Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
People Are Outraged That This Brazilian Soccer Team Signed a Goalie That Had His Girlfriend Murdered
Alana Abramson
Mar 14, 2017

A Brazilian soccer club is facing controversy and loss of sponsors after signing a goalkeeper convicted of having his former girlfriend murdered.

The soccer club Boa Esporte signed a contract with Bruno Fernandes de Souza on Tuesday, the Associated Press reported.

“People run from me because of what happened in the past,” Fernandes de Souza said at a news conference.

The soccer player said he had ordered a friend to kill his former girlfriend, Eliza Samudio, and have her body fed to dogs back in 2010. He was sentenced to 22 years in prison, but last month, a judge granted him his freedom, according to the Associated Press.

Three sponsors have already withdrawn from supporting the team, The Guardian reports.

Link

Apparently she got pregnant and he didn't want to pay child support... <smdh>

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
I still don't think what Vick did was all that bad. Especially when compared to these idiots who beat their wives/girlfriends, and now apparently murder them.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well, it's soccer so, you know......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wow. crazy:

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
Originally Posted By: Swish
I still don't think what Vick did was all that bad. Especially when compared to these idiots who beat their wives/girlfriends, and now apparently murder them.

I don't think what those idiots do is all that bad,when compared to what Hitler did to Jews,gypsies and homosexuals.

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
i agree.

but within the context of athletes getting second chances, this is weird.

Last edited by Swish; 03/16/17 04:46 PM.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I think they mean " Bruno Fernandes de Mexico"

B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
I would like to know the thought process behind whomever thought that this would be a good idea.
Do people not protest in this country,or do they just not care?

Indecision may,or maynot,be my problem
Legend
Legend
let's be real here: if he starts making goals like crazy, nobody is gonna care.

that's sports.

Last edited by Swish; 03/16/17 05:35 PM.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Well, he's a goalkeeper, so they might care more.

Legend
Legend
We argue over players having various levels of violence, and whether they should be allowed to play in the NFL, or on the Browns .......
\
And this guy was convicted of having his girlfriend murdered. That's a whole different level of evil.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

yea my bad. but sure he starts blocking goals then nobody cares what he did

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Quote:
“People run from me because of what happened in the past,” Fernandes de Souza said at a news conference.

Poor guy, all he did was <in my best Norm McDonald voice> "HAVE SOMEBODY MURDERED AND FED TO THE DOGS!".

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted By: Swish
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg

yea my bad. but sure he starts blocking goals then nobody cares what he did

That's BS. Guys like you might not care, but not everyone is shallow.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
We have a President who bragged about walking into women's changing rooms unannounced. I'm not sure people can see pass their own nose these days.

Legend
Legend
uh huh.

so take your emotional period out of the equation. the fans of that team are doing what other fans of the team do when a craptastic person signs to a team: complain about what he did, claim to never support the franchise again.

then as soon as that player starts balling out, the majority of fans either make excuses for the situation, or simply don't talk about.

just like eagles fans did with Vick.

so while you're watching your lifetime movies and getting emotional calling me shallow, i'll continue posting from a realistic standpoint.

- Theodore Roosevelt
V
Legend
Legend
V
Got it...........you and your sidekick CHS are now excusing murder and making fun of me for not jumping on your hateful bandwagon.

Legend
Legend
nobody here is making an excuse. i'm not sure what you're reading.

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Just because I stand to Swish's left, doesn't mean I'm the sidekick! Also I'm not making fun of anyone?

V
Legend
Legend
V
All I know is that I would not want a murderer on my team, and rhetoric about winning games or another tired [yeah, I spelled that right] but true slam on the president isn't going to change my mind.

Hell, I ripped the Browns for bringing in Art Briles and Gregg Williams.

I seem to remember that you felt the same way.

So please, fellas...............let's keep it real.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Quote:
I look at the money the Boys spent on the OG position and think back a year ago...the Boys were NOT willing to pay their starting RT (at least a top 5 RT) 7.5 mill per year, forcing him out...

Oh, well then,...

#gmstrong
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Rumor is he's a Killer Goalie, so i could see why they signed him.. Omg that wasn't right to say, but I couldn't help but say it, please forgive me.

The Pieces Of The Browns Puzzle Is Falling Into Place And I Cant Wait Till Its Finally Finished [Linked Image from memberfiles.freewebs.com]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum And we thought Michael Vick was bad

Link Copied to Clipboard