Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Quote:
cause when you guys post stats about blacks, i gotta sit here and take it.

I don't ever recall you just sitting there and taking it.

Quote:
but i can't make a counter claim without getting blasted on the boards.

You blast, they blast, everybody blasts... you dish out your share bro.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
your post sounded like you was describing a turf war.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Quote:
You blast, they blast, everybody blasts... you dish out your share bro.

Lol, true

I dish out my share as well. I'm actually a really easy going guy in real life. It's just the nature of message boards, I'm more likely to respond to things I disagree with than things I agree with

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish
your post sounded like you was describing a turf war.

I'm not all that familiar with the details of turf war but.. Isn't that basically what many of our social and political threads turn into?

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
pretty much.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
i just wanna say to you and King.

i like you guys, but you know how i am. emotional as hell.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I was in great shape not all that long ago. Unfortunately, between my back, feet, and legs, my condition has deteriorated quite a bit.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
FBI warned Dutch about El Bakraoui brothers week before Brussels attacks

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-warned-dutch-el-bakraoui-brothers-week-attacks-163847023.html

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) told Dutch police that two brothers were being sought by Belgian authorities a week before the pair blew themselves up in suicide attacks in Brussels, the Dutch interior minister said on Tuesday.

Ard van der Steur was responding by letter to questions from Dutch legislators about Belgian brothers Ibrahim ('Brahim') and Khalid El Bakraoui, who prosecutors say took part in the March 22 attacks which killed 35 people, excluding the attackers.

A series of missteps and blunders by Belgium's security and intelligence agencies have come to light since the attacks, as well weaknesses in communication between intelligence agencies across Europe.

Ibrahim was deported to the Netherlands from Turkey in July 2015, a month after being picked up by Turkish police near the Syrian border. The Netherlands said that when he arrived, his name did not appear on any blacklists so he was not detained. Why he was not deported to Belgium is not clear.

"On March 16, the FBI informed Dutch police over the fact that both brothers were sought by Belgian authorities," the minister wrote.

Van der Steur said the FBI told the Dutch authorities that Ibrahim was sought by the Belgian authorities for "his criminal background", while Khaled was wanted for "terrorism, extremism and recruitment".

In an earlier version of the letter, the minister wrote that the FBI had informed the Dutch authorities of the two brothers, without mentioning that they were wanted by Belgium.

This information was then shared at a meeting between Belgian and Dutch authorities on March 17, the minister wrote.

But in a statement released in response to his letter, the Belgian federal police denied the brothers were mentioned in a discussion on March 17, when a Dutch police representative visited them.

They discussed a shootout in Brussels on March 15 in which an Islamist gunman was shot dead, but there was no mention of the FBI report, the Belgian police said in the statement.

The Dutch parliament will debate later on Tuesday which security measures the Netherlands should take in response to the attacks, which killed three Dutch citizens.

Islamic State claimed the bombings, carried out by the same network that was behind the Paris attacks in November in which 131 people died.

Khalid went missing at the end of October and was on Interpol's wanted list on terrorist charges in December after police discovered a flat used by the Paris attackers that he had been rented using a false name.

(Reporting By Anthony Deutsch; Editing by Philip Blenkinsop and Raissa Kasolowsky)

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
The Russians tell us about the Tsarnaev brothers and we do nothing, we tell the Dutch about the Bakraoui brothers and they do nothing. At least we've found symmetry.

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Quote:
A series of missteps and blunders by Belgium's security and intelligence agencies have come to light since the attacks, as well weaknesses in communication between intelligence agencies across Europe.

Clearly they need their own version of the Patriot Act... and to establish the Department of Motherland Defense.

yebat' Putin
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Swish
i just wanna say to you and King.

i like you guys, but you know how i am. emotional as hell.

I'm the same way dude. It's cool wink

I've got my own issues so I wig out on here from time to time.

I'm a mixture of super factual or straight up over emotional posts tongue

Had a good time on the weed legalization posts with ya, never felt like we had a real beef despite scrapping over race stuff.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: hasugopher
mine:

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between European American and African American.

While I'm not disagreeing with that, I think this particular test is poorly set up and involves subtle trickery moreso than actual bias.

Then again, with 48% of respondees showing strong preference for whites, maybe they are onto something. I'd have to see the exact methodology and there really should be different variants of the test that change the categories in a different order/method. But anyway.

I'd need to look into and verify this particular test to tell. From what I know all the implicit tests are pretty weird like this but are scientifically verified. I've done a couple different ones and they are all the same thing and accepted as scientifically valid. I'll check out this one and see if its nonsense, if so I'll look for a better one.

edit: Here's a link on the pros and cons of it: http://www.apa.org/monitor/2008/07-08/psychometric.aspx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implicit-association_test#Validity_research

Apparently with things like race and gender it has more issues than its other uses for predicting suicidal behavior etc. I liked one article said: "It's not as malleable as mood and not as reliable as a personality trait".

Basically if you just ran into a really mean white dude or read a bunch of neo-nazi stuff it would probably skew your score. Seems susceptible to priming.

Weirdly this review https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/bea...acial-prejudice

Is saying it isn't really a measure of racial prejudice but in-group / out-group... which isn't really weird to me, I just thought that was well understood already. I usually just refer to racism as in-group preference, all the data basically points towards that being the correct way to look at it. It explains Sunni's and Shiites or Catholics and Protestants hating each other despite sharing a race etc. etc.

I haven't found a review of this particular test just yet. My hunch would be it is as valid as any other implicit test, but they are all weaker than the really sweet ones that just measure pupil dilation and stuff wink

Last edited by Kingcob; 03/29/16 06:04 PM.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I'm late to the party due to a hellish work schedule. I wish I'd have created a new thread on the Turkey and Pakistan attacks. After reading the thread, it pretty much went where I wanted it to - good reads overall.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Terror in Brussels

Link Copied to Clipboard