Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Ok guys, i really need your support and input on this.

so for the last two years ive been throwing up the official thread. people have won jerseys, shirts, and everything else.

Side note:

brownsfansince79 had won a hat, but instead of the hat he wanted to instead use the money for charity

quick note about the organization:

The mission of RePlay for Kids is to increase the availability of toys and assistive devices for children with disabilities. We pursue this mission by repairing existing devices, adapting mainstream toys, designing new devices, and educating families and clinicians.

http://www.replayforkids.org/index.php?o...4&Itemid=53

so instead of the 25 dollars the hat was worth, ill be donating 50. especially cause i'm late as hell doing it.

ok ok ok ok.

so, the thread is going up once the official 53 man roster is announced.

the reason i was debating not doing the contest this yea is because......well the problem was because i'm pretty sure most is gonna choose between 0-16 and 4-12.

But for the sake of tradition, i'mma keep this going.

so, the standard format the last two years has been

Record (W-L)
QB stats (picking which QB will have the most yards and such)
and record in the AFC north (3-3, 2-4. 0-6, etc).

right now i'm trying to figure out if there's a simply way for everybody's prediction to be different?

i was thinking of maybe adding in # of starts?

For example, you pick the record (say, 3-13), then you pick the QB you want, with the number of starts.

so for example:

3-13

RG3, 10 starts, 3,000 yards, 17 TDs, 3 rush TD's, 7 INT.

does the # of starts help separate, or is it useless?

i really need input from you guys before the thread goes up on..i think monday or tuesday. Thanks guys.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Just a thought, maybe a simple tie-breaker like the score of the final game. Closest to actual wins.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A couple other tie breaker thoughts: overall league rankings on O, D, ST. # of games leading at the half (i know, i know...)

Crowded elevators smell different to short people...
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
[quote=CalDawg]Just a thought, maybe a simple tie-breaker like the score of the final game. Closest to actual wins. [/quote
Sounds decent.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: Flap
A couple other tie breaker thoughts: overall league rankings on O, D, ST. # of games leading at the half (i know, i know...)

I do those rankings as well. But those ranking contest are for the shirts and hats.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well usually I am overly positive, but, this team is very young, we have some pretty good talent but not an overabundance, I hope we go 8-8 but I don't see that right now so I will say (Hope) 5-11 superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E

6-10

RG3: 3,300 yards 22 TDs 10 INTs 350 rushing yards 3 TDs

2-4 Div

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Not yet guys. This is just to make sure we all agree on the fairest criteria for the contest.

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
I'd prefer overall record, divisional record, statistical leaders on the team (in yards) and then overall league rankings.

Example:

8-8
3-3
Crow leading rusher
McCown leading passer
Pryor leading receiver
15th in total points
15th in total defense
-1 in total turnovers

I think it'll be hard to determine the difference between these two predictions:

RG3: 3,300 yards 22 TDs 10 INTs 350 rushing yards 3 TDs
RG3: 3,700 yards 19 TDs 11 INTs 400 rushing yards 3 TDs

Who would win if RG3 was actually

RG3: 3,500 yards 21 TDs 10 INTs 375 rushing yards 3 TDs

Maybe I'm typing this because I recently filled in my self input at work. We stress easily measurable goals. Just saying, "Deliver my work products faster" is ambiguous.

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The tie breaker should be guessing the total number of times that mac says the words "Harvard", "Steelers", "cheap" or "prime time" during the season.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think a good way to separate is picking division winners and wild card teams. Get a point for each winner picked if tie then goes to Total points scored by the Browns. Closest won wins. last year we scored like 280 without looking up.

I am picking 8 wins anyway lol

record 8-8
points scored 380

AFCN Bengals
AFCE Dolphins
AFCW Chiefs
AFCS Colts

WildCard Pats and Steelers

NFCN Packers
NFCE Redskins
NFCW Seahawks
NFCS Bucs

NFC Wildcard Cards and Panthers

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Season Prediction Thread Preview

Link Copied to Clipboard