Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted By: Swish
Not gonna lie. I woke up thinking about the draft. Man...l'm worried about the browns screwing this up.

Yep. I still don't have faith in the FO getting it right. We'll see.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: oobernoober
The thing that I get hung up on is that the QBs in the Manziel draft were all considered much better prospects than the guys this year. Manziel and Bridgewater were considered top 10 guys.

If those guys can fall to the bottom of the 1st/top of the second, then this group should as well. This group isn't considered as good as that class, and I'd also argue that the talent at other positions is better this year.

I'm expecting all of the QBs to drop to at least the second half of the first round.

I agree but then you also have to figure who is looking for QB's this year and where they are drafting compared to the Bridgewater, Carr, JM draft. And you've got teams like the Cardinals, Pittsburgh and NYG who have aging QB's and may have eye to a long term replacement.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted By: kwhip
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
He's not going ahead of Watson. I doubt Trub goes ahead of Watson.

Watch Mahommes go 12 or 13. 😎

I think he's perfect for Arizona. Arians and Palmer teaching him for a year or two.

K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Mitch Trubiskiy will be the best Qb prospect from Ohio since Ben Rothlisberger, and im willing to eat those words because i know i won't be wrong.

The Browns passed on Ben too, thinking he wasn't good enough...Ben wanted to play here, he got drafted by the Steelers and now he despies the Browns and kicks our teeth in at every opportunity.

History has a weird way of repeating itself...i fully expect one way or another for us to not get Mitchell, and he will go on to be a Hall of Fame QB...and we will again be left holding the bag with very little to show for it.

Garret Def isn't an Ed "Too Tall" Jones type of talent...Garret is the riskiest pick in this draft...he either Booms in a BIG way or he flames out HARD and amounts to nothing...that makes me very uneasy.

Im hoping they trade back 3-4 spots, even trading down to 5 I would be Ok with that....this is a terrible draft to have the #1 Overall pick...

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Mitch Trubiskiy will be the best Qb prospect from Ohio since Ben Rothlisberger

Do you think he can beat out Frye, Quinn, Hoyer, Troy Smith, and Cardale Jones?

(Am I missing anyone?)

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Originally Posted By: Knight_Of_Brown
Mitch Trubiskiy will be the best Qb prospect from Ohio since Ben Rothlisberger

Do you think he can beat out Frye, Quinn, Hoyer, Troy Smith, and Cardale Jones?

(Am I missing anyone?)

Nobody notable...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think you are wrong.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

HOF is a stretch right now for ANYONE including Luck.

But. This kid has QB written all over him. The question that needs answered and the ONLY ones who know is Huey and Co. Does this kid have a football IQ and is he smart enough to understand what the NFL is gonna offer both offensively and defensively.

I'm going on record that if we Don't take this kid we're going to regret it in 3 years.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm nervous they trade a bunch of picks to move up and take a QB that would be there at #12 anyway....

Miles Garrett is the consensus pick and will immediately improve our virtually non-existent pass rush. Ogbah at one end, Garrett at the other. Now we have a really good start at a 4-3 line.

As long as we take Garrett I then hope Allen falls to #12. Plug him in at DT and we have a line that is formidable.

#BlackLivesMatter #StopAsianHate
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

But. This kid has QB written all over him. The question that needs answered and the ONLY ones who know is Huey and Co. Does this kid have a football IQ and is he smart enough to understand what the NFL is gonna offer both offensively and defensively.

I'm going on record that if we Don't take this kid we're going to regret it in 3 years.

If we take him at #1 then we better go ALL in on offense. If we put the entire franchise on his shoulders then we better give him as much help as we can. Either Howard or Williams at #12 and best RB on the board at #33.

C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Totally reasonable to be nervous, as am I. We're going to learn a lot about what our season looks like in the next couple of hours.

Politicians are puppets, y'all. Let's get Geppetto!

Formerly 4yikes2yoshi0
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

OK, great, you are on record. I am not against Mitch. If we draft him #1 he needs to be playing day 1 and winning games day 1. I don't expect less. We won 1 friggen game last year. My feeling is we need players who can step in and help do that right off the bat with the #1 pick.

That said, we are taking Garrett, as we should.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
It's ALWAYS been Garrett. Never once should anyone have believed anything different.

Now we can manuever for Trubs.

C
Legend
Legend
C
It's ALWAYS been Garrett. Never once should anyone have believed anything different.

It's not Trubisky either.

Also, Trubisky's nickname is Biscuit, not Trubs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think you are wrong.

About Trubisky?

OK, great, you are on record. I am not against Mitch. If we draft him #1 he needs to be playing day 1 and winning games day 1. I don't expect less. We won 1 friggen game last year. My feeling is we need players who can step in and help do that right off the bat with the #1 pick.

That said, we are taking Garrett, as we should.

I agree. If we take T then he starts day one. That's why I say if we do that we better go ALL in on offense and give him some help. RB,WR TE etc. Really stack the deck in his favor so he isn't out there by himself. That said, we take Garrett and finally have a pass rush! Something we haven't had in a long LONG time.

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

It's not Trubisky either.

Also, Trubisky's nickname is Biscuit, not Trubs.

Call him what you want. I'm calling him TRUBS.

Not Trubisky either? What's that mean? If we move up from 12 it's either Trubs or Adams and Hooker. That's pretty obvious. So the Analytics say lol.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Not Trubisky either? What's that mean? If we move up from 12 it's either Trubs or Adams and Hooker. That's pretty obvious. So the Analytics say lol.

I don't think we ever really wanted Trubisky. We shall see.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Makes sense.....get OJ Howard.....too bad it is a very deep D draft, and our D is worse than our O.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Hue said "we aren't going to force a QB we will let them come to us" I would say that means we stay @ #12 and see who's there ... thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Hue said "we aren't going to force a QB we will let them come to us" I would say that means we stay @ #12 and see who's there ... thumbsup

I took it that way. I'll be pleased if it works out that way!

K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Peen. If we stick at 12 and Howard is there we'd almost HAVE to take him. Gotta be highest rated player on the board ahead of defense if Hooker is gone.

Stud DE
Stud TE

All day solid 1-2 punch.

Legend
Legend
Lol. the Goodell hate is strong.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
C
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
C
Gotta be Garrett unless they receive a kings ransom.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season 2017 NFL Draft Anybody else really nervous?

Link Copied to Clipboard