DawgTalkers.net
Does anyone just flat out think our president is a moron? I'm tired of beating around the bush, this man is totally incompetent in every single way shape or form.

When is this dumbass going to actually do something good for this damn country? He is a complete joke and a fool! NONE of the American public has any confidence in this man. At this point I feel I have more economics education than he does.

Yahoo

President Joe Biden says he is prepared to go to battle with inflation, as government data confirms a pace of price increases not seen in decades.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday morning that prices rose 6.2% on a year-over-year basis in October. A pace that fast has not been recorded on the Consumer Price Index since December 1990.

“Inflation hurts Americans' pocketbooks, and reversing this trend is a top priority for me,” Biden said in a statement after the CPI data release. The president said his nearly $2 trillion Build Back Better plan will be key to supporting the U.S. economy through the recovery, downplaying concerns it would further exacerbate inflation.

The CPI data, which showed prices rising 0.9% on a month-over-month basis, appeared to be boosted by higher prices at the pump. Gasoline prices rose by 6.1% just between September and October. Fuel oil prices rose 12.3%.

Biden said he has directed the National Economic Council to “further reduce” costs in the sector. He has also asked the Federal Trade Commission to “strike back at any market manipulation or price gouging in this sector.”

No longer transitory?
But underlying components in the CPI show prices rising for other types of major expenditures faced by Americans. The cost of food at home rose by 1.0% and shelter costs were up by 0.5%.

Policymakers at the Federal Reserve, the nation’s central bank, had brushed off higher inflationary prints as “transitory.” The idea: that COVID-related bottlenecks in the global supply chain (i.e. for microchips) would lead to temporary price spikes that would eventually pass.

Chip shortages, for example, led to a surge in used car and truck prices, making the category a common talking point for transitory inflation. But after months of price decreases that appeared to show signs that price pressures were indeed fading, October’s report showed price tags again increasing, by 2.5%.

The Fed, which has been pumping money into the economy through the COVID-19 crisis, is warning that high inflationary prints will likely last through new year's. This month, the Fed will take the first steps in paring back its stimulative policies — by slowing the pace of its bond purchases.

But the central bank has not messaged any intention to immediately raise interest rates. The Fed has pinned near-term borrowing costs at near-zero to support the pandemic recovery.

Inflation concerns are rising at the same time as the Biden administration’s deliberations over whether or not to replace Fed Chairman Jerome Powell, who joined the Fed as an Obama appointee but was tapped for the head job by Trump.

“I want to reemphasize my commitment to the independence of the Federal Reserve to monitor inflation, and take steps necessary to combat it,” Biden said in the statement.

Brian Cheung is a reporter covering the Fed, economics, and banking for Yahoo Finance. You can follow him on Twitter @bcheungz.
I picture Jimmy Carter jumping up and down yelling, I'm Number 2, I'm Number 2 on the worst president ever list.

that's ok.. he told the journalist that they and Americans are too stupid to understand or explain the supply chain.

"And so, people are worried. People are also worried about, you know, coming up — they don’t — understandably. “Why is the price of — of agricultural products — and when I go to the store, why is it higher?”

What — like, for example, if I had — if we were all going out and having lunch together and I said, “Let’s ask whoever the — whoever is at the next table, no matter how — what restaurant we’re in — have them explain the supply chain to us.” You think they’d understand what we’re talking about?

They’re smart people. But supply chain — “Well, why is everything backed up?” Well, it’s backed up because the people who supply the materials that end up being on our kitchen table or in our — in our fam- — our life — guess what? They’re closing those plants because they have COVID. They’re not —

And so, it’s a complicated world that people are facing. We’ve never faced anything like this before. I mean, I’m not saying it’s the worst of every time in American history, but we never faced anything this — this, sort of, defiant of understanding of what’s going on.

And you can understand why people are upset. And I — whether you have a PhD or you’re — or you’re working, you know, in a restaurant, it’s confusing. And so, people are understandably worried. They’re worried.

And so, all I can say is: What I’m going to try to do is explain to the American people, as best I can —

And, by the way, you all write for a living. I haven’t seen any one of you explain the supply chain very well.
No, no, I’m not being critical. I’m being deadly earnest. When your editor says, “Explain the supply chain.” Okay? “Lots of luck in your senior year,” as my coach used to say. "
Tasty just won't care
There have been alternatives
Boogeyman syndrome
Many economists are now saying...

Heating costs are expected to rise 30 to 40 percent this winter.
1 in 8 Americans live below the poverty line.
Heating costs cause homelessness now. Just wait.
By March we could be facing 1 in 7, 1 in 6, maybe even 1 in 5 living below the poverty line.

Woke Biden is finally waking up to the fact he has caused this inflation by his own programs.
He said his program to provide everyone with $1400 and other giveaways has filled people's pockets
but with nothing to buy, they are competing for what is available, driving prices up.

Trump's economic advisors knew these things ahead of time because they thought things through. Biden's people, not so much, so he learns after the fact.

Shame!
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by 40YEARSWAITING
Woke Biden is finally waking up to the fact he has caused this inflation by his own programs.
!

I know the mindless emotional knee jerk is your specialty. Let's focus on this one claim - and then back it up with facts please.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 04:23 PM
I understand that people such as yourself have your hair on fire and are looking for someone to blame. But this isn't simply a United States issue. It's a global issue. Inflation and rising fuel costs are issues that no politician is responsible for nor can any politician fix it. Your finger pointing and tantrums won't change any of that.

Inflation Surges Worldwide as Covid-19 Lockdowns End and Supply Chains Can’t Cope

https://www.wsj.com/articles/inflation-sets-off-alarms-around-the-world-11634304187

Global Inflation Spike Seen Posing Near-Term Economic Risks

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...e-seen-posing-near-term-risks-to-economy

China has a big inflation problem and it's pushing up prices worldwide

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/10/economy/china-cpi-ppi-inflation-intl-hnk/index.html

Gas prices skyrocket as the global energy crisis worsens

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/11/business/gas-prices-oil-opec/index.html

Asian, European motorists face record petrol prices as winter sets in

https://www.reuters.com/business/en...rd-petrol-prices-winter-sets-2021-10-22/

So all of you keep screaming about something that you're wrong about because you lack the intellectual curiosity to look for the truth.
Many economists are now saying...

Heating costs are expected to rise 30 to 40 percent this winter.
1 in 8 Americans live below the poverty line.
Heating costs cause homelessness now. Just wait.
By March we could be facing 1 in 7, 1 in 6, maybe even 1 in 5 living below the poverty line.

He said his program to provide everyone with $1400 and other giveaways has filled people's pockets
but with nothing to buy, they are competing for what is available, driving prices up.

Trump's economic advisors knew these things ahead of time because they thought things through. Biden's people, not so much, so he learns after the fact.

Shame!

It's a part of the plan to get more and more people on the government cheese.
Half the sources you linked to are biased so they can't be taken seriously.

If you think Biden doesn't have anything to do with this than you're gravely mistaken. I'm still 100% certain that I know more about economic theory than Joe Biden. He thinks that printing money like a mad man and pumping it into the economy doesn't have any type of negative effect.

Printing trillions of dollars you don't have to spend in the first place causes problems. It creates inflation which is a fact. Are you actually trying to dispute that? This is like Econ 101, come on.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 04:55 PM
I see in your zest for trying to blame someone you have decided to totally ignore this is a global issue. Not surprised.
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I see in your zest for trying to blame someone you have decided to totally ignore this is a global issue. Not surprised.

I know it is global. That doesn't mitigate the goofball moves being made here in this country. But hey, we all have opinions.
Exactly. The economic advisors are either completely incompetent or doing it deliberately. Now Biden, he's just an idiot so maybe I can't blame it all on him but when his office says for months that inflation won't be that bad, it's temporary, percents won't be higher, and then they are, well they look like complete fools any way you slice it. Do they think people don't remember what was said just a few short months ago? Also why can't they accept responsibility? Say they made a mistake or were wrong?

We have people running this country who have no idea what's going on.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 05:12 PM
So what goofball moves are being made in our country that are so different than anywhere else on the globe? It's easy to throw crap against the wall to see what sticks.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 05:13 PM
That must be the case for the entire globe then since it's the same conditions everywhere.
Covid was a global issue... people still blamed Trump for how he handled it in the US. But you are saying that since inflation is a global issue, that we are NOT allowed to be critical of how Biden is handling it in the US?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 05:30 PM
I'm asking what is being done that is so different than anywhere else? What is it this administration is doing that people seem to think makes this global issue the fault of the Biden administration here at home? You see, during Covid you could point to countries that handled the situation much better and getting better results because of it. In this situation I see no such examples. From China to Europe the results are the same. That wasn't the case with covid. So once again, I see mud being slung but no substance other than "yeah but".
From China to Europe the results are the same
No, the results are not the same. Every country is experiencing inflation, just like every country experienced covid cases and death.. but not the same.

Here is a link as of Sept/Oct of various countries and their inflation rates.

If you don't want to click on it, I will give you some of the highlights...

Japan was .2%
China was 1.5%
France was 2.6%
Great Britain was 3.1%
Europe collectively was 4.1%

United States was 6.2%

Not even close to the same....
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 06:31 PM
So still you nor anyone else is willing to point out exactly what the Biden administration has done to make it worse. I see....
Biden himself admitted it.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 06:40 PM
Originally Posted by DCDAWGFAN
Covid was a global issue... people still blamed Trump for how he handled it in the US. But you are saying that since inflation is a global issue, that we are NOT allowed to be critical of how Biden is handling it in the US?

You sort of answered your own question. Or you avoided the question I asked 40.

People blamed Trump for his HANDLING of covid. Not covid itself - though many Trumpians tried to blur that line/distinction.

My question to 40 and to you - what is it regards Biden's HANDLING of inflation do you feel is an issue. Instead of running with the kneee jerk emotional stuff like 40 did before. What are - factually - things that Biden has control over that he has mismanaged?

As stated in another thread - I see global supply chain issues as the root cause of all inflation. I don't see a magic pill that any government can come up with to solve this. Also as someone pointed out the other day when a poster wrongly railed against the "keystone pipeline" being the cause of inflated gas prices - when in fact that's Canadian oil, refined in the USA but EXPORTED ( so zero impact on US supply).

Yes - there is inflation. What is it that Biden has done wrong handling it? Factually?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/11/21 07:01 PM

He admitted we have an inflation problem that needs addressed. He didn't admit his administration created the problem. As usual you have no evidence of what you're claiming and you seem to be majoring in obtuse.
So still you nor anyone else is willing to point out exactly what the Biden administration has done to make it worse. I see....
So still you nor anyone else is willing to point out exactly what the Biden administration has done to make it better. I see....

He's the President, this is happening on his watch, he's either making it better... or he's failing... that's the standard that has been set for past Presidents. I don't have to prove that he made it worse, I don't have to prove that he's the reason we are 2x-3x worse off than many of the other G20 nations. Since this has been building since June(ish), you have to tell me what he has done to alleviate it.

He admitted we have an inflation problem that needs addressed. He didn't admit his administration created the problem. As usual you have no evidence of what you're claiming and you seem to be majoring in obtuse.

Au contraire...

And the irony is: People have more money now because of the first major piece of legislation I passed. You all got checks for $1,400. You got checks for a whole range of things.

And — but guess what? They’re not going out to dinner and lunch and going to the local bars because of COVID. So what are they doing? They’re staying home, they’re ordering online, and they’re buying product.

Well, with more people with money buying product and less product to buy, what happens? The supply chain is the reason, and the answer is you guys — and I’ll get to that in a minute — but what happens? Prices go up.

But what happens if there’s nothing to buy and you got more money? You compete for getting it there. It creates a real problem.

www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-remarks/2021/11/10

Well DUH!
Your Economic Advisor should have told you this would happen.
Trump's did.

So, if I have this right, covid was a world wide problem (still is), but Trump didn't handle it well enough for you, so most of the deaths from covid in the u.s. are trumps fault. Got it.

Inflation is REAL, and here (as I stated months and months ago), BUT, in your eyes, since inflation is kinda sorta happening elsewhere, it's a world wide problem, and Biden can't do anything about it here. Do I have that right?

An R, who WAS a D, gets blamed for deaths from covid.

But, a D, who has had some, what, 40 years in office to fix problems (get rich), can't take any blame for inflation here?

Shut down pipelines. Hell, shut down electric plants. Give money away, don't expect people to go to work.........and then we have supply chain issues that, according to Biden, no one understands other than he and his group. Yeah, just give him a pass.

Hey, how has Biden done stopping covid since he's been in office?
I agree with you and DC. All some of these people do is ask questions and point fingers at you/us when it fits the bureau's operative agenda.
I should make my point more succinct. Trump took the blame from some for his handling of a global crisis. A crisis (virus) never seen before. A complete unkown. At least to us plebes in the world.

Biden is sitting on top of inflation, a known issue since forever, and he's done nothing about it. Oh, it's affecting the whole world? It's affecting HERE a lot worse than most places. And our president is............shutting down pipelines?

Have.......well, no there's not much one can do about inflation, right? Good luck heating your homes this winter if everything I'm reading comes even close to being correct.

But nah, a know issue isn't the president's fault. Non action IS.
in the news, the Columbus urban league is having a crisis (they say on par with covid) of people about to become homeless, they had 12000 calls since july, about 4000 a month.
So they want local leaders, to do something, come up with something to address the expensive ness of housing.

Watching it, I think, ... Well, why doesn't Biden just make a statement that everybody on earth needs to lower their mortage or rent by 15-20 percent, the number is not important, the fact that Biden should just be able to demand it and people are forced to follow along is the point.
I mean that is the democrat mindset of totalitarian control.

Now. On the other thing, the inflation...
( I came across a headline, " surprise," < ya that's a joke a surprise really? > "surprise agreement between the US and China on trade."

in the last 24 hours.
Now!!
If we understand, that Biden, or whomever is oiling him with an oil can, and pushing his levers, and pulling the talk words string, whether that is Kamala, or ..Obama, (I think it's Obama, I'm begingin to think it is Obama.)
If we Understand that Obama, President, current Obama, IS CHINA, is so in bed with China, and Russia, then there is NO Surprise
on the agreement
on climate change, that China and USA make, because, China is in control of both sides, The China side, and the Obama side. So,

If We can, Understand, (and Please understand this one point if it's the only one you do.)
Since, China is in charge of the USA, then the Fact that the US dollar is being devalued, goes right along with the plans,
and everything in their opinion, is working fine.

To you' / your, the average Americans' HURT. But that was the plan, wasn't it.
30 year high? only 30 years?? What the heck happened 31 years ago? Oh, Bill Clinton was Elected,, wait,
I mean, the Democrat party controlled Congress under the RIno Bush 41, did their mid term shennanighans, to crush that economy, later to lead to Bill Clinton getting gelected. Oh Bill Clinton was playing saxophone on a television talk show, (Evil), he had a nice smile but sure was bad for America imo. Bad before he arrived, while he was in office, and after he left, bad, bad, bad.
Feeling broke? Blame Trump. Want things to get back to normal? Trust Biden and company. Progressives will build back better if ignorance just takes a break long enough to let it happen. The lot of you need to just chill...

BIDEN GOT THIS! thumbsup

Special thanks to 40 for that special saying.
Peen in here fighting for some more trickle down! Loves him some trickle down.
Trickle up sure as hell hasn't worked.

The poor are still poor. Maybe poorer with inflation. But, that's kind of the standard from the dem's. Everything they claim they do to help the poor only adds more poor people, who then vote for them, and get poorer.
Add to our inflation problem is spending trillions and giving the house away to people in the form of checks. There is more money chasing around for goods that aren't there.

I suppose the plan is if they can't out and out steal the money from people, make their money worthless so they too have to show up for the bureau's cheese.
Posted By: Squires Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/12/21 01:22 AM
Covid is a global issue. That didn't stop people from blaming trump for the way he handled it. Now, people are blaming Biden for the way he handled inflation(by ignoring it). All year I've heard him down play inflation. It wasn't until a couple a weeks ago I heard him even acknowledge it was a problem. Oddly enough, over the summer, Biden sounded a lot like Trump with covid "it's temporary, it will go away..." Remember this tweet? Biden was celebrating lower prices that he had nothing to do with. If he is going to take credit for the good, then he also gets credit for the bad. Lastly, Biden and democrats think more government is the solution to all of our problems. Now he's being called out on it. Let's see him fix it.

Biden and his team initially dismissed concerns raised even by some Democratic economists that the stimulus bill he signed in March poured too much fuel on the economy, driving prices higher. Among those raising warnings was Larry Summers, who served in both the Obama and Clinton administrations.
"I think we're speeding down the road, at a really rapid rate. It's kind of a downhill road. And it's not going to be so easy to put the brakes on here. And that's why I'm concerned," Summers said Wednesday on CNN's "Cuomo Prime Time."
"I think that the policymakers in Washington, unfortunately, have almost every month been behind the curve," Summers went on. "They said it was transitory. It doesn't look so transitory. They said it was due to a few specific factors. Doesn't look to be a few specific factors. They said, when September came, and people went back to school that the labor force would grow. And it didn't happen."

link
Posted By: jaybird Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/12/21 12:33 PM
I can't believe we have hyper inflation.... who could have seen this coming? I mean, 40-50% of US money currently in circulation was printed in the last year!! How the heck could that cause any inflation?!?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/12/21 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

The poor are still poor. Maybe poorer with inflation. But, that's kind of the standard from the dem's. Everything they claim they do to help the poor only adds more poor people, who then vote for them, and get poorer.

When have we even tried trickle up? Is it such a hard concept to understand that those with very little have needs? If you put money in the hands of those who have needs, they spend that money on goods and services. When people spend money, the businesses they support thrive. From post WW2 until the late 1970's was the greatest our economy has ever been. Unions were strong and good paying jobs were more readily available.

And what has happened since? Unions have been undermined, the minimum wage has been frozen for over a decade and the economy will not get better until that all changes. The right claims giving huge tax breaks to businesses create jobs. That just handing them money means they will hire people. News flash. That's not how a business works. They create jobs based on need. To do otherwise would be ignorant. Why would anyone hire workers they don't need?

They hire people when the demand for their products increase. That can only be accomplished when the people who buy products have money to spend on them. This isn't complicated.

Did Trump’s tax cuts boost hiring? Most companies say no

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/econom...-cuts-boost-hiring-most-companies-say-no
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/12/21 03:48 PM
I don't have to prove that he's the reason we are 2x-3x worse off than many of the other G20 nations. Since this has been building since June(ish), you have to tell me what he has done to alleviate it.

If people are going to sit around and make the claim he is making it worse, yes it's up to them to show how that's happening. I'm not the one making accusations I refuse to back up with facts that support it. I never thought you would turn into one of those people either. My bad.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/12/21 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Half the sources you linked to are biased so they can't be taken seriously.

If you think Biden doesn't have anything to do with this than you're gravely mistaken. I'm still 100% certain that I know more about economic theory than Joe Biden. He thinks that printing money like a mad man and pumping it into the economy doesn't have any type of negative effect.

Printing trillions of dollars you don't have to spend in the first place causes problems. It creates inflation which is a fact. Are you actually trying to dispute that? This is like Econ 101, come on.

You had no problem printing trillions of dollars from 2016 through 2020. Those sources are only what you call bias because you refuse to accept the facts they contain. It's the standard line from Repugnantants. "We don't like the facts so it must be fake news!"

Once again, show me the facts of exactly what he's done instead of just sewing drivel.
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Feeling broke? Blame Trump. Want things to get back to normal? Trust Biden and company. Progressives will build back better if ignorance just takes a break long enough to let it happen. The lot of you need to just chill...

BIDEN GOT THIS! thumbsup

I don't trust Biden to know what day it is, let alone figure out how to be part of the solution to a complex global problem.

I've been saying for decades that if you listen to every democratic campaign, they have 1 solution to every problem. Throw more money at it.

Wanna fix climate change? We need to spend more money on it.
Wanna fix poverty? We need to give more money away.
Wanna fix education? We need to double the money we spend on it.
Wanna fix higher education? We need to pay off everybodys debt and make it free
Wanna fix healthcare? We need the government to pay for everything.
Wanna fix the infrastructure? We need to spend trillions of dollars.

Well, here we are with really dangerous levels of inflation.... know what you can't do to fix inflation? Print and throw money at it, because that's like pouring fuel on a fire...

So the D's might have to get a little creative and break from the script if they want to have any chance of easing this problem.

Sounds reasonable. I mean 40 years of trickle down was a dismal failure AND this last 40 minutes of trickle up is sure to fail because dems... GMAB smh. How about you give it a chance. as if. rolleyes
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Add to our inflation problem is spending trillions and giving the house away to people in the form of checks. There is more money chasing around for goods that aren't there.

I suppose the plan is if they can't out and out steal the money from people, make their money worthless so they too have to show up for the bureau's cheese.

Flooding the US with new dollars does create debt, yes. But doesn't it also devalue foreign debt at the same time. We're not just watering down your buying power Peen, we are watering down China's too! You don't support China do you Peen? That would be something commies do.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that that flood of US dollars into the US economy will primarily go to programs for working people and poor people to help make tens of millions of lives just a little better. New jobs, I know, "Who is going to take them", but at 30-45 dollars an hour, I doubt that will be an issue.

Everything good in these bills has some bogus counter BAD reaction on the right... yet their reps are touting the infrastructure bill as a good thing like they delivered it... and they are eyeing the BBB bill for the same. Shameful.

BIDEN GOT THIS! thumbsup

I don't trust Biden to know what day it is, let alone figure out how to be part of the solution to a complex global problem.

I've been saying for decades that if you listen to every democratic campaign, they have 1 solution to every problem. Throw more money at it.

Wanna fix climate change? We need to spend more money on it.
Wanna fix poverty? We need to give more money away.
Wanna fix education? We need to double the money we spend on it.
Wanna fix higher education? We need to pay off everybodys debt and make it free
Wanna fix healthcare? We need the government to pay for everything.
Wanna fix the infrastructure? We need to spend trillions of dollars.

Well, here we are with really dangerous levels of inflation.... know what you can't do to fix inflation? Print and throw money at it, because that's like pouring fuel on a fire...

So the D's might have to get a little creative and break from the script if they want to have any chance of easing this problem.

What is a dangerous level of inflation? I would like a precise definition on that one. And you all can blame Biden or dems or whatever you want, but the simple truth is that 40 years of wealth transfer to the top put you here. The status quo is no longer working for anyone but the donor class. Or do y'all think our kids living with us into their 30s is normal? Do you think incurring 10s of thousands of dollars in private higher education debt to get a decent paying job is normal or a good thing? Does a majority of minorities and about 30% of whites feeling left behind financially not bother you? Why would anybody want that to continue?

I think what's happening from the comments from the right in here today is that we are seeing a coordinated attack on any spending as somehow bad. The last few days I've seen several new commercials of supposed normal people saying how bad certain things would be... some woman claiming negotiating drug prices will hurt America... How exactly? Because paying less hurts some corps with big deep ass pockets, so they are campaigning against it with lies out the ass? Somebody is being fooled again and it's not dems.
What is an 'acceptable' level of inflation?

Why has spending trillions over the years to help the poor, not helped them? In fact, we possible have more.

What are 'good paying jobs', exactly? And, I know plumbers, road construction, ANY construction really, masons (no where near enough of them), electricians, dry wall people - ALL make very good money. Plus, many of those are 'on the job training' types, where you get paid while you're learning, and after a year of 2 of that, you get paid even more.

No one needs to incur 10's of thousands of dollars in debt to go to college, unless they choose to, or unless they're going into a specialized field, i.e. health care, for example.
What is a dangerous level of inflation? I would like a precise definition on that one.
I'm sure you would. We are running at 2-3x that of some other G20 nations... you can define dangerous however you want. All I know is that this pay cut will be an inconvenience for me, I can still afford my heat, I can still afford my food.. it's not me that is going to get crushed by this inflation, it's those you seek to protect who are going to suffer from it the most.

Or do y'all think our kids living with us into their 30s is normal?
My son just turned 25, lives on his own, paid for a fair portion of my trip to Cleveland last week as a gift. Never stepped foot on a college campus, started as a bus boy at 18, now a kitchen manager, makes decent money, works his butt off. Received almost no financial help from me. If your kids are living with you into their 30s, it's not societies fault, it's yours. Either they don't have the work ethic to grow in their position to one that allows them to be self-sustaining, they make very poor decisions on how to manage their money, or they (you) got into a lot of debt paying way too much for a college degree that doesn't have the corresponding market value to support it.

some woman claiming negotiating drug prices will hurt America... How exactly? Because paying less hurts some corps with big deep ass pockets, so they are campaigning against it with lies out the ass? Somebody is being fooled again and it's not dems.
this is where politics beat out common sense. In 2016 Trump promised to start by letting medicare negotiate drug prices, congress did nothing. A couple years later when the dems improved their numbers in congress they actually passed a bill to do that.. and the republicans in the senate refused to do anything about it and Trump said he might veto it anyway... really bad situation. had a good chance to at least get the ball rolling in the right direction and because "politics" it never happened and the republicans are solely to blame for that. Which, I never understood why. It was a very popular position among the citizens, even a lot of republicans were in favor of it and Trump could have ultimately taken the credit for signing it... I don't remember all of the details of how it got derailed, but it should have moved through the Senate and been passed.
Most pay raises have pretty much been wiped out, and what hasn't soon will.

These people just don't get it...just print more money!
It’s hard to weigh in on this conversation because I can’t tell in some cases (some I can) who actually wants to have a discussion from those who just want the current administration to fail no matter what and those who want the current administration to succeed no matter what.
If this administration fails, we all fail, America fails.

So far it ain't looking good.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/13/21 03:17 AM

Emotional Hyperbole much?
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/13/21 01:40 PM
EDIT: I forgot to mention that that flood of US dollars into the US economy will primarily go to programs for working people and poor people to help make tens of millions of lives just a little better. New jobs, I know, "Who is going to take them", but at 30-45 dollars an hour, I doubt that will be an issue.

You know who inflation hurts the worst? Those of us on fixed income, yet I don't see either side worrying about that.
Originally Posted by GMdawg

You know who inflation hurts the worst? Those of us on fixed income, yet I don't see either side worrying about that.

I agree. In theory we are getting a COLA...too bad it is already eaten up by inflation. Enjoy your extra $90 a month. LOL Heating bills which will start for most this month will eat that up.

If you buy oats in bulk and make your own oatmeal you can eat pretty cheap...but don't think about any milk or honey to give it a flavor boost.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/13/21 02:13 PM
Yep we get a 5.9 percent raise while between 2021 and 2022 inflation looks like it will be between 12 and 14 percent total
WTH Biden? Pretty typical.. Always forgetting what Trump did to set these wheels in motion....

I guarantee that, in your eyes, this administration will fail no matter what they do. Just as Trump did nothing wrong in your eyes. For many, it’s always about the “who” and not the “what.”
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/13/21 04:38 PM
The only reason I want this administration to succeed no matter what is the fact that every poll indicates that if they don't, we will be back to having trump as president. He almost destroyed our democracy the first time, and states are passing laws that put the elections results in the hands of the elected politicians so it will make it easier for him to do the next time. I have attempted to bring up the what and have asked exactly what Biden has done to cause it. The only answer they have come up to at this point is, "Biden is printing money!" Which is exactly the same thing trump did and they never said a word about it. It's pointless to try and have an actual discussion about the why's because that is of no interest to them. They only care that it's happening and biden is president. Nothing else matters to them.
Well you guys made the trade, Biden for Trump. Enjoy.

Glad you don't scout for the Browns.
[Linked Image from cdn.creators.com]
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/13/21 05:53 PM
We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown. Sadly we are at a point there is no good choice. Only the lesser of two evils. In this case one is bad and one is evil. I'll choose the bad over the evil every time.
Republicans see fear everywhere. Meanwhile, Biden has moved the country forward. And crying is all they have.
We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown. Sadly we are at a point there is no good choice. Only the lesser of two evils. In this case one is bad and one is evil. I'll choose the bad over the evil every time.

You wouldn't recognize evil if it called you a domestic terrorist for standing up for your children,
abandoned your family in Afghanistan or ran the economy into the ground hurting the poor.
cry me a river... poor poor republicans... what a crock.

Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/13/21 06:38 PM
After over four years you still couldn't recognize one. Maybe if he could have convinced Georgia to find him over 11k thousand votes AFTER all the votes were counted you would get it. Hah, he actually tried that and you still can't see it.
Posted By: Squires Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/14/21 04:54 PM
[quote=OldColdDawg]

They are already trying to build the argument that we need to spend more to fight this. From an article I linked in my post above:

As he moves to the next phase of his domestic agenda, higher inflation could complicate Biden's effort to pass a nearly $2 trillion climate and social spending bill -- even though he says that plan, too, would ease inflation in the long-run.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/14/21 05:02 PM
Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt. Why do you think Trump added trillions to the debt and there was very little inflation yet the claim is that when Biden does it, it's the cause of inflation? You think maybe it's other factors instead? Surely you can't be saying it only depends on who it is that's printing money can you?
Posted By: Squires Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/14/21 05:15 PM
I was replying to DC point that printing off more money to combat inflation would be pouring fuel on the fire. He's right. Yet, here we already have Biden making the case that we need to print more money to solve the problem.
Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt. Why do you think Trump added trillions to the debt and there was very little inflation yet the claim is that when Biden does it, it's the cause of inflation? You think maybe it's other factors instead? Surely you can't be saying it only depends on who it is that's printing money can you?

You talking about when Trump rebuilt the Military and such?

Money well spent because with such weak leadership currently, we are probably going to need that Military right soon.
Wonder if Afghan will loan us back our equipment if'n we get into it with China or Russia?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/14/21 05:41 PM
Yeah, that over one trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy was so needed. They thank you for all of their stock options.
If anybody wants to see all of the problems with the supply chain right now, watch the 60 Minutes from tonight
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
If anybody wants to see all of the problems with the supply chain right now, watch the 60 Minutes from tonight

yep.

Muast see TV.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/15/21 01:04 PM
Not even a year in office and Biden has created hyper inflation AND screwed up the Ports and shipping.
I was in Florida last week. Miami and Tampa ports are open and moving goods smoothly. They are seeking more business. If California ports are incapable of moving the goods maybe shippers need to dump California and look for better service elsewhere. It's a longer shipping distance, but not as expensive as having container ships sitting idle for weeks waiting to be unloaded.

Working 24/7 isn't going to make much of a dent. Maybe send some loads to Miami, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston and fix the problem.

I thought most ports were more or less 24/7. I worked the ore boats on the Great Lakes for 2 summers while in school. We put in at 2am on many occasions and began unloading operations. Weekends as well. Maybe the local Longshoreman's unions decided their workers needed weekends off or something?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/15/21 01:24 PM
I was in Florida last week. Miami and Tampa ports are open and moving goods smoothly. They are seeking more business. If California ports are incapable of moving the goods maybe shippers need to dump California and look for better service elsewhere. It's a longer shipping distance, but not as expensive as having container ships sitting idle for weeks waiting to be unloaded.

Working 24/7 isn't going to make much of a dent. Maybe send some loads to Miami, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston and fix the problem.

I thought most ports were more or less 24/7. I worked the ore boats on the Great Lakes for 2 summers while in school. We put in at 2am on many occasions and began unloading operations. Weekends as well. Maybe the local Longshoreman's unions decided their workers needed weekends off or something?

These shipping companies need to hire you to fix their problems.

Florida Ports are looking for more business but the next state up in GA - Savannah - is seeing the same issues as the West Coast, although maybe not quite as severe. It seems so simple that someone would use a FL port instead of GA to avoid the issues. But clearly no-one else has your insight.

If you could also do some work on the side and help get manufacturing moved from China and the 'East' to Europe or more friendly 'East Coast Port' locations - that'd be great.

Thanks

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/11/business/supply-chain-crisis-savannah-port.html
LOL....I do get your point. It does take shippers to send the goods to the ports. Maybe offering a temporary incentive to do so would be advantageous?

I am shocked that major ports aren't already more or less on 24/7. That doesn't make sense to me. I don't simply blame the unions. The port authority itself has to have some culpability in this as well. No matter where it sits, that is a needless problem.

I can't read your link. Only supported by a subscription, but no worries, I know that Savannah is at a bottleneck.
Maybe send some loads to Miami, Tampa, Mobile, New Orleans, and Houston and fix the problem.

Yep, smaller ports could/should take advantage of this situation. Cleveland is attempting to.

Posted By: jfanent Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/15/21 04:30 PM
Here is an interesting site if you want to see global shipping traffic in real time, including the ships sitting off Socal. I use this site to monitor great lakes shipping. Right now, the Arthur M Anderson is sitting in Duluth harbor. That's the same ship that accompanied the Edmund Fitzgerald in that storm and then searched for it. Kind of eerie seeing it working the same route during November so many years later.

Marine Traffic Global Ship Tracking
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/15/21 04:37 PM
Not only the traffic, but the cost of shipping that cargo has skyrocketed.

Shadow inflation: Shipping costs are up way more than you think

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/shadow-inflation-shipping-costs-are-up-way-more-than-you-think
Pssst. Is this the secret bash Biden thread? That amazing title makes it feel so legit, I'm not sure and don't want to look like a fool (so much irony).
Pssst. Is this the secret bash Biden thread? That amazing title makes it feel so legit, I'm not sure and don't want to look like a fool (so much irony).

he's the guy that said we are too stupid to understand how the supply chain works.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/16/21 05:34 PM
Since you only want to blame him and not look at all the contributing factors that are beyond his control, maybe he was right?
Since you only want to blame him and not look at all the contributing factors that are beyond his control, maybe he was right?

smh... he was saying that people are too dumb to understand it vs people saying it was his fault.

He has never worked a day in the private sector or has never had to oversee something like that. the guy is totally loony tunes.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 06:55 PM
You mean like the guy who wanted to stop counting Americans votes? That kind of looney tunes?

Let me explain something to you. First, read this thread. If you can't see that people are looking to place blame rather than understand the actual factors that are currently causing inflation, you haven't been paying attention. So if they're not too dumb to understand it, many certainly pretend to be. You can choose. Secondly, say what you will but Biden was raised in a very middle class family. He understands what life is like struggling to make ends meet. In case you missed it, Biden isn't "overseeing it". That's what his cabinet and his advisors are for.

Now I didn't agree with some of W's policies. But overall I didn't think he was bad guy and I thought he had the best intentions as president. Can you explain anything in his background that made him capable of "overseeing" economic policy? Of course not. Trying to pretend that most any president we've had by themselves have ever "overseen" our economic policy is disingenuous at best. A president is only as good as the advisors he surrounds himself by. You either surround yourself with people that know what they're talking and are willing to listen to them or you surround yourself with yes men.
Too many Dollars chasing too few products, that's inflationary.

Biden's answer is to add even more Dollars to the economy.

Stupid is as Stupid does.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 07:15 PM
rofl

Thanks for proving my point.
Well if you don't understand that, you are looking pretty foolish because that is economics 101.
Elections have consequences. The inflation crisis just happens to be one of the consequences we now face. It started his first day in office when he shut down a major pipeline and put many high paid union workers out of a job. Gas prices then started to spike and have not turned back since. Soon, businesses had to start paying more money because transportation costs started to rise. There have been many other anti business policies this idiot rolled back simply because the former President implemented the policy. It was said during the late 1970's that Carter was not responsible for the inflation, he was not responsible for the gas crunch during those years. Although, 1980 came and the problems of the late 1970's went away quickly. A competent President was put into place and the Country flourished. Now we have someone far less competent than Carter.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 07:45 PM
Well if you don't understand that, you are looking pretty foolish because that is economics 101.

And if you don't understand that it's far more complicated than that you never got past economics 101.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 07:53 PM
Sadly I think you actually believe that BS. All of the oil the Keystone pipeline would produce was to be exported. The amount of fuel it would produce is a drop in the bucket compared to the global oil picture. And maybe you need to look at how many jobs have been created since Biden took office. But doing that would make your jobs comment look foolish. Even the company that owns the pipeline says only 1000 full time jobs were lost. But don't let that get in the way of your fantasy.

TC Energy Corp., the Canadian company that owns the Keystone XL pipeline with the Alberta government, has said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order. The 11,000 and $2 billion figures cited in the Facebook post are estimates published by the company, but most of the jobs would be temporary.

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...tive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/

And if you don't understand that it's far more complicated than that you never got past economics 101.

Ok, don't believe basic economics from me.

Perhaps you will listen to Obama's people...

Steven Rattner, (Remember him?) who served as counselor to the Treasury secretary in the Obama administration, issued a scathing op-ed Tuesday saying Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan, passed in March, was the "original sin" that contributed materially to today’s inflation, which hit the highest annual rate since November 1990, according to the Labor Department.

"How could an administration loaded with savvy political and economic hands have gotten this critical issue so wrong?" Rattner wrote in The New York Times. "They can’t say they weren’t warned – notably by Larry Summers, a former Treasury secretary and my former boss in the Obama administration, and less notably by many others, including me. We worried that shoveling an unprecedented amount of spending into an economy already on the road to recovery would mean too much money chasing too few goods."

Taken from the article from https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-advisers-biden-warning-rising-inflation quoting the NYTimes.
Sadly I think you actually believe that BS. All of the oil the Keystone pipeline would produce was to be exported. The amount of fuel it would produce is a drop in the bucket compared to the global oil picture. And maybe you need to look at how many jobs have been created since Biden took office. But doing that would make your jobs comment look foolish. Even the company that owns the pipeline says only 1000 full time jobs were lost. But don't let that get in the way of your fantasy.

TC Energy Corp., the Canadian company that owns the Keystone XL pipeline with the Alberta government, has said more than 1,000 people are out of work because of Biden’s executive order. The 11,000 and $2 billion figures cited in the Facebook post are estimates published by the company, but most of the jobs would be temporary.

https://www.statesman.com/story/new...tive-order-cancel-fact-check/6673822002/

1+1=2 every time. Keep saying Biden cannot control the inflation. He made the rain now we all are getting wet. At least until we find the next Ronald Reagan to bail us out again.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 07:58 PM
As I said, it's not that I don't believe you. It's that the issue is far more complicated than just one thing. That's the part you keep ignoring and many of those very things have been posted throughout this thread. You want to focus on one thing and ignore everything else. The fact is inflation would be happening either way. You're just trying to argue the degrees of how much inflation.
Well, for the first time in history, Obama's people and I and the rest of the economic world agree on something but you say you know better.

Ok.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 08:07 PM
Once again you have proven yourself to lie any time you wish.
And you have proven you are not a good source of facts or information.

Have a nice day.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 08:11 PM
I see all of the facts you've posted today. You post one of several factors causing inflation and pretend you know the solution to all of it. Lame and shallow.
I thought it was Carter (who I admittedly am not a fan of) who appointed Volcker, who then raised the interest rates, which brought down inflation as Reagan was coming into office?

Also, didn't Reagan basically stimulate the economy by taking us from the world's largest creditor to the world's largest debtor and spending a crapton of money, which is pretty much what most of his successors have done...also personally not a fan of this.
Side note - I know Reagan is regarded as a hero among most Republicans. I had a conversation with DC about this a few months back, because he and I basically started off as traditional conservatives and I think we align on most platforms. IIRC, the more I look back and explore what Reagan did and how it got the ball rolling to events we are witnessing today, the less highly I regard him.

Second side note - I really don't think Reagan would have much of a shot at all with modern day Republicans, as a party. That needle has moved big time.
I see all of the facts you've posted today. You post one of several factors causing inflation and pretend you know the solution to all of it. Lame and shallow.

Unlike you, I do not pretend knowing something.

I stated the facts, backed it up with the views of Obama's economic advisors and rested my case.

The problem as usual, is yours.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 11:00 PM
You posted one of many facts while leaving many facts out because they do not support your bias.
Sorry I kept you up later than usual.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 11:18 PM
I usually have something better to do at this time of the day than to argue with a fool. But today I'm waiting for my daughter to go out to dinner. So you get rewarded today.
I usually have something better to do at this time of the day than to argue with a fool. But today I'm waiting for my daughter to go out to dinner. So you get rewarded today.

That is nice. So what you gonna do after she goes out to dinner?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/17/21 11:25 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if English is your first language.
Well you did say you were waiting for her to go out to dinner.

I certainly didn't want to hear, "THAT'S NOT WHAT I SAID!" So I erred on the side of caution.

You guys wouldn't admit Biden is an idiot if you were waterboarded. Every stupid thing the left comes up with you guys stand behind and start bashing Trump.
Biden is an idiot. A doddering old man.

Which is still a massive upgrade from the human trash heap that was donny.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 03:15 PM
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

You guys wouldn't admit Biden is an idiot if you were waterboarded. Every stupid thing the left comes up with you guys stand behind and start bashing Trump.

Comprehension seems to be a huge issue with some of you. I have not denied that printing more money only makes inflation worse. So the one line idiocy in your response is obviously unfounded. What I'm saying is there are also several other factors at play that are beyond anyone's control including Biden's. Try to do better next time. And can you show me where I bashed Trump on this topic? Of course you can't.
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 03:35 PM
And can you show me where I bashed Trump on this topic? Of course you can't.

You had no problem printing trillions of dollars from 2016 through 2020.

The only reason I want this administration to succeed no matter what is the fact that every poll indicates that if they don't, we will be back to having trump as president. He almost destroyed our democracy the first time, and states are passing laws that put the elections results in the hands of the elected politicians so it will make it easier for him to do the next time.

We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown.

After over four years you still couldn't recognize one. Maybe if he could have convinced Georgia to find him over 11k thousand votes AFTER all the votes were counted you would get it. Hah, he actually tried that and you still can't see it.

Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt.

Yeah, that over one trillion dollar tax cut for the wealthy was so needed. They thank you for all of their stock options.

You mean like the guy who wanted to stop counting Americans votes? That kind of looney tunes?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 04:05 PM
Thank you for showing every factual statement made that can not be refuted.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by FATE
And can you show me where I bashed Trump on this topic? Of course you can't.

You had no problem printing trillions of dollars from 2016 through 2020.

The only reason I want this administration to succeed no matter what is the fact that every poll indicates that if they don't, we will be back to having trump as president. He almost destroyed our democracy the first time, and states are passing laws that put the elections results in the hands of the elected politicians so it will make it easier for him to do the next time.

We may not like it all that much but it's still better than watching our democracy being overthrown.

Yet nobody said a word while Trump added trillions to the debt.

Challenge accepted! Fate knocks one out of the park, lol.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 04:26 PM
It was fun watching him actually spend his time looking up and quoting all the factual statements I made about Trump and posting it himself. All in a nice, neat package.
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 04:29 PM
Thought you may want it for your scrapbook.

Wait... You're watching me?? That's gross.
Originally Posted by Dawg Duty

Biden is an idiot. No argument from me.

Now it would be nice to see symmetry on the matter from the other side, or will that not happen?
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 04:42 PM
I do read through the threads. Sadly that requires me reading your posts too. Thanks for putting that all together. The time you invested in doing so is appreciated. Seeing you post facts about trump is a different look for you.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/18/21 04:42 PM
If it happens it would be the first time it's happened.
Wrong Pit, some of us said a word. Mostly those of us who don't have our wagon hitched to either horse. And when the left sprouts a pair and becomes willing to admit that the housing/banking collapse that Obama had to "save us" from was created far more by the policies of Bill Clinton than it was George Bush... then we can talk about people being willing to put things in proper context... some of us opposed the Bush tax cuts... and we had serious questions about the Bush and the Obama plans to bail out big corporations that were "too big to fail" after the collapse... and we questioned Obama's budget with all of its green initiatives and other ear marked money, a fair amount of which proved to be wasted... and we opposed the Trump tax cuts and the Trump tariffs.... and we opposed the disastrous way that Trump/congress ran their covid stimulus bailout, which is in no small part, the reason we are here.... and we are now questioning the Biden spending packages, which are insane.... but when you run on a platform of "we are going to help everybody" then the only way to fulfill your promise is to come up with a crap ton more money...

So is this Biden's fault? No, it goes back decades and covers probably 8 or 9 Presidents... Is Biden's plan going to make it better, shorter, or more bearable? Not likely. If Trump were still in office, would he have a plan to make it better, shorter, or more bearable? Also, not likely. Will both sides continue to blame the other side and claim that "their guy" would not have gotten us into this or is the only one who can get us out? 100%.
I think there’s a combination of kick the can and hot potato going on right now, because neither wants to recover the right way because doing things the right way nowadays pretty much guarantees your political life and career will be upended pretty quickly.
Posted By: Squires Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 05:19 AM
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I think there’s a combination of kick the can and hot potato going on right now, because neither wants to recover the right way because doing things the right way nowadays pretty much guarantees your political life and career will be upended pretty quickly.

Agreed. Doing things the right way will cause pain in the short term. Businesses shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008. It would have been painful, but better in the long run. Instead, everytime things go south, business are now going to expect the government to bail them out.
Posted By: jfanent Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 11:42 AM
Businesses shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008.

That's when I officially quit the republican party. (It had been brewing, I didn't vote for Bush's second term...I voted for Troy Smith). When McCain left his campaign trail and rushed to the senate floor to assure that the bailout passed, I was through. My last hope for anything positive with the Republicans left with Ron Paul.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 12:06 PM
How does everybody else feel about our natural gas prices doubling?
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 01:24 PM
Wrong Pit, some of us said a word. Mostly those of us who don't have our wagon hitched to either horse. And when the left sprouts a pair and becomes willing to admit that the housing/banking collapse that Obama had to "save us" from was created far more by the policies of Bill Clinton than it was George Bush... then we can talk about people being willing to put things in proper context... some of us opposed the Bush tax cuts... and we had serious questions about the Bush and the Obama plans to bail out big corporations that were "too big to fail" after the collapse... and we questioned Obama's budget with all of its green initiatives and other ear marked money, a fair amount of which proved to be wasted... and we opposed the Trump tax cuts and the Trump tariffs.... and we opposed the disastrous way that Trump/congress ran their covid stimulus bailout, which is in no small part, the reason we are here.... and we are now questioning the Biden spending packages, which are insane.... but when you run on a platform of "we are going to help everybody" then the only way to fulfill your promise is to come up with a crap ton more money...

So is this Biden's fault? No, it goes back decades and covers probably 8 or 9 Presidents... Is Biden's plan going to make it better, shorter, or more bearable? Not likely. If Trump were still in office, would he have a plan to make it better, shorter, or more bearable? Also, not likely. Will both sides continue to blame the other side and claim that "their guy" would not have gotten us into this or is the only one who can get us out? 100%.

That's fair ... But I don't remember any of the usual Trump/GOP supporters railing against Trump's tax cuts. On this thread many/most of the Trump supporters choose to ignore what Trump did and pretend it had no impact on what's happening now regards inflation.

As for the 2008 housing/banking collapse was absolutely closely tied to legislation Bill Clinton enacted. That's fact and has probably been accepted by more than you are suggesting I think.

As for the cost and who is going to pay for the Covid stimulus - the Biden spending packages etc .... The first question in my mind is whether or not the spending is needed/justified. I'd say with the Covid crisis - yes, it was desperately needed. Whether it struck the right balance or got everything exactly right, probably not but the need/justification was there. Biden's packages? On infrastructure - I think most agree we are in dire need. And the cost is going to be huge. Regards Green initiatives, many agree but not all. Many agree but not all of them agree or want to accept the costs that come along with the commitments. And since it's government and politics - will the Bills be efficient and only target areas of worthwhile spending? No. They never are, no matter who writes the legislation and is in office. Bottom line you can look at the big picture and accept that the system for addressing the big picture is flawed with baked in inefficiency and pork - or you can focus on the pork. Sure I'd like to see an end to the Pork - but either do something about it or stop focusing on it when it's convenient for one 'side' - and then ignoring it when it's convenient .... that for sure is a VERY GOP thing to do regards spending, fiscal responsibility and taxes.
Originally Posted by jfanent
Businesses shouldn't have been bailed out in 2008.

That's when I officially quit the republican party. (It had been brewing, I didn't vote for Bush's second term...I voted for Troy Smith). When McCain left his campaign trail and rushed to the senate floor to assure that the bailout passed, I was through. My last hope for anything positive with the Republicans left with Ron Paul.

I was 24/25 at the time, so I probably didn't fully grasp it as well as I should have, but in retrospect, I probably would have left right then along with you. One of the traditional pillars of "bridled" capitalism is that you have to "earn" your way to the top, but once you get there, you are not entitled to stay. That was all thrown out the window in 2008. We incentivized bad behavior at that point in time, and continue to do so.
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 03:27 PM
I'm excited about it. I'm hopeful that all of our prices will double, we're well on our way. Of course, then we'll have to raise the minimum wage to $30. But don't worry -- the young pups will be sure to drop off some soup and crackers at your house when your money runs out.
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 03:31 PM
BTW, GM hit me up with a PM if you're not in a community aggregate program and need to know what to do. A lot of people have no idea they exist in their municipality as they are not listed on the PUCO site for apples to apples comparison.
That was a good post.

I think moving back to the original point, I think there are rational, thoughtful conservative-leaning people who fall into multiple subsets. To boil it down at a high level, I think there are 1) those who feel/felt abandoned when the party took hard turns in 2008 and again in 2013 (TEA Party). They have left the party altogether. 2) There are those who still identify as Republicans, but really don't like where the party is going and their loyalty is eroding. 3) There are those who don't like Trump the person, but still would prefer to have him over the other side. 4) There is the Trumpian base.

My guess is that groups 1 and 2 above were a key contributing factor in the swing from those who voted against Hillary to those who voted for Biden. My guess on Pit's original post is that he was keying in on Groups 3 and 4, with an emphasis on 4. At this point in my life, I have never before witnessed a group, like Group 4. Double speak is always prevalent among politicians and constituents, but I have never before witnessed in this country such a sizable, non-fringe group who combines the radicalism, reality denial, and demagogue championing like I have seen on that front. Just read through the "Thanks Y'all" thread for proof.
Out of curiosity, what is that (I'm completely ignorant on the subject)?
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 03:49 PM
Basically, a community "bands together" to create great buying power when negotiating utility prices. In most cases, the community will send out letters to all consumers and they will need to "opt out" or be converted to the plan. Using this method assures the utility company they will have the lion's share of accounts in the area and allows them to offer very aggressive pricing.

The first couple offers in my area weren't that great (I've always shopped for my own power using the tools at Ohio PUCO, had no choice with the consumption at my restaurant). Problem is (at least in my area), if you don't opt in initially, you may not receive letters for future contracts. Besides that, a lot of people think it is a scam (besides it being a bitter pill) when someone is making you opt out of something... they figure they better, or they'll get screwed. Many others simply don't trust their community govt.

I don't know why the aggregate programs aren't listed at PUCO site, my best guess is that competing companies have cried foul because they can't match the rates with such a small piece of the pie.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 03:51 PM
I certainly should have qualified my statement by saying "most of you". There are still some very common sense Republicans left such as yourself. It's just sometimes not easy to remember in the Trumpian fog.
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 04:11 PM
We're at a point in time where consumers really need to be aware of their utility prices and contract length... especially contract length... put it on a calendar.

Once your contract expires, you are put on a variable rate plan and the price can be very volatile with no rhyme or reason. I'm no expert on how rates are calculated but I'm guessing there are standards for maximums on what utilities can charge in any given state. So the game probably goes something like this: your rate is based on the commodity price plus an allowable percentage for markup, plus fees and other fluff. So if on Tuesday, October 13th, at 2:13 pm, the commodity reached it's highest price for the month on the open market, that's the base for which your entire month of usage will be billed. The sad thing is, that has nothing to do with what the energy company has paid because their commodity contracts are much "longer" and have plenty of hedges built in. That, in a nutshell is how all these companies get rich... and in many cases how they become corrupt, ie... Enron.

In many states, many of the middlemen have been eliminated (brokers, resellers, etc...). We spent a year in STL from 19-20. There was a cooperative for electric in our suburb. Sure they make a profit, but everything is on the up and up, full rate disclosure describing "where your money goes", everyone is elected to posts by the community that uses the electric. Newsletters and emails, that while containing a lot of "fluff", are still very helpful and informative. And strangely enough, if they made too much money, you get a refund check. They actually called me when my check was returned (we moved) to get a forwarding address, and thank me again for being a customer. saywhat
There is not a single person or commodity on the planet that hasn’t been affected by Covid-19. Inflation was already on the rise with Trump. It is what it is. It was enviable, especially when so many Americans refused the get a free vax to help end this.
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
There is not a single person or commodity on the planet that hasn’t been affected by Covid-19. Inflation was already on the rise with Trump. It is what it is. It was enviable, especially when so many Americans refused the get a free vax to help end this.

a shot doesn't help it. people who have the shots still get it and pass it to others.

really, the only thing the shot does it keeps you (subjectively) from getting as sick as you would have without the shot
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/19/21 06:03 PM
Yes, keeping people from dying is nothing!
Quit whining and put solar panels on your house and in your yard.
Haha, I know you're joking, but I would actually like to do something like that to also power my EV if I didn't think we were going to swap houses at some point in the next 2-3 years.
Here is the underlying issue with inflation.

We shut things down last year, and now that we are getting back to a somewhat new normal, there is a lot of pent up demand for everything, and the dribbles that existed during the pandemic, are now floodgates.

It has happened with business, as well as individuals... The pandemic turned a lot of things off, and now activity is high....
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/20/21 03:19 AM
Biden has SO MUCH to answer for.

https://gcaptain.com/shipping-line-cma-cgm-posts-5-6-billion-quarterly-profit/
This is purple.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/20/21 11:06 AM
Quit whining and put solar panels on your house and in your yard.

Nope I'm going to dig up my yard and get all the coal I can to burn wink
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/24/21 03:44 AM
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/biden-energy-granholm-us-oil-barrell-50-million

Biden's Energy Secretary is completely clueless. Its the blind leading the blind.
Posted By: FATE Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/24/21 06:10 AM
Originally Posted by EveDawg
https://www.foxbusiness.com/media/biden-energy-granholm-us-oil-barrell-50-million

Biden's Energy Secretary is completely clueless. Its the blind leading the blind.
"I don't have the numbers in front of me." rofl
Yes, keeping people from dying is nothing!

Lot's are still dying. I thought the President he was going to kill the virus and save lives. What happened? LOL

Yes, I know he has little control over that, and unlike you and others around here, I am not holding him responsible and posting the daily death totals.
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/24/21 01:17 PM
No but you are happy to try and draw a false equivalent between people's reaction to Trump's inept, incompetent, deceitful response to Covid ... that cost tens or thousands if not hundreds of thousands of American lives ... and the way Biden has handled the Covid situation.

You also seem willing to create a false narrative that indicates that someone, somewhere ever suggested the "no people would die" once Biden was POTUS. Something not true.
Originally Posted by EveDawg

All Biden had to do to be successful is...

NOTHING!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/24/21 04:00 PM
The vast majority of reasonable people are safe from death and hospitalizations. For the rest? You can't fix stupid.
The vast majority of reasonable people are safe from death and hospitalizations. For the rest? You can't fix stupid.
Exactly.. must be time to roll out a new, more dangerous, variant.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/30/21 05:51 PM
Oh dear Lord. I know you're not stupid enough to believe that.
Yes he does. The whole world is a conspiracy to certain people.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/30/21 06:53 PM
No, no he doesn't. There are certainly Trumpians and conspiracy theorists on this board but DC isn't one of them.
If he doesn't want to be perceived that way, he shouldn't regurgitate their talking points.

In his last post, he, seems Trumpian to me.

[Linked Image from d2z1w4aiblvrwu.cloudfront.net]
No, no he doesn't. There are certainly Trumpians and conspiracy theorists on this board but DC isn't one of them.

DC is a good guy for keeping your fence warm since you LEFT.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/30/21 07:12 PM
You elected Trump. You "left me" no choice. Try nominating someone sane who is a decent human being next time.
Trumpism doesn't necessarily mean you have to support Trump in all things. It can mean you support the things he stood for as POTUS, in part or entirety. It can also mean you take Faux News Trumpian right-wing rhetoric and regurgitate it, even just bits and pieces. I view Trumpism as a political disease that must be annihilated in all forms to avoid a fascists' foothold in American politics. And in a fight for the survival of our democracy, against fascism, small things matter.

Yes, DC is a good guy, and I don't think he supports Trump, but he damn sure uses the talking points.
You elected Trump. You "left me" no choice. Try nominating someone sane who is a decent human being next time.

So your answer was to elect a senile old man who pretends to be a president while running the Country into the ground?

Shame!

So your answer was to elect a senile old man who pretends to be a president while running the Country into the ground?

Shame!

Biden is running nothing. The Chinese officially run the US since the 2020 Election STEAL.

99% of Washington has sold out to China LONG ago.

Look at their results: Covid variants, Inflation and supply chain stoppage.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/30/21 09:09 PM

Shame!

None of what you said has any evidence to back it up. And you don't pretend to be president when you won the electoral college. That means you are president. And nobody is running the country into the ground. If you had your way we would be a dictatorship right now.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/30/21 09:10 PM
rofl
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 11/30/21 10:45 PM

The other variants were bad enough. Already killed four of my friends. Please don't down play any variant as the next one could involve your family or friends frown
Originally Posted by SuperBrown

Shame!

Biden is running nothing. The Chinese officially run the US since the 2020 Election STEAL.

99% of Washington has sold out to China LONG ago.

Look at their results: Covid variants, Inflation and supply chain stoppage.

Off your meds?

The other variants were bad enough. Already killed four of my friends. Please don't down play any variant as the next one could involve your family or friends frown

It's tough knowing you are feeling like I was a few weeks ago when my cousin's husband died so suddenly. I came in here and pled the same case you are pleading now. They don't care. They just don't care.
Originally Posted by tastybrownies
Does anyone just flat out think our president ... I'm tired of beating around the bush, this man is (.v.) in every single way shape or form.

When is this (redacted) going to actually do something good for this country?
. At this point I feel I have more economics education than he does.

Yahoo

President Joe Biden says he is prepared to go to battle with inflation, as government data confirms a pace of price increases not seen in decades.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported Wednesday morning that prices rose 6.2% on a year-over-year basis in October. A pace that fast has not been recorded on the Consumer Price Index since December 1990.

The Fed, which has been pumping money into the economy through the COVID-19 crisis, is warning that high inflationary prints will likely last through new year's. This month, the Fed will take the first steps in paring back its stimulative policies � by slowing the pace of its bond purchases.

�I want to reemphasize my commitment to the independence of the Federal Reserve to monitor inflation, and take steps necessary to combat it,� Biden said in the statement.

Brian Cheung is a reporter covering the Fed, economics, and banking for Yahoo Finance. You can follow him on Twitter @bcheungz.

" Ehh! What's up doc!" Ya know something,

When the politician says "middle class" they are insulting you. They are insulting anyone who, is not already in the super economic elite, and is currently benefiting off the hardships of hundreds of thousands of beaten masses.
If you are not a multi millionaire, living off the backs of all your employees, then you are not even middle class, to these politicians.
If you know anyone, came across anyone, or even walked by anyone who is not a multi millionaire or richer, living off the backs of all of their employees, by being a CEO or Owner of some company
then they are not middle class.

It is Not a middle class, there is no such thing as a middle class, not in 2020, not in 2021, not in the 2000s, not in the 1990s, the middle class was a thing of history, many many years ago.

When the politician, wants to lie to you, and make you feel better, they are going to blow smoke up the phantom "middle class" and know you want to feel better by thinking that means you.
It doesn't. YOu are Not Middle Class.
The politician, isn't going to tell you the truth, the truth that they are set to STOMP on milliions and millions of a mericians, economically,

because they have to. Because it's the only way it works! Their system. And that means you. YOU.

There are only 2 classes in this Country.
Those that are getting TREADED ON, and those that THINK they are not.

But guess what. Just like all Ponzi schemes.
they all fall down.
I agree with your post THROW! Wow!!
It’s called late stage capitalism. It’s where we are. But God forbid we change anything. You know, because communism/socialism/isms in general. So we must trudge forward because only capitalism works… or something.
It's a dynamic I truly do not understand. Part of a number of historical situations where I think future generations will look back and go "what the hell were they thinking?"

"Don't play with matches." Good idea.

"Don't run with scissors." Good idea.

"Don't drive drunk." Good idea.

"Wear a seatbelt." Good idea.

"Put on clothes." Good idea.

"Social distance, wear a mask, and/or get vaccinated against a deadly pandemic." DoN't YoU TeLl Me WhAt To DO!!!!!
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/01/21 03:35 PM
Fox host Lara Logan compares Fauci to Nazi death camp doctor Mengele

Auschwitz memorial museum calls comparison ‘shameful,’ lamenting journalist’s exploitation of Holocaust for use in modern-day debate on vaccines

https://www.timesofisrael.com/fox-host-lara-logan-compares-fauci-to-nazi-death-camp-doctor-mengele/

How much lower can they go? Stay tuned....
smh. Tokyo Rose 2.0.
Hundreds immediately show up, simultaneously saying, "hold my beer..."
The only thing more dangerous than the notion she is bringing up is the amount of people who go along with it.
" Running with scissors" ehh, not really that big of a problem, rarely a problem.

If Inflation is at a 30 year high?????

What the heck was going on 31 years ago? rofl
This is why American workers need to forget about any kind of corporate loyalty and go for the juggler when it comes to negotiating pay. Layoffs happen, but this guy is a POS for doing it this way. I hope the internet destroys that company.

Posted By: EveDawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/07/21 05:14 AM
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

That damn juggler. He's evil I tell ya!
Umm ya, jugular, my bad. Good catch surprisingly. I'm shook, because I expected you to correct me about as much as I suspect that Throw is an English Professor. wink

Now how about a comment on the content? Or is that asking too much from the grammar popo?
Posted By: EveDawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/07/21 06:48 AM
Ok.

It seems to me that this startup is being run irresponsibly and they need to review leadership in the company. As well as their policies.

I predict that company is a fail.

Theres no good way to lay off employees, but I will tell you how Delta did it when I worked there. They gave everybody a pay cut. So all the more talented expensive experienced employees quit of their own accord. So it was their choice and no layoffs happened. Same result as if a layoff happened without all the negative dramatic impact.

Not to say Delta never had layoffs. But I just remember that strategy. It worked fairly well.
First, I didn't open the link, so maybe it was explained, but I will offer my opinion with you knowing i didn't watch.

First, layoffs suck...everybody knows that. Especially mass layoffs. It's one thing to terminate a dozen people v hundreds.

Second, layoffs don't just happen for no good reason, especially mass layoffs. It doesn't sound like that company is doing all that well if they have to let go 900 people. A company many times can carry some "fat" and keep a few extra people around, but 900 is way more than "fat".

Third, as I am sure you well know, the watercooler network is pretty strong in most companies. Most people have a feel if something like that is going to happen. I think most knew that invite to zoom with the CEO was bad news. I think you were in the Navy. You had your usual chain of command for whatever rank you held. If your boatswain wanted to see you....normal stuff. If you were told to report to the Captain at 13:00, you'd be hoping it was because you did something well, but more likely you would be sweating your ass off.
The timeline isn't really clear, but it sounds like this layoff is happening on the heels of a lot of hiring and an acquisition along with a cash infusion.

Layoffs suck but they happen (especially when a company is going through the activity above). It's normal. That said, this CEO sounds really weak and a tool. Generally, companies don't do well under this type of leadership. Layoffs before the holidays are indicative of a complete lack of tact (for lack of a better word) and/or planning. Why not lay these people off earlier when hiring was bonkers earlier this summer?

The article also doesn't mention what the severance packages were, so there's hope for those involved.
Investors brace for the highest inflation reading in nearly 40 years

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/09/inv...nflation-reading-in-nearly-40-years.html
The results are in!

Inflation surged 6.8%, even more than expected, in November to fastest rate since 1982

President Joe Biden has been paying a political price for surging prices: A recent CNBC survey showed his approval rating stuck at just 41%, due in large part to 56% of respondents who disapprove of his economic record, compared to just 37% who approve.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/12/10/consumer-price-index-november-2021.html
"Inflation is the thief of the Middle Class."

-Ronald Reagan
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/10/21 03:49 PM
Supporting Trump while quoting Reagan is comparable to being sacrilegious. You are no longer the party of Reagan.
Posted By: Swish Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/10/21 03:56 PM
The results are in!

Inflation surged 6.8%, even more than expected, in November to fastest rate since 1982

President Joe Biden has been paying a political price for surging prices: A recent CNBC survey showed his approval rating stuck at just 41%, due in large part to 56% of respondents who disapprove of his economic record, compared to just 37% who approve.

Inflation didn’t come close to offsetting my stock market gains so oh well #conservatism
Posted By: mgh888 Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/10/21 03:59 PM
Supporting Trump while quoting Reagan is comparable to being sacrilegious. You are no longer the party of Reagan.

Quoted for turth.
[Linked Image from cartercenter.org]
Wow! Someone who's done more in one day of his life to improve the nation than you've done in your entire existence.
Jimmy Carter is happier than a man with a grilled weinerdog to be number two, under Biden, on the list of worst presidents ever thumbsup

-Ronald Reagan
Fair point and true.. but economic growth has consistently outpaced inflation so we have been creating an unsustainable condition for quite a while... inflation has been kept at bay by manipulating fed policies, importing cheap goods, and wage stagnation at the bottom of the earnings scale... eventually it catches up with you.
You're still fired up with hate for non-conservatives! notallthere
Originally Posted by rockdogg
Wow! Someone who's done more in one day of his life to improve the nation than you've done in your entire existence.

By far the most Christian president in modern times. And it isn’t even close. donny certainly couldn’t even begin to hold a candle to him.
He’s a model American. Respectful, good husband and father, charitable, humble, etc.
He may not have been a great president, but he’s a good man.
Well, Biden's policies of shutting down oil production and at the same time pumping to much money into the economy while there is a shortage of things to buy causing the "Transitory" wish to collapse has certainly brought inflation on faster.

Now that rampant inflation is secured, its on to finishing off small businesses with Mandates.

Downhill we go.

I don't hate non-conservatives, I hate what they are doing to the best Nation the world has ever known.
There's no doubt Jimmy is a good man. None, whatsoever. Bad president? Perhaps, but good man.

As for inflation, does anyone know why it's going up? Sure, pandemic. Supply shortages, cause too few want to work. That leads to higher wages to get people to work. Great idea, right?

Eh, most of the higher wages are more than eaten up by the inflation. And we all pay. I've raised my prices, so that I can pay my bills, not sit on extra money.

It's weird, isn't it, how it all comes around, full circle, just like someone I know very well said long ago. Jack the wages up, watch the prices go up as much, if not more.
The results are in!

So? Tell me when any president has faced the unprecedented fallout from a complete economic shut down by his predecessor? I am pleased in the way this has been handled, and if we ever get back to being able to be productive again, it will pay off in spades. But y'all want Biden to get out there himself and unload ships, drive trucks, and coddle you like infants after y'all elected a domestic terrorist who all but destroyed the democracy. SMH, your opinions don't matter.

-Ronald Reagan

No, Ron, your trickle down voodoo economics did that.
Jimmy Carter is happier than a man with a grilled weinerdog to be number two, under Biden, on the list of worst presidents ever thumbsup

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]

I don't hate non-conservatives, I hate what they are doing to the best Nation the world has ever known.

Improving the country bothers you? So sad.
There's no doubt Jimmy is a good man. None, whatsoever. Bad president? Perhaps, but good man.

As for inflation, does anyone know why it's going up? Sure, pandemic. Supply shortages, cause too few want to work. That leads to higher wages to get people to work. Great idea, right?

Eh, most of the higher wages are more than eaten up by the inflation. And we all pay. I've raised my prices, so that I can pay my bills, not sit on extra money.

It's weird, isn't it, how it all comes around, full circle, just like someone I know very well said long ago. Jack the wages up, watch the prices go up as much, if not more.

When you live in hybrid oligarchic corporatocracy, they tend to want to gobble up all the economic cash infusions to get their 90+% of the pie… rolleyes Stop falling for all the Fox News reasons Dems destroy everything a see the facts.

Who is "they"?

When you live in hybrid oligarchic corporatocracy, they tend to want to gobble up all the economic cash infusions to get their 90+% of the pie… rolleyes Stop falling for all the Fox News reasons Dems destroy everything a see the facts.

I really can't make sense out of this post.

Fact: Jacking up wages has jacked up prices, yet companies still can't find employees that will work - WORK.

Inflation is here. Enjoy it. Raise your prices. Not to make more, just to keep up. The consumers, the working class, will be worse off due to inflation. Mark my words. I said it many months ago. Here it is. Enjoy your higher wages. Those on the low end aren't able to keep up. The middle class is struggling.

Watch your heating bills this winter, cost of food, insurance, pretty much everything.

Inflation pulls no one up. Inflation sucks everyone down.
Posted By: GMdawg Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/11/21 11:19 AM
Inflation is here. Enjoy it. Raise your prices. Not to make more, just to keep up. The consumers, the working class, will be worse off due to inflation. Mark my words. I said it many months ago. Here it is. Enjoy your higher wages. Those on the low end aren't able to keep up. The middle class is struggling.

and those on fixed incomes (mostly the old, and the disabled) are taking it up the backside with no lube.

Who is "they"?

I’d like to take it a step further, and ask what he considers to be a conservative.

He considers me a liberal, so that makes you one, too, DC. Welcome to the club.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/11/21 04:17 PM
j/c

What makes no sense is this. arch says " Supply shortages, cause too few want to work. That leads to higher wages to get people to work." Where the hell did he get this from?

Hundreds of thousands of jobs are being created every month. Where does he think all of these new people are going to come from to fill those jobs? Where does he think they came from?

The federal unemployment benefits ended every where after the first week of September. People haven't been getting that money for months. They're working. But when a million new jobs get created, you have to have a million people to fill them. Approximately 450k jobs were created in October alone.

People simply have more jobs to choose from. When more jobs get created it increases the number of jobs available. People have more choices and companies must compete for workers. It's that same supply and demand they crow about so often. The trouble is, when it starts working in the direction of where workers benefit they try and look for someone to blame for it. And as per usual, it's the American worker.
Posted By: Squires Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/11/21 05:49 PM
j/c

What makes no sense is this. arch says " Supply shortages, cause too few want to work. That leads to higher wages to get people to work." Where the hell did he get this from?

The labor participation rate is still lower than what it was precovid. That rate is still lower than what it was pre-2008. Overall, in the last 12 years, fewer people are working.
Posted By: PitDAWG Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 12/11/21 05:56 PM
Employers Face Hiring Challenge as Boomers Retire in Record Numbers

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandto...as-boomers-retire-in-record-numbers.aspx

Baby Boomers Are Leaving The Workforce To Live Their Best Lives In A Silver Tsunami ‘Great Retirement’ Trend

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackke...-great-retirement-trend/?sh=18a1c9ee260b

As I said, it's a supply and demand issue.

Raw numbers would work fine if one actually refuses to look at what those numbers mean and why those numbers exist.
Posted By: Squires Re: Inflation at a 30 Year High!!! WTH Biden - 01/13/22 06:48 AM
jc

Inflation gave average worker 2.4% paycut.
© DawgTalkers.net