Legend
OP Offline
Legend
If true this is really concerning. Three players robbed is a definite pattern

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have three alibi's.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
One for each of your new cars!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: GMdawg
B
Legend
Legend
B
I wonder where these guys are getting jacked? At their homes, or out and about? That would change the measures that might need to be taken.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Newsome's was stolen at a restaurant, Filter Experience, on West Superior Avenue in Cleveland. Felton says he believed he was followed to his parking garage. Neither published story was specific beyond that. My guess is that they are being tracked/followed after team activities.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Of course Perrion Winfrey was out at the club with Newsome at 3:30am.

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Two Browns players robbed at gunpoint, per police report

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer
Jun 6, 2023, 10:40 AM ET
link

BEREA, Ohio -- Two Cleveland Browns players were robbed at gunpoint by six masked men, according to a police report.

Police redacted the names of the victims in the incident in the report, but a team source confirmed that the two players were cornerback Greg Newsome II and defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey.

Neither was harmed during the incident, police said.

According to police, the two players left a Cleveland nightclub early Monday morning. When they got to Newsome's truck in a nearby parking lot, six masked men jumped out of an unknown car and robbed them at gunpoint at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday. In addition to stealing jewelry, the suspects fled in Newsome's truck.

Police are attempting to locate the stolen vehicle. Newsome referenced the incident on Twitter on Monday night, writing: "It's a cruel world we live in."

Newsome wasn't the only Browns player to have his car stolen over the weekend. Another source confirmed that Browns backup running back Demetric Felton had his vehicle stolen out of his apartment garage.

The Browns begin mandatory minicamp Tuesday.

It might seem like the Browns franchise along with the local Police Department would have a high degree of interest in this case, providing added patrols in those areas where Brown players and personnel live.

Last edited by mac; 06/06/23 12:25 PM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
The fact that one incident happened outside of a club by armed men and the other was stolen out of a garage would indicate to me they are not related. Being in a club at 3:30 in the morning is no excuse for thieves to confront you, rob you and steal your vehicle. Yet at the same time it points out a lack in judgement.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Correct. Not an excuse, but you've made yourself an easy target.

They know what you're driving (the nicest car in the lot), they know you've been drinking, they probably know there is no weapon on your person... and they know you have so much money that you're not willing to die over a vehicle.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Also, wearing thousands and thousands of dollars of jewelry screams “rob me!”

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
It really is a nice easy payday for criminals. They know there is enough to split six ways... and with six armed perps, there's no real way for anything to go sideways. They've got one dude in the club just waiting to see that they will be there to the point of inebriation; then it's a go.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
That's pretty bad considering the car jackers have more
Thefts than your 1st RD pick at CB has in 2 years

1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
That's pretty bad considering the car jackers have more
Thefts than your 1st RD pick at CB has in 2 years

Someone needs to ship Newsome a case of Aloe Vera, because that is some serious burns he has right now rofl

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac
Two Browns players robbed at gunpoint, per police report

Jake Trotter, ESPN Staff Writer
Jun 6, 2023, 10:40 AM ET
link

BEREA, Ohio -- Two Cleveland Browns players were robbed at gunpoint by six masked men, according to a police report.

Police redacted the names of the victims in the incident in the report, but a team source confirmed that the two players were cornerback Greg Newsome II and defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey.

Neither was harmed during the incident, police said.

According to police, the two players left a Cleveland nightclub early Monday morning. When they got to Newsome's truck in a nearby parking lot, six masked men jumped out of an unknown car and robbed them at gunpoint at 3:30 a.m. ET Monday. In addition to stealing jewelry, the suspects fled in Newsome's truck.

Police are attempting to locate the stolen vehicle. Newsome referenced the incident on Twitter on Monday night, writing: "It's a cruel world we live in."

Newsome wasn't the only Browns player to have his car stolen over the weekend. Another source confirmed that Browns backup running back Demetric Felton had his vehicle stolen out of his apartment garage.

The Browns begin mandatory minicamp Tuesday.

It might seem like the Browns franchise along with the local Police Department would have a high degree of interest in this case, providing added patrols in those areas where Brown players and personnel live.

That is why I asked my question earlier. If it is happening at their homes, then the Browns and Police might be able to do something. Since it is in random parking lots or at some clubs closing, I don't see how either can do all that much in the way of preventative measures. They don't keep tabs on these guys after they leave practice.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
No doubt, each and every player is responsible for their own conduct...where they go and what they do with their time.

That said, it becomes more difficult for the Browns franchise to claim that Cleveland is a great place for free agents to consider living and playing in when faced with the reality of what it is like for Cleveland Browns players trying to live in Cleveland and the surrounding area.

Given the recent accounts that Browns players have experienced...Cleveland is a very dangerous place for high profile individuals to try to live in.

P
Legend
Legend
P
So are many other NFL cities. I don't think this singles out Cleveland. I'd really like to know how many NFL cities you think are safe at 3:30 in the morning around the night club scene.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: jfanent
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mac
No doubt, each and every player is responsible for their own conduct...where they go and what they do with their time.

That said, it becomes more difficult for the Browns franchise to claim that Cleveland is a great place for free agents to consider living and playing in when faced with the reality of what it is like for Cleveland Browns players trying to live in Cleveland and the surrounding area.

Given the recent accounts that Browns players have experienced...Cleveland is a very dangerous place for high profile individuals to try to live in.

It is. And not just for high profile people. It's been that way for a good while, but now we are branching in to other areas. I know I wouldn't be out walking around the parking lots in Cleveland at 3:30 AM.

Anywhere I go, when I don't see people walking around the sidewalks and a good volume of traffic driving by, I know I don't need to be out and about town.

And just a comment, but Cleveland is proud of the streetlights. That sepia look, historic as some say, but they don't light for crap. Cleveland is a dark town at night IMO.

I am no high profile target, but for me, I take a cab, or go somewhere with valet parking who end up bringing my car to me. I'd rather just pay an extra $20 to have that over having to walk around some dark corner to go get my car.

If you ask for trouble often enough, you will find it.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
If you ask for trouble often enough, you will find it.

My father had a bit of advise he passed along to me when I got my drivers license...nothing good happens after midnight..!

For the most part, he was correct...

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Greg Newsome carjacked

Link Copied to Clipboard