Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Lurker Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
So my 5 year anniversary is coming up and we decided to go to Cleveland for the day. I am from Cleveland but every time I go back it's literally only to visit family in east Cleveland or go to Browns games. I have literally never been downtown since I was a child.

I am thinking about going to Michael Symons first Restaurant Lolas, (I already made reservations). My only issue is the menu is sorta limited I was wondering is there any other restaurants I should look at. I like good quality food, I generally don't eat at any chain restaurants.

Any recommendations?

Legend
Legend
On the corner of east 9th and Euclid, there's a restaurant called the A bar & Kitchen. The food is amazing there, IMO.

Also, there's a German restuarant near CSU on 17th and Chester called the Haufbrahaus.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
My wife and I went to Lola's on East 4th for our past anniversary. We loved it.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
I got this suggestion from Ballpeen several years ago - Chez Francois. It is in Vermillion, not downtown, but trust me - you will not be sorry going here. I know you know your food and I think you would really enjoy this place.

As you know, I have travelled a lot for work and eaten at a lot of great restaurants and this one is probably in my top 2 or 3 restaurants I've ever eaten at. It is amazing.

http://chezfrancois.com/

#gmstrong
L
Lurker Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
L
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg
I got this suggestion from Ballpeen several years ago - Chez Francois. It is in Vermillion, not downtown, but trust me - you will not be sorry going here. I know you know your food and I think you would really enjoy this place.

As you know, I have travelled a lot for work and eaten at a lot of great restaurants and this one is probably in my top 2 or 3 restaurants I've ever eaten at. It is amazing.

http://chezfrancois.com/

THis place sounds amazing I will have to save this for another time.

Wife will be drinking for the first time in like 2 years (baby and nursing) and we both know I am going to be drinking lol nanner

This sounds amazing.
Homard et Saint André en Croûte
Maine lobster and Saint Andre cheese wrapped in puff pastry, baked, served with a black currant sauce.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Limited menu or not, Lola's is excellent. Everything is always done to perfection.

If you like seafood, Blue Point Grill is always very good.

A place that not a lot of people know about, but it absolutely fantastic and quickly becoming more popular is Luca's

Over on the East side near University Circle is another favorite of mine, it's one of Zack Bruell's restaurants L'Albatros

In Tremont, Dante is a great place. You can get a table in an old bank vault.

There is also Adega at the 9.

Just some of the places my wife and I enjoy among many others. Happy anniversary!

B
Legend
Legend
B
You will like Chez...as good as it gets.

As for downtown...Lola is great. Milkman added a few others I like.

Have a great time.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2016/01/10_best_cleveland_restaurants.html#13

This is a pretty good list.

Also: Alley Cat Oyster Bar, Parallax, Fahrenheit, & XO Prime Steaks are good too.

Tackles are tackles.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Where to eat Downtown Cleveland?

Link Copied to Clipboard