election Integrity'

the office has been inundated with GOP poll watchers, who signed up in unprecedented numbers this year to observe voting in the state’s Nov. 2 election, says the city’s director of elections, Christine Gibbons. “We feel like we’re being harassed and hindered in being able to do our daily work,” she says.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chris-hurst-tampering-campaign-signs-polling-police-video
Virginia Dem caught tampering with voting site gets earful on 'fair elections' from police officer

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-youngkins-win-proves-virginia-had-election-fraud-problem-1645721
Trump Says Youngkin's Win Proves Virginia Had an Election Fraud Problem
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 01:17 PM

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

LOL stop protecting Biden. You don't know him and he's not your friend or your family member. He is the head coach of the United States. His job is to get stuff done or get fired.

Also, the rest of it was exactly my point. Biden got elected because people hated trump so much... not because they liked Biden or thought he would be a good President.

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

they take it out on politicians the same way football fans take out their anger with an 1-16 season

I will kill ObamaCare: He failed
I will Make Mexico PAY for the wall: He failed

Trump said that,, he couldn't get it done,,, Even with a Republican controlled congress on his side... So grow up

and by the way I'm right about what I posted... You can't prove me wrong,, But you can keep posting BS if you like

Oh,, The Red Wave didn't work out so well in NJ....
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 01:39 PM

The Republicans were and are going to send more and more poll watchers to voting places because they think that's what won Virginia and that is why there was less voter fraud.

https://wamu.org/story/21/11/01/amid-scrutiny-va-election-officials-say-voting-is-secure/

the office has been inundated with GOP poll watchers, who signed up in unprecedented numbers this year to observe voting in the state’s Nov. 2 election, says the city’s director of elections, Christine Gibbons. “We feel like we’re being harassed and hindered in being able to do our daily work,” she says.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chris-hurst-tampering-campaign-signs-polling-police-video
Virginia Dem caught tampering with voting site gets earful on 'fair elections' from police officer

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-says-youngkins-win-proves-virginia-had-election-fraud-problem-1645721

again. nobody whining about voter fraud because you won. what if you did all that and still lose? you honestly think these crazies wouldnt be whining about a rigged election? stop it. you say im repeating whatever insider article i see, yet every one of your post sound like infowars or tucker carlson nonsense.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:08 PM

again. nobody whining about voter fraud because you won. what if you did all that and still lose? you honestly think these crazies wouldnt be whining about a rigged election? stop it. you say im repeating whatever insider article i see, yet every one of your post sound like infowars or tucker carlson nonsense.

Actually, I was presenting facts as to why Republicans are not calling for fraud and quoted articles.

My posts only sound like that because you choose them to vs reading the words that I type.

Apparently, you have politically segregated me as I am not "you".
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:14 PM
well when you respond like that, how else am i suppose to take it?

and my original post wasnt even directed at you. but the republican voters were whining about a rigged election before election. Trump was already whining about that.

so i dont understand why you got the audacity to get mad at the FACTS i posted. because again, its only a fair election if they win, but its voter fraud when they lose.

if you honestly dont think it wouldve gone down like that, then you're clearly the one not paying attention.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:17 PM

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

Gas
Covid
Unemployment
No products on shelves
Inflation
Education and history
Taxes

I will kill ObamaCare: He failed
I will Make Mexico PAY for the wall: He failed

Trump said that,, he couldn't get it done,,, Even with a Republican controlled congress on his side... So grow up

and by the way I'm right about what I posted... You can't prove me wrong,, But you can keep posting BS if you like

Oh,, The Red Wave didn't work out so well in NJ....

WHO CARES ABOUT TRUMP!?!? He is not the President

You should be embarrassed by your reading comprehension skills.

All I have said was the reason biden won was that everyone hated trump so much (clearly you are a great example). not because people believed biden would do a good job.

So... now peope are pissed because

gas prices are up
covid
unemployment issues
no products are available in stores for purchase
rapid inflation is happening
the people are upset about history and education
people are pissed about taxes

therefor; they take it out on the politicians in office.

You are trying to blame trump and your hate is so blinding you can't even read what people are saying.

I could care less how the red wave worked in NJ.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:22 PM
jesus christ.

i dont even want to go through the rest of this nonsense.

but you guys are out here whining about gas prices after telling us for years that no president can effect it.

but the moment somebody you dont like is in office......

and by the way, is this NOT the consequences of being energy independent? we dont get all of our cheap oil from Saudi and their borderline slave labor. being energy dependent now means you have to pay american workers what their actually worth.

and the last time i checked, you conservatives specifically told us that if corporations have the increase the wages, then the cost of goods and services are gonna rise as well.

does that not apply anymore? one of you conservatives gotta explain it to me. cause it seems like the standard changes based on who yall like and dont like. help me help you.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:25 PM
I am watching CNN and MSNBC claiming it was racism that elected Virginia's Governor.

Education was "Code" for white people don't want race taught in school.

I say ok, keep believing that crap.

See Y'all in in '22 thumbsup
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:30 PM
its been made very clear that you guys want propaganda taught, not actual history.

good, bad, ugly. history is history. its crazy how Germans dont run from their history, but conservative americans treat this country like one big HOA; as long as we dont talk about it, it will go away.

sad.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:36 PM
No.

We believe in equality of the races but we don't believe teaching kids to hate their own skin color is the way to do it.

The Left should change their ways and try building people up instead of tearing them down.

Maybe after '22 they will.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:37 PM
no one is teaching kids to hate their skin color.

good lord you guys just regurgitate false narratives.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:44 PM
Not if you live in a bubble I guess, but I live in Virginia and have been reading and learning about CRT for a year now. tsktsk
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Not if you live in a bubble I guess, but I live in Virginia and have been reading and learning about CRT for a year now. tsktsk

oh well this should be good.

directly state how the education system in virginia teaches kids to hate their own skin color.

i dont want vague nonsense either. get to the nitty gritty so we can discuss it.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:52 PM
CRT in school
40 this does not exist
Bring some facts next time
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:54 PM
Not in a bubble it doesn't.

Try reading more.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:56 PM
I don't have time to teach you. Gotta get dressed for a luncheon with the new Governor Elect.

Teach you in '22
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 02:57 PM
Educator me
You are a person lying
What brought you back here?
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 03:04 PM
Educator me
You are a person lying
What brought you back here?

WHA?
Somebody on here said you were a bot!
Tell me, what color is this...X

Gotta run.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 03:06 PM
40 is afraid
Please state some proof next time dude
Or we can make bets
Posted By: Damanshot Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 04:02 PM

and my original post wasnt even directed at you. but the republican voters were whining about a rigged election before election. Trump was already whining about that.

so i dont understand why you got the audacity to get mad at the FACTS i posted. because again, its only a fair election if they win, but its voter fraud when they lose.

if you honestly dont think it wouldve gone down like that, then you're clearly the one not paying attention.

That's what Republicans do since Trump came along.. "Set the table politics". Before the elections, they cry about elections being rigged.. That's setting the table for complaints after the election. Trump and his minions couldn't stay relevant if it weren't for this type of action.

Caution: Reds lost in NJ... My guess, they will begin asking for recounts in 3...2...1...

Oh,, was wondering,, did any of you Trumpians and Q lovers happen to see JFK Jr in Dallas? Just wondering
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 04:16 PM
Just wish to see facts
Wonder why they never show
Election fraud right
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 04:19 PM
We should hire some ninjas for an audit.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 05:16 PM
Here's the difference. Asking for a recall in a very close political race is a legitimate thing to do because of the margin for error. States actually have certain margins that call for a mandatory recount if they're very close. Here is a breakdown of it by state.

Vote margins required for election recounts, 2020

https://ballotpedia.org/Vote_margins_required_for_election_recounts,_2020

So asking for a recount isn't the same thing as claiming there was mass voter fraud based on crazy conspiracy theories.

Have no idea why the link isn't highlighted. I guess you'll need to copy and paste to see it.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 07:20 PM
Congrats Democrats! You were able to steal the New Jersey governors race!
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 07:26 PM
[Linked Image from cdn.creators.com]
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 07:29 PM
Those darn thiefs with their lawful voting and whatnot...
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 07:29 PM
GOP. The Party of Parents!
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 07:51 PM
So two Blue States had elections for Govenor. Virginia has been confirmed to have a GOP winner. And NJ isnt far behind. (Wow)

So voters are leaving the Dems in droves.

I'm interested in hearing your theories why. Because it matters for 2022.

The most grevious complaint I have as a voter with the Dems is CRT and using our school children as political pawns. And the border situation.

I was always going to vote red. But, clearly people are upset in these blue states.

So, what do you think is happening with these elections? What say ye?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by SuperBrown
Congrats Democrats! You were able to steal the New Jersey governors race!

Remember people, Brandolini’s Law.
Don’t bother engaging with Super’s factless trolling.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 08:16 PM

They all whine. # Hillary, algore and that fat lady in Georgia. Many many more.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

Fat lady in Georgia? Well played. Pfft.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 08:38 PM
I hadn't heard of that before you had mentioned it. It holds true when looking at a lot of the exchanges.
Posted By: MemphisBrownie Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 09:17 PM
[Linked Image from cdn.creators.com]

I know this is only a Browns message board and people consume their political info elsewhere (at least I'd hope so, but I doubt it sometimes) but this type of crap does not help a thing. Don't be the OCD of the right.

Edit: Nevermind. Actually, keep it up. After further thought, I need the comic relief from you, Vambo (if he ever comes back), Squire, Pit, Mgh, OCD, bone, Daman, etc. It's not a bad thing having a land of misfit toys on the board.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/04/21 09:30 PM
jesus christ.

i dont even want to go through the rest of this nonsense.

but you guys are out here whining about gas prices after telling us for years that no president can effect it.

but the moment somebody you dont like is in office......
Weird how that works, isn't it? When gas went up under Bush 2 the libs were going cray cray about "Bush and his big energy buddies" getting rich.
and by the way, is this NOT the consequences of being energy independent? we dont get all of our cheap oil from Saudi and their borderline slave labor. being energy dependent now means you have to pay american workers what their actually worth.
I don't know about slave labor in SA. I will say this though, about the U.S.: Have you seen inflation here? I have. Tremendous, for groceries, for gas, for insurance, for appliances (if you can even get them - have a refrigerator ordered for 6 months, still not made). I don't know about there, or where you live, but shelves are getting empty around here. Not "Oh my God" empty, though.
and the last time i checked, you conservatives specifically told us that if corporations have the increase the wages, then the cost of goods and services are gonna rise as well.
See my last paragraph. If you haven't seen prices go up, I want to move to your area.
does that not apply anymore? one of you conservatives gotta explain it to me. cause it seems like the standard changes based on who yall like and dont like. help me help you.
Seems like that applies both ways, in reality.

Now, my reply to you was in good faith, as in, you really wanted a true discussion. If I am wrong, I apologize.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 12:03 AM
Yes, inflation is high right now. Multiple factors causing it. But it's nothing like the 70s, that's a false narrative being spread by the right. Also, groceries started going up while Obama was in and kept right on under Trump and now Biden. From putting less into containers to inching up the prices, corps are making sure they bleed working Americans dry... THAT IS WHY WE DON'T NEED A SOCIAL SAFETY NET, so corps can do this kind of crap. Also, just a reminder, Trump closed down the economy for several months creating a lot of what we see now as an unintended consequence... And I'm no knocking him because that lockdown was probably the only thing he got right in fighting the pandemic.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 12:16 AM
Inflation is NOT a false narrative. Period. It's here.

Corporations are bleeding Americans dry? Try inflation is. Jobs available out the wazoo, also. Can't fill them. Why?

Trump closed down the economy? Covid ring a bell? You have been one of the most active belly achers around about how Trump mishandled covid. No vaccine. He didn't shut the economy down, governors did.

I often times wonder what world you live in. Because it's not this one. Your memory is shot as well.

Edited to add: I thought you had me on ignore? You did, then you didn't, but then you did again. Apparently you don't now?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 12:25 AM
Mo, inflation is not a false narrative, comparing today with the 70s is. It's nothing like the 70s when you were lucky to get gas after waiting in hours long lines. And inflation is caused by rising prices... who raises those prices? No, Trump closed it down to protect the public at large from covid, and again, I think it was the right move. Trump did mishandle covid by lying about it and making it seem like it was a hoax, after he closed the economy... I live in the real-world arch, not sure about you.

And arch, is blatantly apparent that we will never agree on anything politically, nor have a good relationship with each other. So why do you worry so much about everything I post? Stop trying to make me your hobby arch and find a new one. Get off the board and spend time with your wife or something man.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 12:57 AM
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Mo, inflation is not a false narrative, comparing today with the 70s is. It's nothing like the 70s when you were lucky to get gas after waiting in hours long lines. And inflation is caused by rising prices... who raises those prices? No, Trump closed it down to protect the public at large from covid, and again, I think it was the right move. Trump did mishandle covid by lying about it and making it seem like it was a hoax, after he closed the economy... I live in the real-world arch, not sure about you.

And arch, is blatantly apparent that we will never agree on anything politically, nor have a good relationship with each other. So why do you worry so much about everything I post? Stop trying to make me your hobby arch and find a new one. Get off the board and spend time with your wife or something man.

Why do you worry about ME? That's the question. You quit lying, I'll quit responding to you. Deal?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 12:59 AM
You are a laugh a minute. And a liar.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 01:49 AM

Incorrect. You forgot. Again. Imagine that.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

Incorrect. You forgot. Again. Imagine that.

This post made me make this face:

[Linked Image from static.politico.com]

Happy now?
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 05:03 AM
im going to respond in good faith.

so first you need to explain to me where you saw in any of my post that i implied i didnt see the inflation effect here? i just scanned through my own post, didnt see it.

second, i wasnt around this board when bush was president. i dont know half the crap yall discussed back then.

third, im not seeing empty shelves around here. i see all the fat boy snacks being grabbed left and right, but there's plenty of meat, rice, pastas, bread, everything.

but i also don't live in the middle of nowhere, so....

back to the inflation.....what did you expect? gas prices are up around the world bro. everything basically went up because of the pandemic.

but i gotta be real honest, because i know you can't argue this point: could you imagine me driving around and a BMW M6, twin turbo V8, and then turn around and have the audacity to whine about gas prices?

i see Ford Raptors and other high end models of pickup trucks and SUVs that are being used as nothing more than road queens and status. you telling me they didnt know what they were getting themselves into went they bought a vehicle that has at least a 26 gallon tank on it? the main people i see whining about gas prices are the same ones that make the most irresponsible decisions imaginable.

if you that concerned about gas prices, go buy a prius. hell, most of the manufacturers now have hybrid SUV's and fully electric ones. yall out here whining about gas prices...bro thats called tuesday for me.

and here's another counter, arch: that rising inflation didn't seem to stop homebuyers all that much. there were a few hits, but BOY is it a sellers market right now. also, other factors have taken over, such as digital currencies and the fact that people can make money running a pc all day cryto-mining.

also, lets not forget the bottleneck at the ports right now. looking into it instead of listening to the hysteria, i know know the main reason all those cargo ships at still in the sea: not enough truck drivers to pick up the goods. well, why do we not have enough truck drivers? oh thats right, a lot of them said 'screw that job' cause. they were not getting paid what they're worth.

how is the government gonna solve that? Arch, would you suggest the the government step in and force corporations to starting paying out higher wages?

because guess what the free market decided a while ago? yea, lets just squeeze these workers as much as we can, not raise wages, and then lobby government to make it seem like the only solution is the lower taxes. then after we get the taxes lowered, we're bolting over to China anyway cause MONEY.

thats what the free market did, arch. do you disagree? if not, what's your solution? cause i see a bunch of labor strikes across the country that ALSO is affecting the cost of goods right now. people around the country are striking because of crap pay and little to no benefits.

whats the free market solution to that? vietnam? taiwan?

you already know the answer to that...

and THEN after all that, we go back to my post. if we combine that with the DESPERATE need to be energy independent and what not, this is a natural consequence of that. you gotta pay people what they're worth. you have to give them benefits. you can't just buy cheap oil from the middle east anymore.

you used to say all the time that if businesses are forced to pay people more, then consumers have to be ok with paying higher prices.

so im trying to figure out what happened to that? did you swap it up the moment the guy you dislike won the election?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 05:16 AM
Insurrectionist?
Where were you on Jan 6th, dude?
You took some time off
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 11:34 AM
And inflation is caused by rising prices... who raises those prices?

What, not who raises prices.

My answer is economic forces, highly influenced by government actions and policy.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 11:56 AM
Add greedy CEOs price gouging and we will be 100% in agreement.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

My answer is economic forces, highly influenced by government actions and policy.

But today in 2021 - globally - is there an underlying causation for all of the influences pushing prices higher? ...... Maybe? ..... possibly something dramatic that has impacted every country on earth and every supply chain? .... I bet if you really take a moment to think hard, you might come up with something that is outside of Government control and the root cause of the inflation bubble we see. And it wouldn't/doesn't matter who the hell was in the WH.

I'll add - I work in the construction industry. Literally every manufacturer and contractor I know is making record profit or on target profits, while many are lagging their target sales/turnover. Hmmmm - record profit on less business. Is that something you want to regulate?
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 01:10 PM
Add greedy CEOs price gouging and we will be 100% in agreement.

And add that those greedy CEO’s and their corporations should pay their fair share of taxes compared to the tax rate the rest of us pay and I’m 100% onboard as well.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 01:13 PM
Trying to stay on topic again.

After further thought on why the Republican was elected in Va...

It looks to me like what is left of Common Sense Democrats in this state came together with the Republicans to get this done.

Common Sense is returning to America. thumbsup
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

Nothing like Trump and his merry band of losers in 2020. Even when they get the hell beat out of them in an election they accuse someone of stealing it and they still are. It's like watching a three year old throw a tantrum at Walmart.

Last time I checked none of the supporters of the people you mentioned tried to violently stop election results from being ratified. Murica!
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 05:59 PM
Common sense coup dude?
What are your thoughts on 1/6?
Will you answer this?
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by mgh888

But today in 2021 - globally - is there an underlying causation for all of the influences pushing prices higher? ...... Maybe? ..... possibly something dramatic that has impacted every country on earth and every supply chain? .... I bet if you really take a moment to think hard, you might come up with something that is outside of Government control and the root cause of the inflation bubble we see. And it wouldn't/doesn't matter who the hell was in the WH.

I'll add - I work in the construction industry. Literally every manufacturer and contractor I know is making record profit or on target profits, while many are lagging their target sales/turnover. Hmmmm - record profit on less business. Is that something you want to regulate?
I generally agree with your statement that there are a lot of things that aren't nearly as impacted by the WH as people like to think they are. It's just funny to watch the red side/blue side selectively apply it based on who is in the WH at the time. I remember in 2004/5ish coming out of the tech bubble bursting and 9/11 when the economy really started going strong and gas prices were going up how many dems (not just keyboard jockeys on here but legitimate dems in the media and in power) floated the idea that W was driving it to make his oil buddies rich(er). Then gas prices went up under Obama and they are going up again under Biden and those exact same people are saying it's the economy and supply chain issues and there is nothing the President can really do about it. In fact when they went up under Obama some did kind of give him credit for it saying it was his way of forcing his renewable energy platform. (but they were using it as a positive)

I also work in construction, prices are ridiculous but so are the labor shortages.. I work in consulting so we don't buy "material", we get paid for our time. We are making record profits on what is considered normal revenue growth and it's not mystery why. We are saving hundreds of thousands per year by not travelling as much. Holding virtual meetings instead of flying to job sites. Not sending 2 people to a national conference with airfares, hotels, food, etc. Our office in Raleigh has added 6 people in the last 18 months and our office was at capacity but we are moving to a new office that is half the size and folks are only expected to come in once or twice a week and work from home the rest of the time. We just increased our 401K match, our bonuses are bigger than ever... good times.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 06:36 PM
Actually some of the discussions we had about the causations of higher fuel prices in the early 2000's taught me a lot about the topic I never knew before. It's one of the very things that taught me to research topics more. For that I thank you.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 07:34 PM
It's always very interesting to see the "who" driving the discussion, not the actual "why."

If you (general you, not you specifically) are an engrained Republican/Democrat and the opposite party is in office, and high gas prices, inflation, economic woes, etc. are taking place, it's always their fault. If it's your guy in office, then it's "This isn't something the president controls!"

Predictable to a T.

Individual side note ~ congrats on the business success!
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 07:35 PM
[Linked Image from a57.foxnews.com]
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 09:58 PM
I know it's impossible to keep a detailed track of who says what and when - but I think it's a bit too easy to remember the bizzarro, extreme views expressed by whichever side you want to pick, and then paint the whole of that "group" as having had those sentiments. I think that happens too much. I wasn't living in the USA under Bush - I can't comment to those sentiments. But I don't believe the Govt. has much impact on gas prices and it doesn't matter if that's a Rep or Dem in office. And inflation in 2021 - would not matter who was in office. It is what it is and it is because of Covid and supply chain disruptions.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 10:00 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Inflation is here.

I raised my prices, because my costs and expenses have increased. Absolutely all other businesses have as well. (or, in the case of, say food/groceries, they reduce the amount, while increasing prices).

Goods at ports? I don't feel it's a truck driver thing. I think it's a combination of increased demand (which is odd, since businesses everywhere are hiring. Maybe not the sit at home jobs - but manufacturing jobs/companies are hiring - basically BEGGING for employees.........that show up and work) and lack of ability to unload the ships. Not lack of truck drivers.

Companies ARE paying higher wages, and offering better benefits. That's a good thing, right? But it also demands higher prices for the goods and/or services, which puts those same employees back in the same spot.

Gas station clerks around here can start at $12 an hour. And let's face it, those are not full time jobs. But even THOSE jobs go unfilled. Labor jobs? Paid a lot higher, and THEY can't get filled. 1 particular company around here is starting people off at $30 an hour, WITH benefits (vacation, health care, etc) $60,000 a year, in n.w. Ohio is pretty good money.

I'll just be done. Thanks for your reply.
Posted By: Squires Re: The Red Wave - 11/05/21 11:36 PM

Biden took credit for saving a few pennies on your 4th of July bbq. Now that prices are going up it's suddenly out of his control. If we wants to take credit for the good, then he is also going to get blamed for the bad.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 12:04 AM

Look, I know nothing about this woman and I'm not disparaging her, but there have been black men and women since the beginning of slavery that will take up the cause of the master to help keep other slaves in line. Some hunted runaways, some were overseers, and some were trusted in the big house... the common thread is they all turned on their own people out loyalty to their oppressors. They coined a phrase for this, but I can't remember what it is, maybe somebody could help me out here. And to watch the mind of a bigoted cartoonist create what amounts to uncle toms' cabin in cartoon to stress the point that there are black republicans... like republicans are SOOOOO inclusive and not at all racist... It just screams fascist right-wing propaganda to me, but I'd love to hear what the minority posters on the board think.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 01:17 AM
[/quote]

Look, I know nothing about this woman and I'm not disparaging her, but there have been black men and women since the beginning of slavery that will take up the cause of the master to help keep other slaves in line. Some hunted runaways, some were overseers, and some were trusted in the big house... the common thread is they all turned on their own people out loyalty to their oppressors. They coined a phrase for this, but I can't remember what it is, maybe somebody could help me out here. And to watch the mind of a bigoted cartoonist create what amounts to uncle toms' cabin in cartoon to stress the point that there are black republicans... like republicans are SOOOOO inclusive and not at all racist... It just screams fascist right-wing propaganda to me, but I'd love to hear what the minority posters on the board think.

Early life and education
Sears was born in Kingston, Jamaica and immigrated to the United States at the age of six. Her father arrived with just $1.75 and took any job he could find while also continuing his education.[2] She grew up in The Bronx, New York City.[3] She served as an electrician in the United States Marines.[4] Sears earned an A.A. from Tidewater Community College, a B.A. in English with a minor in economics from Old Dominion University and an M.A. in organizational leadership from Regent University in Virginia Beach, Virginia. [5]

Career
Before running for public office, Sears ran a homeless shelter.[6] In November 2001, Sears upset 20-year Democratic incumbent William P. "Billy" Robinson, Jr. while running for the 90th district seat in Virginia's House of Delegates.[7][8] Sears was the first Jamaican female Republican,[9] first female veteran, and the first naturalized citizen delegate, to serve in the House of Delegates.[10] She challenged Democrat Bobby Scott in 2004 for Virginia's 3rd congressional district seat, but lost,[11] garnering 31 percent of the vote.[4] She was vice president of the Virginia Board of Education and has received presidential appointments to the Department of Veterans Affairs and the U.S. Census Bureau.[12]

In September 2018, Sears entered the race for U.S. Senate as a write-in alternative to Republican candidate Corey Stewart.[13] She received less than 1% of the vote.[14] On May 11, 2021, she won the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor of Virginia on the fifth ballot, defeating second-place finisher Tim Hugo by 54% to 46%.[15]

Lieutenant governor elect
On November 2, 2021, she won the race for lieutenant governor of Virginia on a ticket with businessman Glenn Youngkin, becoming the first black woman elected to a statewide office in Virginia.[16] In her victory speech she said, "When I joined the Marine Corps, I was still a Jamaican. But this country had done so much for me, I was willing, willing, to die for this country.” [17]

Personal life
Sears is married to a Marine Corps veteran with two surviving daughters.[18] She took leave of politics after 2004 to care for a daughter with bipolar disorder. This daughter died in a 2011 car crash along with her two young granddaughters.[18][19] She and her family live in Winchester, Virginia.[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winsome_Sears

Shame on you!
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 01:22 AM
Shame on me? After you rooted Trump on for saying where is his black guy at a rally? lmao. Go put your finger in a light socket, it's like ivermectin for the brain...
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 01:43 AM
damn her resume is stacked!!!! the more i read the more she her resume and background just screams qualified. not gonna lie that seems like a good pick.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 03:26 AM

Red Wave seems a little premature... NJ stayed blue and Trump is losing his grip on GOPer politicians.
Posted By: FATE Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 12:46 PM
damn her resume is stacked!!!! the more i read the more she her resume and background just screams qualified. not gonna lie that seems like a good pick.
Right? If we could read stuff like that more often, we wouldn't even have to look for a (R) or a (D)... at least I wouldn't.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 02:06 PM

That might be one of the worst things you ever wrote on these boards. Just because she happens to be a Black woman that worked her ass off and made something of her self you say she turned on her own people. She should be applauded but that doesn't fit your guilty White guy narrative. You consider yourself the savior of all minorities but hate on a woman like this. pfft.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 04:27 PM
I know you have your mind made up so you won't believe it, but this is from Chris Spear, President and CEO of the American Trucking Associations (ATA). I would think that if anyone would know, he would....

US trucking industry is short by a record 80,000 drivers amid the supply-chain crisis, association head says

The US has a shortage of around 80,000 truck drivers, Chris Spear, President and CEO of the American Trucking Associations (ATA), told CNN Tuesday.

This is a record high, and an increase of roughly 30% from before the pandemic, Spear said.

Like other workers across the US, truckers are quitting their jobs in search of better wages, benefits, and working conditions. The industry has also struggled to hire new staff due to its long hours and prolonged periods away from home.

This has caused havoc in the US supply chain. Coupled with shipping problems and a surge in demand for goods, the lack of truck drivers is contributing to shortages, delays, and soaring prices, affecting products from freezers and computer chips to chicken wings and Coca-Cola.

Ports are also becoming backlogged because there aren't enough truckers to move the cargo.

The Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles are both moving towards 24/7 operations, aimed at easing the supply-chain chaos, but Spear warned that this wouldn't completely solve the problems.

"It doesn't matter if it's a port in LA or Long Beach, or the last mile of delivery from a train to a warehouse in Wichita," he told CNN. "You're going to have to have a driver and a truck move that freight."

The ATA said that if nothing is done to address the trucker shortage, the industry could be down by 160,000 drivers by 2030, CNN reported.

Across the US, around 3.6 million truck drivers were employed in 2019, per data from the ATA. Almost two-thirds of the country's total freight tonnage is transported by truck, it added.

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-needs-truckers-trucking-association-president-says-2021-10

If I recall correctly you were talking about how businesses in your are were unable to fill their job openings even before covid and long before Biden took office.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 04:27 PM
Black Republican = black slave-owner

Politics according the Progressive Left that Democrats should be listening to and giving more influence to.

Yuck
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 04:35 PM
Once upon a time
Not all GOP backwards
Now party of Q
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 04:54 PM
You used to actually post well out thought replies with substance. What happened?
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 05:05 PM
Until things change here
I will only write like this
This is cathartic
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 05:06 PM
Then I guess you will always post that way. Things aren't going to change here.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 05:12 PM
If people won’t read
Why bother with longer post
This way is better
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 05:26 PM
It certainly takes much less effort. And there will always be certain people that never listen when an opposing opinion or belief is posted than what they "feel or believe". But just for consideration I suggest you look at the views on each topic compared to the posts made on each topic. There are obviously more people reading the posts than replying to them. Those are the people I'm more addressing with my posts than those on here posting with their heels dug in. As we can see from one election to the next, there are many voters swayed in either direction and change the party they vote for from one election to the next.

Those are the people looking for information, seeking the truth and open to voting either way. I'm willing to bet some such people are reading but not posting. In those two governors races one race swung by over 10 points and one swung by almost 16 points. That's a lot of people and a lot of votes. I'm not trying to convince you to post the way you used to, but there is just cause to do so if you so choose to.
Posted By: RocketOptimist Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 05:29 PM
Perhaps sometimes yes
Right now leftist me says no
I am not google
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 06:26 PM
You have reading comprehension issues.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/06/21 06:30 PM
You have reading issues as well today. I clearly said I was not disparaging this woman nor knew nothing about her, but pointed out the hypocrisy of the right spreading a cartoon that basically says, "look at our black person"...
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 03:15 PM
Look, I know nothing about this woman and I'm not disparaging her, but there have been black men and women since the beginning of slavery that will take up the cause of the master to help keep other slaves in line.

This is the first line of your post. You say you don't know anything about this woman, and then mention blacks that actively supported slavery. My reading comprehension is just fine.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
Look, I know nothing about this woman and I'm not disparaging her, but there have been black men and women since the beginning of slavery that will take up the cause of the master to help keep other slaves in line.

This is the first line of your post. You say you don't know anything about this woman, and then mention blacks that actively supported slavery. My reading comprehension is just fine.
I wouldn't use the term "supported" so much as survived by doing what they were told, even if it meant punishing, hunting, catching, hurting, or killing other slaves. I in no way inferred black republican = black slave owner, but rather that black republicans hurt the black causes in the same way those house slaves, black overseers, and slave hunting blacks hurt slaves looking to be free. At least that's how it was under Trump and the GOPers... Michael Steele, ex RNC Chair and former Lt. Governor of Maryland said it much better imho:

The push and pull of being a Black Republican in the Trump era

There have always been Black conservatives and Republicans. In the Trump era, being one is a balancing act.

Nov. 1, 2020, 3:45 PM EST
By Michelle Garcia

Michael Steele tried to find his own way to support Donald Trump in 2016.

As the former chair of the Republican National Committee, Steele understood that breaking with his party against its presidential nominee would make waves, to say the least. But it was the "Access Hollywood" tape that pushed him to make the decision.

Steele described the revelation of the 2005 tape featuring Trump making lewd remarks about women as the last straw.

"It just fundamentally went to the core of the individual. That mattered to me, who sits behind the Resolute Desk," he said. "Not just the policies and the tax cuts and the Supreme Court choices, but it matters who makes those decisions, because we've always linked the character of our president to the character of the nation because he — and someday she — is an extension of us to the world."

Steele, who's now a senior adviser for The Lincoln Project, a group of current and former conservatives aligned against Trump's re-election, endorsed Democratic nominee Joe Biden this fall.

"The thinking with Trumpism is if I tell you that Black unemployment under my leadership is the lowest that it's ever been, then you'll ignore it when I tell you your great-grandfather came from a s-hole country," he said, referring to Trump's 2018 comments about immigrants coming to the U.S. from African and Caribbean countries. "If I tell you I've created opportunity zones for your neighborhood, then you'll ignore 'there are fine people on both sides.' If I tell you, 'We've got this great criminal justice bill that reforms the relationship between Black communities and police,' you'll ignore comments that a city like Baltimore, where Black people live, is a place that nobody would ever want to live."

Steele's rejection of Trump may square with that of many of the president's critics, who point to his opposition to the Black Lives Matter movement, his tough immigration policies, his deployment of birtherism as a tool against people of color and several other actions as reasons Black voters — Republican or not — shouldn't support him.

But as political strategist Cornell Belcher told "Into America," there will always be a slice of Black people who identify as politically conservative or Republican.

"We say that Blacks aren't monolithic, but then we want 100 percent of Blacks to vote for — you know, that's just not how any of this works," said Belcher, president of Brilliant Corners Research and Strategies. "And it's not how history's worked. Look, we've had 12, 13 percent of African Americans voting Republican for a long time. I mean, go back to George Bush, go back before then, right? You're going to get a certain percentage of Black people who are going to be Republican."

There has been a lot of focus in the remaining weeks before the election on Trump's gains among Black male voters.

Trump's campaign has been working with the rapper Ice Cube, who has promoted his own Contract With Black America as a platform for the presidential campaigns to adopt. The entertainer's plan includes federal financial oversight, criminal justice reform, the dismantling of Confederate monuments and several other actions. He has gotten backlash for his willingness to work with Trump on a plan to address historic inequalities given Trump's record on addressing racism, including cutting diversity training in the federal government.

Brittney Cooper, an author and professor of gender studies and Africana studies at Rutgers University, theorized that many Black men who didn't vote in 2016 or voted for Hillary Clinton are considering Trump because they are drawn to his expression of masculinity.

"There is a way that Black men have been made to believe that because white supremacy has worked on them primarily by restricting their access to all the spoils of manhood, to the money, to the political power, to even to those sort of, I guess, noble power protecting their women, for a lot of Black men, their racial freedom aspiration is to just be equal with white men, which is to say they want to be patriarchs or male dominant in the way that white men are," she said on the Washington Post podcast "Cape Up" in late October.

While gender expression may be part of it, Belcher said it's also possible that Black voters are simply fed up with feeling taken for granted by the Democratic Party and what some say has been a historically transactional relationship with Black voters.

"One of the biggest knocks of the Obama years was that there were no policy prescriptions for Black people," Belcher said. "Fast-forward: You can't be serious about politics right now, especially on the Democratic side, if you don't have specific policy prescriptions for Black people. That's a victory."

Black Voices for Trump, an arm of the president's re-election campaign, said Trump will focus on bolstering Black businesses, enabling school choice and criminal justice reform and supporting historically Black colleges and universities. His official campaign echoes those promises.

Black men, especially, may have gotten a lot of recent attention for their seeming rise in support for Trump. But some Black conservative women have stood out during the Trump administration as advisers, staffers and staunch advocates, including conservative activist Candace Owens, the social media duo Diamond and Silk and up-and-comers like young conservative activist Nia Moore.

Moore — a student and staffer for Lacy Johnson, who is challenging Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn. — said she will vote in her first presidential election this year and plans to cast a ballot for Trump.

"People can call the president racist if they want to, but the legislation he's put in place has not and will not hurt the Black community in comparison to things that Joe Biden is advocating for or has done," she said. "If the Black community is something that's important to you ... you would know that Joe Biden is not the answer."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/push-pull-being-black-republican-trump-era-n1245701

How can going along with the things in that white paragraph not be construed as bolstering racism?
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 08:02 PM
Maybe TomAto/Tomato, but that's not what that cartoon is saying. The cartoon is making fun of Democrats go-to line of calling everything they disagree with racist, while R's got the first Black Female elected to VA Lt Gov... queue your response was that of black people involved in slavery.

I know that R's (especially fresh off of Trump's term and campaigns) own the more obvious and overt racist behaviors. But what about the Dems, who have done little to nothing substantive for the black community even though you have Biden saying that you're not black if you don't vote for me? Funny enough, the majority of the article you just posted talks about just that.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 08:13 PM
I'm certainly not going to attempt to go down the same path that OCD is traveling. But I will say this, when someone has a running mate such as a president or governor, in many if not most cases it's to draw in a demographic they don't. To increase their voter base rather than actually agree with their running mate. As an example I give you Sarah Palin. And my what a terrible distraction that was for a man I held a great deal of respect for. I'm sure McCain made the mistake of listening to his advisors on her selection. In politics you're only as good as the people you are taking advice from.

And while I won't go so far as say it was the intent, you have to admit from the sound of things among Republicans about this, it does seem eerily familiar to trump saying, "Where's my black friend?" Only just slightly different, "Yeah but we got a black woman elected to a back up job."
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 08:22 PM
This portion of the conversation was kicked off by OCD's response to the cartoon (the first 2 lines I quoted). That's what I took issue with.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 08:23 PM
Trying to stay on topic again.

After further thought on why the Republican was elected in Va...

It looks to me like what is left of Common Sense Democrats in this state came together with the Republicans to get this done.

Common Sense is returning to America. thumbsup

That is completely Blind!!

What does your Red wave do?? if there was one? What does it give you? What would
A THOUSAND ""red"" ""republican"" politicians winning offices get you in the USA??

The Answer is NOTHING!

The reason, they told you, a Republican won, is to keep you in subjection, to keep you in servitude to the system. Open your eyes, anyone who reads this, there is only one way that politics goes,
and that way
is further left. It doesn't matter what people vote, or how many people vote what votes.
Nov. 3. 2020 proved that the people of America have no say, and no representation.

There is only one class, the political class. and the political class, serves it's own interests in two ways
Political rules,
and big business / billionaires money.

And it's all been compromised or coopted by foreign, enemy, interests. So any red wave is a Joke
A Joke
any political discussion in this system, that lies and doesn't listen to votes, whatever, is a joke. Politics has been lost.
the Battle is to stop the holocaust.
Old people, go around and spoke to schools years ago and said

"we can never have another holocaust, because they rounded up and encamped and then murdered all of that speakers family, and only they survived."
Well, they are well on their way to doing it again,
if the bad guys can't be stopped.
and
election results don't stop the bad guys. so no reason to celebrate meaningless election results.
We have to stop the Genocide, and the impending holocaust.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 08:32 PM
I understand. I saw where you actually quoted it for reference in a post above. As per usual my only point is that there is some middle ground a little less extreme than OCD's. And he HATES THAT! wink
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 08:58 PM
saywhat notallthere
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 09:15 PM
It's the fact that the cartoon uses her election to try to say the GOPers are not racists... that's one of the oldest tropes there are... Trump "Where's my black friend" looking around the rally for a black guy he met... smh. And when it comes to black republicans, at least under the current republican atmosphere, yes, they are like just like the black slaves I described. It's anything 'massa' wants with them. But real conservative blacks seem to feel more like Michael Steele. I could be wrong, but that's how I see it from here.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I understand. I saw where you actually quoted it for reference in a post above. As per usual my only point is that there is some middle ground a little less extreme than OCD's. And he HATES THAT! wink

I'm not as extreme as my rhetoric when I'm trying to drive a point home. But I will go where you won't, so I'll give you that.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 09:23 PM
And when it comes to black republicans, at least under the current republican atmosphere, yes, they are like just like the black slaves I described. It's anything 'massa' wants with them.

Revolting
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by oobernoober
And when it comes to black republicans, at least under the current republican atmosphere, yes, they are like just like the black slaves I described. It's anything 'massa' wants with them.

Revolting

Call it what you want. I don't care. That is how I see it. And don't pretend I'm saying blacks can't be conservative and have free will, because they can do both. But you can't rep policies and rhetoric that target your race without being part of the oppression, thereby making you an oppressor. If you can't wrap around that then I can't help you.

Also, that cartoon is nothing but a dog whistle. Hat's off to the lady that won and her outstanding background... She didn't deserve to be part of the "look we have black people too, so we can't be racists" cartoon. That is what triggered all of my thoughts on this, don't forget that bit. I know, it's so revolting that I care... And I'm done arguing about my words on that stupid ass meme.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/08/21 11:36 PM
Watching you Lefties trying to walk back things you have said seems to have become a habit, even at the top in this Nation. tsktsk
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/09/21 12:27 AM
Not walking back so much as explaining, but I can imagine how happy any attack on me makes you feel. It's ok, I still like you but I've never expected any better out of you.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/09/21 12:40 AM
Not walking back so much as explaining, but I can imagine how happy any attack on me makes you feel. It's ok, I still like you but I've never expected any better out of you.

But, you LOVE attacking others. When it's you, posting misleading and at times flat out lies, you go the "well, that's what it said when I posted" route.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/09/21 12:45 AM
40 is the only troll I feel like talking to tonight arch. Have a good evening.
Posted By: archbolddawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/09/21 12:48 AM
If calling you out for your obvious "mistakes" is being a troll, oh well.

When you get faced with facts you don't like, you always go 'troll'. Or, blame me for getting you banned, but see, I don't post the stuff that has gotten you banned. YOU do. So, YOU get yourself banned. But in true you fashion, you blame others for it.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/09/21 12:53 AM
You got me arch. Feel better?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/09/21 11:18 PM
What has the Democratic party actually done for Black Americans in the last 20 years?

- Besides demanding their compliance and vote.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 02:51 AM
I'm tired of the democrats telling other people what to do, my neighbors. My neighbors are too nice, they do not deserve the democrats telling them how to live and standing in the way of my neighbors doing great things that help us all.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 11:47 AM

First, note when I said economic influences and government action, I didn't specify the USA as a singular. It is a worldwide influence.

As for profits and regulation. You only regulate that if communism is your ideal. One also has to define profit. You have percentage profit and you have penny profit. I am not sure which is being used, or maybe both? I don't know. Either way, it doesn't matter.

Too many are out to kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 03:23 PM
Accountability doesn't kill anything.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 03:39 PM
Yes it does. It'll kill the corruption and other shenanigans going on in our govt right now.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 03:49 PM
Okay, you got me. It doesn't kill anything good.
Posted By: Swish Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 06:12 PM
What has the Democratic party actually done for Black Americans in the last 20 years?

ive never felt compliant to the democratic party and obligation to vote for them.

but please tell me what its like to be black and voting. apparently you know way more about it than i do, so educate me, oh wise one.
Posted By: oobernoober Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 07:53 PM
but please tell me what its like to be black and voting. apparently you know way more about it than i do, so educate me, oh wise one.

I don't know, and neither does sbdogg, but apparently Biden does. "You ain't black if you vote for Trump".
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 08:53 PM

ive never felt compliant to the democratic party and obligation to vote for them.

Doesn't really matter Swish... if they have their way, you won't be voting much longer anyway. You will need your pale pedigree to get a ballot.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/10/21 11:53 PM

Doesn't really mtter Swish... if they have their way, you won't be voting much longer anyway. You will need your pale pedigree to get a ballot.

Just an ID... like you need to purchase a gun at a store.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 12:56 AM

Doesn't really mtter Swish... if they have their way, you won't be voting much longer anyway. You will need your pale pedigree to get a ballot.

So, you would have no issue being a poor POC in rural Mississippi where it might be 100+ miles to the nearest license bureau, then trying to get a ride, produce the documents, and get an ID to vote at your expense? Is that the same as a middle class white guy who has a driver's license and car to you? Or do you see some extra steps and just a little obstruction between you and your vote if you are the POC?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 01:11 AM

So, you would have no issue being a poor POC in rural Mississippi where it might be 100+ miles to the nearest license bureau, then trying to get a ride, produce the documents, and get an ID to vote at your expense? Is that the same as a middle class white guy who has a driver's license and car to you? Or do you see some extra steps and just a little obstruction between you and your vote if you are the POC?

well, considering that people in Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota, New Mexico, Idaho, Nebraska, Nevada, Kansas, and Montana do it already... yes. There is also the ability to mail in your ballot as we do with the Census.

fun fact... 89% of eligible Americans have a driver's license. (230 million) which means... almost all eligible voters already have an ID.

another fun fact... you need a government-issued ID to fly on a commercial plane in a few months.

more fun facts... you need an ID/documented proof to collect any type of government assistance or social security.

let's not pretend producing proper documents is obscure or difficult.

Seniors would actually have more difficult of a time voting than this imaginary person in Mississippi that the politicians cooked up...
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 01:20 AM
Republicans always say something like that, then they close down license bureaus, voting stations, etc. to prevent 'certain' people from voting. I don't trust a word they say. When everyone should be able to vote, BS partisan rules should not stop them.
Posted By: EveDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 01:27 AM
Republicans always say something like that, then they close down license bureaus, voting stations, etc. to prevent 'certain' people from voting. I don't trust a word they say. When everyone should be able to vote, BS partisan rules should not stop them.

Libtard fear mongering.
Posted By: SuperBrown Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 02:06 AM
[Linked Image from nevadarepublicanclub.com]
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 02:41 AM

Dems always use minorities as pawns that they never help.

People in Alaska have to arrange a bush plane to pick them up or hike 10+ miles (through bear country) each way to cast their vote.

I don't trust a word any politician says.

You can't close down a mail-in ballot So, there is no reason they can't vote.

Heck, why don't we make it so they can cast their vote online with a photo id at any public library or government office 2 weeks in advance of an election?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 04:08 PM
Do you know what you need to get a photo ID like a drivers license? A birth certificate and recent bills confirming your address. But somehow those same standard aren't good enough for being able to vote. That's just crazy.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 04:11 PM

Libtard fear mongering.

We all understand that's what you call facts now.....

Southern U.S. states have closed 1,200 polling places in recent years: rights group

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-recent-years-rights-group-idUSKCN1VV09J
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 06:19 PM
So you are saying Libtards don't like voting by mail?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 06:29 PM
What does that have to do with what was posted? I'll give you a clue. nothing. Repugnantcans are just making excuses for removing polling locations in poor areas.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/11/21 07:16 PM
Do you know what you need to get a photo ID like a drivers license? A birth certificate and recent bills confirming your address. But somehow those same standard aren't good enough for being able to vote. That's just crazy.

I agree. so, it should be a law... ID or a birth certificate and recent bill confirming your address.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 12:51 AM

Wow! I had No Idea Rural Mississippi was running the economic policy that is ruining the United States!!
Did they have to out maneuver the Black Panther types holding Guns in Philadelphia, on the steps,circa 2016 and demanding no white people go in to the voting place?
or did they just have to get a proper ID while starting in rural Mississippi.

What about the guy on every street USA, does he have to go 100 miles?
What about my neighbor, does he have to go 100 miles, any further than I have to? No, I think he's in the same boat.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 01:03 AM

The Y'alliban are trying to end mail end voting. They are sending their jackbooted thugs to schoolboard meetings, burning books, killing women's reproductive rights, passing ridiculous voting laws, and STILL being the dumbest people on the planet... So, us 'libtards' can only hope voting by mail is still a thing by 2024. It will be very limited or banned in some red states because GOPers don't win if they don't cheat.

Dems in red states shouldn't trust the vote by mail to be counted.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 01:29 AM

Sure they are. Have those and get your ID.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 01:30 AM

The Y'alliban are trying to end mail end voting. They are sending their jackbooted thugs to schoolboard meetings, burning books, killing women's reproductive rights, passing ridiculous voting laws, and STILL being the dumbest people on the planet... So, us 'libtards' can only hope voting by mail is still a thing by 2024. It will be very limited or banned in some red states because GOPers don't win if they don't cheat.

Dems in red states shouldn't trust the vote by mail to be counted.

You know we are called the right for a reason don't you?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 07:26 AM
Yes, because that's where fascism lives on the political spectrum.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 03:34 PM
I suggest if you can't accept the same documentation that is required for a photo ID, maybe some of you and your like minded friends can go to the rural south where the very poor live and volunteer to take them to drivers license locations that are 40, 50, 60 or more miles away. That or keep making excuses why they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 07:18 PM
I suggest if you can't accept the same documentation that is required for a photo ID, maybe some of you and your like minded friends can go to the rural south where the very poor live and volunteer to take them to drivers license locations that are 40, 50, 60 or more miles away. That or keep making excuses why they shouldn't be allowed to vote.
I did a quick Google map of drivers license bureaus in the state of Mississippi and started looking for large spots where there wasn't one. using a point in the middle of that expanse, the longest distance I can find to the nearest place to get a state issued ID card is about 26 miles.

Now 26 miles is still a lot for a person with no real money and no car... but, for the record, I've also stated that I'm perfectly fine with each state having a rolling DMV van or two that goes out and sets up shop in these rural areas for a day or two and does ID verification and distribution on the spot. They could go town to town and get the whole state done easily within a year, then start over next year...

Mississippi is 48,000 square miles, I'm betting that 80% of the population lives within 10 minutes of a DMV... getting to the other 20% isn't all that difficult. If you don't want people to need an ID to vote, fine, make the case... but logistics is a really bad excuse.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 07:33 PM
On one hand you claim that 26 miles is a long way for a person who is poor and has no car. Then you turn around and say logistics is a really bad excuse?

Your idea would be great but the politicians of Mississippi and other southern states have no incentive ti implement such an idea. Trump won Mississippi by a 17.9% margin. Why would Republicans want to make it easier for the remaining 20% to vote?

I'll try posting this yet again for people to see just how much of an effort is being made to close polling locations to create a situation where these very same people must travel further to vote as well.

Southern U.S. states have closed 1,200 polling places in recent years: rights group

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-recent-years-rights-group-idUSKCN1VV09J

Anyone who can't see what's actually going on simply doesn't want to.
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 08:27 PM
On one hand you claim that 26 miles is a long way for a person who is poor and has no car. Then you turn around and say logistics is a really bad excuse?

Your idea would be great but the politicians of Mississippi and other southern states have no incentive ti implement such an idea. Trump won Mississippi by a 17.9% margin. Why would Republicans want to make it easier for the remaining 20% to vote?

Seems to me 17.9% of that 20 percent would also have voted for Trump.

And...

26 miles never seemed too far for the dead to travel to vote Democrat.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 08:31 PM
Seems to me you would stop advocating Republicans making it harder by closing polling locations. But you don't.
Posted By: DCDAWGFAN Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 08:57 PM
Yes, I said both of those things. IMHO, both are true.

I used Mississippi as an example because somebody else brought it up. Republicans probably don't have an incentive to increase voters in those states. But democrats have just consistently dug in their heels that requiring ID is racist because of the people it disenfranchises, and a republican plan to steal elections and blahblahblah.. at no point, that I'm aware of, have they actually offered possible solutions to getting IDs into the hands of legal voters as I described. It has become one of those sticking points that neither side really wants to solve because then it couldn't be used a campaign talking point any more.. It has greater value to them as a point to fight over than an issue to solve... because if they wanted to solve it, it wouldn't be that difficult.

Different, yet related, issue... Based on where the polling places are that have been "consolidated" it is a clear move to influence the number of people who can vote and a clear attempt to make it more difficult for those most likely to vote for democrats to vote. Republicans should be ashamed of themselves for this flagrantly obvious voter suppression tactic. As much as I'm always for states rights, there should be some kind of national review committee to make sure stuff like this can't happen.
Posted By: Ballpeen Re: The Red Wave - 11/12/21 10:22 PM

I am pretty sure all counties have a DMV and most counties aren't 50-60 miles from on end to the other....Just more of your slime.

Just go get the friggen ID..quit making extreme excuses that in the vast majority of cases isn't even a problem..

And to add....you go drive them around if it is so important to you. It isn't that important to me. I certainly won't prevent anyone from voting but I sure as hell am not going to hold someone's hand to see that happens.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/13/21 03:48 PM
Oh I know it's not important to you because it's much easier for you to vote and you like the fact that making it harder for some other people to vote favors your side winning.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 12:26 AM
if only we have voter ID laws this wouldn't happen

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ion/ar-AAQJOmW?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

AS VEGAS (AP) — A Las Vegas business executive whose claim of voter fraud was featured by state Republicans in November 2020 as proof of tainted votes has agreed to plead guilty to a reduced charge of voting more than once in the same election.

Donald “Kirk” Hartle is expected to pay a $2,000 fine and receive the equivalent of one year of probation when he's sentenced, according to a plea agreement filed Monday ahead of his scheduled plea on Tuesday in state court in Las Vegas.

People Born 1941-1979 On Medicare Are In For A Treat This November (Check If You Qualify)
Ad
Comparisons.org
People Born 1941-1979 On Medicare Are In For A Treat This November (Check If You Qualify)
Hartle, 55, had faced two felony charges in a criminal complaint alleging that he used his dead wife’s ballot. Hartle’s wife, Rosemarie Hartle, died in 2017 at age 52.

Hartle’s attorney, David Chesnoff, on Monday called the plea deal fair and said Hartle accepted responsibility for his actions.

Through a spokesman, state Attorney General Aaron Ford declined immediate comment.

The state Republican Party featured Hartle’s account as an example of widespread voter fraud in Nevada, where now-President Joe Biden, a Democrat, defeated then-President Donald Trump by 33,596 of 1.4 million votes cast, or about 2.4%.

Records showed a ballot for Rosemarie Hartle was submitted with a signature that matched Clark County voter records.

State and federal courts in Nevada and other states rejected dozens of election challenges by Republicans and Trump’s presidential campaign, including claims of widespread voter fraud.

Ford, a Democrat, has called voter fraud rare and vowed that his office would not tolerate it.

In an earlier Nevada case, a 53-year-old man was sentenced last July to up to two years of probation for his guilty plea to one felony charge of voting twice — in Benton, Arkansas and in Las Vegas — during the 2016 presidential election.

At least five other people have been convicted in Nevada since 2011 of registration fraud during voter recruitment, and one woman pleaded guilty to trying to vote twice in 2012.

When Hartle was charged, he became the only person currently being prosecuted on voter fraud allegations in Nevada.

Nevada Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, a Republican, said in April that reviews of election fraud claims delivered to her office by the state GOP in March found that some cases were already under investigation but that most were baseless or inaccurately interpreted.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 12:40 AM
Just so I have this clear --- there is another example of voter fraud and it is once again a Republican found guilty of said fraud?

If Hartle submitted more than one vote ... I am not sure why or how requiring ID would make a difference? Presumably he could do whatever he did before - just showing his ID. Fraudulent - but with an ID in hand ?
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 01:13 AM
Just so I have this clear --- there is another example of voter fraud and it is once again a Republican found guilty of said fraud?

If Hartle submitted more than one vote ... I am not sure why or how requiring ID would make a difference? Presumably he could do whatever he did before - just showing his ID. Fraudulent - but with an ID in hand ?

who cares what political party was guilty?

it's still voter fraud and this person should never be allowed to vote again.

If he showed his ID, he wouldn't have been able to vote for his dead wife. He would have only been able to vote for himself.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 01:47 AM

I care. Because there is a fake narrative by one party about mass voter fraud. Rampant voter fraud. How easy and often voter fraud occurs.

The same party that is creating this fake narrative - are the same party that consistently has real voter fraud cases. If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

Someone posted on here the other day how 89% of voters already have ID. As if that was good.... when in fact it means that MORE than 1 out of every 10 people DO NOT have ID. So not only is there not any evidence of mass voter fraud - the idea that requiring ID to vote is no big deal is horse patootie. It means that of the 74 million who voted for Trump - possibly 8 million didn't have ID. Of the 81 million who voted for Biden - maybe 8.9 million didn't have voter ID. . . . . BUT we all know the section of society most likely not to have ID are most likely to vote Dem. So we know exactly why this fake narrative exists.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 01:49 AM

If he showed his ID, he wouldn't have been able to vote for his dead wife. He would have only been able to vote for himself.

Can 17 year olds preregister to vote?
I.D. Requirements at the Polls
If you are registering for the first time or updating your existing voter registration after October 15, 2020, you must appear in person at a polling location to participate in the 2020 General Election. Per NRS 293.5837 at the polling location you must also provide your current Nevada driver’s license or ID card which shows your physical address as proof of your identity and residency. If your driver’s license or ID card does not show your current residential address you will also need to provide proof of residency, such as a:

Utility bill
Bank or credit union statement
Paycheck
Income tax return
Mortgage statement, rental or lease agreement
Motor vehicle registration
Property tax statement
Any document issued by a governmental agency

https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/sos-information/office-facts/faqs-all-division/elections

Requiring ID didn't stop him.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 02:06 AM

Can 17 year olds preregister to vote?
I.D. Requirements at the Polls
If you are registering for the first time or updating your existing voter registration after October 15, 2020, you must appear in person at a polling location to participate in the 2020 General Election. Per NRS 293.5837 at the polling location you must also provide your current Nevada driver’s license or ID card which shows your physical address as proof of your identity and residency. If your driver’s license or ID card does not show your current residential address you will also need to provide proof of residency, such as a:

Utility bill
Bank or credit union statement
Paycheck
Income tax return
Mortgage statement, rental or lease agreement
Motor vehicle registration
Property tax statement
Any document issued by a governmental agency

https://www.nvsos.gov/sos/sos-information/office-facts/faqs-all-division/elections

Requiring ID didn't stop him.

wtf? it was his dead wife not some 17 year old
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 02:10 AM

I care. Because there is a fake narrative by one party about mass voter fraud. Rampant voter fraud. How easy and often voter fraud occurs.

The same party that is creating this fake narrative - are the same party that consistently has real voter fraud cases. If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

Someone posted on here the other day how 89% of voters already have ID. As if that was good.... when in fact it means that MORE than 1 out of every 10 people DO NOT have ID. So not only is there not any evidence of mass voter fraud - the idea that requiring ID to vote is no big deal is horse patootie. It means that of the 74 million who voted for Trump - possibly 8 million didn't have ID. Of the 81 million who voted for Biden - maybe 8.9 million didn't have voter ID. . . . . BUT we all know the section of society most likely not to have ID are most likely to vote Dem. So we know exactly why this fake narrative exists.

I don't care. It's not a fake narrative. both parties do it and neither should be allowed. It seems like you want it to continue because it could potentially hurt your political party's ability to get elected.

I posted that 89% fact and you are misconstruing that fact.

it was 89% of elgible voters had ID's

*the most amount of eligible voters without ID's were senior citizens (who typically vote republican)
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 02:23 AM
Look at the page, that 17-year-old thing was above what I posted and copied by mistake. Formatting and bullets are copy/paste fails too.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 11:56 AM
I don't believe I did misconstrue the stats. 89% of eligible voters don't have ID. So 89% of those that did in fact vote is reasonable.

The idea of mass voter fraud is indeed a proven lie and fake narrative. There is no mass voter fraud. Trump hand picked a commission to dig into it and found .... NADA. Trump claimed it after he lost in a landslide - 89+ court cases and ZERO evidence.

There is no justification for trying to make it harder to vote. It's a false narrative. I am surprised you have bought into this clear and obvious piece of theatrical political theater. Saying "one case of voter fraud is too many" is bogus.

And I do not have a party, despite what you or anyone else wants to assume. I think anyone paying attention to more than the Trump talking points might have realized.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 03:52 PM
So let's change voting laws for something that rarely ever happens and has never been shown to change election results. Many Republican states agree with you. Meanwhile Oregon has had mail in voting for 20 years with no problems proving it works. #fauxoutrage
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 05:03 PM
So let's change voting laws for something that rarely ever happens and has never been shown to change election results. Many Republican states agree with you. Meanwhile Oregon has had mail in voting for 20 years with no problems proving it works. #fauxoutrage

if it's not a problem, why are dems fighting so hard to keep it so you don't need an ID?

It seems the only ones who get caught are the republicans.
Posted By: superbowldogg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 05:09 PM
I don't believe I did misconstrue the stats. 89% of eligible voters don't have ID. So 89% of those that did in fact vote is reasonable.

The idea of mass voter fraud is indeed a proven lie and fake narrative. There is no mass voter fraud. Trump hand picked a commission to dig into it and found .... NADA. Trump claimed it after he lost in a landslide - 89+ court cases and ZERO evidence.

There is no justification for trying to make it harder to vote. It's a false narrative. I am surprised you have bought into this clear and obvious piece of theatrical political theater. Saying "one case of voter fraud is too many" is bogus.

And I do not have a party, despite what you or anyone else wants to assume. I think anyone paying attention to more than the Trump talking points might have realized.

the point is moreseo, why is it not a law?

you need an id to rent an apartment, buy a house, go to school, get a cellphone/gas/electric account, social security, open a bank account, buy a gun, buy drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, or fly a plane.

yet... one of the most important things that control our country... no ID required.

It is concerning that people are fighting like hell to keep it that way.
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 05:32 PM

if it's not a problem, why are dems fighting so hard to keep it so you don't need an ID?

Because the laws being written by the right tend to favor those they want to vote and not favor those they don't want to vote. And you can't see why dems would fight that? rolleyes
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 05:32 PM

So you think asking why someone doesn't see the need to create laws there is proof there is no need for is the problem? And in case you missed it, Texas is a red state. So maybe you should ask Republicans why it is they caught one of their own? Maybe it's because they are more often the one's cheating?

I mean trump tried to get states to stop counting the votes so he would win. What more evidence do you need to see who is really trying to cheat?
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 05:45 PM

you need an id to rent an apartment, buy a house, go to school, get a cellphone/gas/electric account, social security, open a bank account, buy a gun, buy drugs, alcohol, or tobacco, or fly a plane.

yet... one of the most important things that control our country... no ID required.

Simple, voting rights have been zealously protected since the 1960s. The recent easing of state autonomy in voting laws is only the result of no longer holding Jim Crow states accountable for this type of legislation. And the first thing GOPer states did with that autonomy was attack voting rights. This is all a form of Jim Crow 2.0. So, the short answer is we don't want to restrict voting by placing obstacles in the path of voters. I too happen to think all states should have some sort of ID laws at least when registering or actually voting. But I also don't want eligible voters not being able to exercise their voting rights for any reason. It's one thing to not vote because you didn't want to take the time, but another to be denied your right. So dems fight for that right.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Red Wave - 11/16/21 11:40 PM
. . . . BUT we all know the section of society most likely not to have ID are most likely to vote Dem. So we know exactly why this fake narrative exists.
So why don't these democrat voters stop commiting felonies and go get ID, who is stopping them.
Do they take someones ID away when they commit felonies.
Can you explain what "section of society" is most likely not to have an ID because all I can imagine is they are those who commit felonies.
You know like, rape, or arson, or gun crime robberies of convienent stores.

Who are the democrat voters who don't have ID. and who is stopping them from getting ID. What is this non personal decision, that people don't make themselves, that creates this "section of society" and who is this "section of society" without ID's.
and how can you assume they are the "most likely" to vote democrat.

And what does this REd Wave give you anyway! The Red wave is useless.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/17/21 08:08 PM
rofl
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 12:10 AM
Laugh at this then...

GOP defeats Obama-endorsed candidate in deep blue city that Biden won handily in 2020

Republicans say their victory is part of a 'red wave'

Endorsements from former President Obama and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn in reliably blue Columbia, South Carolina, were not enough to push the city’s Democratic mayoral candidate over the finish line.

Republican Daniel Rickenmann, a businessman and Columbia city council member, defeated Democrat Tameika Isaac Devine 52% to 48% on Tuesday night in Columbia, which sits in a county that President Biden carried by almost 40 points in 2020.

Among the topline numbers, according to USA Today/Suffolk University, are a 37.8% approval rating for Biden with a 59% disapproval – more than 21 points underwater. Forty-six percent of those included in the survey said Biden has done a worse job than expected, and 64% said they don't want Biden to run for reelection.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gop-defeats-obama-endorsed-candidate-deep-blue-city-biden

"The Woke" Awaken! thumbsup
Posted By: FATE Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 12:15 AM
Yeah, but Tameika Isaac Devineis a black woman, so obviously this victory is #becauseracism
Posted By: 40YEARSWAITING Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 12:23 AM
The Democrats held that mayors position for 30 years. This is big!
Posted By: Day of the Dawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 12:42 PM
You know I can remember a time that I though Bill Maher was a nut job. Now he is as close to being the most rational Democrat there is!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 01:27 PM

Simple, voting rights have been zealously protected since the 1960s. The recent easing of state autonomy in voting laws is only the result of no longer holding Jim Crow states accountable for this type of legislation. And the first thing GOPer states did with that autonomy was attack voting rights. This is all a form of Jim Crow 2.0. So, the short answer is we don't want to restrict voting by placing obstacles in the path of voters. I too happen to think all states should have some sort of ID laws at least when registering or actually voting. But I also don't want eligible voters not being able to exercise their voting rights for any reason. It's one thing to not vote because you didn't want to take the time, but another to be denied your right. So dems fight for that right.

Everything you said is reasonable.

But .... the more straight forward and obvious rebuttal .... GOP WANT TO CREATE A LAW TO FIX A PROBLEM THAT DOES NOT EXIST. And everyone but the blindest know why they want to do it. The same reason why they closed some polling stations. There is a clear and definite pattern.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
You know I can remember a time that I though Bill Maher was a nut job. Now he is as close to being the most rational Democrat there is!

I agree. I'm glad someone finally listened to him talk first before writing off everything he says because they simply labeled him a liberal and dismissed it.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 04:34 PM
The Bill Maher of today is definitely different than the Bill Maher of 15 years ago.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 05:10 PM
He most certainly is. And I applaud that. To me he is a prime example of proof positive that you can't lump everyone into the same basket based on some crazy perception that everyone that belongs to or generally supports one party are the same. You've brought up Adam Kinzinger as a Republican you would have voted for over Biden. I think a lot of people would have. I don't know enough about all of his policies but he's certainly a candidate I would have given consideration to.

We've interacted enough that I'm quite sure you're not some left wing supporter. But just like Adam Kinzinger I've seen you labeled as such because you don't walk the trump company line. Republicans who aren't Trumpians seem to always face punitive repercussions. Just look at Liz Cheney. First she was stripped of her power in the house. Then the Republican party in the state of Wyoming now refuses to recognize here as a Republican.

Rep. Liz Cheney ousted from Wyoming GOP

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-liz-cheney-ousted-wyoming-gop/story?id=81206853

The infrastructure bill was a compromise written with five republicans and five democrats. That's about is bipartisan as you can get. But look at what's happening to the 13 Republicans that voted in favor of it.

Here are Trump's comments...... and measures being taken against them by the likes of Marjorie Taylor Green.

Donald Trump who said they should be “ashamed of themselves” for “helping the Democrats.” Far-right House members like Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene have also escalated the fallout by calling for primary challengers to run against the Republicans in question.
https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcast...tructure-bill-now-theyre-facing-backlash

As long as they keep letting the inmates run the asylum it's going to be very hard for them to get the votes of those who sit somewhere in the middle. What I do like about watching this bill being passed that unfolded is not only did thirteen Republicans vote for it, the far left "squad" of the democrats voted against it. That in and of itself tells me it must have been a pretty good bill. When extremists from both sides oppose it, I tend to like it.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 06:05 PM
Thanks for that. It is good to see people, like Maher, adapt over time. I think one of the foundational issues with this country is that there has been such an indoctrination of Republican vs Democrat, Conservative vs Liberal, one ideal vs another, etc. that people have already taken sides based upon their preconceived notion that one side is right and the other is wrong. When you look at Republicans now vs Republicans decades ago, the two vastly different, but I believe that many uphold the Republican banner nowadays under the same auspices that it's still the Party of Reagan or the Party of Lincoln, when it really isn't at all anymore. The same can be said for Democrats as well. Many believe that it's the party of FDR, but those goal posts have moved, too, IMHO. I think that right there is the problem we have with political parties, like we have. Once they suck you in, they can change and still remain confident that you will be along for the ride.

I myself was a victim of that. I started changing with the Republicans. The TEA Party movement is really what started to open my eyes to the filth. It was hard to let go of for me, but I ultimately was able to do it. I can still see that it is hard for other people on this board who are otherwise very reasonable and intelligent.

As far as Kinzinger goes, I like him because he aligns with a some of my ideals, but he's also reasonable. For instance, he's for concealed carry across state lines, but also is for background checks for firearm transfers. I actually depart with him on several social issues, like LGBTQ stuff, and I depart with him on certain economic issues, but I think he has shown a willingness to work across the aisle on those issues as well, along with showing empathy toward people he disagrees with (Marie Newman) which is encouraging, and rare for his side. I'll be honest, too, his willingness to make a decision that ultimately went against his political career to me speaks volumes, and juxtaposes him with the eternal opportunists in Congress, like Cruz and Graham. That goes a long way with me, even if I disagree on some fronts.

I really don't identify myself with either wing anymore and I don't think I'll allow myself to officially join any party, even if there is one that aligns with my ideals perfectly in the moment, because I don't want to put myself in a position again where I get caught up in the greater machine.

To me, the scary dynamic is that the party has become a top-down machine, and that has certainly happened with Trump. The way people have pivoted (Cruz, Graham, etc.) shows that they fear his wrath more than they genuinely want to help the constituents who belong to them. They can get around this by whipping their constituents into place with deflecting fear and anger tactics. That way, it ensures they are first and foremost aligned with the person who bears the most influence in the party, and then they can subsequently make sure that their base is in line. I don't think it would be that easy if people could shed the preconceived notions that one party is always correct and the other party is always wrong or evil.

Your quote from Trump is proof of that dynamic.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 06:59 PM
As much as people like to paint with a broad brush, some things aren't that simple. I'm a second amendment supporter myself. Yet I do think some common sense applies. To me a CCW permit makes sense. It assures that people who carry firearms have at least had basic firearms safety instruction. They know how to safely handles and fire a gun. Yet state after state are now passing laws that no longer require a CCW permit and anyone who can legally buy a firearm can carry one. No training needed. To me that's a very dangerous stance to everyone. Yet when you speak out about it it's labeled a conservative verses liberal topic.

Cancel culture is yet another issue. I'm not a fan of it by any stretch of the imagination. Yet there are limits to how it's labeled. Let's take the case of Paul Gosar as an example. What he posted showing his face on an anime video showing him killing AOC and his next target was attacking biden with two swords isn't a question of cancel culture when he was censured no matter how hard they tried to present it as such. That's simply something that can not be accepted from our elected officials. We've seen a glimpse of what violent rhetoric can lead to with what unfolded on January 6th and that could be only the tip of the iceberg if such conduct continues. And don't get me wrong, that's not a one way street just the latest example of it.

What I'm speaking of in terms of cancel culture is what the Democrats tried to do to Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearing. Taking something that may or may not have happened when he was in college and try to make the claim that's what he is today. Things like that are ridiculous. What concerned me was his total lack of composure during the hearing. He seemed very volatile for someone being placed as a SCOTUS member. What we both seem to agree on is that people often times change over time. The person we may or may not have been when we are 18 to 20 years old has no reflection of who we may be now. Also social norms change over time. Things that were done 30 years ago, 50 years ago weren't seen in the same light as they are today. I don't think it's right to hold something someone did 40 years ago to the social norms of today. There are certainly things that do apply, but many do not. I'll use black face as an example. While it's certainly wrong and that's easy to see now, at one time nobody really thought much about it. So we can see that it's wrong but we can't rewind history and pretend that people who did it decades ago understood the reality of their actions.

And the entire cancel culture issue seems so naive to me that one side has the unmitigated gall to point the finger in the other direction. Just look at our above conversation where Republicans are attacking and undermining every Republican who doesn't walk lock step with trump. Even going so far as the measures they've taken against Liz Cheney and trying to get anyone who certified the election which are Republican to be voted out of office. Then look at all the companies trump told them to boycott. There's no less cancel culture on one side than the other. It's a very sad state.
Posted By: dawglover05 Re: The Red Wave - 11/18/21 08:16 PM
Well said. The bottom line with cancel culture is that people only want to cancel things that they don't like and then scream about the atrocities of it when it is thrown back in their own direction.
Posted By: THROW LONG Re: The Red Wave - 11/19/21 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by mg888
Everything you said is reasonable.

But .... the more straight forward and obvious rebuttal .... GOP WANT TO CREATE A LAW TO FIX A PROBLEM THAT DOES NOT EXIST. And everyone but the blindest know why they want to do it. The same reason why they closed some polling stations. There is a clear and definite pattern.
The Republicans, are trying to Stop the Democrats in the democrats attempts to Cheat!

Again as always, Republicans are on the side of right. and democrats are on the side of criminal behavior.

If you don't know the democrats by now you will never ever know them.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/19/21 02:13 AM
Hey troll. There was no cheating. Therefore there’s nothing to stop.
Take your garbage elsewhere.
Posted By: Dawg Duty Re: The Red Wave - 11/19/21 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Hey troll. There was no cheating. Therefore there’s nothing to stop.
Take your garbage elsewhere.

I see Portland has started funding the Police again. At least there must be a few people out there with common sense. Another great Democratic idea goes down.
Posted By: PortlandDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/19/21 02:30 PM
Let’s see if they can hire some officers that aren’t so quick to pull guns and shoot POC on the streets like they’ve been so eager to do in the past.
The new increased funding also calls for hiring more unarmed specialists to handle situations where an armed officer isn’t needed. This I can get behind.
Lastly they’ll be using some of the funds for more body cams so those officers that do patrol our streets are more closely monitored for behaviors that aren’t helping the public.

Personally I think police need two to four years of education before they’re turned loose on the public. Too many of them are just under educated, over testosteroned, armed goons with too little knowledge of the laws they’re sworn to uphold.
They should spend more of the funding for their education.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: The Red Wave - 11/19/21 03:59 PM
So some of the very policies that "defund the police" actually means were adopted and duty is making it sound like that means he won some kind of political war. Typical.
Posted By: PerfectSpiral Re: The Red Wave - 11/19/21 04:54 PM
Red Wave? Sounds like the commies are coming again for a second try. Lol
Posted By: OldColdDawg Re: The Red Wave - 11/22/21 06:04 AM
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© DawgTalkers.net