Next Thread
Print Thread
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
The Republican Party has proved it will do anything for Donald Trump-- they KNOW he's a slim ball. I just wanted to review one man's opinion of Donald- what he said about him BEFORE eventually voting for and endorsing him. And he's a fellow Republican--Ted Cruz.

Ted Cruz- Republican Senator from Texas--Cruz graduated from Harvard Law in 1995 with a Juris Doctor degree magna [censored] laude- noted because Cruz isn't DUMB. What he said about the Donald in 2016-

“Donald Trump is a serial philanderer, and he boasts about it. This is not a secret. He’s proud of being a serial philanderer.”

“He combines [dishonesty] with being a narcissist, a narcissist at a level I don’t think this country’s ever seen. Donald Trump is such a narcissist that Barack Obama looks at him and says, ‘Dude, what’s your problem?’’’

Cruz suggesting that they might show “Donald’s business dealings with the mob, with the mafia.”

Cruz mentioned other things- now the Donald has been President and he's set records daily for ex-President vile conduct- all his indictments show he deserves to again be elected President. Anyone but Trump.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
E
Legend
Legend
E
Why would Cruz say something nice? They were competing for the GOP nomination. Try and find something that isnt obvious poltical opponent mudslinging.

No Craps Given
M
Legend
Legend
M
Go look up what the people who have worked closest to who him have said .... Over and over. People from his inner circle .... Its FAR more damning than anything Cruz said. But those that want to excuse Trump will either deflect or simply ignore. Same old ...

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Why would Cruz say something nice? They were competing for the GOP nomination. Try and find something that isnt obvious poltical opponent mudslinging.

The last line seems to indicate that that is Cruz today... But truth be told, Trump called is wife ugly, he said that Cruz's father helped kill Kennedy and that Cruz isn't even American.

Then, for the last 7 years, Cruz has had his lips permanantly attached to Trumps butt. Kissing his butt every day. and he's shown no courage at all when it comes to calling Trump out.

So in the end, I could care less what Cruz had to say or when he said it.

He needs to go.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Former Defense Secretary James Mattis

He called Trump “the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people.”

“We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children,” he wrote.

“We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution,” his statement said.

Former Navy Secretary Richard V. Spencer

Spencer called Trump’s intervention in the war crimes case “shocking and unprecedented.”

“It was also a reminder that the President has very little understanding of what it means to be in the military, to fight ethically or to be governed by a uniform set of rules and practices,” he wrote.

Former White House national security adviser John Bolton

In a draft manuscript of his book, Bolton wrote that Trump directed him to help with his pressure campaign in Ukraine to dig up dirt on Democrats. The manuscript also reportedly claimed that Trump directed Bolton to set up a meeting between the President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky, and Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani.

Former White House chief of staff John Kelly

Kelly has said he believes Bolton’s accusation – that Trump told Bolton US security aid to Ukraine was conditioned on an investigation of the President’s political rivals.

“If John Bolton says that in the book I believe John Bolton,” Kelly said.

Kelly has also said that Trump would not be in the middle of an impeachment process if he were still chief of staff and that he advised Trump not to hire a yes man to replace him.

“I said, whatever you do – and we were still in the process of trying to find someone to take my place – I said whatever you do, don’t hire a ‘yes man,’ someone who won’t tell you the truth – don’t do that,” Kelly said at the time. “Because if you do, I believe you will be impeached.

On Friday, Kelly said he agreed with Mattis about Trump’s handling of demonstrations in the wake of Floyd’s death.

“There is a concern, I think an awful big concern, that the partisanship has gotten out of hand, the tribal thing has gotten out of hand,” Kelly said. “He’s quite a man, Jim Mattis, and for him to do that tells you where he is relative to the concern he has for our country.”

Kelly also said he would have cautioned Trump against the idea of using law enforcement to clear Lafayette Square ahead of his photo-op outside of St. John’s Church.

“I would’ve argued against it, recommended against it,” Kelly said. “I would argue that the end result of that was predictable.”

Cliff Sims, former special assistant to the President and director of White House Message Strategy

Sims wrote “Team of Vipers,” claiming, among other things, that Trump created an “enemies list” consisting of members of his own administration.

In early 2019, after the book was published, Sims sued Trump and sought an injunction against the nondisclosure agreements Trump had him agree to when he worked at the White House.

Omarosa Manigault Newman, former director of communications for the White House Office of Public Liaison

“Donald Trump, who would attack civil rights icons and professional athletes, who would go after grieving black widows, who would say there were good people on both sides, who endorsed an accused child molester; Donald Trump, and his decisions and his behavior, was harming the country. I could no longer be a part of this madness,” she wrote in her book.

Former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci

“For the last 3 years I have fully supported this President,” Scaramucci tweeted in September 2019. “Recently he has said things that divide the country in a way that is unacceptable. So I didn’t pass the 100% litmus test. Eventually he turns on everyone and soon it will be you and then the entire country.”

A month earlier, Scaramucci had called Trump’s attacks on four minority congresswomen “racist and unacceptable.”

He no longer supports Trump’s reelection bid.

Gary Cohn, former National Economic Council director

“We had an interesting nucleus of people when I was in the White House – the initial team. We were not bashful. It was a group that was willing to tell the President what he needed to know, whether he wanted to hear it or not,” Cohn told CNN’s David Axelrod in an interview on “The Axe Files” podcast. “None of us are there any more. So I am concerned that the atmosphere in the White House is no longer conducive, or no one has the personality to stand up and tell the President what he doesn’t want to hear,” he said.

Former White House counsel Ty Cobb

After leaving the White House, he said he did not think the special counsel’s probe was a “witch hunt.”

“Bob Mueller is an American hero in my view,” Cobb also said, noting Mueller’s service as a Marine.

Former US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley

Haley said the President’s decision to remove US troops from northern Syria during Turkey’s plans to launch a military offensive in the region would equate to the US leaving its Kurdish allies “to die.”

And after Trump tweeted: “Really bad news! The Baltimore house of Elijah Cummings was robbed. Too bad!” Haley replied: “This is so unnecessary.”

Former Attorney General Jeff Sessions

Sessions has maintained that he supports the President’s political agenda, but after Trump endorsed his Senate primary opponent and slammed Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, Sessions tried to defend himself.

“Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law. I did my duty & you’re damn fortunate I did. It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration,” Sessions tweeted. “Your personal feelings don’t dictate who Alabama picks as their senator, the people of Alabama do.”

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/politics/officials-who-criticized-donald-trump/index.html

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Immediately following Jan. 6th

Mitch McConnell

“The entire nation knows who is responsible for that day,” McConnell said in a statement, pointing the finger squarely at Trump in response to the House Jan. 6 committee referring four criminal charges against Trump to the Justice Department.

“The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president,” he said in February 2021 after voting on technical grounds to acquit Trump during his second impeachment trial.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I really don’t care what fellow republicans say. They talk the talk but bow down to trump in the end. I considered myself a conservative Republican for years. To my fellow republicans that turned my party into something I don’t recognize . Screw you, rot in hell. You’ve help to generate a wedge in the American culture with hate. What was once a great country is weaker by you putting forth a deranged egotistical lying fool upon US.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
H
hitt Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
H
Money talks and BS walks.....interesting no one wants to help the Donald with his legal fees and other probllems- note the RNC lack of MONEY--- here is an interesting quote--

I don’t think it is fair to call Donald Trump a damaged candidate,” said Eric Levine, a top GOP fundraiser who has been calling on the party to move on from Trump since the 2020 election and the uprising at the Capitol. “He is a metastasizing cancer who if he is not stopped is going to destroy the party. Donald Trump is a loser. He is the first president since Hoover to lose the House, the Senate and the presidency in a single term.

Trump is a loser- his hand picked midterm chosen got beat, he's a "billionaire" who need the massive number of suckers to buy his colonge, sneakers, and shares of his "media company" to stay afloat. Damn he's Presidential- name an ex-President who has been worse.
NONE. Beat Trump- so few members of Republican Party have the guts to call him what he is---- a sideshow hawker/ con man.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
O
Legend
Legend
O
Anyone and everyone who votes for Trump in 24 is a traitor, imho. And they should all have that label applied to the permanent records with their FBI and Homeland. It’s obvious his campaign is just a continuation of J6.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/28/24 02:30 PM.
Legend
Legend
Why not just gas them?

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Good point!

Legend
Legend
Actually, just make them dig for cobalt in the sun until they die, that way we can save the planet. Wouldn't want to waste all that gas on the half of the country that are scumbag-fascist-ultraMAGA-asshat-mouth-breathing-gay-bashing-racists. thumbsup

O
Legend
Legend
O
Now you get it.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FATE
Why not just gas them?

I like your thinking young man!

Seriously, if we gassed them, we'd be no better than Trump.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you have to consider who he is commenting to and what that person has been posting.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
You keep you mouth off my posts. I only say what many feel, but we’re not in camp kumbaya.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/28/24 03:11 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You must have me confused with someone who gives a damn what you think about their posts. I'm not that guy. There's disgusting people on both sides. You are the liberal version of Eve.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I love when the lines I was first to use on DT get thrown back at me. It shows you’re ish is weak af.

Shouldn’t you be out protesting deaths in Gaza? Lmap, nope. You wouldn’t be able to stop posting a response to every comment made on DT and that would crush your tiny soul. You talk the talk but never walk the walk.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/28/24 03:23 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Aw. Did your little snowflake emotions become overwhelmed? See, I understand that only the weak feel the need to talk tough. You know, the way you sound off about all the terrible things that should be done to Republicans you disagree with and despise. #thoughtsandprayers

Shouldn't you be out stringing up a white supremacist somewhere about now?

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
You couldn’t hurt my feelings if you tried, because I can say I don’t care about you what-so-ever and mean it. The difference is I’n a real man.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
The difference is I’n a real man.

rofl

Who you trying to convince? You or me? naughtydevil

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Just laying out the facts. wink

P
Legend
Legend
P
You are truly a legend in your own mind. I think you've lost touch with the reality that your own truth is not the same as the facts.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
You couldn’t hurt my feelings if you tried, because I can say I don’t care about you what-so-ever and mean it. The difference is I’n a real man.

Actually, I think your pronouns are lost/confused.

And just from tidbits I've learned over the years -- you wouldn't last five minutes in a room with Pit if given a four minute head start to get out and run home. rofl

O
Legend
Legend
O
You’ve learned nothing then. My ailments don’t diminish the man within. And if I go out standing my ground, I’M FINE WITH THAT, beats the hell out of the alternatives. You might not get that, not everyone has that in them, nor the stones to follow through.

And today, fate, i enjoyed our back and forth. I’ve been waiting for you to de-meme and realize I’m trash talking. But I’ve loved the free rent.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 03/28/24 03:56 PM.
Legend
Legend
It's not free rent -- it's more like you squatting. thumbsup

And I like memes. A picture's worth a thousand words.

[Linked Image from 64.media.tumblr.com]

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Welp...this thread took a turn.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Oh crap, sorry.

If they have to be Trump quotes, I'll go with this:

“Donald Trump is wholly unfit for office and a clear and present danger to democracy. Republicans, please take him on,” Alyssa Farah Griffin on the day of Trump’s announcement.

(I like to keep within the confines of "we're losing our democracy!" and Joe Biden is our Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Legend
Legend
I also want to post a pic, in case anyone doesn't know who she is:

[Linked Image from i.abcnewsfe.com]

O
Legend
Legend
O
“The mob was fed lies. They were provoked by the president and other powerful people.”
McConnell spoke six days after the Democratic-led House impeached Trump on charges of inciting the Jan. 6 attack.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/mcconnell-says-jan-6-capitol-attack-was-provoked-by-trump-and-others-in-power#:~:text=Watch%20McConnell's%20statement%20in%20the,6%20attack.

Even Mitch McConnell has moments where he lets his mask fall and says what he's really thinking. Right after Jan6 was one of them.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm not quite sure that pic jogs my memory enough. You should probably post another.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus History - What Fellow Republicans Have Said about Donald Trump, Find Good Quotes

Link Copied to Clipboard