Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I doubt it goes beyond 2 firsts and 2 seconds.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I want Garrett. To trade down, I take 1st and 2nd this year, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd next season, and a 1st and 3rd the following year.

Now we're talking. Lol

I want Garrett too.

But would we be wise to take a package a little less than that (lol) and end up with Barnett?

How close is Barnett to Garrett?

What about Allen to Thomas?

Man I want to speak to Williams. Hehehe

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
Somebody better be backing up a dump truck full of picks to make me pass on Garrett, but if it was down to #6, I would be targeting Hooker. If we missed out on him, then Solomon Thomas.

If the Browns were willing to trade down.. "realistically" what could the Browns expect to get in return?

I realize that question is difficult to answer because of who the trading partner is and how far down the draft board they are.

If the Browns could trade down just a few places to say 3 or 4...they could (hopefully)still land one of the top defensive players..Jonathan Allen or Solomon Thomas...

Then the Browns could turn around and use some of what they gain in trading down to secure the trade with the Patriots for Garopplol...and still keep all or most of our 2017 picks.

...just a hypothetical but it might be a possibility.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
I could see us trading down but hopefully not past #6 where we could still take Trubisky or Hooker if they wanted to stay with Defense ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
If this team even thinks about trading down in this draft...that's it for me.

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

The great QB guru and the Moneyball group: 1-15
Record of Criminal Haslam owned Browns: 20-60 (0.250)
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: waterdawg
I would try to trade UP from 12

Thank you!

Congratulations to our 2016 NBA Champion CLEVELAND CAVALIERS!!! Greatest comeback in sports history... Hail to the King!

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
It would be stupid not to take Garrett. wink

This team passes on impact players all the time. There is a true impact player at the second most important position on the field, and people wanna trade down? Sorry, that is stupid.

I agree. I wish the draft was before you had to commit to your season tickets. If we didn't take Garrett, I'd dump mine. That would be like the Buccaneers not taking LeRoy Selmon.

I know most of you don't know LeRoy Selmon as you are too young, but LeRoy was a stud.

Every now and then you can't overthink things. This is one of those times. Just take Myles.....please, just take Myles.

If I was you, I'd dump them and do a wait and see. Then If this FO get's their head out of their behinds, pick them back up next year and it's not like you won't get them back. Wait and see if this team doesn't trade down and if they make some effort and spend some $$ in FA.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If I were to consider a trade down, here are my thoughts.

1, I have 5 top guys on my board. In no particular order, they are:
Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Solomon Thomas

So I am not trading down so far that I am not guaranteed to get one of them.
So that means I wouldn't trade down past #5 unless I could get a guarantee from the Jets that they were selecting a Qb.

2, I must have a 1st round pick in next year's draft as part of the deal

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
If I were to consider a trade down, here are my thoughts.

1, I have 5 top guys on my board. In no particular order, they are:
Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
Jamal Adams
Malik Hooker
Solomon Thomas

So I am not trading down so far that I am not guaranteed to get one of them.
So that means I wouldn't trade down past #5 unless I could get a guarantee from the Jets that they were selecting a Qb.

2, I must have a 1st round pick in next year's draft as part of the deal

Right, that's why earlier in the thread someone proposed getting the Titans on the phone. If they offered up their first three picks, it might be something to mull over (they have 5, 18 and 69 because we already have their #50).

That haul would guarantee one of those players you listed. And if we could get their 18th and 69th this year plus maybe a 3rd next year, that would give us 5, 12, 18, 33, 50, 65 and 69. That's 10% of the top 70 selections with a top 5 to boot.

It's a pipe dream because the Titans wouldn't offer that much, I don't think so at least.

Just think...

Hooker or Adams at 5
Tabor or Foster or Kizer at 12
Davis or Charlton at 18

I'd still probably want Garrett and Tabor, but getting one more would be nice (along with 69 and something next year).

[Linked Image]

“...Iguodala to Curry, back to Iguodala, up for the layup! Oh! Blocked by James! LeBron James with the rejection!”
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I could see us trading down but hopefully not past #6 where we could still take Trubisky or Hooker if they wanted to stay with Defense ...

A high 3rd is too much for Jimmy G because he is unproven but the #6 pick in the first round is good for Trubisky.. He looks like a QB but is unproven in college, let alone the NFL. Yuge gamble imho.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Garrett and Tabor would give us 2 top 10 prospects, if 2 QBs are drafted in the top 11.

That might also mean that pick 12 could net us some extra picks, by trading down (still in the top 20), but that would be dependent on who is left on our board at 12.

Like you I would be happy with the pair with our 2 1st round selections.

[Linked Image]

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: CapCity Dawg

A high 3rd is too much for Jimmy G because he is unproven but the #6 pick in the first round is good for Trubisky.. He looks like a QB but is unproven in college, let alone the NFL. Yuge gamble imho.

Because Trubisky is so experienced right? He has FAR less college experience and NO NFL experience but Jimmy G. is the one only worth a third because of lack of experience?!!! C'mon man!

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Really Razor, last year all I heard on this board was Wentz, Wentz, Wentz and how much experience did he have and he played In a lower Division not the ACC, and now he is starting in Philly!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

Because Trubisky is so experienced right? He has FAR less college experience and NO NFL experience but Jimmy G. is the one only worth a third because of lack of experience?!!! C'mon man!

Maybe you didn't catch the vibe of my post. I am 100% in agreement with you. The poster I quoted is the one who said Jimmy was not worth a high 3rd (in the Jimmy thread) because he is unproven, but then suggests Trub at #6, Trub isn't even proven at the college level.

I may have been the first one to bring up going after Jimmy G, during the season.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 01/28/17 02:23 PM.

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I may have been the first one to bring up going after Jimmy G, during the season.

Maybe not the first, but it was on October 10th:

link

I have been on the Jimmy G train from the start.

Last edited by CapCity Dawg; 01/28/17 02:22 PM.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'll chime in here.

I'm actually on board for trading down a couple of spots if it means picking up an extra 2nd rounder or something. (I'm not positive of the values of picks currently). There is a lot of talent in this draft, and in my opinion we have a lot of needs. Let's say the Jets want to move up to #1 and swap picks with us. If we can grab their 2nd & 3rd rounder in return, then maybe a mid-round pick next year, I'm taking that trade in a heart beat. If we can get a 1st rounder from them next year too, do it. As I said, I'm not positive what the picks are worth these days.

#6 - Derek Barnett DE/Tennessee (from Jets).
#12 - Malik Hooker FS/Ohio State
#33 - Antonio Garcia RT/Troy
#39 - Sydney Jones CB/Washington (from Jets).
#52 - Pat Elflein C/Ohio State
#65 - Dee Dee Westbrook WR/Oklahoma
#70 - Ryan Anderson DE/OLB/Alabama (from Jets).
#97 - Jake Butt TE/Michigan

Not sure how realistic this is, but in this scenario we get a lot better in a hurry.

The Jets have been known to be over aggressive, especially chasing QB's, so if they fall in love with one of them, you never know guys, they maybe willing to give up a bunch of picks to move up and get their guy.

If we could have a draft like this (or similar) I would happy, and OKAY with rolling with Kessler again next year.

"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns

Maybe you didn't catch the vibe of my post. I am 100% in agreement with you. The poster I quoted is the one who said Jimmy was not worth a high 3rd (in the Jimmy thread) because he is unproven, but then suggests Trub at #6, Trub isn't even proven at the college level.

np

Last edited by Razorthorns; 01/28/17 09:03 PM.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R

Maybe not the first, but it was on October 10th:

link

I have been on the Jimmy G train from the start.

rock on man I have wanted Jimmy G. since before he was drafted. I had him as my top rated QB in that draft and carr as my second pick. I felt carr would do great if he landed in a place with a good offensive line. I still think that way. I would have been far more happy drafting either of these two instead of having a dumb owner pick manziel

V
Legend
Legend
V
Razor is not making that up. I clearly remember him pimping Jimmy G more than anyone on this board.

Not a doubt about it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The big question in my mind is.. Does analytics say that that you trade down and acquire picks at any given draft position or does taking the highest rated player at that draft position carry more weight?

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Here is the problem with trading down... if you do it endlessly, you will never gain enough quality players to build a franchise around.

Julio Jones is the best example, but their are others.

The Browns drafter a boatload last year, and they will have another boatload this year. At some point in time, you have to stop turning over the bottom of the roster and build a team with the players you have.

I am not complaining about the move last year, it was the right thing to do, given the loss of established players, and the front office probably regrets losing the players that they did. But that was then, and this is now, so more draft picks does not necessarily equate to a better team.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Who is Jimmy G?

V
Legend
Legend
V

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who is Jimmy G?
Give it up, cfrs. You know you can't change someone's nickname.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Who is Jimmy G?
Give it up, cfrs. You know you can't change someone's nickname.

Is that someone's nickname?

(I will never give up.)

V
Legend
Legend
V
There was a man named Jimmy G!
Lord, we pray the Pats set him free.
And we can all agree
To shout out in glee
The day we sign Jimmy G!

Legend
Legend
Is there any way we can Photoshop a video of Garrett smoking a bong, so that he might drop to #12? Other than that, there's no scenario where I'd want to trade down.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Moving Down from #1 Scenarios.

Link Copied to Clipboard