OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
The Reigning DawgTalkers March Madness Winner (2015):

VGplay (Duke)

Runner-up:

TTTDawg (Wisconsin)

Other fun facts:

TopDawg16 graciously ran the Blind Draw for Saint.

Phone Dr was the 32nd and final registrant for the 2015 DT NCAA Tourney (and also a Final Four finalist)

You may recall half the Final Four was the Big Ten (Badgers and Spartans)

Quotes from the 2015 Blind Draw sign-up thread:

Jester - “Just don't give me Oregon again. This would be the 4th year in a row.”

Dawgs4Life - “well, i'm out!” (8 minutes after the draw) (D4L’s teams were Providence, Texas Southern)

jaybird - “Wow.... I'm gonna be out by Friday night..”

Looch - “my apologies for butchering this thread...I guess I haven't posted in a while.

Edited by Looch (03/16/15 03:50 PM)”

(Looch has had one post in the past year)

dawg66 - “I got the homer pick in "THE" Ohio State and a #1 seed in 'Nova. WooHoo!”

DCDAWGFAN - “YESSSSS. I got Albany.... and some team called Gonzaga. Anybody ever heard of them? They must be out west somewhere.”

YTownBrownsFan - “Well, this was a lot of fun again this year “ (after his draws exited the first weekend)

Punchsmack - “Just in case UCLA runs the table, should I leave my paypal address here so the payment can be made once the tourney is over? I already know what I'm going to buy with the $500.”

sk8termom - “Still alive with Utah! “

Frenchy - “I think this is the first time one of my teams has made the sweet 16.”

GraffZ06 - “And then there were four:

PhoneDr -- Michigan State
VGplay -- Duke
Milk Man -- Kentucky
TTTDawg -- Wisconsin”

Be sure to keep your eye out for the Blind Draw thread and register early to join the fun this year. Who knows? You could win the Grand Prize.

Legend
Legend
It'll be a good tournament this year; a lot of parity and no really great teams.

Kansas looked awfully good tonight.
Virginia has the best defense and two very good perimeter players.
UNC might have the most talent.
Michigan State is just tough, with great leadership, and a perennial tournament performer.
Kentucky is raw talent. If they put it together watch out.
Villanova is so streaky. They could win it or lose the first round.
Duke is still Duke, although they don't have depth and aren't healthy (like last year)
Xavier is better than most will realize, just because they're not in a spotlight position.

And then you have teams like Iowa, Oklahoma, Purdue, Indiana, Oregon, Iowa State, etc who can all make runs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't post here much anymore, but I will gladly run the blind draw again this year.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Great! Thanks TD16.

You're truly a fantastic guy (gal?).

And don't forget when you do the "blind draw" it's spelled r-o-c-k-y-h-i-l-l-d-a-w-g.

(please - no Lipscomb, Stetson, La Salle, New Jersey Institute of Technology or Kennesaw State this year Santa)

Legend
Legend
In the blind draw I request getting any of these two: Kansas, UNC, MSU, Villanova, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Miami, Xavier. Thanks.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
It'll be a good tournament this year; a lot of parity and no really great teams.

Kansas looked awfully good tonight.
Virginia has the best defense and two very good perimeter players.
UNC might have the most talent.
Michigan State is just tough, with great leadership, and a perennial tournament performer.
Kentucky is raw talent. If they put it together watch out.
Villanova is so streaky. They could win it or lose the first round.
Duke is still Duke, although they don't have depth and aren't healthy (like last year)
Xavier is better than most will realize, just because they're not in a spotlight position.

And then you have teams like Iowa, Oklahoma, Purdue, Indiana, Oregon, Iowa State, etc who can all make runs

I firmly believe that Maryland is one of the 7 or 8 best teams in the country.. BUT they can't make a shot. I have no idea what happened but somewhere at the end of January beginning of February every single one the guys that normally make 3s at a reasonable percentage just lost their shot... if the turn into March brings some of those shooters back, I think they can be a Final 4 team.. if not, Sweet 16 is probably where it will end.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Agree with Maryland's potential, but as you've noted, they're very inconsistent the past few weeks.

Talent wise? Sure. But I wouldn't pick them to make the final 4.

I think Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina have the best chances

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Agree with Maryland's potential, but as you've noted, they're very inconsistent the past few weeks.

Talent wise? Sure. But I wouldn't pick them to make the final 4.

I think Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina have the best chances

Right now, looking objectively, I wouldn't put them in the Final 4 either.. But a lot can change over the next couple weeks if their shooters wake up. When they are playing well, they are every bit as good as Michigan State and UNC.. I think Kansas is probably the best team going in.

yebat' Putin
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Maryland has the makings of a team who gets upset in the first weekend.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: TopDawg16
Maryland has the makings of a team who gets upset in the first weekend.

I think the same could be said for just about every team in the field. Every one of them has some fatal flaws. Of course you expect the cream to rise to the top (UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan State, Oklahoma, etc), but even those teams have shown some major weaknesses.

This year will be a wild tournament IMO.

Legend
Legend
Who's running things this year? I want my two awful teams that'll lose on Thursday!

I'd also like to do a bracket too.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum 2015 DawgTalkers March Madness recap

Link Copied to Clipboard