DawgTalkers.net
Nancy Pelosi now at San Francisco hospital with her husband

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is now at the hospital in San Francisco to see her husband, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Paul Pelosi underwent surgery for a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands, according to a statement from Speaker Pelosi’s spokesperson. He is expected to make a full recovery, it said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/nancy-pelosi-husband-paul-attack

The world we now live in. Fascists attacking politician’s families in the USA. Pfffft … trump and his henchmen out for murder.
Biden On Political Extremism: 'Condemn What Produces The Violence'

Members Of Congress React To Rise In Threats Following Paul Pelosi Attack

Check my posts.

I've been saying this for the past 10 years:
What you are seeing is the iceberg's tip.

You think it's bad now?
Check back with me in another 18 months.
We can all compare notes.
The world we live it.

Looks like the Dems are taking this crime seriously. Maybe it's a starting point.
You are becoming more and more demented with age.
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You are becoming more and more programmed.

Fixed it for you
I'm pretty happy with my original comment although yours certainly enters into it.

Demented

driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement.
Assault is... assault. That person should be prosecuted if it wasn't self-defense.

We will learn more as the facts come out.
How could defending yourself in your own home not be self defense? What more facts do you need?
How could defending yourself in your own home not be self defense? What more facts do you need?

No clue - I try not to pre-judge. I haven't read anything except the few sentences that were posted here.

I do know this is not the first time in history that Americans have attacked politicians and influential figures in their homes. - We have a history of assault, assignations, and destruction of property against these people.
Well let me fill you in just a bit. He has a history of being an election denier, a conspiracy theorist and one of the first things he said when entering the home was "Where's Nancy!?" And you are correct that we have a history of such things. The only main difference I see now is that we have some of those in power helping instigate the crazies into acting on such things.
gotcha - yeah. in that case, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Many politicians have been using social media to wind up people on both sides of the political spectrum for the last 8-ish years.
Could you please give me examples of where those on the left have said that an election was stolen and as a result you had to "fight" to keep your county? I can give you a huge amount of examples where those on the right and many social networks such as Parlor, 4chan and other far right social networks display many such calls and even calls for a civil war. Can you show me anywhere where the left has stormed the capital searching for the speaker of the house defecating in their office and in the capital and and constructing a noose on capital grounds while chanting to hang the vice president of the U.S.? You're trying to create a false equivalency.
Did everyone hear trumps response to this?
Could you please give me examples of where those on the left have said that an election was stolen and as a result you had to "fight" to keep your county? I can give you a huge amount of examples where those on the right and many social networks such as Parlor, 4chan and other far right social networks display many such calls and even calls for a civil war. Can you show me anywhere where the left has stormed the capital searching for the speaker of the house defecating in their office and in the capital and and constructing a noose on capital grounds while chanting to hang the vice president of the U.S.? You're trying to create a false equivalency.

What you are failing to realize is your selecting one thing while D's and R's are both guilty of most of these issues equally. I can find hundreds of instances where politicians going back to 2006 on the D side (as well as the R side) that were using APIs leveraging AI/ML/social ads and fake social media profiles to tweet/retweet or post/share false/distorted information and encourage violence or cause people to question reality while posting a small percentage of factual information.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-115shrg27398/pdf/CHRG-115shrg27398.pdf

*Election manipulations through social media ads has been happening since around 2006.
Oh well, both sides do it... UMM NOPE. The Dems have yet to be fascist, authoritarian-seeking, conspiracy theory-believing, poorly informed, low-brow hold-my-beer voters. And I'm not saying that's what you or all GOPers are; it's just who you are from the perspective of the left.
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Oh well, both sides do it... UMM NOPE. The Dems have yet to be fascist, authoritarian-seeking, conspiracy theory-believing, poorly informed, low-brow hold-my-beer voters. And I'm not saying that's what you or all GOPers are; it's just who you are from the perspective of the left.

Irony of timing...

Sorry. Not there yet.

I don't really understand your comment. I am glad this crime is being taken seriously. There isn't much doubt that the democratic agenda has been to let criminals skate.
I'm pretty happy with my original comment although yours certainly enters into it.

Demented

driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement.
I was thinking of calling everything communist for the last few months. Programmed ... conditioned.... groomed... brain washed .... that was where I was headed.
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Irony of timing...

the irony is her posting this while red states attempt to erase her from existence.
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Sorry. Not there yet.

I don't really understand your comment. I am glad this crime is being taken seriously. There isn't much doubt that the democratic agenda has been to let criminals skate.

Don't worry. You are not the demented one on here.
So the take away from the sick ass comments in this thread is. Both sides do it? tsktsk Pffft. Maybe the GOPers campaigning in future elections could tone down the hate show fewer guns and add more content of their plans and agenda to help reduce all this violence a tad. Maybe condemn those who incite and perpetrate political violence. Just a thought.
Then we have MAGA trolls like this stirring up the pot here, there, and everywhere,

Originally Posted by SuperBrown

We know, Mr Pelosi won’t be getting well wishes from your kind.

Irony of timing...

"Shut up Caitlyn, you're only courageous when you're toeing the line. Your opinions are your opinions when we tell you their your opinions"
I think one of the most frustrating thing about society nowadays is the two major philosophies that control the narrative are:

1. You must be this way or you are going to hell/not a person/sinful/don't deserve to exist, etc

and

2. "Please feel free to be whoever you are...wait...no, not like that."

I wish the group of people who I think comprise the majority would be more vocal in just going "I don't give a crap who you are, just do you and I'll do me" but that's a hard thing to avidly proclaim. It's like trying to find a way to demonstrate against picketing.
j/c:

Excerpts from the Paul Pelosi Story Elon Musk Tweeted and Then Took Down

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/excerpts-paul-pelosi-story-elon-musk-tweeted-took/
If you post your opinions on Twitter, Tik Tok, or any social media, be ready for backlash. From my experience, when it comes to social media and internet communication forms, the negative rules supreme.

The old saying, "You'll get more complaints than compliments" rings true across social media as well. People are more vocal when they disagree with something, than when they agree with it.
trumps response is the most significant of all of them.

Sorry. Not there yet.

You seem to be confusing being demented with dementia. They're not the same thing. What you are doing however is repeating the Republican party line that is being spoon fed to you. As much as you seem to refuse to understand this, democrats are the victims of crime and take it as serious as Republicans do. Mass incarceration for non violent offenses is probably the biggest difference between the two parties.
So you have nothing to dispute that at the present time it's Republicans who are promoting violence and not the Democrats. I don't think you have been paying attention.
Originally Posted by BADdog

You keep saying that, but I haven't seen his response -- please share.
Irony of timing...

There is no irony. Try to focus. Who are the Democrat politicians that have said or done things that would have encouraged this?

Originally Posted by FATE

Exactly

Exactly

Ahhh, you're mad because he hasn't said anything. thumbsup
https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-jr-mocks-paul-pelosi-hammer-attack/

Donald Trump Jr. Mocks Paul Pelosi Hammer Attack as Homophobic Conspiracy Theories Sweep Right-Wing Media
Trump Jr. shared a photo making light of the 82-year-old's life-threatening injuries, days after Pelosi underwent brain surgery to repair a skull fracture from being beaten with a hammer Just three days after Paul Pelosi was violently attacked in his San Francisco home and underwent surgery for a skull fracture, Donald Trump Jr. took to social media to mock Nancy Pelosi's husband, sharing a meme that shows a Paul "costume" consisting of a pair of underwear and a hammer.

"Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready," read the caption for the meme, which 44-year-old Trump Jr. shared to both Twitter and Instagram.

"OMG," Trump Jr. wrote in his reposts. "The internet remains undefeated."

Paul Pelosi Is Undergoing Brain Surgery After Being Attacked with Hammer in His Home: Report
Trump Jr.'s mockery comes days after the 82-year-old underwent brain surgery and treatment for facial injuries after an intruder armed with a hammer attacked him.

U.S. Capitol Police revealed that Nancy was in Washington, D.C. at the time of the overnight assault, in which the intruder "confronted the speaker's husband" and shouted, "Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?" per CNN sources. They then attempted to tie Paul up "until Nancy got home," and was still "waiting for Nancy" when police arrived, sources said.

Right-wing media sources have been rife with conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack, some of them spurred by new Twitter owner Elon Musk, who responded to a tweet from former first lady Hillary Clinton by sharing a link to a site that once bizarrely reported Clinton had died and been replaced by a lookalike.

After Clinton wrote that it is unsurprising that "hate and deranged conspiracy theories" have lead to violence, Musk — who has 112 million followers on the platform he recently acquired — responded by linking to a website that espouses conspiracy theories.

"There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye," Musk wrote, along with a link to a false news story that suggested Paul's injuries had been caused by a male prostitute whom he'd met at a gay bar and gotten into a dispute with on the morning of the attack.

Police sources have refuted this claim and said that the two did not know one another prior to the break-in, yet the hashtag #PelosiGayLover has gained popularity among extremists who continue to push misinformation.

Musk's tweet later disappeared, though it is unclear if he deleted it or if it was removed by the platform's content moderators.

Both sides don’t pull this crap. The right wing loonies are out for violence…. to silence. The world we live in.
I'm certainly not mad about it but his silence because that's pretty much what I expected from him. But his silence in and of itself speaks volumes. When a man does everything to promote upheaval but refuses to do anything to help defuse it, his intentions are obvious. As if they weren't obvious already.
Didn't we all sort of see that kind of thing coming? But yeah, there's people saying that both sides act the same in such situations. Which we both know is BS.
And of course Don Jr. doubled down on it this morning....

Donald Trump Jr. Doubles Down on Mocking Paul Pelosi’s Violent Break-in

Former President Donald Trump’s extremely online son Donald Trump Jr.—known to his followers as the “Meme Wars General”—couldn’t resist mocking Nancy Pelosi’s 82-year-old husband being assaulted by a hammer-wielding attacker. The meme Trump Jr. posted on Sunday night featured a pair of Hanes underwear and a hammer alongside the caption: “Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready.” Trump Jr. further commented: “If you switch out the hammer for a red feather boa, you can instantly transform yourself into a Hunter Biden.” Naturally, his followers went wild, and a few hours after posting the meme, he’d racked up over 50,000 likes. A Trump Jr. spokesperson didn’t return The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Sunday night.

On Monday morning, Trump Jr. doubled down, posting a South Park-inspired meme that regurgitated the same fact-free conspiracy theory that Elon Musk tweeted then deleted. “Dear fact-checkers, this has nothing at all to do with anything going on in the news and simply posting a cartoon of what appears to be an altered South Park scene,” he wrote.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donal...eI6x6wv97WsVUiNOMj_W2XPAGta64qTsBibE-Odk

Exactly

Hold on. It's hard to find on Google, because every result is criticizing him for not responding, but there's this:

Former President Donald Trump weighed in on the brutal hammer attack targeting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, calling the violence “a terrible thing.”

The former president addressed the violent assault at the Pelosis’ home in San Francisco while discussing rising crime rates in what he called “Democrat-run cities.”

“With Paul Pelosi, that’s a terrible thing, and with all of them, that’s a terrible thing,” Trump said in an interview with the conservative Spanish-language network Americano Media.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/donald-trump-calls-attack-on-paul-pelosi-a-terrible-thing/
I really don’t get the gay conspiracy twist with the MAGA GOPer loonie’s. As if an argument in a gay bar gives team crazy the right to pummel somebody nearly to death in his own home.
So he blamed it on the democrats rather than what he helped inspire that contributed to what happened. Not surprising.
It's never been about validity. Only to pwn the dems.
Really? No prayers? Just A “terrible thing” that ‘s it? And he helped create the “terrible thing”. And then he basically called out the Dems for causing it as the party of lawlessness. LOL pffft. Your hero.
So he blamed it on the democrats rather than what he helped inspire that contributed to what happened. Not surprising.

I guess if your takeaway from a psychopath that attacks someone with a hammer is that he would have been normal if Trump stayed out of the White House...

I guess if your takeaway from a psychopath that attacks someone with a hammer is that he would have been normal if Trump stayed out of the White House...

My takeaway is that there are certainly psychopaths within our society. Inspiring those psychopaths to act on their thoughts certainly contributes to the problem. And this is from your own source, not mine....

The former president addressed the violent assault at the Pelosis’ home in San Francisco while discussing rising crime rates in what he called “Democrat-run cities.”

I didn't make it up. Why should I act like it didn't happen? It's his typical bait and switch con game. "It's terrible that this happened but what do you expect in a democrat run city?"
rofl yeah ok, Doctor Fate. You nor I have any idea what snapped in this lunatic. I will wager a guess that the rhetoric put out by extreme right wing candidates and their minion loonies these days has just a little bit to do with this minion’s actions. #whereisnancy #firePelosi

My takeaway is that there are certainly psychopaths within our society. Inspiring those psychopaths to act on their thoughts certainly contributes to the problem. And this is from your own source, not mine....

I didn't make it up. Why should I act like it didn't happen? It's his typical bait and switch con game. "It's terrible that this happened but what do you expect in a democrat run city?"

Just curious... Is it Trump's fault he was being interviewed about rising crime rates?

"Trump was asked about the incident involving Pelosi in the greater context of rising crime rates across the US during Friday’s interview at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida."

Weren't you, I, and a few others railing against cherry-picking and pulling quotes out of context? The interview was about crime rates. More specifically, Illinois ending cash bail and the affect of letting career criminals, and violent offenders with mental issues, out on the street. Apparently, then the subject of Paul Pelosi came up.

I suspect no one on the left would be satisfied unless Trump booked time on CNN and specifically blamed himself.

I see what you're saying regarding the psychopaths. I think what we have to admit though is that the psychopaths have been galvanized over the last two years in a way we haven't really seen before. I can't speak for Pit, but that's what concerns me.

And ignore Perfect. You're not going to have a valuable back-and-forth there. He doesn't realize he's part of the problem.
The question about what happened to Pelosi had nothing to do with crime rates. Until of course trump tied what happened to Pelosi into democrats controlling the city where it happened.

You seem to be suggesting that an interview only pertains to one topic and that an interviewer limits their questions to one topic alone. That isn't what happened here.
I will say in Perfects defense you certainly seem to refuse to hold trump accountable for sewing and cultivating the culture and misinformation that leads to things like this and Jan. 6th. As though inspiring and motivating these nut jobs to act out has nothing to do with it. All one needs to do is look at all of this guys social media posts to see that trump's election denials and right wing conspiracy theories helped inspire him.
Originally Posted by dawglover05

I see what you're saying regarding the psychopaths. I think what we have to admit though is that the psychopaths have been galvanized over the last two years in a way we haven't really seen before. I can't speak for Pit, but that's what concerns me.

And ignore Perfect. You're not going to have a valuable back-and-forth there. He doesn't realize he's part of the problem.

Psychopaths have been galvanized over the ease of the "15 minutes". Psychopaths have been galvanized by social media. It started with 24 hour news cycles showing violent content on loop and has transgressed to the very thing we've discussed recently... you made the perfect post today... media promoting extremes as the norm when the majority can't give two $h*ts.

I just don't understand how people I consider to be intelligent, have exhibited themselves as being intelligent, are still trying to act like it is all one side. And that anybody that supports anything even leaning "right" is a MAGA GOPer, and in essence, responsible for all the violence.
True dawg. I have to lower myself many levels to have any kind of conversation with the trump minions around here. Having a meaningful conversation with anyone who defends trump and other GOP elected officials who incite violence against US citizens and opposition elected officials is tedious because there is nothing I can possibly say that would persuade them to condemn trump and his “Team Crazy”. Can’t fix stupid. And I’m called the lamebrain.
There's a vast difference in being "responsible for all the violence" and being a big contributing factor in a lot of it. More and more far right, election denying Republicans are running for and being elected. Pretending that isn't a contributing factor in all of this undoing of democracy and social unrest by what I see as otherwise intelligent people is beyond me as well.

I mean trump even held a rally, worked up a crowd and TOLD them to march to the capital and you seem to act like that had nothing to do with what happened? That those on the right saying the left had stolen the elction and were taking their country away has nothing to do with this? Really? Come on now.
And that anybody that supports anything even leaning "right" is a MAGA GOPer, and in essence, responsible for all the violence.
Such as? I used to call myself a Republican. I’m listening. Let’s test your theory.
I certainly don't think you are responsible. I never meant to even infer such. However, I do agree with you that I'm intelligent wink

I do agree that psychopaths have been galvanized and that the cable news cycle is at fault for the lion's share of it. It may just be that the left is further behind on the timeline, but with the far right devolving to the point of January 6th, formulating assassination plots for governors, and breaking into politicians' homes and assaulting their elderly spouses to the point of needing cerebral procedures, I think that ice berg tip has made its way above the water, and it needs attention. To combat that notion, you would at least expect widespread, public condemnation instantly from all figures on the right, vs the misinformation and trolling that has run rampant that actually fans the flames.

I would likely believe that you and I on the issues are probably very close, based on everything I've seen on here. Where I think we differ is that I have become much more outspoken against the far right because I originally considered Republican to be my home team and now I feel like I'm watching Rachel Phelps take it over, and it irks me to my core.

To your point, I think you have been asserting that the left also has a lot of issues, and it does. That the old guard of Pelosi's and McConnell's of the world think that business as usual is the rescuing point of all this when they are the ones that started forming said iceberg in the first place. Also, many on that side do take the erred stand that those who highlight the issues on the left are therein condoning what's happening on the right. That isn't true.

To me, though, it's about putting out the worst part of the fire, first. Right now, thatis dealing with the extremism seen on the far right. Oddly enough, if that can ever be done, I bet you would find more allies in people that you argue with on here, like OCD and Pit, when it comes to refocusing on getting the left back in shape too.
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
True dawg. I have to lower myself many levels to have any kind of conversation with the trump minions around here. Having a meaningful conversation with anyone who defends trump and other GOP elected officials who incite violence against US citizens and opposition elected officials is tedious because there is nothing I can possibly say that would persuade them to condemn trump and his “Team Crazy”. Can’t fix stupid. And I’m called the lamebrain.

He's not doing that, and you know it. You realize that your posts are 90% trolling and that you're not improving anything. That's the last I'll speak on the matter with you.

He's not doing that, and you know it. You realize that your posts are 90% trolling and that you're not improving anything. That's the last I'll speak on the matter with you.

Lol ok gee I’ll miss u…anyways he’s not condemning trump and his minions rhetoric and conspiracy theories that trigger the violence. And I was speaking in general terms in my reply to you. Not directed towards fate alone. And If trolling in your book is calling out trump minions. So be it.
Not sure how people are tying what this lunatic did to Trump in the first place. Just because he had some political stuff on his computer. I have heard reports that this wackoo is a progressive. He is a nudist. That does not sound conservative to me. His girlfriend has stated he is a progressive. An illegal immigrant from Canada that has had multiple arrests in the past but has not been deported because of San Fransico's sanctuary city policies. The place where he lives has an LGBTQ flag and Black Lives Matter written in a window. He would not have been in California if not for the immigration policies of the left. Crime in SF has skyrocketed with Newsome's policies. I guess when you make your bed and the rooster's come home let's blame the other side?
Actually I think you captured the gist of it. I'm not a far left progressive. Many of my views are pretty moderate for the most part. Of course I suppose that depends on the lens one looks through. Many issues I see more as humanitarian issues many see as being political ones. So that tends to blur the lines somewhat. I do agree that it's the media that tends to focus on what these far right nut jobs regurgitate. The problem is if these politicians and crazies weren't regurgitating it to begin with they wouldn't have that fodder to spread. The seeds being sown in all of this begin with those who republican voters are actually electing. And like a cancer its spreading out of control with what we see as no real attempt to root it out of their party.

The future of our election process looks bleak to put it mildly. We are seeing more and more running for office and favored to win who believe their state elections should not have been certified. Who claim we have a fake president in office. Who believe that states can overrule their electors and replace them with electors who can certify who they wanted to win while ignoring the vote of the people. And the vast majority in the party either support these people or stay silent about it. It even concerns many Republicans at this juncture. And those people seem to be chewed up and spit out by the party these days.

Sure I don't agree with some of the Republicans former platforms. I say former because at this time it seems their only platform is pwning the libs. But honest disagreements between people over what they feel is best for their country isn't a bad thing. That's not where we are now. We are far from it. And as far as Fate goes I think he's a good poster. We don't always agree but he's a smart guy. I don't take it personally when we disagree. Of course I don't take message board fodder personal in general. A lot of people seem to.

I'm certainly not a fan of either Pelosi nor McConnell. Even though I will say that McConnell isn't a nut job like many of them so it could certainly be worse on that side of things. I'm for non lifetime politicians that aren't 70 or 80 years old. Considering the options available at the time I preferred either Pete Buttigieg or Amy Klobuchar. Although sadly the odds of a gay man being elected president in the U.S. is pretty much slim to none. I must be out of the majority in this country that wants to see a smart person become president. Pete Buttigieg certainly fit the bill.
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Not sure how people are tying what this lunatic did to Trump in the first place.
Wow
You'll never see when you refuse to look. Nothing about him spells progressive. Nothing about his online presence spells progressive. Not everyone who lives in San Fransisco nor everyone who is a nudist is progressive. I would certainly love to see your sources that are spewing this nonsense.
You'll never see when you refuse to look. Nothing about him spells progressive. Nothing about his online presence spells progressive. Not everyone who lives in San Fransisco nor everyone who is a nudist is progressive. I would certainly love to see your sources that are spewing this nonsense.

It is the truth. It is who he is. His own girlfried said he is a progressive.
Sources please. Do you mean he was progressive when she met him? When he was 20 years old? You mean 22 years ago? Because that's what she said.
https://nypost.com/2022/10/30/paul-pelosis-alleged-attacker-mentally-ill-his-ex-says/
https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/the-futile-race-to-label-paul-pelosis-attacker
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
If you post your opinions on Twitter, Tik Tok, or any social media, be ready for backlash. From my experience, when it comes to social media and internet communication forms, the negative rules supreme.

The old saying, "You'll get more complaints than compliments" rings true across social media as well. People are more vocal when they disagree with something, than when they agree with it.

Funny, I pretty much say whatever I want on Twitter and have never been attacked or canceled. Maybe it's not you as much as what topic you are addressing and to who. I go after right-wingers all the time on there and nothing has ever happened like that to me.
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Excerpts from the Paul Pelosi Story Elon Musk Tweeted and Then Took Down

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/excerpts-paul-pelosi-story-elon-musk-tweeted-took/

Elon trying to control the message... with some bum rag blog that was afraid to leave that garbage up.
Like I said. That was when he was 20 years old. When she first met him. 22 years ago.
https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-jr-mocks-paul-pelosi-hammer-attack/

Donald Trump Jr. Mocks Paul Pelosi Hammer Attack as Homophobic Conspiracy Theories Sweep Right-Wing Media
Trump Jr. shared a photo making light of the 82-year-old's life-threatening injuries, days after Pelosi underwent brain surgery to repair a skull fracture from being beaten with a hammer Just three days after Paul Pelosi was violently attacked in his San Francisco home and underwent surgery for a skull fracture, Donald Trump Jr. took to social media to mock Nancy Pelosi's husband, sharing a meme that shows a Paul "costume" consisting of a pair of underwear and a hammer.

"Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready," read the caption for the meme, which 44-year-old Trump Jr. shared to both Twitter and Instagram.

"OMG," Trump Jr. wrote in his reposts. "The internet remains undefeated."

Paul Pelosi Is Undergoing Brain Surgery After Being Attacked with Hammer in His Home: Report
Trump Jr.'s mockery comes days after the 82-year-old underwent brain surgery and treatment for facial injuries after an intruder armed with a hammer attacked him.

U.S. Capitol Police revealed that Nancy was in Washington, D.C. at the time of the overnight assault, in which the intruder "confronted the speaker's husband" and shouted, "Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?" per CNN sources. They then attempted to tie Paul up "until Nancy got home," and was still "waiting for Nancy" when police arrived, sources said.

Right-wing media sources have been rife with conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack, some of them spurred by new Twitter owner Elon Musk, who responded to a tweet from former first lady Hillary Clinton by sharing a link to a site that once bizarrely reported Clinton had died and been replaced by a lookalike.

After Clinton wrote that it is unsurprising that "hate and deranged conspiracy theories" have lead to violence, Musk — who has 112 million followers on the platform he recently acquired — responded by linking to a website that espouses conspiracy theories.

"There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye," Musk wrote, along with a link to a false news story that suggested Paul's injuries had been caused by a male prostitute whom he'd met at a gay bar and gotten into a dispute with on the morning of the attack.

Police sources have refuted this claim and said that the two did not know one another prior to the break-in, yet the hashtag #PelosiGayLover has gained popularity among extremists who continue to push misinformation.

Musk's tweet later disappeared, though it is unclear if he deleted it or if it was removed by the platform's content moderators.

Both sides don’t pull this crap. The right wing loonies are out for violence…. to silence. The world we live in.

Deplorables will do the deplorable EVERY TIME.
Sources please. Do you mean he was progressive when she met him? When he was 20 years old? You mean 22 years ago? Because that's what she said.

You are going to believe what you want. He was a nudist. I don't know of any conservative nudists. He is a Castro fan. What Conservative liked Castro. He was a commie. Guess what side actually, likes commies? Not the conservative right. But you can read into this what you want. Believe what you want. But, the truth will come out. When it does you still won't admit your wrong. But that is OK we both well know!
Once again that was 22 years ago.

Welcome to r/conservativenudists - The Home of Conservative nudism

https://www.reddit.com/r/conservati...ome_to_rconservativenudists_the_home_of/

And you seem to think that people who were liberal when they were 20 years old never become conservative when they get older. You're right, no matter the evidence you're going to believe what ever you want to believe.

Exactly

Fate, much of the violence is 100% because of Trump. Trump's divisive rhetoric as far back as the birther movement has steadily created these lunatics. They most likely would never have acted or even think the way they think if not for the right-wing lies online and being retold in person all over this country. It would be best if the far right were just plain outlawed honestly. You want to talk that crap? Go to jail.

I'm talking about divisive hate speech, not conservativism.
Once again that was 22 years ago.

Welcome to r/conservativenudists - The Home of Conservative nudism

https://www.reddit.com/r/conservati...ome_to_rconservativenudists_the_home_of/

And you seem to think that people who were liberal when they were 20 years old never become conservative when they get older. You're right, no matter the evidence you're going to believe what ever you want to believe.

He is a Green Party activist. He is even more nutty than a progressive.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/paul-pelosi-political-attack-nudist/2022/10/30/id/1094128/
What we know about suspected Paul Pelosi attacker

The man who allegedly attacked Paul Pelosi on Friday reportedly had an active online presence in which he posted QAnon conspiracy theories and was previously a pro-nudity activist.

San Francisco police have identified the suspect as 42-year-old David DePape, who was booked on several charges, including attempted homicide, elder abuse, aggravated battery with serious bodily injury, and threatening a public official or family member.

DePape allegedly attacked 82-year-old Paul Pelosi, the husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), with a hammer after repeatedly asking, “Where is Nancy?”

Details that have emerged of the suspected attacker since Friday show that he was active in promoting conspiracy theories online and “very consumed by darkness.”

Here’s what else we know about DePape.

Conspiracy theories and antisemitism

DePape had a complicated political presence online, making posts that questioned the 2020 election outcome and promoted QAnon conspiracy theories.

After moving to California from British Columbia, DePape became known in Berkeley as a pro-nudity activist, protesting against rules requiring people to be clothed in public, according to The Associated Press.

He was also a “hemp jewelry maker” connected to pro-nudity activist Gypsy Taub, who pushed conspiracy theories about the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

Taub’s daughter, who said DePape helped raise her until she was 13, wrote on her blog, “There is some part of him that is a good person even though he has been very consumed by darkness.”

DePape has also been tied to a number of social media accounts and blogs sharing far-right conspiracy theories.

Two blogs authored by a “daviddepape” included recent posts with antisemitic content and claims of election fraud as well as a video of Nancy Pelosi at one of former President Trump’s impeachment proceedings, according to CNN.

In some posts, the author defended former President Trump and the rapper Ye, formerly known as Kanye West, who has come under criticism for antisemitic comments.

In one post from last month, an author under DePape’s name wrote that journalists who denied the former president’s fraud claims about the 2020 presidential election “should be dragged straight out into the street and shot,” according to the AP.

Echoes of Jan. 6 Capitol riot

Police reportedly arrived at the scene to find Paul Pelosi and DePape struggling with a hammer — and before officers could tackle and disarm DePape, he allegedly took control of the hammer and assaulted Paul Pelosi with it.

Both Paul Pelosi and DePape were then transported to a local hospital. There, Paul Pelosi underwent surgery for a skull fracture and other significant injuries to his arm and hands, according to the Speaker’s spokesperson.

The suspect reportedly entered the Pelosis’ San Francisco home on Friday in search of the Speaker, who was in Washington, D.C., at the time, and shouted, “Where is Nancy? Where is Nancy?”

The question is reminiscent of chants heard during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol as some rioters searched the halls for the Speaker. One rioter was sentenced to 60 days behind bars earlier this year for threatening to shoot Nancy Pelosi “in the friggin’ brain” during the insurrection.

DePape also reportedly brought zip ties with him when he entered the Pelosis’ home, another move seen from some Jan. 6 rioters who were spotted carrying zip ties into the Capitol.

The San Francisco District Attorney has said multiple felony charges will be brought against DePape on Monday, with an arraignment expected Tuesday.

https://thehill.com/homenews/371163...bduYPYgxf1D9nc0gcaIF_u5SduEPomElyyhW6_pU
I certainly don't think you are responsible. I never meant to even infer such. However, I do agree with you that I'm intelligent wink

I do agree that psychopaths have been galvanized and that the cable news cycle is at fault for the lion's share of it. It may just be that the left is further behind on the timeline, but with the far right devolving to the point of January 6th, formulating assassination plots for governors, and breaking into politicians' homes and assaulting their elderly spouses to the point of needing cerebral procedures, I think that ice berg tip has made its way above the water, and it needs attention. To combat that notion, you would at least expect widespread, public condemnation instantly from all figures on the right, vs the misinformation and trolling that has run rampant that actually fans the flames.

I would likely believe that you and I on the issues are probably very close, based on everything I've seen on here. Where I think we differ is that I have become much more outspoken against the far right because I originally considered Republican to be my home team and now I feel like I'm watching Rachel Phelps take it over, and it irks me to my core.

To your point, I think you have been asserting that the left also has a lot of issues, and it does. That the old guard of Pelosi's and McConnell's of the world think that business as usual is the rescuing point of all this when they are the ones that started forming said iceberg in the first place. Also, many on that side do take the erred stand that those who highlight the issues on the left are therein condoning what's happening on the right. That isn't true.

To me, though, it's about putting out the worst part of the fire, first. Right now, thatis dealing with the extremism seen on the far right. Oddly enough, if that can ever be done, I bet you would find more allies in people that you argue with on here, like OCD and Pit, when it comes to refocusing on getting the left back in shape too.

Yes, if the fascist BS ends I'd be much more accepting of the right. Right now I have nothing for them but seething disgust.
Fate, much of the violence is 100% because of Trump. Trump's divisive rhetoric as far back as the birther movement has steadily created these lunatics. They most likely would never have acted or even think the way they think if not for the right-wing lies online and being retold in person all over this country. It would be best if the far right were just plain outlawed honestly. You want to talk that crap? Go to jail.

I'm talking about divisive hate speech, not conservativism.

What about Rand Paul's neighbor? Did you feel that way about him in 2017?
rofl
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
Not sure how people are tying what this lunatic did to Trump in the first place.
Wow

Don't be shocked BD. He's been slow on the uptake ever since his first Q rally.
It was also a terrible thing to happen but it had nothing to do with politics.
I think you're trying to deflect this into a conservative = good and liberal = bad thing, and that's not even what this is about. The guy is mentally ill. I think that much is indisputable. He was a QAnon advocate. Rather than condemning such theories (which you-know-who refused to do, at least when I watched his 2020 town hall), the flames are being stoked. Junior, who very ironically used it as a way to bash Hunter Biden, is making things worse. That's the problem. It's taking advantage of those who otherwise can't or won't think for themselves.

Funny, I pretty much say whatever I want on Twitter and have never been attacked or canceled. Maybe it's not you as much as what topic you are addressing and to who. I go after right-wingers all the time on there and nothing has ever happened like that to me.

Funny, I don't recall you being a celebrity that people follow. Much like I stated in a thread about radio hosts have as many "haters" that follow their shows as supporters.
ocd is on twitter? I bet about 6 people know that.
Rand Paul was breaking the law. Funny how you MAGA GOPers are all for protection of one’s property until a neighbor tries to protect his property from a GOP scumbag.

Sorry. Not there yet.

You seem to be confusing being demented with dementia. They're not the same thing. What you are doing however is repeating the Republican party line that is being spoon fed to you. As much as you seem to refuse to understand this, democrats are the victims of crime and take it as serious as Republicans do. Mass incarceration for non violent offenses is probably the biggest difference between the two parties.

From Websters:

demented adjective
Save Word
To save this word, you'll need to log in.

de·​ment·​ed | \ di-ˈmen-təd \
Definition of demented
1: MAD, INSANE
The advertising campaign for the movie version is trying to sell it as a prankish comedy, with the eccentric aunt who appears from nowhere as a demented Mary Poppins.
— Pauline Kael
… the violence was instigated directly by Serbian nationalists in Bosnia and in Belgrade as part of their demented project to separate the two intermixed ethnic communities once and for all,
— Charles Simic

2: affected by or exhibiting cognitive dementia
At least one-third of people serving as caregivers for a demented husband or wife become chronically depressed.
— Bennett D. Gurian

Either way, I am not there yet.

Good post.

It almost seems as if you're advocating as if the "right extremism" is the low-hanging fruit and must be solved before we can move on to the rest of the tree. All the fruit on the tree is rotten, there is extremism on all sides; if we really cared, why wouldn't we "start" shaking the tree? To me, the tree is our media, all forms. It's going to keep producing the rotten fruit no matter how hard we try to stop it. The more we galvanize around it, the more it grows.

This case is a perfect example. This is obviously a whack-job with all kinds of feelings and allegiances that may be defined as "fringe". This is a dude that broke into a house and attacked someone with a hammer. His self-professed plan was to wait for Nancy and "break her kneecaps so she would have to be wheeled into congress to face the consequences of her actions".

The entire left media is painting this as "right extremism". Is that what it is? Or is that merely part of the ongoing m.o. to keep this front and center as the big scary boogeymen? Eventually we'll all be forced to admit that the boogeyman is the mouthpiece telling us all what to be afraid of. Sadly, we are a part of that mouthpiece, every single time we influence the algorithm. Then the algorithm helps produce scumbags like this and we act like we all didn't play a part.

That's how a thread about a whack-job becomes an argument about extremism. That's why we're basically the same strain and breed that took great joy in cheering gladiators in the ring; just without the blood and gore. The second this crime hit the wire, the audience was divided into to camps -- those that hoped he would be associated with Trump and those that didn't. Think about that. Think about how many would have been so disappointed if there was no way to turn this guy into the latest "Trump minion". At some point, much of the discussion about extremism may have to be looked at for what it really is -- the tail wagging the dog.

We all need to quit co-signing b.s. and start calling it out for what it is a little more often. Can't speak for everyone, but I'm definitely a work in progress. If you want to be passionate, be more like Pit. He can at least call b.s. on all sides when he sees it... and he won't hesitate to call-out an "ally" when the moment requires. And I guarantee he would also admit that he's been a work in progress, because I've watched it and I know he's not "fake".

We're all culpable. Quit being an a-hole. Quit demeaning everyone that has a different opinion. I'd say that the average age here is a little higher than most forums. Sadly, that's a testament to the stubbornness required to go through all the pain and anguish this team has inflicted on us. We're also part of an age group that has been the Guinee pigs in this grand experiment, unfortunately for many of us "pigs don't know pigs stink".

There, I've covered the trees, the dogs and the pigs; probably time I checked out of the funny farm.
I’ll get back to you more substantively later, but I don’t view it as low-hanging fruit. I view it more as dire straits. If you let your boat into disrepair and it starts leaking badly, you concentrate on fixing the leak first since it’s the most glaring priority. Then you work on fixing the rest of the boat.
Originally Posted by archbolddawg

About that many: Joined September 2011 - 712 Following 408 Followers

Did you forget I'm progressive? That could also loosely be translated as Tech Savvy. thumbsup

Funny, I don't recall you being a celebrity that people follow. Much like I stated in a thread about radio hosts have as many "haters" that follow their shows as supporters.

Are you a celebrity? I went back to see if I missed that in your post or a previous post in this thread, but nope you never mention that at all.

Also, where exactly did you think I get all the tweets I post? smh

Also, where exactly did you think I get all the tweets I post? smh
I post tweets all the time, I ain't on no tweeter.
I think you are. @Reginald420. rofl
I would, however, have to sign up to know WTH that means. Although you had me at 420. 🤙
I think you are. @Reginald420. rofl

bro why you using my first name and putting me on blast like this? you forgot the '69' part too btw

Exactly

Ok he said something ( other than Spanish TV ). And it proves what a scum bags he is. He can easily denounce it, but instead muddies the water with his strange observations. He could do something to make things better and he chooses not to.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/01/politics/donald-trump-paul-pelosi-reaction/index.html

“It’s weird things going on in that household in the last couple of weeks,” Trump said. “You know, probably, you and I are better off not talking about it. The glass, it seems, was broken from the inside to the out and, you know, so, it wasn’t a break in, it was a break out.”

Trump went on to say that he’s “not a fan of Nancy Pelosi,” but that what happened was “very sad.” He added: “The whole thing is crazy. I mean, if there’s even a little bit of truth to what’s being said, it’s crazy. But the window was broken in and it was strange the cops were standing there practically from the moment it all took place.”
He has to feed his minions another conspiracy and get them all worked up into a freaking frenzy and heads explode! Again. Over 9000 threats to elected officials in 2021-2022 up consistently from 201 in 2016. What happened?
Trying to get back to that substantive reply I mentioned earlier:

I definitely won't dispute the part about people wanting this to be a Trump minion. That subconscious inclination definitely exists. It's akin to schadenfreude. We saw stuff like that happen with the Jackson water crisis too.

As far as the media aspect goes, and in line with my own predilections have gone recently in terms of where my focus is, I had an epiphany when contemplating a lot of these political discussions. I'm a work in progress, as we all are, although I assume the "a-hole" thing you mentioned was toward the general "you" and not to me, although I've been guilty of that association from time to time wink

Despite being an admitted work in process, I think one thing Pit and I have in common is that we will disagree with calling out BS when we see it. Sometimes in doing so, I have realized that I have been wr...wro...wrrrrrr...not 100% correct. laugh

Per our discussion, I do think that I have been more adamant in calling out far right extremism, and those firmly entrenched on the right side than I have those on the left. I do find that somewhat odd myself, because I'm a person who is generally, on the issues, more conservative leaning than I am liberal leaning. In reality, my leaning on the issues typically follows what I think makes the most sense, and that can change depending on where we are currently in society.

I think why I have taken on my more recent stances is two-fold: 1) For the reasons I mentioned before in believing that the rise in far-right extremism is our “dire straits” for the current time being and 2) Because I think there is more of an onus now than ever before for people to “call out their own.” This goes beyond what you are mentioning where you call out everything and places more emphasis on reality checking those in our own camps. Oh, by the way, it’s not easy to do.

Going along with your media points, when you look at almost any major 24 hour cable news network, you don’t see news, you see a “whip.” None of those programs, from Carlson to Maddow, and anything in between, are aimed at informing the populace. None. First, they are there to get ratings and $$$$, but secondly, they are there to reinforce their entrenched viewers to keep believing the same things and parroting the same propaganda. I’d have to imagine very little – if any - of what they are geared toward is trying to lay out an objective case to actually attempt to change minds.
What I have experienced in real life, is akin to what is happening on the board. You will have those who will repeat something over and over again without giving any consideration to the points being made by those on the “radical left” or the “fascist right.” What is also predictable is the hypocrisy and lack of consistency. Take the classified material example, for instance. I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who were up in arms at Clinton’s classified material blunders said little to nothing given Trump’s current situation, and vice versa. There is that bias in our head – that you talked about – wanting the bad things that happened to be associated with a certain side. But, I’ll take it a step further. When something bad happens to “your” side, the subconscious notion is that it’s too much, and we refuse to acknowledge it, avoid it altogether, or make up excuses about why it’s different. That childish “Thanks Y’all” thread that happened a few months ago was a perfect example.

So, this creates a dynamic where both sides hurl slander at each other into perpetuity, with nobody’s mind being changed. That’s where I have been trying to change the game, and I have probably overplayed my hand to the point of failure now. But to give you a scenario, many in my family are far right to borderline extreme right. If they were to parrot their point, and someone like OCD were to come along and call them out for it, he would be summarily dismissed as “just another lib.” However, when I try to check their propaganda with my own counter-thoughts and/or objectivity and empathy to the other side, I will receive a visceral reaction, oftentimes, but you can tell that the wheels in the brain are still turning and there is at least some thought process going on in their brains, vs 100% anger and dismissal. One example of that was on this board when that Columbus cop shot that young woman who was about to stab someone else. The OP in that thread was rather liberal-minded. If he had only been called out by those on the board with a conservative mindset, it would have gone nowhere. However, he was called out by another poster who has a rather progressive mindset. While it didn’t receive an “Oh, I’m wrong” reaction, I think it led to a much better conclusion than the prior example.

That is why I believe it has become so important for us to check ourselves and our own thought processes, and those who typically align with ourselves, vs trying to call out BS that we see from “the other side.” If anything, when it comes to the other side, I try to find people who differ from me, but have taken a rational listening approach so that we can share ideas and grow, as was the original intention. That has become harder and harder to do today, but it’s not completely lost yet, and still even happens on this board from time to time.

I think a lot of this fuels my advocacy on here lately.
What was that bs? Lol

Can we just agree that this attempted murder was probably 99% politically motivated and fueled by trump team crazy? Geez, This was a brutal horrible attack and all we get is constant lies and conspiracy theories from trump, causing even more violence.
It seems as if it was a combination of trump's election denial and Q Anon conspiracy theories. You know, those freedom of expression ideas that should be pumped out over social media unchecked because what the hell, it doesn't hurt anybody, right?

Is he mentally ill? Of course he is. That's why you don't feed them this kind of thing to digest and motivate them. But then if it's only the mentally ill who react to these election lies that wouldn't explain Jan. 6th now would it?
It seems as if it was a combination of trump's election denial and Q Anon conspiracy theories. You know, those freedom of expression ideas that should be pumped out over social media unchecked because what the hell, it doesn't hurt anybody, right?

Is he mentally ill? Of course he is. That's why you don't feed them this kind of thing to digest and motivate them. But then if it's only the mentally ill who react to these election lies that wouldn't explain Jan. 6th now would it?

This is why we need a minimum training requirement for speech. People get hurt if you are not trained properly to talk.
Yeah, that's the problem......
Yep …people get hurt when someone falsely yells fire or bomb.
Yeah, that's the problem......

But mandatory training keeps people from abusing their rights and hurting others. It is the miracle shield.
Yep …people get hurt when someone falsely yells fire or bomb.

Tell me you don't understand that false premise without telling me.
What was that bs? Lol

Can we just agree that this attempted murder was probably 99% politically motivated and fueled by trump team crazy? Geez, This was a brutal horrible attack and all we get is constant lies and conspiracy theories from trump, causing even more violence.

What was BS about what I said?
Wrong thread. Try to focus.
What now passes for humor with the right wing......

The compulsory reply to such deplorable behavior from the right wing is. ‘Both sides do this.”
Wrong thread. Try to focus.

Discussion of fundamental rights is the discussion of fundamental rights. Try to understand that and don't walk it back now.
The compulsory reply to such deplorable behavior from the right wing is. ‘Both sides do this.”

Some people put their head in the sand and only claim the other side does it. That's the deplorable bit.
Yep discuss everything but the topic. The GOPer way.

I am registered as a democrat.
What was that bs? Lol

See above post.
Originally Posted by FrankZ

I am registered as a democrat.

Lol so? You have my condolences. Try and stay on topic.
And trying to compare what both sides are doing as being the same thing is nothing more than a bait and switch con game. This thread is about the Pelosi attack, not about "fundamental rights". Unless of course you're trying to indicate that committing multiple felonies is a fundamental right.
I guess he thinks lying on his voter registration holds some meaning.
And trying to compare what both sides are doing as being the same thing is nothing more than a bait and switch con game. This thread is about the Pelosi attack, not about "fundamental rights". Unless of course you're trying to indicate that committing multiple felonies is a fundamental right.

You've indicated we should have mandatory training on rights so people aren't irresponsible and hurt other people during the excersise of a right. The right to keep and bear arms is no less a fundamental right as the freedom of speech. You believe burdening a right for "public safety" is "common sense". Don't waffle and back track on that now.
What was that bs? Lol

See above post.

If you had actually been paying attention, you would realize that we would agree regarding the motivations of the attacker in this case. My post was a substantive response that I had promised to FATE earlier regarding a back-and-forth that we had, speaking in terms of generalities, and not particularly on this very issue.

Your post, in turn, is in line with your stance to unabashedly troll other people while bringing zero substance whatsoever to any of these threads. I seriously can't remember the last time you posted something that wasn't just for the sake of bashing another poster, troll in general, or trying to pwn the other side. This is where a lot on the Liberal side fail, which, honestly, is where people like FATE are making valid points. To act like you have moral high ground and are not a part of the political problem in this country is by and large a huge problem in the greater political dynamic. Unfortunately, as was my point in that greater discussion, this poor conduct on your part is hidden by the fact that the problems on the far right are the squeaky wheel, and deservedly so, to be fair. That poor conduct on their part, however, isn’t an excuse or a validation for those who disagree to devolve in their own conduct.

If, at any point, you want to actually contribute something of substantive value to any of these threads, beside your catharsis of trolling Conservatives, feel free. I’d welcome it.

Until then, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Ok you want to carry on a conversation with Fate here that has nothing to do with the topic? Start a pm with FATE then. Instead you’re here grandstanding in a thread I created. And you call me the troll. rofl Pffft

I’m betting there’s a certain % of the GOP who believes Pelosi got exactly what he deserved and secretly wish it was Nancy instead.
Having intelligent conversation is not grandstanding.

grandstanding
/ˈɡran(d)ˌstandiNG/
nounDEROGATORY
the action of behaving in a showy or ostentatious manner in an attempt to attract favorable attention from spectators or the media.

Sounds like that fits you to a tee. Quit whining, we'll converse wherever we see fit. Most threads on this (and any) board are derailed post after post. We choose to peel back layers of the political onion; you just want to throw onions.

Get a job, I'm sure they miss u @ work.
Lol anything but the topic. I get it.
Trying to get back to that substantive reply I mentioned earlier:

I definitely won't dispute the part about people wanting this to be a Trump minion. That subconscious inclination definitely exists. It's akin to schadenfreude. We saw stuff like that happen with the Jackson water crisis too.

As far as the media aspect goes, and in line with my own predilections have gone recently in terms of where my focus is, I had an epiphany when contemplating a lot of these political discussions. I'm a work in progress, as we all are, although I assume the "a-hole" thing you mentioned was toward the general "you" and not to me, although I've been guilty of that association from time to time wink

Despite being an admitted work in process, I think one thing Pit and I have in common is that we will disagree with calling out BS when we see it. Sometimes in doing so, I have realized that I have been wr...wro...wrrrrrr...not 100% correct. laugh

Per our discussion, I do think that I have been more adamant in calling out far right extremism, and those firmly entrenched on the right side than I have those on the left. I do find that somewhat odd myself, because I'm a person who is generally, on the issues, more conservative leaning than I am liberal leaning. In reality, my leaning on the issues typically follows what I think makes the most sense, and that can change depending on where we are currently in society.

I think why I have taken on my more recent stances is two-fold: 1) For the reasons I mentioned before in believing that the rise in far-right extremism is our “dire straits” for the current time being and 2) Because I think there is more of an onus now than ever before for people to “call out their own.” This goes beyond what you are mentioning where you call out everything and places more emphasis on reality checking those in our own camps. Oh, by the way, it’s not easy to do.

Going along with your media points, when you look at almost any major 24 hour cable news network, you don’t see news, you see a “whip.” None of those programs, from Carlson to Maddow, and anything in between, are aimed at informing the populace. None. First, they are there to get ratings and $$$$, but secondly, they are there to reinforce their entrenched viewers to keep believing the same things and parroting the same propaganda. I’d have to imagine very little – if any - of what they are geared toward is trying to lay out an objective case to actually attempt to change minds.
What I have experienced in real life, is akin to what is happening on the board. You will have those who will repeat something over and over again without giving any consideration to the points being made by those on the “radical left” or the “fascist right.” What is also predictable is the hypocrisy and lack of consistency. Take the classified material example, for instance. I guarantee you that the vast majority of people who were up in arms at Clinton’s classified material blunders said little to nothing given Trump’s current situation, and vice versa. There is that bias in our head – that you talked about – wanting the bad things that happened to be associated with a certain side. But, I’ll take it a step further. When something bad happens to “your” side, the subconscious notion is that it’s too much, and we refuse to acknowledge it, avoid it altogether, or make up excuses about why it’s different. That childish “Thanks Y’all” thread that happened a few months ago was a perfect example.

So, this creates a dynamic where both sides hurl slander at each other into perpetuity, with nobody’s mind being changed. That’s where I have been trying to change the game, and I have probably overplayed my hand to the point of failure now. But to give you a scenario, many in my family are far right to borderline extreme right. If they were to parrot their point, and someone like OCD were to come along and call them out for it, he would be summarily dismissed as “just another lib.” However, when I try to check their propaganda with my own counter-thoughts and/or objectivity and empathy to the other side, I will receive a visceral reaction, oftentimes, but you can tell that the wheels in the brain are still turning and there is at least some thought process going on in their brains, vs 100% anger and dismissal. One example of that was on this board when that Columbus cop shot that young woman who was about to stab someone else. The OP in that thread was rather liberal-minded. If he had only been called out by those on the board with a conservative mindset, it would have gone nowhere. However, he was called out by another poster who has a rather progressive mindset. While it didn’t receive an “Oh, I’m wrong” reaction, I think it led to a much better conclusion than the prior example.

That is why I believe it has become so important for us to check ourselves and our own thought processes, and those who typically align with ourselves, vs trying to call out BS that we see from “the other side.” If anything, when it comes to the other side, I try to find people who differ from me, but have taken a rational listening approach so that we can share ideas and grow, as was the original intention. That has become harder and harder to do today, but it’s not completely lost yet, and still even happens on this board from time to time.

I think a lot of this fuels my advocacy on here lately.

Quoted so PS has to use his scroll hand while drying his eyes with his other.

It's hard bro. It's really the whole COVID era that had me second guessing a lot within myself, particularly how I handle my "feelings" when interacting with others on controversial issues. Online, but more than that -- in real life. In short, our family (meaning my wife's very close-knit family) ran the entire spectrum. From hide in your house, bleach your mail, quarantine from your kids and spray Lysol on the lid of your Dunkin' -- to lick doorknobs and make sure all your friends know they're putting a chip in the vaccine. A lot of strife, as the matriarch and patriarch were placed in the middle; and even they were at opposite ends of the spectrum within their marriage!

I played the middle and tried to keep peace... until we got to the point where the "holier than thou" started driving the narrative... with my wife's mom and dad being the pawns. When the b.s. got personal, I was done with the "sit down and shut up" that was at my wife's request. I decided then, that in life, I was done with that whole charade. After a long conversation with my wife (tears in her eyes after her brother cancels last Christmas... on Christmas Eve... because I'm not vaccinated... even though they all just got COVID at a freaking concert ), I finished breaking her heart and let her know that it was "no mas".

Tired of the "aural majority" driving narrative with their megaphones while the real majority rolls their eyes and sits on their hands. At this point, I feel like it's almost a civic duty to speak up. As far as my wife and her family -- that meant committing to being tactful, respectful, and being able to look in the mirror rather than always trying to be "right" on every issue, she definitely deserves that much.

I say all this because it's been very eye-opening. Being willing to bite my lip, as a way of life, shed a lot of light onto just how much of a smart-ass know-it-all I can tend to be. Stepping back and being more restrained, while still being true to what I believe, has taught me a lot about myself and actually improved a few interpersonal relationships... namely with my youngest son, who is miles apart from me politically.

I've tried my best to do the same here; as the world -- it's politics and vitriol -- has gotten even worse. The way I see it now, it's all of us that stand in the middle on most issues that have great opportunity right now. We cast that aside, sometimes in the name of mere sanity in a #$%#ed up world. But that's a lame excuse for sitting here and letting the fringe scream bloody murder in an effort to have us all "take up sides".

I'm far from a finished product, and I still question a lot of the "rules", but I'm trying to be open-minded and learn and grow. One example is as follows: "I didn't hear you complaining about blah, blah, blah when Trump was in office"... I think to myself "So I can't say anything about Biden because I didn't complain enough about Trump??" I put enough thought into that to realize two things, I can't change the past, but I can do something different in the present before that, too, becomes the past. That led me to try (not always easy laugh ) to do my best to point out good things that Biden does. To be honest. Not suppress my true feelings because they don't fit the narrative when I'm "on a side" of any given issue.

I'd add to what you said politically, but I think you hit the nail squarely on it's head... and Spiral's scroll finger is probably bleeding at this point. I'll say this though... because it's the most profound part of your message. We need to start to call out our own. I'm going to make that more of a mission. I do it under my breath everyday, and in my household, but probably not enough here. It's hard to expect people to see you as "fair and balanced" when you're constantly calling out one side. I will also state the obvious though; with these libs, it's like taking candy from a baby.

I think there are quite a few of us here that have done a lot better than we have in the past, and we definitely see much more of an effort to at least try. Hopefully that holds true in this forum and in real life. Maybe that's actually one of the positives of a pandemic pushing us to the edge? Who knows. But let's be honest... we're our only hope... and the constant playground b.s. they're selling us as a way of life... almost as if it's a means to an end... will get us nowhere.
Ya know......I've had covid twice. First time was worse, but not bad. Daughter has had it twice - and she was at home both times. Wife has never had it, OR, if she did, she was asymptomatic.

We've all had covid vaccines when we were 'allowed'.

I got the flu vaccine about 2 weeks ago.

I have friends that get every vaccine known to man, and I have friends that don't get any and post about deaths "due" to the vaccine. (covid vaccine, that is)

Politics? I don't post here much anymore. A couple of loudmouths berate anyone that doesn't obey. Posting crap, while conveniently ignoring their side/their guy does and continues to do the exact thing they rail against. Conveniently, the lies aren't on the ms media. But, just going to youtube and hearing Biden, in his own words, on video, lie day after day............yet it doesn't get talked about on here. (he now claims he spoke with the person that invented insulin - although that person died a year before Biden was even born....)

Yeah, so with the libby's taking over the paulus politucs - and beating down those that disagree, hey, so be it. Reality is out there for those that want to find it.

Worst part is, each 'side' does exactly what they claim to hate when the other side does it.
I hear the President talking about it taking time to count votes. We need patience to get the results. Why?

My thinking is it takes time to cheat.
As for the thread....lets see the police video. We won't...the cover-up is in place...
I hear the President talking about it taking time to count votes. We need patience to get the results. Why?

My thinking is it takes time to cheat.

and your proof of cheating is?
As for the thread....lets see the police video. We won't...the cover-up is in place...
cover up of what? yopu really think they are going to show a video of him being attacked? would that be a sorta training video for magas
Too many weird things going on. Time will tell. (didn't pelosi have a kid with him when he got busted for drunk driving? What ever happened with that, anyway?)

Too many different stories going on with this latest episode.

The Pelosi's have more money than common sense. Why wasn't the alarm on?
I've heard there was a call for a safety check. In a city, those get treated like.....uh, later. Now, maybe it WAS Paul himself that called.

Door broken in, or door broken out?

Both in underwear, or not?

Dude goes into Paul's bedroom. Then they walk out, down to the main floor, chatting.

Cops show up, and watch as the 'bad' guy starts hammering on Pauls head, at which time they bust in (opening the broken glass door that had no alarm) and stop the guy.

Skull fracture for Paul, but a day later he's doing just fine. First time I've ever heard of that.

Just as with his dui, I doubt we'll hear the TRUTH about this issue as well.
[Linked Image from downloadhdwallpapers.in]
Break in caught on camera: https://news.yahoo.com/pelosi-home-break-caught-security-223515293.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall But, no video shown.

Hey, if it's on camera, show it. Period. Yet, I mean......nothing?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-detail-unlikely-anyone-break-unnoticed/

Glass........on the OUTSIDE of the door?

Proving this is as easy as the 'leaks' about what happened. Show the video. Don't give us leaks about what the press wants us to know. (how does the press get the detailed 'story' from depape anyway?) Show the video.

But, at least Paul, after being smashed in the head with a hammer and being out for 3-5 minutes, needing a skull fracture surgery, was able to relay the details. Somehow the press got that...........from a hospital bed? But yet, no video, even though we're told there's video, but we can't see the video, cause even though there's video, that's evidence, but we can't see evidence on video. We have to take the word of the knocked out skull fracture repair needing 'victim' who was interviewed in the hospital?
Left and Right are wrong about Paul Pelosi attacks

Neither side has a satisfactory explanation for David DePape's attack

Last week, 82-year-old Paul Pelosi was attacked in his San Francisco home by David DePape, a local man identified in the San Francisco Chronicle a decade earlier as a “hemp jewellery maker” who lived with a nudist activist. Pelosi, the husband of Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi and a businessman with a fortune estimated at $120 million, suffered serious injuries. He had been struggling with DePape for control of a hammer when police — admitted to the residence by an unidentified third party — rushed in and subdued the assailant, who had allegedly been shouting “Where’s Nancy?” during the attack.

Admittedly, these verified details are certain to provoke additional questions. Other unverified details, including the since-retracted claim by KTVU-TV that DePape was wearing only his underwear when police arrived, have further stoked curiosity, with some suggesting that Pelosi was also in his underwear. This narrative, which calls to mind Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillum being found in a Miami Beach hotel room while one of the other two men with him was overdosing on meth, seems to fit a particular script: decadent elites engaging in lurid and depraved antics.

Others have framed it to suit their own ideology. The mainstream media appears to have settled on the just-so story of Right-wing radicalization, pointing to recent blogs and Facebook posts suggesting that DePape was motivated to act by concerns about Covid-19 vaccines, the “Great Reset,” or QAnon.” Right-wing commentator Ann Coulter threw cold water on theories about DePape being Pelosi’s gay lover or drug dealer, instead emphasizing that he was a drug user whose psychotic attack was motivated by marijuana — the dangers of excessive THC in marijuana possibly leading to psychosis having been a recent Right-wing talking point. Meanwhile, Twitter’s new owner Elon Musk was forced to delete tweets linking to an article that suggested that the personal life of Paul Pelosi somehow played a role.

San Fransicko author Michael Shellenberger, who has spent time among the city’s growing homeless population, offered perhaps the fullest portrait of DePape. Shellenberger noted that DePape’s politics consisted of bizarre theories from both sides of the political spectrum — he spoke to angels and claimed “Jesus is the anti-Christ” — and that he was frequently homeless and likely using drugs stronger than marijuana. DePape was an obsessive video game player in his youth in British Columbia before cycling through a variety of sexual partners and living arrangements as he made his way to San Francisco. It was alleged that he even abused his stepsons and stepdaughter during a relationship that ended in 2014.

In the end, the simplest explanation regarding DePape’s presence in the Pelosi household might be that he was a mentally ill person, as an increasing percentage of the city’s homeless are. Despite the rising crime that has affected San Francisco in recent years, Paul Pelosi’s house is neither barricaded nor protected with a large security detail. That DePape, like so many other transients with violent thoughts and lengthy track records of troubled behaviours, might have wandered inside intending to cause serious harm is — if nothing else — an indictment of the society that could offer no remedy for his mental illness.

That said, an explanation like this isn’t going to satisfy people who see DePape as a critical link in whatever narrative suits their partisan needs, whether it be an attack on “MAGA terrorism” or the dangers of marijuana — much less a more elaborate, QAnon-style conspiracy theory about elite deviance.

There are one or two details about how DePape and the police gained entrance to the home that, perhaps merely for privacy reasons, have not yet been resolved, and such gaps in the story will ensure that questioning continues, particularly for those of a conspiratorial bent. Having been silenced in the mainstream media as well as on social media platforms like Twitter, such conspiracy-minded individuals have likely reached a point at which anything might seem true, except for what they’re being told.

As elites and thought leaders lean into conventional explanations, the ideologically disenfranchised will believe whatever feels true to them. Meanwhile, David DePape — like former Arizona Congresswoman Gabby Giffords’ assailant Jared Lee Loughner, would-be Reagan assassin John Hinckley, and other mentally ill individuals who have committed violent crimes — is in no position to speak for himself.

https://unherd.com/thepost/tribalism-is-fuelling-the-paul-pelosi-conspiracies/
... and this is why I wait until the full story comes out.
Roll eyes. The story is about a dude who got worked up about Nancy (a right-winger), broke into their house, and attacked Mr. Pelosi. Pretty damn cut and dry if you ask me. And of course, he's mentally ill, all Trump supporters (AT THIS POINT) are mentally ill.
AND all mentally ill people are Trump supporters.

Gay lover, schmay glover; if you guys can't see this is all Trump's fault (oh wait, Spiral says it's only 99% Trump's fault... and he's the expert), I don't know what to tell you!

[Linked Image from c.tenor.com]
Roll eyes. The story is about a dude who got worked up about Nancy (a right-winger), broke into their house, and attacked Mr. Pelosi. Pretty damn cut and dry if you ask me. And of course, he's mentally ill, all Trump supporters (AT THIS POINT) are mentally ill.

well, it sounds like we need to wait to get the rest of the info. When the story first broke, no one knew the attacker person was homeless, mentally ill, and has behavior issues.
The world we live it.

Looks like the Dems are taking this crime seriously. Maybe it's a starting point.

That is the most crazy thing You've ever said.

After Scalise was shot, Nancy stood up and said an attack against one of us is an attack against all of us.

What do the asshats on the right do now? Tell me Peen... How friggin dumb are the likes of Green and Boebart and the others that thought it was funny that an 82 year old man was attacked in his own home by someone like this guy who clearly has a political agenda.

But today, The right has these agendas.. Left is all wrong, right is all right... You are smart enough to know that nobody has all the perfect answers.. You won't admit it, but you know it's true.
Man, that was an excellent post. I agree wholeheartedly. I am in the exact same boat. There's a whole lot I need to polish about my own beliefs. It's hard to have to bite our tongues all the time, and I think it's time for the level-headed people to be more vocal in the majority role, because, at the end of the day, it's so much easier to just stay silent and enable people - especially "our own" - to think that their conduct is okay, or justified.

And it gets ugly sometimes, too. Look at this situation. I personally think Nancy Pelosi is a pretty despicable person and a root cause for a lot of the problems we have in our country. On one hand, unrelated to the situation with her husband, obviously, I think she needs to be called out for her garbage.

Now, that being said, how the hell many on the far right - some running for office mind you - are making light or jokes of the situation is beyond sickening. That's not everyone, though. There are some with more level heads that can reach across the aisle and at least provide a basic condemnation and a "hope he's okay" kind of thing. The other stuff though is the kind of stuff that needs to be called out. It's akin to the schadenfreude that happened with the whole Jackson, MS water situation.
Right wing conspiracy theories have you sucked in again.
Everybody’s wrong, except trump and those that tote his line. Oh btw, glass falls on both sides of glass door after broken. You know glass keeps breaking and falling after the initial blunt force break. But enjoy your conspiracy theory handed to ya’ll with no proof from a TV personality. rofl Anything to direct away from the obvious. Right wingnut was radicalized plain and simple.
More bs? Love it.

Then this.

I personally think Nancy Pelosi is a pretty despicable person and a root cause for a lot of the problems we have in our country. On one hand, unrelated to the situation with her husband, obviously, I think she needs to be called out for her garbage.

Seems she was by this radicalized right wing nut. Hope you’re happy. GOPer’s pfft.
It's very easy to see that the remaining glass in the door frame is leaning towards the inside of the home and was broken from the outside inward. All anyone needs to do is look at a clear picture or video of the scene. I guess a video would be best because they would be just crazy enough to claim a picture was doctored. All one needs to do is watch this video from about the 18 to 26 second marks to see the glass was broken from the outside.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-pelosi-attack-break-in-caught-on-security-camera/
Yep, GOPer...that's exactly my reputation on this board.

I honestly can't even tell what you meant by that last sentence. If you were able to comprehend what I had been saying, you would realize that I was speaking of Pelosi outside the current situation, but why go by that when you can pull out a snippet to fit with your troll narrative.
rofl resorting to insults. rofl typical GOPer tactic. Pffft.
What I noticed is that you not only pointed out Nancy Pelosi but also Mitch McConnell as being huge problems. While we don't always agree on everything I think you've been quite balanced in your approach. But then again I'm far more moderate than some on both extremes. For all I know maybe Spiral thinks that makes me part of the problem too. Hell I don't know.
GOPers can’t handle facts that don’t meet up with trumps narrative.
I guess the disconnect here is I see a huge cavern between a Republican and a trumpian. Trump's narrative is a lie that the glass was broken from the inside out. I haven't really seen 05 following or repeating any of trump's narratives. I do see how there are posters which I would agree deserve your ire. I just don't see 05 as one of them.
I only see DL calling out democrats. He’s sitting on the red side of the fence. You seem to be on the fence also, but on the blue. You own it DL doesn’t.
That seems off because he has posted his political leanings and seems to own where he stands. I think when you attack moderate Republicans you're hurting your own cause. But you do you.
Yep it’s not helping on the fence either.
Thanks man. He clearly isn't paying attention to the entirety of my posts if that's what he thinks, but that's not unheard of in these parts, so I don't want to just single him out here.

I once, a while ago now, considered myself Republican, but that ceased around 2008 with the "too big to fail" bailouts. There may be only just a couple people in each party who I can stand behind. As you know from our countless conversations, I think too many in Washington are far gone in the current climate.

As far as Pelosi goes, I obviously think she's part of the problem in DC, but I would never want to see what happened to her husband happen to anyone, and that's just basic humanity, I think. Rather than focusing on that aspect, however, I think there are many who want to think that this is a conspiracy because - at their core - they despise her, and that's horrifically wrong.

I understand that anything that deals with moderation is considered a negative by both extremes. That doesn't bother me. Usually if it upsets both extremes it makes me feel better about my position.
Anyone see kari lake get a laugh with her crew about Pelosis lack of security?. Now she is saying the video has been altered and it is fake media.
What scum in that party.
I hadn't seen that yet. Terrible if true. Not really beneath her, though. Pretty much right on par.

I understand that anything that deals with moderation is considered a negative by both extremes. That doesn't bother me. Usually if it upsets both extremes it makes me feel better about my position.

What I am curious about is what he has done that is "helping."
I hadn't seen that yet. Terrible if true. Not really beneath her, though. Pretty much right on par.

There is a guy behind her chuckling like Bradshaw. That would take some serious editing skills to fake. She is scum
I appreciate the explanation but I think you wasted your effort by explaining it to me. For anyone who has bothered to read your posts and look at the context of them in their entirety, they know you're not a fan of either side and that your political way of thinking has evolved over time. You've made that more than obvious for anyone who has been paying attention.

It was also obvious that you were speaking about Nancy Pelosi in the political sense which had nothing to do with this incident.

The only place we may disagree about this incident is that I feel this, as well as people packing guns in political gear at polling stations, the attempted kidnapping of Michigan's governor Whitmer and Jan. 6th is very much created by the rhetoric, lies and vitriol that was not initiated in totality by trump. but was ramped up, legitimized and amplified by him. It's created a very dangerous situation in our country. And yes, I understand in the case of the Pelosi attack the man had mental issues. But feeding the mentally ill a message that their country is being stolen from them and they must fight to save it is feeding them into taking such actions.

I never imagined I would see much of the Republican party evolve into this and even many who haven't staying silent about it.

I posted a video of it on one of these threads. Sometimes replies such as that fit into different threads. Hard to choose which one to post them in. For me it wasn't so much what she said as the laughter of the crowd showing she was not alone in her thoughts on the matter. I'll see if I can find it and repost it in this thread.
Well said. I don't disagree with any of that.

I’m not the one throwing out insults about trolling in a tread you created. Please continue.

I have no idea. I'm chalking it up to frustration which we see a lot of from both sides.

I posted a video of it on one of these threads. Sometimes replies such as that fit into different threads. Hard to choose which one to post them in. For me it wasn't so much what she said as the laughter of the crowd showing she was not alone in her thoughts on the matter. I'll see if I can find it and repost it in this thread.

It goes to show you exactly what I’m talking about. Right wingnuts being radicalized by far right wing politicians hoping to create violence. And when violence happens they kick it away as if they had nothing to do with it. And laugh at comments like this. Then say both sides do it. Pffft. GOPer’s

I have no idea. I'm chalking it up to frustration which we see a lot of from both sides.
Like ( said I’m not the one throwing personal insults and trolling on my thread. If DL doesn’t like being trolled as he calls it, by me he should find another fence to ride in another thread.
And yet this was 05's response.....

As far as Pelosi goes, I obviously think she's part of the problem in DC, but I would never want to see what happened to her husband happen to anyone, and that's just basic humanity, I think. Rather than focusing on that aspect, however, I think there are many who want to think that this is a conspiracy because - at their core - they despise her, and that's horrifically wrong.

Like I said earlier, I think sometimes you tend to focus on people who are not what you seem to claim they are. That doesn't sound like kicking it down the road to me. So you don't think someone should actually watch what happened before they comment on it? Is that the issue here? Or was it where he said it was not beneath her to do such a thing? I really have no idea what you're getting at when it comes to 05.
You are being a prime example why progressives make no headway. You do realize when you post in a public forum it's not "your thread" any longer, correct? And I haven't seen the insults you are claiming unless you are so easily offended it's ridiculous.

I’m not the one throwing out insults about trolling in a tread you created. Please continue.

What's with the constant "thread I created" b.s.?

Dawgtalkers threads aren't land leases, if they were you should be forced to drill deep enough to produce something besides the ever-constant troll attempt. It's your thread, you should be the only one throwing out insults?? GTHOH
Nancy probably hired an illegal citizen hitman.
Did she call you for the job?
It was an insult none the less. Let’s just try and stay on topic, please.
I get it now. You want this type of violence against Pelosi to continue.
Yeah, that's what he said. rolleyes
Did she call you for the job?

I'm legal baby! I even have a correct birth certificate UNLIKE your OBAMAMAMA.... rofl
I get it now. You want this type of violence against Pelosi to continue.

Don't lecture me!

You would love Trump to be in that same situation if at all possible.
I guess Parlor didn't tell you Obama has shown his long form birth certificate years ago. You really need to expand where you get your information from.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...i-comments-dale-cooper-kth-ac360-vpx.cnn

Both videos of miss scum

Sour grapes? Lake is going to win big baby!

Sour grapes?

No, I was pretty clear she is scum.

Sour grapes?

So is your "President"
Are you like 12? Hey they are threatening synagogues in NJ you want to hop on that bandwagon?

It was not.

It was not.

Yeah, and Paul Pelosi wasn’t brutally attacked by a “trump drunk” radicalized right wing extremist either. I get it.
He’s already there. Locked and loaded. “trump drunk”

It was not.

Yeah, and Paul Pelosi wasn’t brutally attacked by a “trump drunk” radicalized right wing extremist either. I get it.

Interested to see where I remotely inferred that. Actually, below is a quote from me, on "your" thread:

Have the last word, brother. I'm not going to hand you any more rope. At this point, I’ve been referred to as a “GOPer” and also a part of the “you libs.” Either I have multiple personalities, or maybe I’m doing something right.
Ok, who wants to fight? I have lots of angst built up and need to take a dump on somebody's day... Just to be fair, if you are a right-winger and take me up on this I will make you feel bad about yourself and there will be tears on your part before I stop. Just saying. wink

It was not.

Interested to see where I remotely inferred that. Actually, below is a quote from me, on "your" thread:

Have the last word, brother. I'm not going to hand you any more rope. At this point, I’ve been referred to as a “GOPer” and also a part of the “you libs.” Either I have multiple personalities, or maybe I’m doing something right.

I read your statement above when posted and my take away then was your claim that psychopaths do this. And I believe they were normal everyday Americans until they became radicalized by extreme right wing politicians, election deniers, and violent rhetoric from right wing tv and radio personalities. They are intentionally programmed for violence and the entire GOP goes along with it. And you not staying on topic and instead resort to this childish back and forth isn’t giving that issue any attention is it? Have a good one brother.
Ok, who wants to fight? I have lots of angst built up and need to take a dump on somebody's day... Just to be fair, if you are a right-winger and take me up on this I will make you feel bad about yourself and there will be tears on your part before I stop. Just saying. wink

Let's do this, chump. This thread? Keep in mind... this is a "stay on topic" political thread. Maybe your other thread, where you say "after Dems sweep their asses next Tuesday." lololol. Never mind, you already took a dump on your own day there, just a few days early.

Whatchu got??

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]
Lol. This thread took a dump on the likes of you in the first few posts. One reason you can’t stay on topic.

Let's do this, chump. This thread? Keep in mind... this is a "stay on topic" political thread. Maybe your other thread, where you say "after Dems sweep their asses next Tuesday." lololol. Never mind, you already took a dump on your own day there, just a few days early.

Whatchu got??

I was looking for a fight, not a weak-minded 4-foot-tall husky boy who swings at the air like he's doing something. But I'll reserve a dance for you when you grow up and your balls drop. wink
STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
j/c

Curiouser and curiouser.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nbc-retracts-report-exposed-details-183325162.html
STAY ON TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, GET OFF MY THREAD! Damn kids these days, smh.
rofl

Sour grapes?

Who is Kari Lake? Starts at 1:45....

What is Noah's opinion?? Lol

Noah has turned into a big, boring, race-baiting troll. Can't even stand to watch the dude anymore. At this point it's "create ratings at any cost" or die.
Noah's "opinion" as you call it is based on her own words and her 180 to boost her political ambitions. Something I certainly thought you would be against? Friend of a drag queen for 20 years and now rails against drag queens? Come on man, I thought you hated phonies? I thought you would certainly be against someone reinventing themselves for political gain. And if you look at her past that's exactly what happened here. It seems you are more bothered by the source than you are with the substance. But that is the same angle many use to try and subvert away from the substance.

Noah has turned into a big, boring, race-baiting troll. Can't even stand to watch the dude anymore. At this point it's "create ratings at any cost" or die.

He is a comedian. Not a newscaster. His show is on comedy central

Trevor Noah is a South African comedian, writer, producer, political commentator, actor, and television host. He is the host of The Daily Show, an American satirical news program on Comedy Central. Noah has won various awards, including a Primetime Emmy Award from eleven nominations.
If Noah Was MAGA he’d have the perfect qualifications to run for office.
Once again, they try to take the focus off of the substance by trying to get people to focus on the messenger. What Noah said wasn't an opinion so much as it was pointing out how she has reinvented herself for political gain. Everything was based and the evidence to support it were her own words and deeds. Such as.... she was in the main stream media for over 22 years and rails against the main stream media.

Trying to distract away from the message itself based on the messenger is the same old bait and switch con game that has been used for a very long time now. And it often times works that way from both directions.

He is a comedian. Not a newscaster.

There's a difference? rofl

I know all about him. I read his book, I appreciate his journey. Bottom line, really not that funny anymore. CC has convinced him it would be better to be a political troll because his ratings keep dropping. No biggie, not the first person to sell out and suck while doing it.
Noah's "opinion" as you call it is based on her own words and her 180 to boost her political ambitions. Something I certainly thought you would be against? Friend of a drag queen for 20 years and now rails against drag queens? Come on man, I thought you hated phonies? I thought you would certainly be against someone reinventing themselves for political gain. And if you look at her past that's exactly what happened here. It seems you are more bothered by the source than you are with the substance. But that is the same angle many use to try and subvert away from the substance.

Actually, I don't watch Comedy Central to brush up on my political candidates. Rails against drag queens? You mean doesn't think drag shows should be sponsored by schools? So, if Bill Clinton is against selling marijuana at recess; he's a hypocrite railing against marijuana??

Here's all anyone needs to know, they've been trying to cancel for over a year... now it's based on some he/she coming out of the woodwork to say she covered him/her/them while she was a reporter.

"Lock her up! Lock her up!"

notallthere rofl
Are we still on topic?
lmaoooo

Mentally ill, public nudist activist in San Francisco, DEFINITELY a fascist right winger.

Also here illegally?
So nothing but more excuses and attacks on Noah? I suppose being an actual part of the "main stream media" for 22 years and now railing against it is something you'll also make an excuse for? And nobody said anything about locking her up. Just suggesting people have some threshold of accountability about who they vote into office. I guess if a total chameleon is what you're after she would qualify.

Then of course she says the only way she'll accept the election results is if she wins. You know, it's only cheating if she loses.
And as much as people listen to the conspiracies and outright lies to question the validity of the Pelosi attack while refusing to call it out such things continue. It's obvious as to why....

Murica!
Hey that candidate is gay. its a gay thing
Hmmmm I wonder what evidence you have to support that? And if so, do you think it was a progressive who attacked him over his "gayness"? I mean he has been gay his entire life, right? But not until he is running for congress was he attacked. Last time I checked 2+2 doesn't equal 5.
Pardon me, I am often sarcastic. I was just giving the minions one of their typical conspiracy answers. In case they cant think for themselves.
Sorry for the misunderstanding. You certainly did a great job of imitating them.
Haha, gotta use that purple, man!
Whats with that Idiot Trump calling Nancy an Animal? Whats with Nikki Haley wanting to deport Warnock? Is she aware that he was born in georgia?
Trump's behavior isn't surprising. Haley is a dope, but it at least seemed clear to me that she just meant it in the sense that she was trying to find a clever word play to signify getting Warnock out of office. It obviously flopped.
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Whats with that Idiot Trump calling Nancy an Animal? Whats with Nikki Haley wanting to deport Warnock? Is she aware that he was born in georgia?

He also jokingly made mention of her family. Because I guess an old man getting hit with a hammer for political reasons riles up his base, and he thinks its funny. How anyone can support him is beyond me.
Originally Posted by BpG
lmaoooo

Mentally ill, public nudist activist in San Francisco, DEFINITELY a fascist right winger.

Also here illegally?

Yet he’d be a hero to the MAGA world if he got Nancy.
It seems after more facts came out some decided to stop the stupidity of crazy conspiracy theories involving this. They always get sucked in at first. Murica!
It seems after more facts came out some decided to stop the stupidity of crazy conspiracy theories involving this. They always get sucked in at first. Murica!
You sure about that? I don't think many details have come out, other than what was wanted. https://news.yahoo.com/body-cam-footage-confirms-paul-192420598.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

How's about we REALLY let the details come out.

It would be awesome if the cops body cam vid's were available, wouldn't it? At this point in time, with any cop inflicted damage, the body cam video has been revealed after this amount of time. Why not in this circumstance?
Ah, I see. People still don't have a firm grasp of the obvious and keep searching for straw man arguments.

I guess some people just won't be happy unless they get to witness a first hand account of an 82 year old man being beaten with a hammer.
Oh, the irony.
I guess you're right. After all we did get to see all those MAGA supporters beating the hell out of capital police officers.
I guess you're right. After all we did get to see all those MAGA supporters beating the hell out of capital police officers.

#gopers4defunddapolice
Haley is a dope, but it at least seemed clear to me that she just meant it in the sense that she was trying to find a clever word play to signify getting Warnock out of office. It obviously flopped.

Some folks just ain't built for 'clever.'
No problem. Different people have different talents. Besides, 'witty and clever' aren't really prerequisites for a stint as UN Ambassador. saywhat

That said, she obviously didn't learn the lesson My Pops taught me.
I was about 13-14, and was trying out my budding sarcasm chops. I landed what I thought was the atomic bomb of mic drops. He stared at me for looong second, and said:

"First step to being a successful smartass: make sure you're actually smart first. Otherwise, you're just an ass."

Ms. Haley would do well to run lines like this through her handlers before making sounds in front of mics. It's what they're paid for.
Ha, I agree. It looks like right now her handlers might be preparing her to lose in the primary.
based on the body cam that was just released... this whole thing looks staged with terrible acting at :40

The guy waited for the cops to actually show up to half-heartedly attack, Pelosi.
I don't understand the timeline... the 911 call was supposed to be 2am right? but the outdoor camera of the guy breaking in is 5am... and the video from the cops is 9 am? Are the clocks just off?? and why the hell are the cops so friggin laid back... and who opened the door?? and why did Paul have a drink in his hand!?!?

Also, listened to the 911 call.. I personally think the guy did break in and threaten Paul... but that 911 operator was pretty damn dense... sounded like Paul was trying to tell her without outright saying he's been threatened since the guy was right next to him....

whole thing is stranger now for me...
I can’t believe that is what your takeaway is. He is violently swinging the hammer at a guys head. Btw you should probably post the other videos of the guy breaking into the house.
There are a lot of questions that this video doesn't answer. The report was Paul was upstairs sleeping, in his pajamas. Someone broke in.

Then Paul called police while the break in guy stood there and let him. Then the cops show up. And Paul has a drink in his hand, and doesn't run to the cops? And like jay said, who opened the door?
There are no "half-hearted" hammer attacks.
Looks to me like he tried to kill Mr. Pelosi, maybe he didn't have the balls to do it before the cops showed making it his last chance. I mean, wasn't he a GOPer?
There are a lot of questions that this video doesn't answer. The report was Paul was upstairs sleeping, in his pajamas. Someone broke in.

Then Paul called police while the break in guy stood there and let him. Then the cops show up. And Paul has a drink in his hand, and doesn't run to the cops? And like jay said, who opened the door?

Making up lame excuses for your radical right wing violent fascist friends again IC. Why can’t you follow your hero’s advice and just blame it on Antifa, the real enemy of the fascist right.
Flippin Goper’s … you all need to just stop making up crap and face up to what roughly 30% of your grand ole party has become, nazi scum!
Right on cue. The lame meme when you have nothing.
Because there is a response to GOPers are nazi scum?? lol

Really, get past the stigma... big pharma has more than a few formulas that will put you on a more even keel.
Everything from the 911 call to the body cam footage spell out what happened. From his social media accounts to his police interview show who he was, what he was and his motive. Yet people still look for conspiracy theories. That's the world we live in now. Some of the conspiracy theories he posted on social media sounds like some of the posters here.

Alleged Paul Pelosi attacker posted multiple conspiracy theories

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html

I said roughly 30% of you are. Problem being the rest of you let them be nazi bastards. Because you can’t afford to lose 30% of your base.

Cue the next lame meme.
Everything from the 911 call to the body cam footage spell out what happened. From his social media accounts to his police interview show who he was, what he was and his motive. Yet people still look for conspiracy theories. That's the world we live in now. Some of the conspiracy theories he posted on social media sounds like some of the posters here.

Alleged Paul Pelosi attacker posted multiple conspiracy theories

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/28/politics/pelosi-attack-suspect-conspiracy-theories-invs/index.html

I am with you for the most part... I don't think there's much to the conspiracy theories... I think a guy who was nuts broke into the Pelosi residence looking for Nancy... found Paul... Paul seems to have tried to distract him and trick him into thinking Paul was going to call looking for Nancy but he called 911....

I think the 911 operator and the police come across as looking completely incompetent... which is probably why they tried to put out some misinformation or at least didn't want to release the tapes until they were sued...

However, I still have questions... why do the time stamps of the videos not match when the 911 call came in? I mean he allegedly made the call around 2 am but the break in was at 5am and police at 9am.... maybe the clocks on the videos weren't set up correctly, but that feels like something that would be important to have correct..

also, who opened the door? Doesn't look like police did... don't think Paul or the attacker did... was someone else there? does Paul have a butler or something?

and I also find it fascinating that Paul had a drink in hand... and when the door opened, why didn't paul let go of the hammer and run outside? maybe that's too much to expect....

Again, I don't believe the conspiracy theories, but do have some question and think the 911 operator and law enforcement look awful in this situation...
Originally Posted by Pdawg
I can’t believe that is what your takeaway is. He is violently swinging the hammer at a guys head. Btw you should probably post the other videos of the guy breaking into the house.

Did you actually watch the video starting at 35 seconds?

Things that don't add up:

- Pelosi opens the door with his right hand and calmly says "Hi Guys"

- Both Pelosi and DePape are smiling and Pelosi has a drink in his left hand

- Pelosi gabs the hammer for no reason after opening the door and without looking at it... starts smiling and David DePape starts smiling and puts his hand on his hip

- Cop says How are you doing?

- Pelosi calmly Says... "how are ya"

- Pelosi and DePape make eye contact and DePape looks like he has an "oh yeah moment". DePape proceeds to grab Pelosi's forearm awkwardly

Cop Says... What's going on man

- DePape says "everything is good"

- The cops say drop the hammer and DePape says "um nope" and starts to pull the hammer The cops watch for 5-6 seconds and are confused by what is happening... instead of rushing the DePape.

- DePape starts to pull the hammer away when the cop says "drop the hammer"

- Pelosi Says... "hey hey hey..." like he's scolding him not... "help" nor does he drop the drink and grab the hammer with his left hand

- The cop even says... "what is going on right now" (like they had never seen anything like this before)

- Pelosi lets go of the hammer and DePape swings at Pelosi

My thoughts are...

Something is really... not adding up.

It feels very staged or planned out.
Pictures have been posted earlier in this thread of the glass broken out of the back door. I honestly believe if people spent half as much time looking for answers to questions as they did creating questions the answers would be more clear. We have heard all kinds of conspiracies. Everything from it was Paul Pelosi's boyfriend to they knew him. Both have been shot down as the facts have come out.

You see, it's easy to sit back and say things like "yeah, but" and "what if", if one wishes to cast shadows on things. It's not as easy to search for the answers to such questions.
When one refuses to use math they have trouble adding things up.

I said roughly 30% of you are. Problem being the rest of you let them be nazi bastards. Because you can’t afford to lose 30% of your base.

Cue the next lame meme.

Your wish is my command.

[Linked Image from i.imgflip.com]
Your reasoning is horse manure... Geez man... Just stop
Your reasoning is horse manure... Geez man... Just stop

lol That is literally what happened.

watched the video

Really, get past the stigma... big pharma has more than a few formulas that will put you on a more even keel.

He's far from the only one who thinks that. I would guestimate that 6-7 out of 10 progressives, a few less centrist Dems, and more of the to-the-left-of-progressive leftists feel that way.
6-7 out of 10 progressives need meds then.

A psychiatric eval would probably be a good idea as well.
Musk apoligizes for comment

https://www.businessinsider.com/elo...ess-paul-pelosi-conspiracy-theory-2023-1
Trump openly catered to them. And are you actually saying you could afford to lose the votes of these far right extremists and still win elections? Especially the presidency? Look at MTG, Boebert and others that are even elected officials and tell me that not only are they catered to, but openly accepted. I won't go as far as some by calling them Nazis, but there's certainly a large contingent of very dangerous extremists which the GOP depends on to win elections.
And are you actually saying you could afford to lose the votes of these far right extremists and still win elections?

What would give you any indication that I was saying, thinking, inferring anything like that?

I'll answer anyway. Yes.

The number is inflated by social media and the drive by propaganda hosts. It's probably 3-5 percent of the vote.

So, you think those people would vote for Biden over a moderate republican? That's one hell of a stretch.

But you need that stretch to fit the narrative of the right embracing the extremists. Two sentences later, we're all extremists. I've been called a Nazi here 50 times, for endorsing any conservative talking point, so lets not act like this isn't true.

It's a loose, low IQ method of connecting all GOPers (read some posts above, or in any thread, if you're having difficulty here) with the extreme right, and painting us all as the enemy. All as part of some large fraternity and membership that doesn't really exist. And you all take the bait.

It's like paint by number, but with crayons and blindfolds. thumbsup
No, I think those people would often times not vote at all. I don't say or lump all of you in as the enemy. Many times I have pointed out the difference between trumpians and Republicans. And yes there are a number of posters that lump you all in together. I understand that. But you may wish to look at how that's a two ways street on here. You know, the socialist and communist mantra for everyone who does not support the republican platform.

In the 2016 presidential election first time voters were up 15%. A 3% increase of first time voters than the 2012 election. After four years of trump actually being president there was a record number of voters. But I would like you to consider a coupe of things.

First, I'd like for you to consider the election results in the 2020 presidential election. There were almost five million votes for president in Georgia in the 2020 election. That election was decided by less than 12,000 votes. That's a very small percentage that can determine an election.

Secondly, it's not just the groups we hear about like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers that buy into what I would consider extremists. The majority of Republicans still believe the 2020 elections were stolen. They don't believe Biden is the legitimate president. They didn't have to storm the capital to share those views. I went to a small rural school. A very popular "joke?" was to call MLK Day, James Earl Ray Day. I heard that same thing said on construction sites even decades later. You can try to minimize that any way you see fit. But your 3-5% figure is very low. And yes, I believe when a candidate espouses things those people want to hear it helps motivate them to vote.

In closing I would also like to add that presidential elections are often decided by 3-5% of the vote or even less. So your claim of 3%-5% may not mean what you think it means.

BTW- a question mark creates a question and not an accusation.

May I please have a reference for your thinking? or are you just being snarky

Not snarky at all. If all these progressives think GOPers are Nazi scum, they need to seek help.
09:36:51Z is Zulu time, which translates to 1:36am Local California Time ,and 2:36am if they were in PDT at the time.

Not snarky at all. If all these progressives think GOPers are Nazi scum, they need to seek help.

I go by actions,,, based on actions of many GOPers, they are acting a lot like Nazis that followed Hitler... Not something they should be proud of.

Not all GOPers to be sure, but for some reason, those that are not following that thinking, seem to sit quietly and watch others ruin America in the name of Saving America. Those that stand up seem to get threatened by freaking lunitics that seemingly are led by the Trump faction of the party.

Funny thing about that, you'd think that after the last two elections (2020 and 2022) you'd think it was evident that the majority of Americans don't like them doing that. Folks like Matt Gaitz or Marjorie Taylor Green or Boebart or Gosar or DeSantis or even Lindsay Graham who normally I wouldn't say that about but again, recent actions on his part make me think he's as bad.

For me, if you are NOT a Nazi kinda person, but you let Nazi types rule, then you are part of the problem.. Basically the reason I don't feel I can ever trust a republican ever again. Sad really because for 30 + years, I was a registered republican..I voted for mostly republican candidates. I can't do that anymore. Can't trust them.
The number is inflated by social media and the drive by propaganda hosts. It's probably 3-5 percent of the vote.

Yet 60% of all Americans had to deal with election deniers as candidates in the last elections. Some winning some losing. I’d wager it’s closer to 30% than 3-5% of the vote.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I go by actions,,, based on actions of many GOPers, they are acting a lot like Nazis that followed Hitler... Not something they should be proud of.

Not all GOPers to be sure, but for some reason, those that are not following that thinking, seem to sit quietly and watch others ruin America in the name of Saving America. Those that stand up seem to get threatened by freaking lunitics that seemingly are led by the Trump faction of the party.

Funny thing about that, you'd think that after the last two elections (2020 and 2022) you'd think it was evident that the majority of Americans don't like them doing that. Folks like Matt Gaitz or Marjorie Taylor Green or Boebart or Gosar or DeSantis or even Lindsay Graham who normally I wouldn't say that about but again, recent actions on his part make me think he's as bad.

For me, if you are NOT a Nazi kinda person, but you let Nazi types rule, then you are part of the problem.. Basically the reason I don't feel I can ever trust a republican ever again. Sad really because for 30 + years, I was a registered republican..I voted for mostly republican candidates. I can't do that anymore. Can't trust them.

Watch others ruin America? I'm not sure what you mean be that?

Thanks for this response, but it seems like there is much bigger problem ruining America. Ruining America by widening the divide... this post is an example of the results.

There seems to always be some loose slight-of-hand for lumping everyone together as one evil "force". In this example -- those doing something 'bad', those doing nothing to stop it.

So, should I find a Proud Boys rally and drive my car through it? What exactly do you want me to do?

Why not you? If something is ruining your country, why just cross your arms and blame one side?

Still interested in how America is being ruined by GOPers.
You enjoy watching nearly 30% of your Grand Ole Party doing this, admit it.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
09:36:51Z is Zulu time, which translates to 1:36am Local California Time ,and 2:36am if they were in PDT at the time.

Thank you! didn't catch that the video was in Zulu time!
j/c...

The video is repulsive. Much worse than that (believe it or not) is the handling by the 911 dispatch. I don't know how linguistically inventive one should have to be to express that there's something not right. Let alone the husband of the speaker of the house. Geez... aren't these people trained in ways to affirm danger without asking the caller to spell it out word for word? There's someone in the house... "he says he knows me, I don't know who he is" should be more than enough.

Watch others ruin America? I'm not sure what you mean be that?

Thanks for this response, but it seems like there is much bigger problem ruining America. Ruining America by widening the divide... this post is an example of the results.

There seems to always be some loose slight-of-hand for lumping everyone together as one evil "force". In this example -- those doing something 'bad', those doing nothing to stop it.

So, should I find a Proud Boys rally and drive my car through it? What exactly do you want me to do?

Why not you? If something is ruining your country, why just cross your arms and blame one side?

Still interested in how America is being ruined by GOPers.

If you don't know what I mean, you may be part of the problem.

You wanna talk dividing America. Look no further than guys like Newt Gingrich. He was an AWFUL speaker. Even his own contemporaries (in hindsight of course) think he was the starter of what we see now.

Then you throw in the most recent past admin and it seems like conspiracy BS and lies and misleading statements became the norm. They still are.

Watched Matt Gaetz yesterday being interviewed by Ari Melber, yikes, what a liar and chief Mis Leader.

As for you driving a car though a Proud Boys Rally, that's your choice but I wouldn't recommend it. And I never said otherwise. Not sure where you decided I did.

As for me lumping everyone together, I DIDN'T DO THAT... you did. I made it clear who I thought was the problem.. Even named some of them.

The mere fact that you defend the actions of these folks speaks volumes about where you come down on the subject...
I lumped people together?

I defended who?

I defended who?

You've used "those People" a number of times

You've defended those on the right for some of the weirdest stuff...

I defended who?

Actually, OCD lumped them together. He said "6-7 out of 10 progressives" consider GOPers "Nazi scum". Remember? It's just a few posts up. Sounds like a good old fashioned bait-n-switch.

You picked out some GOPs you don't like, none of which I've ever mentioned, endorsed or "defended"; and said I defended them. NOW, you say "defended those on the right for some of the weirdest stuff".

Sounds oddly vague, almost like you're just talking out your butt. Got any receipts for that?
Don't bother. He's never seen the left side of anything he didn't support....then he accuses others of being right wing nuts or Trumpians or whatnot. Hell, I called Trump a lying cheating bastage or something to that effect and he accused me of defending him. I've yet to see him call out anyone on the left....and if somebody else does he breaks out into a Whatabout tune.
'

I defended who?

You do it all the time, except replace 'right' with 'left'.

I defended who?

You do it all the time, except replace 'right' with 'left'.

Guilty as Charged and for damn good reason. I can't and won't support a bunch of Nazis that reside within the republican party.

As far as who I think is like a Nazi, If the shoe fits, wear it.
© DawgTalkers.net