Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
As many of you know I have spent many years abroad so I have a love for many of the cultures in the world. Well, I also have a love of music from all over the world. In China they have a massive music competition for singers and this year a truly marvelous singer has emerged and taking the Asian world by storm for both his beautiful voice and for having the vocal range of an entire piano including into the ultrasonic range. In other words he can sing at frequencies humans can't even hear.

Anyways, I thought I would share some of the YouTubes out there of him and let you guy enjoy it or hate as you wish. I love him though =) FAIR WARNING: Most songs are not in English and don't have Subs.

The show is called, "I am a singer!"

Those two video started me on the road.Even though I have no idea what the words mean I can love the quality of the human voice being used as an instrument. Here are a few more:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRb86RvBPUM&list=PL8CBC11E9B26D96C0&index=18

Out side of the competition he has done some nice shows with his lower voice and here is my favorite so far.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I hope some can enjoy this guy, as much as, I do =)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
One from his younger days while he was still developing his voice

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Oooooh, cool. I see a lot of Freddie Mercury in his showmanship, and he's got phenomenal vocal range.

I hope he starts a rock band.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
quote above by Razor:

"... he can sing at frequencies humans can't even hear."

lol (only if I really did)

I can think of at least a half dozen jokes off the top of my head.

"How do you know?"
"He needs more songs in that range."
"So that's why my dog pees when Dimash is on."
"I can hear aliens overhead in their space ships too."
"My fillings hurt."
"I can pick Dimash up on the plate in my head."

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg

"How do you know?"
"My fillings hurt."

rofl

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Europe also has a massive singing competition called "Eurovision". Hugely popular on the continent and usually watched for a laugh in the UK. You used to have to sing in your own language but, then they allowed them to sing in English. Now, maybe back to their own language?

Abba actually won Eurovision for Sweden in 1974 with "Waterloo". Celine Dion also won in 1988 representing Switzerland. Not entirely sure how that worked as she was born in Quebec but....whatever.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I remember when this went viral. It's like GWAR but PG.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: rockyhilldawg
quote above by Razor:

"... he can sing at frequencies humans can't even hear."

lol (only if I really did)

I can think of at least a half dozen jokes off the top of my head.

"How do you know?"
"My fillings hurt."

They had a video showing him being tested on it but it got taken down. The second video shows him hitting a G7# quite powerfully so he can easily go a bit higher. For those who don't know that is the last octave of your piano all the way to the right. There are just a handful of people in the entire world that can hit those notes much less men that can hit them.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
What do you guys think of the quality of his singing though? I know first time I watched him my jaw just dropped at what he was able to do and that doesn't happen to me very often about anything.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
It's phenomenal raw talent, but I wonder if he can pull off the kind of act that Freddie Mercury (arguably the greatest voice in Rock N Roll) could do.

Legend
Legend
Just a general comment.

but i've seen some of these videos, as well as those J pop artist....man they can sing really well, and would be international stars in english

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Here is a good video showing his range

Shows a g7# which causes a whistle due to the difficulty in hearing it at the very end.

Let me put it this way, the best sopranos in the world vie just to hit an a6 which is 11 piano keys lower than a g#7 which is three key from the end of a piano. When humans sing that high all you hear is a whistle sound. He is hitting almost a FULL octave above the best female singers of the world. It's flat out insane. Whats outrageous is that he can go down to the lowest notes too.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Freddy was a really good singer too but I think his highest note was a F6 which is still very incredible. I think his best voice was as a baritone though.

Legend
Legend
In the heavy metal music world Rob Halford (Judas Priest) and King Diamond also have high falsettos when need be.

Legend
Legend
Kid's got a set of pipes, that's for sure.

I know I'm supposed to be impressed with his soprano range, and I am, but he sings with real expression and control in his regular register, as well.

Thanks. This was fun.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20
In the heavy metal music world Rob Halford (Judas Priest) and King Diamond also have high falsettos when need be.

Priest. Serious falsetto. "Sad Wings of Destiny" was always my favorite of theirs. But, I saw them on both their "British Steel" and "Screaming For Vengeance" tours. Saxon opened for them one year and Accept opened for them another year. A very good friend of mine is good buddies with KK Downing of Priest and Dave Murray of Maiden. He also plays football/soccer with Steve Harris (Maiden) and one of the Sex Pistols...can't remember who either Steve Jones or Paul Cook.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Your boy has an astounding voice.
Not to hijack, but here's another one.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GZeWIN9104I

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I think I would rather listen to Rap music.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PDXBrownsFan
Originally Posted By: 3rd_and_20

Priest. Serious falsetto. "Sad Wings of Destiny" was always my favorite of theirs. But, I saw them on both their "British Steel" and "Screaming For Vengeance" tours. Saxon opened for them one year and Accept opened for them another year. A very good friend of mine is good buddies with KK Downing of Priest and Dave Murray of Maiden. He also plays football/soccer with Steve Harris (Maiden) and one of the Sex Pistols...can't remember who either Steve Jones or Paul Cook.

Yes, I saw Priest twice, but that was a long time ago during my partying years so I don't remember what tours they actually were. I think Iron Maiden opened both times?

I also saw King Diamond on the Abigail tour, it was pretty good. (I'm not into his obvious Satanic imagery but I give credit where credit is due.)

Legend
Legend
In 1978, Jusas Priest headlined a show called "Heavy Metal Tuesday" at the Toledo Sports Arena. A group of snot nosed teenagers called Def Leppard opened, The Scorpions were next and Priest closed the show. It was a hot summer day and I don't think there weren't even a thousand people in attendance. Awesome show. Halford was amazing.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Dimash - Secretly the World's Greatest Singer

Link Copied to Clipboard