Next Thread
Print Thread
#1231802 02/10/17 03:22 PM
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
I was looking at FA and saw Fairly will be available...He played with Gregg Williams for the rams...but just had a monster year for the saints...had a one year deal for 3 mill...turned out 30 tackles and 6.5 sacks...I know after he left Detroit both the rams and saints inked him to one year deals (motivation factors...as that's his weakness) I know the saints are wanting to keep him...anyone know if and how he'll fit our system if he walks in FA...I wouldn't throw a long contract at him...but maybe another 1 or 2 year deal...then again who knows

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He just turned 29 so he has a ways to go yet. Interesting...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
My guess is he doesn't hit the open market. The Saints have $28 million in cap space and the only other important free agent they have is Jahri Evans, who is 33.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-orleans-saints/

Side note: Is Paul Kruger really only 30? Guy looks like he's 45.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
I'd consider him. We'd have really good depth. If he'd go for another 1 year deal we could get a comp pick when he leaves rofl

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: clevesteve
My guess is he doesn't hit the open market. The Saints have $28 million in cap space and the only other important free agent they have is Jahri Evans, who is 33.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/new-orleans-saints/

Side note: Is Paul Kruger really only 30? Guy looks like he's 45.

Yeah your probably right...I read somewhere the saints say he's a priority for them to resign...I know his issue has never been talent or skill set as he's set in that department...more or less motor and effort, which is often an issue with the big guys. Was just thinking Miles Garrett, Fairley, Shelton, Ogbah...would make a very good front four...

I thought Kruger plays like an old man...was very stiff here and Lord was he horrible to watch in coverage...wasn't it back injuries? Heven seemed agile for his size in Baltimore...then looked alot bigger and slower for us...

T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted By: predator16
I'd consider him. We'd have really good depth. If he'd go for another 1 year deal we could get a comp pick when he leaves rofl
haha so he's in our cross hairs then

Legend
Legend
I have to disagree with you about Kruger. he set the edge, quite possibly, better than any other player we have had on the team since 1999. He was effective playing at all levels of the defense, from rushing the passer, to playing the run, to covering short zones in the passing game.

A lot of people look at his sack numbers, and assume that he really fell off, because he went from 11 sacks in 2014 to just 2.5 in 2015. However, he was used very differently in those 2 seasons. I don't think that O'Neill was effective in using his OLB at all. I think that he had them in confused roles, and never really used their strengths to their best advantage. It's a big part of the reason why we let Sheard go.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
T
Kruger had his moments...and yeah O'Neil was terrible...I remember Kruger last year he was here...he would normally be crashing in and they had him in coverage instead, and he was always late on every play when they played him...mind you still alot better than Mingo whom was always lost. I think he (Kruger) had an injury that year...because it made him increasingly stiff...he was always one of our top LBs even by default

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Nick Fairly in FA...

Link Copied to Clipboard