Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
So I'm going to the opener... having trouble deciding if I want to just buy the cheapest ticket or if there are certain sections of the stadium I should avoid. Anyone have advice on sections whose viewing angles significantly degrade the viewing experience? Thanks.

H
1st String
1st String
H
Post a couple options and we can tell u the better.
I hate the endzones. Between the 30's are the best

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
Anyone have advice on sections whose viewing angles significantly degrade the viewing experience?

Any seat where you can see the Browns actually playing on the field ...

Legend
Legend
If you like our defense, try to get seats near the goal line.

If you like our offense, try to get tickets near midfield.

smile

But seriously, I always enjoy sitting as close to midfield as possible. Not a fan of endzone seating because the depth perception is a little off.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Where ever you sit Have fun bro. Enjoy the tailgating and the game thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't know if there's a bad seat in the house. In the old Muni the seating was in such a low slope that you could set far back in a corner and players looked like ants. There were also poles/posts that disrupted your view from many seats.

In First Energy Stadium the seating is sloped higher so even if you're far back your view is closer to the field and looking down.

I've never done it but I always wanted to try upper deck, close to the front rail on the 50 yd line. I can't imagine being able to get those seats.

I sat in the Dawg Pound for a preseason game. With binoculars you could see right into the face masks. They really help you focus on individual players.

#gmstrong
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
So I'm going to the opener... having trouble deciding if I want to just buy the cheapest ticket or if there are certain sections of the stadium I should avoid. Anyone have advice on sections whose viewing angles significantly degrade the viewing experience? Thanks.

I'm in 534 row 12(right on the 50) and love the seats. Perfect view of the entire field, 533 is good too.

Hope you'll be coming to join us at our tailgate! I'll be posting the normal tailgate invite thread next week.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted By: columbusdawg

I'm in 534 row 12(right on the 50) and love the seats. Perfect view of the entire field, 533 is good too.

Hope you'll be coming to join us at our tailgate! I'll be posting the normal tailgate invite thread next week.

Argh I just bought my ticket! I got a pricing value I couldn't pass up (I'm that type of person... I'll buy the thing that's the best value whether or not it's what I want.) I got:

Lower Level Prime 134
Row 5 | Seat

for $130 plus fees. More than I was planning on paying, but I am taking the rapid and staying at my father-in-law's house (no car or hotel costs, had airline credits), so I figured I'd splurge a little.

I DEFINITELY want to come down to the tailgate. What time do you guys usually get going down there?

C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C

Argh I just bought my ticket! I got a pricing value I couldn't pass up (I'm that type of person... I'll buy the thing that's the best value whether or not it's what I want.) I got:

Lower Level Prime 134
Row 5 | Seat

for $130 plus fees. More than I was planning on paying, but I am taking the rapid and staying at my father-in-law's house (no car or hotel costs, had airline credits), so I figured I'd splurge a little.

I DEFINITELY want to come down to the tailgate. What time do you guys usually get going down there?

Those aren't nice seats - you'll be really close to the Brown's bench. As far as watching the game, that close sometimes is difficult - I've sat in similar seats at Pittsburgh (my buddies take me along as the token whipping boy in a sea of Steeler fans). They are great for seeing the size and speed of these guys though.

As far as the tailgate goes, the Columbus contingent gets there around 8:30 or 9. The Cleveland guys get there around 7 or 7:30. We are in the Burke Lakefront lot now instead of the yellow lot behind the stadium as we lost are passes due to the reconstruction of the lakefront (which hasn't touched our old parking area yet, ugh).

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

Lower Level Prime 134
Row 5 | Seat

Those aren't nice seats - you'll be really close to the Brown's bench. As far as watching the game, that close sometimes is difficult - I've sat in similar seats at Pittsburgh (my buddies take me along as the token whipping boy in a sea of Steeler fans). They are great for seeing the size and speed of these guys though.

As far as the tailgate goes, the Columbus contingent gets there around 8:30 or 9. The Cleveland guys get there around 7 or 7:30. We are in the Burke Lakefront lot now instead of the yellow lot behind the stadium as we lost are passes due to the reconstruction of the lakefront (which hasn't touched our old parking area yet, ugh).

Yeah, that's what I was worried about frown

I'm sure I'll still have a good time though. I guess if I wanted to see the whole thing I could watch it on my TV at home, lol.

Thanks for the info on the tailgaiting. I'll be sure to come by and see you guys.

Legend
Legend
I actually sat in row 3 in that section. It's a fantastic experience being that close. You'll love it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Lower Level Prime 134
Row 5 | Seat

As I live far away my rationale for buying tickets has always been...if I am traveling this far I want to sit in a good seat. If that means paying a bit more...I do it. Last year I didn't make it back to Cleveland but, I did manage to get down to San Diego and up to Seattle. Seattle were significantly more expensive than San Diego. We were 100 level at both games but, on the 45 yard line in SD for much less than what 10 yard line in Seattle cost. I guess that is the cost of success.

PS: I def recommend hitting up columbusdawg's tailgate. We made it there a couple years ago and it is....LEGENDARY. Hospitality second to none. Make sure to say hello to Lurker too...he is a top dude! smile

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Going to Opener - Need Ticket Advice

Link Copied to Clipboard