Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
His lack of leadership has put America in a position of weakness for decades to follow. John Kerry's Iran deal is being circumvented by cooperation between North Korea and Iran who are sharing missile and nuclear technology funded by the 150 billion Obama handed our mortal enemy, the Iranian radical terrorists.

North Korea is helping Iran develop its nuclear ballistic missile program, Alireza Jafarzadeh, deputy director of the National Council of Resistance of Iran, tells Newsmax TV.

"The world has known about the cooperation of North Korea and Iran for many years, but what they didn't know is that the extent of cooperation … is way beyond missile technology," Jafarzadeh said Wednesday on "the Steve Malzberg Show."

"The cooperation extends to two other major fields – one, the nuclear program of Iran and the other, the development of the nuclear warhead technology."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsmax-Tv/iran-nuclear-missile-program/2015/06/03/id/648556/

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
The Iran deal, which involved a host of other nations, including Russia, is his biggest foreign policy mistake?

Keepi Iran from having nukes is a mistake?

Man, we got two very different definitions of the word "mistake'

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Legend
Legend
D
He's had many foreign policy mistakes, who cares which one is the biggest. He just takes pathetic to a whole new level. The next president will have lots of work cleaning up after Obama's many mistakes (that are counting.)

I've never seen America so weak on the outside and the massive dividers of racism and etc on the inside.

All, of course, JMO.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
He's had many foreign policy mistakes, who cares which one is the biggest. He just takes pathetic to a whole new level. The next president will have lots of work cleaning up after Obama's many mistakes (that are counting.)

I've never seen America so weak on the outside and the massive dividers of racism and etc on the inside.

All, of course, JMO.

Yeah right, Like Obama had a picnic cleaning up after Bush.

Hey, I'm not a fan of Obama, Got fooled the first time, didn't get fooled the second time, but damn it, Bush left this country in a mess.

People forget the facts...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Well, it's a mess if you ask conservatives, it's going good if you ask liberals.

There were conservatives who said the country was in awesome shape when bush left office.

Lol, whatever.

People have their opinions.

I just don't understand how keeping Iran from getting nukes could possibly be a mistake. Need somebody to explain that to me.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

I just don't understand how keeping Iran from getting nukes could possibly be a mistake. Need somebody to explain that to me.

Just wait a bit and my Third Grader Grandson will be home to splain it to you. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
Quote:

How does this deal keep Iran from developing a nuclear weapon? They are still allowed to enrich uranium, and some of their facilities can't be searched without giving Iran 24 day notice. (and the 24 day window is only 1 stage of the process) They know that they could be searched at some point, so they are prepared to have to move.

Heck, Iran could have their facilities set up in the basement of a building, and once they get a request (because that's all we can really do, initially, is request) for an inspection, they remove any incriminating evidence, and fill it in with cement. Good luck with that inspection.

Iran is very skilled at cheating. They also know how to stall and delay with the best of them. The deal was a bad deal. It allowed for the removal of sanctions from Iran, which could well benefit some parties involved in the creation of this deal.

I know that a deal was difficult to reach. I get that. Iran did not want to give up anything. However, they played the negotiators on "our" side to make sure that they got everything they wanted, and they gave up very little that they cannot overcome on their side. I say "our" because we were not the only player on our side. That said, if we wanted to block a bad deal, we could have. Iran needed this deal, and the removal of sanctions, not us. This deal was negotiated as if they had all of the power. It was a great deal. For Iran. For our side? Not so much.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Obviously the only solution for many involves repeating Iraq mistakes, or carpet bombing Iran.

Bernie mentioned how regime changes in the middle east, led by us, never end well. Won't anyone ever learn?

Legend
Legend
You better look over the deal again, they can't make one bomb. They can't even have enough individual materials to combine it to make a bomb.

So somebody explain to me, why is this deal a mistake?

It was either this deal, or war.

And I don't see anybody on this board signing up to the military to potentially fight Iran.

At this point, the only people I see who hate the deal are the same people who hate Obama no matter what he does.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
You better look over the deal again, they can't make one bomb. They can't even have enough individual materials to combine it to make a bomb.

And we have to trust them that this is so.

I don't completely blame the Obama administration for this mess. They were not the lead. Kerry was a minor cog, not the engine behind this deal. However, what I do blame them for, is that they just went along with a bad deal. This deal wasn't about safeguarding anything, It was about getting Iranian oil onto the world market, and opening Iran to outside investment and being able to sell to Iran.

It was a bad deal, and the thing I blame the Obama administration for is that they did not fight for stronger inspection requirements. If the US would have said that they would not approve the removal of sanctions on Iran, something they could have done given their place in the Security Council, then a better deal would have been guaranteed, if Iran wanted sanctions lifted. However, instead of leading on this issue, we allowed others to take the lead, and went along with a bad deal.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Legend
Legend
Well, that's your opinion.

I don't think it's a bad deal at all. You guys need to remember that in negotiating, somebody has to give up something. Iran had to choose between having their markets open up, or tighter sanctions on the hope of eventually developing a nuke.

I also want to remind you, YTown, that that Israeli PM has been crying wolf about Iran getting a nuke since atleast 1996. He's been saying Iran is 2-3 years from getting a nuke for 20 years, still ain't happened.

And the US just made sure it DOESNT happen.

To me, that's leadership. Opening Iranian markets also goes a long way into the country moving toward more socially acceptable lifestyles, as countries with better economies typically have less crime rates and better human rights.

That's something you aren't taking into account.

You guys are calling it a bad deal because we a good deal to you guys is keeping the sanctions AND keeping them from getti nukes.

It doesn't work like that. If we want the Middle East to eventually get with the rest of the world, it's diplomacy like this that helps get that engine started.

And what better way than the biggest nation in the Middle East after Saudi?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Last edited by FBHO71; 02/12/16 03:06 PM.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Quote:
And I don't see anybody on this board signing up to the military to potentially fight Iran.

I wouldnt hesitate to do so...but I'm to old and broken up now superconfused

Iran, China, North Korea and Russia...sign me up...I aint scurred...By the way I understood why you said what you did in the quotes...but man isnt that a broad brush Swish?? Saying the whole board is full of vaginas or something else?

Last edited by FBHO71; 02/12/16 03:18 PM.
Legend
Legend
ok bro, i'mma be nice about this because you're my brother.

first, your first two links are written by conservative supportes.

your 3rd link, the huffington post? is a top ten reason why OPPOSING the deal is bad policy.

that whole article is in support of the deal, not against.

then the 4th is of course a conservative reporter.

so of course they oppose the deal. i'm not even surprised.

so if that wasn't your point, my bad. if that was though, i already said: if your conservative, you hate the deal, if your liberal, you love it.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Quote:

Iran, China, North Korea and Russia...sign me up...I aint scurred...By the way I understood why you said what you did in the quotes...but man isnt that a broad brush Swish?? Saying the whole board is full of vaginas or something else?

we have people that war monger on this board, but have zero active personal skin in the game.

i'm in the group that says we need to use the military as a last resort. there's certain people on this board that want to use to military like bouncers kicking out drunk chicks at a night club.

we got guys that want to bomb places like there's gonna zero consequences.

so yes, if people are so for going to war, why don't they put their money where their mouth is and go fight?

be the leadership they want to see. be the example. if they believe in going to war, the either sign the hell up, or shut up.

we already did our part. iran ain't no threat to us. but if they wanna go beat on the drums of war all the time, take those drums on the plane, with their m16 and IOTV, and go put in work.

it's cool if they were talking about military action as a last resort, but they aren't. so thats why i say what i say.

Last edited by Swish; 02/12/16 03:33 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
This country has shown me zero reasons to fight for .

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: FBHO71
Quote:

we have people that war monger on this board, but have zero active personal skin in the game.

i'm in the group that says we need to use the military as a last resort. there's certain people on this board that want to use to military like bouncers kicking out drunk chicks at a night club.

we got guys that want to bomb places like there's gonna zero consequences.

so yes, if people are so for going to war, why don't they put their money where their mouth is and go fight?

be the leadership they want to see. be the example. if they believe in going to war, the either sign the hell up, or shut up.

we already did our part. iran ain't no threat to us. but if they wanna go beat on the drums of war all the time, take those drums on the plane, with their m16 and IOTV, and go put in work.

it's cool if they were talking about military action as a last resort, but they aren't. so thats why i say what i say.

Just stop it. America sends our Military when it is needed, Civilians only fight once the Military has been defeated.

Silly argument. If you had your way, Obama would be humping mountains in Afghanistan right now. rolleyes

I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Way to deflect ! Doesn't cost you anything to spew your garbage does it ? Didn't you ever envy soldiers and the comradiere they share ? Envy the fact that they had the balls to sack up and go in harms way ? Pathetic.

All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
You leftbangers do realize that Iran is partnering with North Korea on missile delivery traded for nuclear warhead technology and Obama has provided $150 billion for the project.

GO BROWNS!
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
You leftbangers do realize that Iran is partnering with North Korea on missile delivery traded for nuclear warhead technology and Obama has provided $150 billion for the project.

GO BROWNS!
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize that the money you speak of was Irans' to begin with, right? They simply unfroze the assets that had been frozen under the sanctions. People make it sound like we gave it to them. It was actually there's to being with.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You do realize that the money you speak of was Irans' to begin with, right? They simply unfroze the assets that had been frozen under the sanctions. People make it sound like we gave it to them. It was actually there's to being with.

Yes I do and the Ayatollah thanks Obama for freeing up all that cash to fund his terrorist initiatives,

GO BROWNS!
Legend
Legend
I thank God that there are so many young men and women who are willing to serve our country. These young people put their lives at risk, for their country, and for their fellow soldiers. I feel that this is one of the most honorable callings anyone can answer.

I remember when the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars began. Some opined that we would see massively lower reenlistment among the armed forces, and we would see so few people joining the military that we might need to reinstate the draft. Never happened. Young people still lined up to serve, even knowing that they were placing their own lives at risk.

They give me hope for the future.

Legend
Legend
Russian prime minister says there's a new Cold War

MUNICH, Germany — Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev told a security conference here Saturday that the world was in a new Cold War and that the West was to blame.

"NATO's attitude toward Russia remains unfriendly and opaque, and one could go so far as to say we have slid back to a new Cold War," Medvedev said.

"Sometimes I wonder if it is the year 2016 or 1962," he said.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2016/02/13/hjelmgaard/80334952/

-Sigh. I remember when we had the Cold War behind us as we emerged victorious.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Hey, I'm not a fan of Obama, Got fooled the first time, didn't get fooled the second time, but damn it, Bush left this country in a mess.

Can't argue that about Bush, that's for sure.

Glad to say I didn't vote for Obama either time, even more glad that every other American can join me this time around.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
Yeah right, Like Obama had a picnic cleaning up after Bush.

If you said 'cleaning up after Carter and Clinton', then you might have your facts straight. The federally assisted housing program that was started under Carter and augmented under Clinton finally crashed during Bush's 2nd term. Didn't any of you wonder how everyone was able to buy $500K houses during that time? The banks were forced to make loans they shouldn't have, and the government allowed the banks to sell worthless paper. It was almost like the 1929 crash, where people were allowed to buy stocks on credit.

Obama has not done a good job, and many of his policies have prevented recovery. We should have learned during FDR that over regulation slows economic recovery. Hopefully, the next pres knows that. I am not hopeful.

Did Bush do some stupid things? Oh yes. I would have preferred he'd left Iraq alone, and used them as an anvil to our hammer in Afghanistan for the Iranians.

Obama's biggest foreign policy fail was not supporting the green movement in Iran after their 2009 election, where the people knew their election was rigged. Obama sided with the current government there, and the green movement was put down. The young people in that country, who appeared to want change, was ignored.

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
Quote:
It was either this deal, or war.

According to whom?

All along that line of thinking screamed BS to me.... like there was no other option.

It really sounded like a talking point drawn up to scare the left into supporting the bill...

Much like how without ACA, children would be dying in the streets and the elderly would be eating cockroach sandwiches...

Both sides do it, they play on the base fears of the constituents... I mean who wouldn't sign a deal, even a not very good deal, rather than go to war? Seems obvious... The Republicans did it with the Patriot Act...

This is not a new tactic, in fact it's a very old, very effective tactic... If we don't do X, Y will happen.. and Y is so horrific, that only a moron would not do X...

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
according to the actions set in motion.

i didn't get that from republican or democratic ideology, i got that from looking at past, current, and future events.

you know why i think is obama's biggest foreign policy mistake? leaving troops in afghanistan.

you think iraq is a waste of time? afghanistan is probably the closest to being in hell i can think of.

and now we're gonna set the place up like kuwait? nah man, that right there pisses me off, we don't need to be permanently setting up shop there.

but anyway, in my opinion, i think it was gonna be either this deal, or war, and my opinion was based off the chance that a republican would win the WH.

unfortunately, that chance is still viable, as we have presidential candidates that want to get rid of a multi-national deal. the deal was global diplomacy at it's finest, and OF COURSE the republicans hated it.

the reason i said there's no other option was because if there's no deal, regardless of sanctions, iran was gonna develop nukes. with a republican president in place, along with a republican congress, we was gonna take military action there. as unfortunate as that statement is, it's the truth; we have a republican lead congress, with republican nominee's who love beating on the drums of war.

Tom cotton is ignorant, we just can't bomb iran and that will be it. there WILL be retaliation. there WILL be consequences to bombing iran. which was the republicans strategy for dealing with them, btw. they have an actual viable military that can run up on people if we aren't careful. are they stronger than us? no even close, but that isn't the point.

and that's why it scares me bro. republicans today preach about reagan, but do very little to honor his name. as much as liberals hate reagan, he was a diplomat, straight up.

today's republicans want military action first, then diplomacy, when it should be the other way around.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
IMO the worse thing was the toppling of Gaddafi in Libya.

Yet another failed Islamic state. It seems nothing was learned from Iraq.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Obama's Biggest Foreign Policy Mistake?

Link Copied to Clipboard