Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I
Canton isn't so bad and it is getting better . Mistakes have been made for years about how to go about making the Canton area better . Promising things are on the horizon with the corridor to the HOF and the HOF Village in the future . My first step would be to bulldoze the Newton Zone with police presence . Make it a very unattractive place to be for the forces that have made what was once a great neighborhood into the rats nest it has become.

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Lake Erie perch and walleye any day of the week. Big Chuck and little John Skits on fox8 Saturday night. And most importantly to be home in ohio when the browns win the Superbowl in the next 3-4 years, lol.

The Pieces Of The Browns Puzzle Is Falling Into Place And I Cant Wait Till Its Finally Finished [Linked Image from memberfiles.freewebs.com]
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I've moved twice from northeast ohio and can never stay away more then a year or so. I get so heartbroken and feel like a lost puppy.. But if i had a great paying job tben it might have helped my broken heart, lol. I use to sing I'm going back to ohio(pretenders) everyday at work in Charlotte nc. It use to tick off the other employees because they thought i was telling them that not singing it. I was doing both.. So come back to ohio because its where your heart is!

The Pieces Of The Browns Puzzle Is Falling Into Place And I Cant Wait Till Its Finally Finished [Linked Image from memberfiles.freewebs.com]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Don't be saddened. North Canton, Jackson Twp, Hartville/Uniontown area, a significant part of Plain Twp, etc are all very, very nice.
Yes they are nce neighborhoods/towns. But the metropolitan Canton area, as a whole, is a crap hole, and yes Perry Township is becoming one too. I know you have sentimental attachment , but the whole area sucks . Hence the low property costs. If it wasnt for the HOF Canton probably wouldnt even exist anymore. The jobs are all gone, even Timkens workforce is way smaller than it ever has been .

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: IRE 45
Canton isn't so bad and it is getting better . Mistakes have been made for years about how to go about making the Canton area better . Promising things are on the horizon with the corridor to the HOF and the HOF Village in the future . My first step would be to bulldoze the Newton Zone with police presence . Make it a very unattractive place to be for the forces that have made what was once a great neighborhood into the rats nest it has become.
Getting better? Where? Even what were the nicer areas of Canton are getting worse and worse and it is spreading up Tusc through Perry Twnp and spreading into Massillon

My parents have lived by the fairgounds for 25 years, that area was nice when they moved in. I rented the house next door to them and the day my one year lease was up, I took me and my kids and ran. My son is finishing his SR year at McK though

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
The cost of living is a lot lower in Atlanta and it's a much nicer city to live in.

The traffic is bad only if you don't know what you're doing. You have to know what areas to avoid at what time of day/week.

I commuted every day from the west side to the south side and back with no problems.

You can get a newer larger house for a less expensive price than in Cleveland. I was looking at houses in Cleveland and couldn't understand how they wanted so much money for really old houses. There is a lot of new construction in the suburbs here. You can get a good deal on a brand new home.
Now I considered moving down there a few years back and was told the cost of living was very good, except for in the metro ATL area. and ATL was Chicago like expensive.

E
Legend
Legend
E
If you want to live downtown, or in the gentrified areas, or in the wealthy areas then yes it will be expensive. But most of Atlanta is not that way. In general it is more expensive to live inside the 285 loop. The suburbs are generally cheaper.

No Craps Given
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cleveland and Columbus could arguably get you you the same property purchasing power. Buy where your better job is, unless you'd llke to take advantage of the 11th largest freshwater body on planet earth.

President - Fort Collins Browns Backers
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Sell me on moving back to Ohio

Link Copied to Clipboard