Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You have been brainwashed. there is a clear separation of church and state. At least supposedly. As far back as 1962 the SCOTUS determined that even prayer in schools was a violation........

Court has declared that prayer in public schools violated establishment clause. As early as Engel v. Vitale (1962), the Supreme Court declared that public prayer in public schools violated the establishment clause.

https://www.mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/1518/prayer-in-public-schools

I know that goes against your "feelings" but publicly funded schools are not a religious indoctrination system that is to be supported by public tax payer funds.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well as a Country we should progress. Having Religion funded in public school and giving parents choice is progress. Much better than using public tax dollars funding the murder of babies without parents knowledge. Or having an alphabet agenda transition children without parents knowledge. Progress is parents choice. Also our founding Fathers put the clause of separation or church on state to keep the state out of the church.

Put prayer back in school, put the ten commandments back in school, teach the Bible as history and watch society improve. Anytime in history when a society turned to God in prospered. Turn away from God and it eventually fell.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Whose religion? Christians? What about Jewish publicly funded schools? Muslim schools as well? Better build a special room for their prayer rug storage. What about schools for Satanism? You do realize that religious freedom is law as well, right? You can't pay for schools that sponsor "your religion" unless you're willing to sponsor schools of all religions.

Anytime in history when a society turned to God in prospered. Turn away from God and it eventually fell.

Do you mean like the crusades? Or do you mean like The Roman Empire which was also very religious? You see, religion is only as good as the people are that run it. Look at how the catholic church covered up the sexual abuse of children. The southern Baptists did the exact same thing. Millions of people have been killed on the name of God and religion.

I think your description represents a fantasy land you only wish or believe existed. Religions on this earth are run by men. Those men are no less flawed than any other men. And as such often times religion is just as evil in some cases as it is good. People's tax dollars should not be funding the indoctrination of people into "your religion".

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Whose religion? Christians? What about Jewish publicly funded schools? Muslim schools as well? Better build a special room for their prayer rug storage. What about schools for Satanism? You do realize that religious freedom is law as well, right? You can't pay for schools that sponsor "your religion" unless you're willing to sponsor schools of all religions.

Anytime in history when a society turned to God in prospered. Turn away from God and it eventually fell.

Do you mean like the crusades? Or do you mean like The Roman Empire which was also very religious? You see, religion is only as good as the people are that run it. Look at how the catholic church covered up the sexual abuse of children. The southern Baptists did the exact same thing. Millions of people have been killed on the name of God and religion.

I think your description represents a fantasy land you only wish or believe existed. Religions on this earth are run by men. Those men are no less flawed than any other men. And as such often times religion is just as evil in some cases as it is good. People's tax dollars should not be funding the indoctrination of people into "your religion".

You my friend are delusional. I understand you worship yourself and not God. That is your choice. History has proven time and time again when nations fall away from God they are taken over or taken into exile. Sexual deviants in the mainstream are usually the last chapter in the existence of those nation. Yes, I have no problem if taxpayers funded school systems that were religion based. I don't have a problem what religion either. At least if they stand for something they will have some kind of decency. Today, we have little to no decency. It would be much better than our current public school system that has been corrupted by the teacher's union.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm as God fearing Christian. The book I read tells me to love my neighbor as myself. It doesn't quantify that they must be Christian, can't be gay or trans. It just tells me to love them. And it certainly does not tell me to label them as perverts, sexual deviants and other derogatory terms. In case you missed it, that's not what love looks like.

You've totally ignored all of the wars, murders and deaths which were done in the name of God. What he did warn us about were false prophets. The kind that tells us we must accept what they're teaching us because that's what God told them to. A lot of those people are lying and you were warned. Once again, millions have been killed in the name of God and you sound much like what I think it sounded like during the Salem Witch trials. Jesus never told you to hate and persecute sinners no matter what sin you feel they have committed. And he never said to blindly believe what a religion is telling you to believe.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: GMdawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
School choice is a good thing. Make all schools compete to be better than they are today. I think this is a step in the right direction.

FORCING religion on others is never a good thing. Indoctrinating public school kids into Christianity Is deplorable. Fascists.

And YOU calling it progress is the most upside down pitiful logic I’ve ever seen! Dragging people back to the stone ages with a ridiculous belief system based on superstition and invisible friends in the sky is progress? You need to read more.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/08/23 05:46 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
OCD- you're correct- America has never been based on any ONE religion- the Christian right wants everyone to think Christianity is/was only religion the founding fathers pledge themselves too- several were deists, we've had Jews, Muslims, Eastern religions among us from the beginnings. I want great schools educating Americans- stats show best educations are gained in Catholic/ Protestant church schools AND it ain't close. Millions of Americans have abandoned public schools because the education stinks- clothes, disrupting class, and pride weeks are very important, but basic thinking and learning isn't. I taught in HS and quit due to school politics. Jesus did say love your enemies- that's extremely hard calling-----other places in good book tell us not to associate with evil ones- we can do both. Peace.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yet "their enemies" are being targeted.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
People will post the 10 commandments then turn around and not follow most of it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's a lot like the constitution that way. You know, the only part that counts is the second amendment.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
This is what happens when church and state come together. Things we shouldn’t forget.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/u-s-report-details-church-state-collusion-on-indigenous-schools

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And it's they who talk about "indoctrination". Let me quickly explain something. If teachers actually had the ability to indoctrinate their students, far more people in society would know the difference between, "there, their and they're" as well as the difference between "to, too and two".

We have seen what actual indoctrination looks like and the false flag they crying about now is exactly that.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
They don’t want US on the left to indoctrinate their kids… that means stop exposing their kids to higher ideas, literature, and facts from the real world and not the myths and misinformation GOPers live within. No, they want to make sure all of our kids are indoctrinated into their hoopleheaded way of thinking.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I've said it before, if teachers had the ability to indoctrinate kids, all Americans would know the difference between "there, their and they're" as well as "to, too and two". Teachers can't even get them all indoctrinated to learn that in many cases.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Texas state Senate approves bill to post Ten Commandments in public schools

Link Copied to Clipboard