Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
http://www.kfyrtv.com/content/news/Sanit...-412954433.html

Sanitation crews are working hard to dispose of six months' worth of garbage from a community the size of Wahpeton or Valley City. The mountains of debris need to be moved before the spring thaw occurs.

Making a dent in the immense amount of trash being hauled out of the Oceti Sakowin protest camp is being hindered by the weather. All the garbage that was left behind is now frozen into massive chunks of junk.

In a month, all this trash could become toxic.

"Standing Rock Environmental Protection Agency and Dakota Sanitation are working together to try and advert an environmental tragedy," says Tom Doering, Morton County Emergency Manager.

It's estimated it will take 250 trucks filled with litter to clear the camp.

"There's a lot of work to be done," says Doering.

Each load that's dumped is inspected by the Morton County Sheriff's Department.

It's great the envirocrats were there to save us!!

[Linked Image from s2.excoboard.com]
Legend
Legend
rofl

So typical of the clueless with an agenda.

Legend
Legend
No word yet when the Dakota Access LTD is going to restore all the sacred native burial grounds they plowed up building the pipeline?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
No word yet when the Dakota Access LTD is going to restore all the sacred native burial grounds they plowed up building the pipeline?

That's where they are taking the garbage.

All kidding aside, the construction companies have moved from 91 suspected burial sites, and the Sioux tribes refused to give testimony on the final 9 suspected sites. They have found no proof of any burials on those lands, because they don't exist. Your argument is yet another myth put forth by the left.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You know, let's not trust and listen to a group we committed genocide against. Let's just continue to run roughshod over a group we systemically oppressed, and continue to encroach upon the useless plots of lands we gave them.

#AmericaFirst

(All oppressed minorities? Apparently they remain last in America first.)

Legend
Legend
Let us not trust those who tell us alt-Left sources of energy supply, like windmills and solar farms are good for the environment and having all the Media to back them up while we have to dig and dig to find the number of Eagles and other threatened species that are decimated by these contraptions.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
You know, let's not trust and listen to a group we committed genocide against. Let's just continue to run roughshod over a group we systemically oppressed, and continue to encroach upon the useless plots of lands we gave them.

#AmericaFirst

(All oppressed minorities? Apparently they remain last in America first.)

I guess then we should believe everything the Jews have said about their slavery in Egypt and how they were forced from Israel. They were obviously there first. If we also go by that logic, the oldest discovered artifacts in the Americas has been determined to be of European origin. I guess the land belongs to those of European origin.

They have not dug up one body, and the Sioux refused to testify on those 9 suspected sites. When you add to that the fact that the Sioux were migratory before the US was founded, I question those burial sites too.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I really love the alternative facts Republicans have for everything. Oldest artifacts in America belonging to Europeans? Haha I'd love to see the scientist discover his rock/artifact and determine that it was European.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I really love the alternative facts Republicans have for everything. Oldest artifacts in America belonging to Europeans? Haha I'd love to see the scientist discover his rock/artifact and determine that it was European.

More alt-Left Fake news!

Truth...

The research, detailed in this week's issue of the journal Nature, also suggests that many contemporary Native Americans are direct descendants of the so-called Clovis people.

While most archaeologists think that the Clovis people were descended from Asians, an alternative theory suggests that the Clovis ancestors emigrated from southwestern Europe during the Last Glacial Maximum more than 15,000 years ago.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/...irst-americans/

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
A lot of scientists believe in flat earth too... As long someone voices an opposite thought, we're suppose to stop thinking for ourselves.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
You're using religious dogma to justify arguments to oppress indigenous people.

Legend
Legend
More alt-Left Fake News!

Nation Geographic, my source for the post, says the earth is not flat!!!

A man had a son who was born without a body, only a head.
When the son turned 21, the father took him to a bar for his first beer.
Upon pouring the first beer into his sons head, the head shook violently and suddenly an arm appeared!
The father was amazed and yelled, quick, barkeep, another beer!
After drinking the second beer, POP, another arm appeared!
MORE BEER the father yelled!
Next a body, followed by a leg, followed by another leg!
The lad was now complete.
The father then requested one more beer to be sure and when the son drank that last beer, he began to shake and suddenly exploded all over the establishment.

The Moral of the story, dear CHS, is to quit while you're ahead.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ca-7447152.html

New archaeological evidence suggests that America was first discovered by Stone Age people from Europe – 10,000 years before the Siberian-originating ancestors of the American Indians set foot in the New World.

A remarkable series of several dozen European-style stone tools, dating back between 19,000 and 26,000 years, have been discovered at six locations along the US east coast. Three of the sites are on the Delmarva Peninsular in Maryland, discovered by archaeologist Dr Darrin Lowery of the University of Delaware. One is in Pennsylvania and another in Virginia. A sixth was discovered by scallop-dredging fishermen on the seabed 60 miles from the Virginian coast on what, in prehistoric times, would have been dry land.

The new discoveries are among the most important archaeological breakthroughs for several decades - and are set to add substantially to our understanding of humanity's spread around the globe.

The similarity between other later east coast US and European Stone Age stone tool technologies has been noted before. But all the US European-style tools, unearthed before the discovery or dating of the recently found or dated US east coast sites, were from around 15,000 years ago - long after Stone Age Europeans (the Solutrean cultures of France and Iberia) had ceased making such artefacts. Most archaeologists had therefore rejected any possibility of a connection. But the newly-discovered and recently-dated early Maryland and other US east coast Stone Age tools are from between 26,000 and 19,000 years ago - and are therefore contemporary with the virtually identical western European material.
===========================================================
I guess the planet just got a bit rounder, huh?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: RocketOptimist
You're using religious dogma to justify arguments to oppress indigenous people.

What religion did I use? As I said, the Sioux refused to testify on the remaining 9 suspected sites. Their case was thrown out legally. If they would have provided proof of that land being burial sites, the pipeline would have been rerouted.

Legend
Legend
I just want to put this out there for everybody to know. If somebody wants to build a pipeline under my casket, and by doing so you save folks money then HELL YES DO IT. How freaking ignorant would it be of me to worry abut my rotted carcass instead of living families? WTF is wrong with some people notallthere

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I just want to put this out there for everybody to know. If somebody wants to build a pipeline under my casket, and by doing so you save folks money then HELL YES DO IT. How freaking ignorant would it be of me to worry abut my rotted carcass instead of living families? WTF is wrong with some people notallthere

You just stay alive there fella and we will put that pipeline in your butt for enough gas to heat the Northeast for years to come!

Legend
Legend
If it helps one single person out then I am all for it thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
If it helps one single person out then I am all for it thumbsup

We are talking millions of people here! Your reputation as a producer is well known. brownie

Legend
Legend
My rep is also overblown. I just want to help folks. Be it, 1, 10, 100, or 1,000

Legend
Legend
You have achieved that many times on these threads. thumbsup

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
It's not as though they were there trying to do something positive for the country. You know, like the oil companies that are trying to make our country great again.
https://www.desmogblog.com/2017/02/09/dakota-access-pipeline-approved-enbridge-spill-texas

Dakota Access Pipeline Approved a Week After Co-Owner's Pipeline Spilled 600,000 Gallons of Oil in Texas
Steve Horn | February 9, 2017

Oil spill in Blue Ridge, Texas
On January 30, 600,000 gallons (14,285 barrels) of oil spewed out of Enbridge's Seaway Pipeline in Blue Ridge, Texas, the second spill since the pipeline opened for business in mid-2016.

Seaway is half owned by Enbridge and serves as the final leg of a pipeline system DeSmog has called the “Keystone XL Clone,” which carries mostly tar sands extracted from Alberta, Canada, across the U.S. at a rate of 400,000 barrels per day down to the Gulf of Mexico. Enbridge is an equity co-owner of the Dakota Access pipeline, which received its final permit needed from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on February 7 to construct the pipeline across the Missouri River and construction has resumed.

The alignment of Native American tribes, environmentalists, and others involved in the fight against Dakota Access have called themselves “water protectors,” rather than “activists,” out of concern that a pipeline spill could contaminate their drinking water source, the Missouri River.

“Just Spewing”

Brittany Clayton, who works at a nearby gas station in Blue Ridge, which is 50 miles from Dallas, Texas, was close to the scene of the spill when it occurred.

“You could just smell this oil smell. A customer walks in and says ‘nobody smoke.' You could see it just spewing,” Clayton told KDFW-TV, the local Fox News affiliate in the area. “It was just super huge. It was like a big cloud. The fire marshal said, 'This is like a danger zone. You guys have to evacuate immediately.' I was totally freaked out. I kept texting the boss man.”

Enbridge and co-owner Enterprise Products Partners said in press release that the spill had been contained and it resumed service on February 5.

“The incident … resulted in no fire or injuries and the pipeline has been shut down and isolated,” the companies said. “Seaway has mobilized personnel and equipment to the site and is working closely with emergency responders, law enforcement and regulatory authorities to conduct clean-up operations and develop a plan to resume operations as quickly and safely as possible.”

Government Reaction

According to KDFW, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) intend to do water and environmental testing in the coming days. TxDOT also told the local National Public Radio affiliate, KETR-FM, that it would take “several weeks” to complete a full cleanup.

“It remains too early in the investigation to know where final blame lies for the accident,” wrote KETR, also noting that “it is also too early to tell how much the cleanup and loss of product will cost.”

TxDOT referred DeSmog to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for details on the spill, cleanup, and related issues. We have reached out to TCEQ and will update the article as details come in and have also filed open records requests to learn more about the spill.

Chris Havey, Lieutenant Sheriff for the Collin County Sheriff's Office, confirmed with DeSmog that a spill investigation is ongoing under the umbrella of the EPA and the Texas Railroad Commission, which is the state's oil and gas regulatory agency.

“The Sheriff's office is not conducting any parallel investigation,” said Havey. “As to whether or not the line has been shut off/capped, it's my understanding that within an hour after the line ruptured it was successfully shut off.”

Neither the EPA Region 6 Office nor the Texas Railroad Commission responded to a request for comment. EPA, though, has been ordered not to speak to media by President Donald Trump's White House until the agency has a new administrator, likely nominee Scott Pruitt, and senior-level staff in place.

As momentum and tensions alike mount surrounding oil and gas pipeline projects around the country, this oil spill is a reminder of the risks and consequences that come with them.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
the construction companies have moved from 91 suspected burial sites

The construction companies plowed up some sites before archaeologists could make final assessments. How convenient.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
A
Legend
Legend
A
Probably wouldn't be too difficult to find out if they were burial sites, would it? I don't know, maybe they hauled all the dirt away. I guess that's a possibility.

I know the last time I buried a cat in the back yard I accidentally dug too close to the last cat I had buried. So anything is possible I guess.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted By: PerfectSpiral
Originally Posted By: ErikInHell
the construction companies have moved from 91 suspected burial sites

The construction companies plowed up some sites before archaeologists could make final assessments. How convenient.

Could this be the natural consequence of refusing to participate in the process over several years designed to bring to light and address any objections and have input considered? It's not like this is a new issue and I have yet to see anything that says they were locked out of the talks.

"Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. But I've just experienced some very unreasonable things."
-Jack Burton

-It looks like the Harvard Boys know what they are doing after all.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Good thing the environmentalists were there to save the water supply

Link Copied to Clipboard