Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Practice Squad
OP Offline
Practice Squad

Last edited by Browns_D02; 01/20/17 07:51 AM.
I
IVS Offline
Rookie
Rookie
I
Just take Myles Garrett 1st overall. There is no QB worth the #1 pick this year. And Myles Garrett is a generational talent.

P
Legend
Legend
P
If Trubisky is good enough to go #2 to the Niners then why isn't he good enough to take at #1?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
If Trubisky is good enough to go #2 to the Niners then why isn't he good enough to take at #1?

I wouldn't take any of these QBs over guys like Garrett or Allen. Hell I wouldn't take any player in this draft over those two..

Just because a team wants a QB at #2, doesn't mean he's "good enough" to go there..

QBs are always over drafted.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Because he'll be the top player on their board after Garrett is taken #1 but he will not be the top player on the Browns board.

------------------------------
*In Baker we trust*
-------------------------------
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: DIEHARD

Because he'll be the top player on their board after Garrett is taken #1 but he will not be the top player on the Browns board.

Maybe he will maybe he won't but 1 thing for sure WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB LIKE NOW!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: ThatGuy

I wouldn't take any of these QBs over guys like Garrett or Allen. Hell I wouldn't take any player in this draft over those two..

Just because a team wants a QB at #2, doesn't mean he's "good enough" to go there..

Quarterbacks are always over drafted for a Reason!
I think everybody on this board wants to win the draft and continue to finish last in the division every year.

I'd rather have a bad draft, a terrible draft, if it makes the team win continually and make the playoffs continually.

I just hope Browns fans don't think it's better to have an extra 1st round pick than a division title banner to hang in the stadium.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
None of what you just said actually means anything.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

I think everybody on this board wants to win the draft and continue to finish last in the division every year.

I'd rather have a bad draft, a terrible draft, if it makes the team win continually and make the playoffs continually.

I just hope Browns fans don't think it's better to have an extra 1st round pick than a division title banner to hang in the stadium.

please explain how a terrible draft can help a team win continually and make the playoffs continually???? I'm confused.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: sk8termom
Originally Posted By: THROW LONG

please explain how a terrible draft can help a team win continually and make the playoffs continually???? I'm confused.

Not sure I'm right but I'll take a shot.. I think what he's saying is that drafts often get bad grades if you don't take the players the pundits think you should have taken... so I don't think he's talking about a bad draft as in taking bad players, I think he means getting a bad draft grade from "the experts"...

For example, the Browns got ripped last year for not taking a QB.. but if Ogbah, Nassib, and a couple others turn out to be good... and we use the picks we got to pick up another group of good players this year, and we are "suddenly" very good in a year or two... all of those drafts will have turned out to be good drafts.

yebat' Putin
T
Legend
Legend
T
Every year players emerge to be good who weren't listed at the top of the pre draft lists.

Guys llike Luc Kuechly in Carolina, Clay Mathews jr for Green bay, (was a 4th rd grade pre draft)

and Vontaze Burfict.

And besides that.

The Browns have shown they can take a guy , everyone would want, and sort of anti-develop the player instead of teaching and improving his skills. Trent Richardson, Jabal Sheard, Kamerion Wimbley, Mingo, ? .
Partly may be, the Browns don't know how they want to use the player.
Partly may be the Browns want folks to step into leadership roles when they should be taking on role player roles while the Browns let the leadership guys go to other NFL teams.

If they could have some unremarkably boring Aprils and start actually plugging guys into defined roles, "role player" keep the ones who are working out, actualy develop skills, keep the same system in place, and maybe in a little while these "not so spectacular" April guys, would actually turn out to be the " best players available" September guys.
And they could compete/ win consistently.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted By: IVS
Just take Myles Garrett 1st overall. There is no QB worth the #1 pick this year. And Myles Garrett is a generational talent.

Myles Garrett could be a generational bust just as easy as any quarterback.

and what does any idea of " worth the #1 pick " mean anything, anyway.

Fine! NO player is "worth the #1 overall pick" , therefore the Cleveland Browns should just forfeit the pick and not pick until they are next on the clock!

That's illogical!

S
1st String
1st String
S
Wow talk about getting off topic with the replies bickering back and forth on Garrett vs. a QB.

It was an interesting read on a qb that if that would happen today , there would be such an out cry, gm would be fired and probably the coach too.

Legend
Legend
Did you just say Clay Matthews Jr had a 4th round draft grade?

Are you sure you're not talking about Casey Matthews?

C
Legend
Legend
C
Did you just say Clay Matthews Jr had a 4th round draft grade?

Are you sure you're not talking about Casey Matthews?

At this point in the process Clay Matthews was not ranked very highly by the public.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Browns drafted a QB No. 1 overall...he never played a down in Cleveland

Link Copied to Clipboard