Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
You guys are hilarious.....Lemon was not taken off X. Musk ended a commercial venture with him. He can still use X to promote himself and show w/out censorship.

X released a statement saying that Lemon’s show “is welcome to publish its content on X, without censorship, as we believe in providing a platform for creators to scale their work and connect with new communities. However, like any enterprise, we reserve the right to make decisions about our business partnerships, and after careful consideration, X decided not to enter into a commercial partnership with the show.”

rofl

But yes, let's get a chubby because the title said Elon got mad.

The X cancellation is the second time in a year that Lemon has seen a deal go south. Back in April 2023, the then-CNN This Morning co-host was suddenly axed by Warner Bros Discovery following a series of on-air missteps after 17 years with the cable news channel.

Maybe Lemon is the issue?

Yep, that is exactly the issue here. I got a "chubby" here because I saw that Elon got mad. Clearly the point I was trying to make was that Don Lemon was indeed cancelled and banned from Twitter, never to speak again. This has nothing to do with Elon's compulsive business decisions lately, that have all been rationally thought out, consistent, and nothing to do with how it makes him personally feel, on a platform that has clearly been unbiased. Yes, my previous post definitely displayed the high regard in which I hold Don Lemon, and how much I really respect him in his field.

As someone who owns a Tesla, clearly I have always had it out for Elon, and I was just excited once again to drag him through the mud.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
They are worried about the goalposts being moved when they arent even in the stadium.

There's nothing a 12 year old wouldn't understand about this. Even they know what it sounds like when they're on the playground and someone starts babbling something that doesn't make sense.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You're making for too much sense for them to keep up with.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by dawglover05
I own a Tesla. When I am done with it, I will not be getting a new Tesla.

Why? What’s wrong with it? Are saying as a political statement you won’t get another one? Like you’re mad at Elon so won’t buy his cars?

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's a little bit of everything. Obviously the political aspect gets highlighted in this forum. I do think the guy has gone off the deep end. I'm typically not one to boycott anything because of what I think of an owner, but it certainly doesn't help in his case. Oddly enough, I love most things about the car. Technologically I think it gets a bad wrap from a lot of haters that have never even been inside one.

The one thing corresponding to the car that does really p*** me off is that I sprung for the self-drive. He has overhyped that ability so much I am beginning to wonder when the class action will hit.

In terms of innovative and technological ambition, nobody really surpasses Musk on that front. Sometimes his ambition when it comes to business writes checks that his realized sustainment can't cash. That's a problem on the business front. In terms of marketing, social media, and general personal appeal, the guy is horrible, IMO. He needs to have a good, innovative product which can sell itself, which he has been able to do successfully. However, as far as I can see, he is pretty objectively bad at taking existing products/companies and turning them around, as evidenced by Twitter. That seemed to be the linchpin that really tarnished his personal and business reputation, and he did it to himself.

I guess it's what happens when you give a d-bag a megaphone. However, given the sociopathic tendencies of most billionaires, I can't believe he'd be alone on that front. It just removes the vail. What was once thought to be just eccentric is then revealed to be far worse.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
You're not talking to me, but I'll just say that reading these stories about a guy that props himself up as a "free speech absolutist" while having such ridiculously thin skin never gets old.

The guy is a giant tool.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Exactly!

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Elon acts like he’s playing on house money these days. Twitter was an absurd venture for him IMO. He neglected his other businesses for a good bit while he was wrangling that under cult like control. But it’s just hard to forget all the good crap he has done and still does on a regular basis. He’s a big player in AI too, and he’s open-sourcing his big model. But there is heavy debate rather that was to force others to do the same on a good for mankind basis or part of him positioning himself for his lawsuit against openAI for more financial reasons than doing good for mankind… either way, he advocates open-sourced AI which is huge currently with many big players starting to show their greed. So he’s a guy that’s hard to 100% hate or like either way. He is what he is…. Trumpian politics and Joe Rogan ruined liking him for many, imo. And if it weren’t for all the good he’s done in the past, the fact I used to be a huge fan, or the good he’s still doing rather purposefully or not, I’d despise the man. But I can’t because he truly hasn’t earned it. Somehow that blows my mind too.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/14/24 12:24 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
It's definitely complex, and he goes hard in the paint in both directions. The way he's been with Ukraine has been confounding, and I think I am more worried about him swinging violently in the opposite direction on other issues, AI being one of them. Although that is a tech-centric issue and he has consistently had his head straight in that sector for as long as I can remember.

Socially, though, the guy has become quite the pot-stirrer and conspiracy theorist. With his megaphone and following, that has caused pretty immense damage.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep. Hard to like, hard to hate completely. He is what he is.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Don Lemon demanded Tesla Cybertruck, $5M advance, equity in X before Elon Musk canned him: sources
https://nypost.com/2024/03/15/media...n-x-before-elon-musk-canned-him-sources/

The ex-CNN anchor sent over an astronomical wish list to Elon Musk during contract talks to host a show on the billionaire’s social media platform X – including a free Tesla Cybertruck, a $5 million upfront payment on top of an $8 million salary, an equity stake in the multibillion-dollar company, and the right to approve any changes in X policy as it relates to news content, according to a document reviewed by The Post.

Lemon — who was expected to air an interview with Musk for next week’s debut episode on X — had also demanded a private jet flight to Las Vegas, a suite for him and his fiance, and that the company pay for their day drinking and massages, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

The partnership was announced in January, but an X spokesperson told The Post that the company “did not have a final or signed agreement with Don Lemon or ‘The Don Lemon Show'” before Musk sat down for the explosive interview last week.

Don Lemon, ladies and gentlemen.
rofl

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So what is your point?

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Tesla is the worst performing stock in the S&P 500. Analysts say it has further to fall

Elon Musk’s Tesla once represented the future of automaking. Now the company’s own future is in question.

The once red-hot electric vehicle maker — heralded as part of the so-called Magnificent Seven behemoth tech stocks — is currently the worst performer in the S&P 500 this year, down nearly 32% since January.

The story of Tesla’s (TSLA) decline has been well documented. The company has been plagued by safety issues and recalls, slowing growth and has even been forced to slash prices. But a new report by Wells Fargo analyst Colin Langan on Wednesday offers a darker picture than previously imagined.

Tesla, he wrote, is a “growth company with no growth.”

Langan predicts that Tesla’s growth will remain flat this year and then decline in 2025 as competition increases, deliveries disappoint and the beleaguered auto and tech company is forced to cut prices again.

UBS also downgraded its forecast for Tesla on Wednesday. Analysts said concerns are mounting as demand for electric vehicles slows and as Chinese rivals take an ever greater share of the global market.

With the exception of Tesla, all of the Magnificent Seven companies (that also includes Apple, Amazon, Meta, Google, Nvidia and Microsoft) saw double- or triple-digit earnings growth in the final three months of 2023. Tesla reported a 40% decline in profit from the year before.

Tesla has been navigating through a perfect storm. The EV environment is getting more crowded right as the company’s fundamentals have come into question. Its share price has dropped about 60% from its 2021 all-time high of $407.

But even with the recent drop in price, Tesla’s stock is still very expensive when compared to its actual earnings and profits, said Langan. The company’s former propensity for rapid growth is no longer certain, he said, and shares likely have further to fall.

Wells Fargo has lowered its price target for the stock from $200 to $125, predicting another 25% decrease in value. UBS, meanwhile, has lowered its price target to a more moderate $165 from $225.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/14/investing/tesla-growth-stock-elon-musk/index.html

I'm guessing that going on your social media platform and saying insidious things that most certainly turn off a lot of the U.S. consumer base isn't helping Tesla either.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I smell a bail out in Elon future. trump will bail Tesla out. If of course……he isn’t in jail.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm not so sure. Elon wouldn't post his bond and you know how vindictive he is.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I'm not so sure. Elon wouldn't post his bond and you know how vindictive he is.

DO we know for sure he didn't back the bond? I mean, anyone that would back that thing had to be able to lose it all. Musk is one of the few that could do that. Putin could, the Saudi Prince could and some others. But most business types wouldn't do it. Gates, Ma, Bezos and the like wouldn't touch it. And don't forget, Trump has to come up with another $400 something million very soon.

not for nothin, but my guess is Putin.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm pretty sure Musk didn't. Many companies could do it. Here is the company that did......

CEO of the insurance company that backed Trump bond in Carroll case defends issuing policy

The CEO of the Chubb insurance company defended the $91.6 million appeal bond in the case where he was found liable for defaming E. Jean Carroll after she accused him of rape.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...arroll-case-defends-issuing-p-rcna143252

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
X's lawsuit against hate speech watchdog group tossed by judge

A federal judge in California threw out a lawsuit filed by X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, against a hate speech watchdog on Monday.

Why it matters: The judge ruled the lawsuit was intended to punish the Center for Countering Digital Hate for publishing research suggesting there has been a rise in bigoted speech on the platform since Elon Musk's takeover.

Context: Through the lawsuit, X claimed that the Center for Countering Digital Hate used "flawed methodologies to advance incorrect, misleading narratives" in its reports.

It accused the center of violating the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, intentional interference with contractual relations and inducing breach of contract.
The center denied those claims and accused X and Musk of retaliating against it because of its reports.

What's inside: The judge ruled on Monday that the lawsuit was "unabashedly and vociferously" about "punishing the Defendants for their speech."

The judge approved the center's request to throw out the lawsuit based on California's anti-SLAPP law, which provides defendants a way to quickly dismiss meritless lawsuits if they are being sued for actions that amount to them exercising their freedom of speech, press, assembly or petition.
In addition to tossing the case, the judge also denied X Corp.'s request to re-plead the case.

What they're saying: The center said the ruling "sent a strong message about seeking to censor those who criticize social media companies, which we are confident will resonate throughout Silicon Valley and beyond."

"Today a federal court in San Francisco issued a decision in the case X brought against the Center for Countering Digital Hate for illegally obtaining platform data to create misleading research. X disagrees with the court's decision and plans to appeal," X said in a post on the social media platform.

Between the lines: Musk, a self-proclaimed free speech "absolutist," has repeatedly claimed that he would protect all forms of speech on Twitter.

In practice, however, the platform has been lenient to those who post hateful or extremist content while cracking down on speech that's critical of the platform or of Musk.

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/25/el...x-0Q3VoffO3G0WFYCFqE9jcVv35zs2VlS9crdRA8

Translation; As we have seen with people of wealth and power, if they keep someone with far lesser means tied up in the legal system for long enough they will go broke and no longer have the ability to fight.

#gmstrong
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Elon Is At It Again....

Link Copied to Clipboard