Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Legend
Legend
A
Maybe you don't "research" as much as you claim.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by hitt
Fewer, and same goes for Seattle and Portland---both cities SUCK due to homeless.

San Francisco Travel Association Announces 2022 Results and 2023 Forecast

Visitor spending more than doubled YOY to $7.4 billion, delivering $522 million in tourism-generated fees and tax revenues to the City.

2022 visitor arrivals grew by 29% to 21.9 million, including a 211% increase in international visitation.

2022 meetings and convention business recovered with 347,788 hotel rooms consumed by attendees of 33 Moscone Center events, a 1,933% increase YOY.

2023 visitor arrivals are expected to reach 23.9 million, and 2023 visitor spending is expected to grow to $8.7 billion.

https://www.sftravel.com/media/pres...ion-announces-2022-results-2023-forecast

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Maybe you don't "research" as much as you claim.

Maybe you don't do any and just come here popping off one liners.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by hitt
Fewer, and same goes for Seattle and Portland---both cities SUCK due to homeless.

San Francisco Travel Association Announces 2022 Results and 2023 Forecast

Visitor spending more than doubled YOY to $7.4 billion, delivering $522 million in tourism-generated fees and tax revenues to the City.

2022 visitor arrivals grew by 29% to 21.9 million, including a 211% increase in international visitation.

2022 meetings and convention business recovered with 347,788 hotel rooms consumed by attendees of 33 Moscone Center events, a 1,933% increase YOY.

2023 visitor arrivals are expected to reach 23.9 million, and 2023 visitor spending is expected to grow to $8.7 billion.

https://www.sftravel.com/media/pres...ion-announces-2022-results-2023-forecast

Fancy numbers coming out of the pandemic. Everybody had amazing recovery numbers after being closed for two years.

San Francisco still struggling with hotel, tourism comeback
By Christina Jelski |Jul 17, 2023

It's no secret that San Francisco has lagged behind other major U.S. cities in terms of its tourism comeback, but the scope of that lag remains startling.

Data from hotel analytics firm STR indicates that June RevPAR in the San Francisco market was down 19.6% over the same period last year, while occupancy slipped 6% and average daily rate (ADR) fell 14.5%.

Those declines stand in stark contrast to performances in other gateway cities, with New York's June RevPAR up 7.5%, Chicago's rising 6.5% and Los Angeles' eking out a 0.3% gain.

"Most U.S. urban markets have been seeing positive hotel performance, and if there are declines, they're pretty modest," said Emmy Hise, senior director of hospitality analytics at CoStar Group, parent company of STR, adding that San Francisco is also one of few U.S. markets where ADR hasn't exceeded 2019 levels.

"And that's a big deal, especially considering what inflation has been."

Overall, Hise said, "San Francisco has been one of the least recovered markets out of the top 25 markets in the U.S., and that's been a trend throughout the entire recovery."

https://www.travelweekly.com/North-...l-struggling-with-hotel-tourism-comeback

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So was Peen right that nobody visits San Fransisco anymore? It seems we have two different sets of numbers here. I guess people will have to decide which set of numbers to believe.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So was Peen right that nobody visits San Fransisco anymore?

San Francisco tourism bounces back as international visitors increase

https://www.ktvu.com/news/san-francisco-tourism-bounces-back-with-increase-of-international-visitors

You do realize that most of your links do not actually address any tourism numbers, right?

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

There's idiots on both sides. Paying too much attention to them or portraying them as representative of "the other side" no matter if its the left or right doing it is just about as bad as being in the fringe.

The only fringe part of the populationt that concerns me is the minority of Trump supporters who the Republicans can't win without who are most defintely on the fringe, angry at the world and politics in general, largely xenophobic, certainly a large number of supremicists .... most of them never voted before they voted for Trump. They belive in 'Make America Great Again' but they aren't paying enough attention to realize Trump is a snake oil salesman who will simply say anything to make money or have his ego pandered to.

Gee what choices we've had in the last 2 elections. Tump/Hilary. Trump/Biden and soon to be Trump/Biden again.... hard to believe.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I have family in SF and visit regularly. I also live in Denver and find the homeless situation the same here as I do in any major city I’ve visited. Homelessness is not a partisan issue. First off I’m not an expert but I have volunteered and worked at shelters and food banks in New England and Colorado. My solution would be to convert unused buildings into hospital/emergency medical care centers/housing units/food centers all in the same building or campus. Then start administering and admitting patients and people who just need a place to stay until they can get back on their feet.

But hey we know, there will be no freebies and hand outs from the party of no. ‘Em I right Goper’s?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
j/c...

Saw this earlier this morning. SOLD OUT.

Legend
Legend
Anyone could design a 1.5 mile walk pointing at the worst of the worst of any major US city and call themselves experts. Just saying.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
I see hating on the homeless is still acceptable posting. #DT4chan

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I think it would make sense if they concentrated themselves to rural areas where there are no food kitchens, homeless shelters, programs or resources adequately to help them.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus What The Hell Is Wrong With People!?

Link Copied to Clipboard