single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:25 PM
The Browns will allow less than 30 sacks this year
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:26 PM
The Browns will allow less than 110 ypg rushing
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:26 PM
The Browns will have a RB average greater than 4.0 ypc this year.
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:27 PM
The Browns will score 3 or more special teams TDs this year
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:28 PM
The Browns will have a defender with more 5 or more INTs this year.
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:28 PM
The Browns will have a player with more than 11 sacks this year.
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:29 PM
The Browns will allow less than 240 ypg passing this year.
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 09/08/15 03:29 PM

yebat' Putin
DCDAWGFAN #995839 09/09/15 07:22 AM
Legend
Legend
Sadly most of mine were false

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Legend
Legend
S
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Sadly most of mine were false

Me too.

QB throwing for 3000 yards? I'm just playing the odds there... Run heavy team, inconsistency at QB which means Manziel could play later on. Hard to rack up yards when you are using multiple QB's like we do every year.

I do think a RB will get over 900. The offense is simply set up for it.

I went against a WR getting 80 catches. The only guy that could get even close is Hawk and I can't see it. We just don't have a go-to guy, therefore by default your passing offense is a spread out offense.

I think we will allow less than 30 sacks, but I don't feel great about that. We saw McCown create sacks on his own in the preseason, and Manziel by nature will be sacked because he scrambled. Still, our offensive line is a strong point, and we will run the ball a lot, so I went true.

I think we will allow more than 110 yards per game rushing. I like our defense, but this is more of an indictment on this offense not doing the defense any favors. Part of the reason we were dead last in running is because we really don't put teams away. We play from behind a bit, and you saw the last 5 games where teams knew if they kept pounding the ball, things would break. When you aren't a threat on offense, teams are just going to keep running the ball. Even good defenses wear down under those conditions. I can't see how our offense is any better this year. Most people just see the rush stats and assume the Browns defense is bad. Give this team a respectable offense and a few more obvious passing downs and they would look insanely better.

I think a Browns RB will average more than 4 yards per carry. I expect someone to step up. Like I said this offensive line is just set up for a running back to be pretty good.

I went false on 3 or more ST touchdowns this year. That's just so hard to project. I do have high hopes for Travis Benjamin this year both on special teams and at receiver.

I went against a Browns defender having 5 or more INT, but I do believe there are going to be quite a few in that secondary. They're just damn good. The Shark is capable of 5, we all know that. That's such a fun group to watch.

I don't really see anyone getting to 11 sacks. Kruger did it last year, I get that, but we just don't have a consistent enough pass rusher or me to say true on this.

I do believe we will allow less than 240 passing. Our secondary is good, and as I said before, teams are still going to run against us until we prove we can threaten them on offense.

DCDAWGFAN #996200 09/09/15 07:06 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
The Browns will have one QB throw for at least 3000 yards

I answered false because we haven't had a QB complete all 16 games since Tim couch

The Browns will have one RB rush for at least 900 yards

I answered true because if Duke can stay healthy, I believe he can accomplish this with our OL.

The Browns will allow less than 30 sacks this year

I answered false on this one because I feel McCown and Manziel hold the ball too long. A QB can make an OL look much worse than they are when they hold onto the ball too long.

The Browns will allow less than 110 ypg rushing

Once again I chose false because while I do believe we may be better at stopping runs up the middle, I have seen nothing that indicates our OLB's can maintain on the outside and ILB's on gap responsibility.

The Browns will have a RB average greater than 4.0 ypc this year.

I chose true because I believe if Duke can stay healthy, he can achieve this. However, The Crow is our red zone threat and will have more TD's.

The Browns will score 3 or more special teams TDs this year

I chose true on this because just like Tab predicted, this year is two years removed from Benji's knee injury and he looks to be running with confidence on returns.

The Browns will have a defender with more 5 or more INTs this year.

Once again I chose true because I don't think Gipson was a fluke.

The Browns will have a player with more than 11 sacks this year.

I chose false because I believe the pass rush will be more balanced and vary as to who gets the sacks from game to game.

The Browns will allow less than 240 ypg passing this year.

I chose false on this one simply because of our schedule and as much as I hate to say it, I don't believe Tramon Wilson will be what many here believe. He had a very questionable season last year and at his age, that's not a positive sign. Hope I'm wrong.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DCDAWGFAN #997300 09/11/15 08:35 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Amazing how many of the offensive questions were false.

DCDAWGFAN #999161 09/13/15 06:37 PM
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Too bad there is not an easy option to choose, like "False for all the above."

Legend
Legend
i think everything about our team is false

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Why 900 yards for the rb rushing on the year. Why not put, 1000 yd rusher.

I think the answers are pretty much obvious on most of those q's because they will pretty much be what they've been the last 4 or 5 years.

qb 3000 , no
Rb, 900, no
Wr, 80, no way, check what it was last year. Still watching the race to 37 catches on the year. Barnidge and Benjamin are close.

less than 30 sacks given up. Heck ya!
less than 110 yds rushing per game? NOt on the year, maybe for a couple games here and there, but through 16, it's going to be over 110. 110's not that much, if any teams committed to the run game.

Rb over 4 yds per carry. NO, well, if there's no minimum carries, then maybe one ("also ran") will avg over 4

3 or more sp teams td's. Heck ya, may be one single player reach that.

One player with 5 or more ints. That one is hard, because your talking about one player, not the team as a whole. So it's possible, but probably a No. But not a bad thing, I could see a case where they may have 14 ints. and no one player has more than 4.

A player with 11 sacks. NO. Have they since Michael Dean Perry was still playing? C'mon, the DE's are so much by committee in this current incarnation of a defense.

Less than 240 passing per game. C'mon, it's the 2015 NFL, they'd be hard pressed to do that for one game, twice, on the year. The 240 number is too low. Maybe they avg less than 290, which would still be a team strength.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
a little insight into where those numbers came from...

Quote:
Why 900 yards for the rb rushing on the year. Why not put, 1000 yd rusher.

Because 900 seemed more reasonable... There were only 13 guys with over 1000 yards rushing last year. If anything I should have made it 700 because that is more in the middle of the league. Crow is on pace to have 725 yards.

Quote:
qb 3000 , no

Every team threw for over 3000 yards last year and 22 QBs did as individuals, the key is staying healthy. If you play 14 or more games, it's hard to NOT throw for 3000 yards. If McCown stays healthy he is on pace to throw for closer to 5000 and that's missing 2 games. Even if he doesn't stay on the same pace as the weather changes, he should get to 3000 easy if he stays on the field.

Quote:
Wr, 80, no way, check what it was last year. Still watching the race to 37 catches on the year. Barnidge and Benjamin are close.

I did check what it was last year, I also checked NFL stats to see some averages. 23 guys caught 80 or more balls last year. Seemed like a reasonable place to put the over/under. The pace Benji is on, he will have 83 catches... Barnidge will have 72.

Quote:
less than 30 sacks given up. Heck ya!

Again, 21 teams gave up 30 or more sacks last year... We are on pace to give about 57.... 3rd worst in the league.

Quote:
less than 110 yds rushing per game? NOt on the year, maybe for a couple games here and there, but through 16, it's going to be over 110. 110's not that much, if any teams committed to the run game.

17 teams gave up less than 110 yards rushing per game last year, remember when I did this poll, defense was supposed to be a strength... Right now we are at about 150/game.

Quote:
Rb over 4 yds per carry. NO, well, if there's no minimum carries, then maybe one ("also ran") will avg over 4

Hard to count how many did this last year because there a lot of those guys with a handful of carries... but it's a lot. Crow is currently at 3.7 (Manziel and McCown are both over 4... tongue )

Quote:
3 or more sp teams td's. Heck ya, may be one single player reach that.

We currently have 1. Could go either way. Forcing more punts would help.

Quote:
One player with 5 or more ints. That one is hard, because your talking about one player, not the team as a whole. So it's possible, but probably a No.

Another combo.. Gipson had 6 last year, only 7 guys had 5 or more. Dansby is actually on pace to have 5+ right now. These things seem to come in bunches though.

Quote:
A player with 11 sacks. NO. Have they since Michael Dean Perry was still playing? C'mon,

Kruger had 11 last year. So I set the bar there. 13 players had 11 or more last year. Armonty Bryant currently the leader at 3.5.

Quote:
Less than 240 passing per game. C'mon, it's the 2015 NFL, they'd be hard pressed to do that for one game, twice, on the year. The 240 number is too low.

Well, in the 2014 NFL, 17 teams gave up less than 240 passing ypg. 13 teams are under that mark this year. Currently we are at 257.

yebat' Putin
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus True or False

Link Copied to Clipboard