Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nancy Pelosi now at San Francisco hospital with her husband

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is now at the hospital in San Francisco to see her husband, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Paul Pelosi underwent surgery for a skull fracture and serious injuries to his right arm and hands, according to a statement from Speaker Pelosi’s spokesperson. He is expected to make a full recovery, it said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/nancy-pelosi-husband-paul-attack

The world we now live in. Fascists attacking politician’s families in the USA. Pfffft … trump and his henchmen out for murder.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

O
Legend
Legend
O
Biden On Political Extremism: 'Condemn What Produces The Violence'

Members Of Congress React To Rise In Threats Following Paul Pelosi Attack

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/29/22 09:26 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Check my posts.

I've been saying this for the past 10 years:
What you are seeing is the iceberg's tip.

You think it's bad now?
Check back with me in another 18 months.
We can all compare notes.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: PitDAWG, dawglover05
B
Legend
Legend
B
The world we live it.

Looks like the Dems are taking this crime seriously. Maybe it's a starting point.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
You are becoming more and more demented with age.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
You are becoming more and more programmed.

Fixed it for you

Last edited by mgh888; 10/30/22 10:09 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm pretty happy with my original comment although yours certainly enters into it.

Demented

driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Assault is... assault. That person should be prosecuted if it wasn't self-defense.

We will learn more as the facts come out.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
Legend
Legend
P
How could defending yourself in your own home not be self defense? What more facts do you need?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
How could defending yourself in your own home not be self defense? What more facts do you need?

No clue - I try not to pre-judge. I haven't read anything except the few sentences that were posted here.

I do know this is not the first time in history that Americans have attacked politicians and influential figures in their homes. - We have a history of assault, assignations, and destruction of property against these people.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Well let me fill you in just a bit. He has a history of being an election denier, a conspiracy theorist and one of the first things he said when entering the home was "Where's Nancy!?" And you are correct that we have a history of such things. The only main difference I see now is that we have some of those in power helping instigate the crazies into acting on such things.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
gotcha - yeah. in that case, he should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Many politicians have been using social media to wind up people on both sides of the political spectrum for the last 8-ish years.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Could you please give me examples of where those on the left have said that an election was stolen and as a result you had to "fight" to keep your county? I can give you a huge amount of examples where those on the right and many social networks such as Parlor, 4chan and other far right social networks display many such calls and even calls for a civil war. Can you show me anywhere where the left has stormed the capital searching for the speaker of the house defecating in their office and in the capital and and constructing a noose on capital grounds while chanting to hang the vice president of the U.S.? You're trying to create a false equivalency.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Did everyone hear trumps response to this?

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Could you please give me examples of where those on the left have said that an election was stolen and as a result you had to "fight" to keep your county? I can give you a huge amount of examples where those on the right and many social networks such as Parlor, 4chan and other far right social networks display many such calls and even calls for a civil war. Can you show me anywhere where the left has stormed the capital searching for the speaker of the house defecating in their office and in the capital and and constructing a noose on capital grounds while chanting to hang the vice president of the U.S.? You're trying to create a false equivalency.

What you are failing to realize is your selecting one thing while D's and R's are both guilty of most of these issues equally. I can find hundreds of instances where politicians going back to 2006 on the D side (as well as the R side) that were using APIs leveraging AI/ML/social ads and fake social media profiles to tweet/retweet or post/share false/distorted information and encourage violence or cause people to question reality while posting a small percentage of factual information.

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/CHRG-115shrg27398/pdf/CHRG-115shrg27398.pdf

*Election manipulations through social media ads has been happening since around 2006.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh well, both sides do it... UMM NOPE. The Dems have yet to be fascist, authoritarian-seeking, conspiracy theory-believing, poorly informed, low-brow hold-my-beer voters. And I'm not saying that's what you or all GOPers are; it's just who you are from the perspective of the left.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 10/30/22 04:55 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Oh well, both sides do it... UMM NOPE. The Dems have yet to be fascist, authoritarian-seeking, conspiracy theory-believing, poorly informed, low-brow hold-my-beer voters. And I'm not saying that's what you or all GOPers are; it's just who you are from the perspective of the left.

Irony of timing...

B
Legend
Legend
B

Sorry. Not there yet.

I don't really understand your comment. I am glad this crime is being taken seriously. There isn't much doubt that the democratic agenda has been to let criminals skate.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm pretty happy with my original comment although yours certainly enters into it.

Demented

driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement.
I was thinking of calling everything communist for the last few months. Programmed ... conditioned.... groomed... brain washed .... that was where I was headed.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Irony of timing...

the irony is her posting this while red states attempt to erase her from existence.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Sorry. Not there yet.

I don't really understand your comment. I am glad this crime is being taken seriously. There isn't much doubt that the democratic agenda has been to let criminals skate.

Don't worry. You are not the demented one on here.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: Ballpeen, FATE
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So the take away from the sick ass comments in this thread is. Both sides do it? tsktsk Pffft. Maybe the GOPers campaigning in future elections could tone down the hate show fewer guns and add more content of their plans and agenda to help reduce all this violence a tad. Maybe condemn those who incite and perpetrate political violence. Just a thought.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Then we have MAGA trolls like this stirring up the pot here, there, and everywhere,

Originally Posted by SuperBrown

We know, Mr Pelosi won’t be getting well wishes from your kind.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Irony of timing...

"Shut up Caitlyn, you're only courageous when you're toeing the line. Your opinions are your opinions when we tell you their your opinions"

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think one of the most frustrating thing about society nowadays is the two major philosophies that control the narrative are:

1. You must be this way or you are going to hell/not a person/sinful/don't deserve to exist, etc

and

2. "Please feel free to be whoever you are...wait...no, not like that."

I wish the group of people who I think comprise the majority would be more vocal in just going "I don't give a crap who you are, just do you and I'll do me" but that's a hard thing to avidly proclaim. It's like trying to find a way to demonstrate against picketing.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Excerpts from the Paul Pelosi Story Elon Musk Tweeted and Then Took Down

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/excerpts-paul-pelosi-story-elon-musk-tweeted-took/

F
Legend
Legend
F
If you post your opinions on Twitter, Tik Tok, or any social media, be ready for backlash. From my experience, when it comes to social media and internet communication forms, the negative rules supreme.

The old saying, "You'll get more complaints than compliments" rings true across social media as well. People are more vocal when they disagree with something, than when they agree with it.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
trumps response is the most significant of all of them.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Sorry. Not there yet.

You seem to be confusing being demented with dementia. They're not the same thing. What you are doing however is repeating the Republican party line that is being spoon fed to you. As much as you seem to refuse to understand this, democrats are the victims of crime and take it as serious as Republicans do. Mass incarceration for non violent offenses is probably the biggest difference between the two parties.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
So you have nothing to dispute that at the present time it's Republicans who are promoting violence and not the Democrats. I don't think you have been paying attention.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog

You keep saying that, but I haven't seen his response -- please share.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Irony of timing...

There is no irony. Try to focus. Who are the Democrat politicians that have said or done things that would have encouraged this?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE

Exactly

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend

Exactly

Ahhh, you're mad because he hasn't said anything. thumbsup

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
https://people.com/politics/donald-trump-jr-mocks-paul-pelosi-hammer-attack/

Donald Trump Jr. Mocks Paul Pelosi Hammer Attack as Homophobic Conspiracy Theories Sweep Right-Wing Media
Trump Jr. shared a photo making light of the 82-year-old's life-threatening injuries, days after Pelosi underwent brain surgery to repair a skull fracture from being beaten with a hammer Just three days after Paul Pelosi was violently attacked in his San Francisco home and underwent surgery for a skull fracture, Donald Trump Jr. took to social media to mock Nancy Pelosi's husband, sharing a meme that shows a Paul "costume" consisting of a pair of underwear and a hammer.

"Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready," read the caption for the meme, which 44-year-old Trump Jr. shared to both Twitter and Instagram.

"OMG," Trump Jr. wrote in his reposts. "The internet remains undefeated."

Paul Pelosi Is Undergoing Brain Surgery After Being Attacked with Hammer in His Home: Report
Trump Jr.'s mockery comes days after the 82-year-old underwent brain surgery and treatment for facial injuries after an intruder armed with a hammer attacked him.

U.S. Capitol Police revealed that Nancy was in Washington, D.C. at the time of the overnight assault, in which the intruder "confronted the speaker's husband" and shouted, "Where is Nancy, where is Nancy?" per CNN sources. They then attempted to tie Paul up "until Nancy got home," and was still "waiting for Nancy" when police arrived, sources said.

Right-wing media sources have been rife with conspiracy theories about the Pelosi attack, some of them spurred by new Twitter owner Elon Musk, who responded to a tweet from former first lady Hillary Clinton by sharing a link to a site that once bizarrely reported Clinton had died and been replaced by a lookalike.

After Clinton wrote that it is unsurprising that "hate and deranged conspiracy theories" have lead to violence, Musk — who has 112 million followers on the platform he recently acquired — responded by linking to a website that espouses conspiracy theories.

"There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye," Musk wrote, along with a link to a false news story that suggested Paul's injuries had been caused by a male prostitute whom he'd met at a gay bar and gotten into a dispute with on the morning of the attack.

Police sources have refuted this claim and said that the two did not know one another prior to the break-in, yet the hashtag #PelosiGayLover has gained popularity among extremists who continue to push misinformation.

Musk's tweet later disappeared, though it is unclear if he deleted it or if it was removed by the platform's content moderators.

Both sides don’t pull this crap. The right wing loonies are out for violence…. to silence. The world we live in.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm certainly not mad about it but his silence because that's pretty much what I expected from him. But his silence in and of itself speaks volumes. When a man does everything to promote upheaval but refuses to do anything to help defuse it, his intentions are obvious. As if they weren't obvious already.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Didn't we all sort of see that kind of thing coming? But yeah, there's people saying that both sides act the same in such situations. Which we both know is BS.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
And of course Don Jr. doubled down on it this morning....

Donald Trump Jr. Doubles Down on Mocking Paul Pelosi’s Violent Break-in

Former President Donald Trump’s extremely online son Donald Trump Jr.—known to his followers as the “Meme Wars General”—couldn’t resist mocking Nancy Pelosi’s 82-year-old husband being assaulted by a hammer-wielding attacker. The meme Trump Jr. posted on Sunday night featured a pair of Hanes underwear and a hammer alongside the caption: “Got my Paul Pelosi Halloween costume ready.” Trump Jr. further commented: “If you switch out the hammer for a red feather boa, you can instantly transform yourself into a Hunter Biden.” Naturally, his followers went wild, and a few hours after posting the meme, he’d racked up over 50,000 likes. A Trump Jr. spokesperson didn’t return The Daily Beast’s request for comment on Sunday night.

On Monday morning, Trump Jr. doubled down, posting a South Park-inspired meme that regurgitated the same fact-free conspiracy theory that Elon Musk tweeted then deleted. “Dear fact-checkers, this has nothing at all to do with anything going on in the news and simply posting a cartoon of what appears to be an altered South Park scene,” he wrote.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/donal...eI6x6wv97WsVUiNOMj_W2XPAGta64qTsBibE-Odk

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Exactly

Ahhh, you're mad because he hasn't said anything. thumbsup

Hold on. It's hard to find on Google, because every result is criticizing him for not responding, but there's this:

Former President Donald Trump weighed in on the brutal hammer attack targeting House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul, calling the violence “a terrible thing.”

The former president addressed the violent assault at the Pelosis’ home in San Francisco while discussing rising crime rates in what he called “Democrat-run cities.”

“With Paul Pelosi, that’s a terrible thing, and with all of them, that’s a terrible thing,” Trump said in an interview with the conservative Spanish-language network Americano Media.

https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/donald-trump-calls-attack-on-paul-pelosi-a-terrible-thing/

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Paul Pelosi, Nancy Pelosi’s husband, attacked at couple’s home

Link Copied to Clipboard