Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
B
Similar to the other thread, what did you get right?

Did you a player who would boom/bust that others missed?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Joe Thomas thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
unfortunately, i was right about weeden ... literally hated that pick

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Joe Thomas thumbsup

OP asked about someone you were right about that others missed. Did a lot of people think JT would bust?

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Miss read post ... Forgive me thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Off the top of my head. Odell Beckham and Arian foster would be the two that come to mind. I found Odell when he was a 4th rounder and mettenberger was being lauded. He was the best wr I'd ever seen. Arian i had as a 2nd rounder. I have lifelong bragging rights with my friends from those two.

This year I'd say Solomon Thomas and trub will not live up to the hype. McDowell, barnett and nate gerry will make probwls in their career.

D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm not always, or even often right, but I was right about Manziel. I knew he'd suck.

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
posted QB rankings in this forum last year and Dak Prescott was my highest rated QB

Last edited by edromeo; 04/22/17 05:24 PM.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: edromeo
posted QB rankings in this forum last year and Dak Prescott was my highest rated QB

I thought he was 2nd behind Boykin?

Legend
Legend
I drafted JJ Watt #3 overall as a 3-4 DE for Buffalo in our board Mock.

I said Aaron Curry was nothing special and instead we should draft Clay Matthews, even if we stayed at 5.

I called Brandon Brooks "my pro bowl lock" even though he wasn't invited to the combine.

I said Kawann Short should get drafted in the top 15 of that draft when everyone had him day 2.

Just top of my head

E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
Originally Posted By: predator16
Originally Posted By: edromeo
I thought he was 2nd behind Boykin?
You are absolutely right.

Dak was my 2nd highest rated QB, which is still much higher then anyone else had him at the time. And is one that I def count. Another I had was Russell Wilson.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Mourgym, Myself, and one other poster I forget, were the only ones on this board saying Ryan Tannehil should be pretty good in this league.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
This is a fun thread smile

I went back to look over old drafts and it's just so painful how obvious some of our picks should've been. I'm not going to count most of those players though since we picked so highly most years you can't really say any of those players were underrated, except this first one...

Ben Roethlisberger (11th overall, not exactly a slip, but I
wanted him at 6, wasn't interested in Rivers or Manning. Other than this I won't mention guys picks <#20. I just remember screaming at my TV so much my dad was actually worried about my mental state lol)

C.J. Mosley

Derek Carr (Again, several people liked him also but not enough, he was my #1)

Dre Bly

Alge Crumpler

Chris Snee (I remember quite a few Browns fans wanted him too, but not mainstream media)

Roddy White

Nick Mangold

Lamarr Woodley (maybe not a "hit" cuz only had those 3 good years really)

Clay Matthews (again, Browns fans wanted him but went 26th in draft)

Doug Martin

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: myka

It is, but also a very very sad one.

I don't post much but I lurk daily and have been around many years on this board and the last and over those years I've witnessed several posters who have consistently mocked ten times better than the various guises of FO incarnations that we've seen.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Aaron Rodgers...argued he was better than Smith.
Shawne Merriman...had 4-5 good to great seasons then injured out.
Mashawn Lynch...argued that if we took Joe Thomas over AP we could always get Lynch who was equally good.

Braylon...Never do I wish a WR in top 10 let alone at #3.

L'el Collins wanted him over Erving...did not want Erving for Center.

I'm sure there are more but I can't think now. Got to get ready for Church...I'm a sinner angel

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Brian Robiskie.
One of the worst draft picks since the return
Lacked speed and quickness and toughness. Never could blow the top off the defense
Mangini was,applauded so much for drafting him.

Owen Marecic
Yeah yeah he played both ways at Stanford
Whatever did nothing really that good to warrent his draft selection

Julio Jones
Pure monster at Bama
One of the elite WR in the NFL. Future HOF

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: Riddler
Originally Posted By: myka

It is, but also a very very sad one.

I don't post much but I lurk daily and have been around many years on this board and the last and over those years I've witnessed several posters who have consistently mocked ten times better than the various guises of FO incarnations that we've seen.

hahaha so sad but true!

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Mocking players and their projections has always been fun for me...granted we all miss on some...several whom I wanted badly prior to them being drafted. Some excelled, some not

Mcnabb QB- Knew he was the best QB prospect that year and I was like 12 lol...Knew Akili Smith would be horrible...

Peter Warrick WR-Wanted to give Couch a weapon, guy was a beast in college with subpar measurables but amazing ability...Just never panned out

Quentin Jammer- Knew he'd be a star...always was fond of Texas DB's

Chris Canty DE- Went in the 4th round, and I was then working with his cousin...(always wanting to learn even with stuff outside of football) knew he'd be a stud value.

Michael Boley LB- Lasted into the 5th round... Wanted him badly, had a nice carrer at LB

Chris Myers G/C- Being a U guy...I remember mocking him to us...went very late I believe 7th round...multiple pro-bowl center

Taylor Mays S- thought he'd be an enforcer, knew he wouldnt make any game breaking pick 6's...Never became an enforcer...but has or had managed to stay in the league for multiple years.

Kam Chancellor and Aaron Rouse S- Wanted them both coming out of college, Chancellor became a star, Rouse was a dud.

Reshed Jones S- Went I think in round 5/6 was wanting him badly...turned into an elite safety

Ricky Wagner T- Wanted him badly, went later in the draft...was a steal for the Ravens

Malcolm Kelly WR- dropped to round 2, was a star in college...messed up his legs continually always hurt...wanted him badly that year

Charles Johnson and TJ Duckett- Both screamed as NFL stars to me, Johnson became a drug head, and Duckett never did much...only really serving a real purpose as a goal line back.

Brian Orakpo LB- 1st round Dude is a beast, heck I wanted us to sign him as a FA last summer...as he went on to another pro bowl

Ryan Kerrigan LB - Wanted him badly, having a huge career

Kenny Vacarro- Is a pretty good safety, wanted him via trade down.

Justin Blackmon- Never knew substance abuse would overtake his career, was a beast in college...and played bigger than his frame

Chris Givens WR- Wanted him badly, dropped to the 4th...had a sweet RC year and burned Richard Sherman badly...just flamed out after that

Trent Richardson- Everyone told me he was the best RB since AP, fact is all I saw was him trotting through big holes...didnt want no part of him.

Brian Calhoun RB- Thought he would excel in the pros....always injured.

Everitt Brown DE- Huge college numbers, I thought he'd be legit...nope was poor across the board

Michael Johnson DE- Wanted him badly...turned out a nice career for the Bengals

Mariota QB- Said it the year he almost declared he was the best QB that year, and the best QB the year he actually declared.

Terrence Brooks S/CB- Never amounted to anything much.

Telvin Smith LB/S- wanted this guy late, was a steal for the Jags.

Dri Archer and Dexter McCluster- knew they'd be trash

B
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String
B
In 2013 I predicted: Tyrann Mathieu goes 3rd round and is a steal. Big play maker his rookie season.

I'm still mad we picked Leon McFadden the spot before.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Which draft prospects were you right about?

Link Copied to Clipboard