Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127165 07/06/07 10:24 PM
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
I got tickets for the show on the floor and I plan on going to training camp from 2:30 - 4:30 and the next morning from 8:30-10:30

whho all is going to training camp or the show wanna meet up and hang out

Brian

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
P
Legend
Legend
P
From all of the evidence I've seen and according to a jury of his peers,Manson was a slayer. I mean,he didn't actually do the slaying himself,but he was the mastermind and gave the orders to those brainwashed kids.

But he's been safely behind bars for years. And I think visitation is free at prisons. So why in the hell would you have to buy a ticket?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
i'm not really a fan of slayer, but i got the chance to see them live 7 or 8 years ago, and i was impressed...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I love Slayer and listen to Manson sometimes. That should be a sweet show. I may go but it's far to early for me to know.

Our honor defend, we will fight to the end, for OHIO! GO BUCKS!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
....and a Lombardo drum solo is a thing of rare beauty.

Saw 'em on the British leg of the Clash of the Titans tour in 1990....suh weet

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
"Raining Blood" used to be one of my my entrance songs when I wrestled.

Many, many moons ago, my buddy Jeff and I went to see a Type O Negative concert at the Odeon. My buddy is a big Mushroomhead fan (grew up with them in the neighborhood) and not such a big fan of Manson. I guess Manson said something derogatory about Mushroomhead, but not sure. Well, we were just hanging out on the upper level..me, Jeff and this adult entertainer (figure I'd clean up 'stripper') that I used to hang out with, having a few beers, when out walks Marilyn Manson onto the second level. Guess he was buddies with Type O and was there to check out the show. Well...my buddy, who has perhaps had a few too many and is beligerent to begin with, steps up into Manson's face and starts talking trash, probably trying to start a fight. I wanted no trouble because I just wanted to check out the show & hang out in the pit. Then Manson's bodyguard steps up in Jeff's face & well, I wasn't going to let my boy get beat down, regardless of how stupid he was, so I stepped up into the bodyguards face (who was considerably smaller, because I was really jacked at the time..age takes it's toll...DAMN !). I explained the situation to the bodyguard, bought Manson a beer & settled my buddy down. Not a big incident, but that was my first encounter with Marilyn Manson. Have seen quite a few of his shows and love his old stuff (Cake and Sodomy..fav song).

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Wooo, memory lane.

I don't remember the name of the concert. it could have been the Clash of the Titans someone mentioned already, but i'm not 100% sure.

line up was:
Alice in Chains
Slayer
Megadeth
Anthrax

Great show. First or second row for Alice & Slayer.
Slayer exhausted me just to stay up front so i had to go back a bit for the others. Kinda bumed me out since Megadeth was one of my Favorites.
I remember being on of the few people i spoke to that day that was into alice in chains. I think that was right when Man in a box single came out.

Anybody remember a tour around that time featuring Judas Priest?
I think Anthrax was one of the opening acts on that tour also.
Cant remember who else, maybe Testament?

anyway those were the days of big shows werent they?

OHHH how about Metallica, GnR, Faith No More ( another band I was stoked to see in the minority)

the closest thing I can think of today like those shows, was a few years ago Slipnot, Disturbed, linkenpark, paparoach.

Sorry to highjack your thread here for a moment. I don't even live in your area and Im too old for that kind a show anymore :rofl

"He who buys what he does not need steals from himself."
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Clash of the Titans on the Euro. leg was:

Slayer
Magadeth

(as joint headline)

Testament (Skolnick is an incredible guitarist)
Suicidal Tendencies

I think for the American version, they put Alice instead of Suicidal Tendencies. Not 100% sure on that though....hell of a gig though and you're right....fantastic tour.

Quote:

Sorry to highjack your thread here for a moment. I don't even live in your area and Im too old for that kind a show anymore :rofl

Hey the more props to Slayer live, the better for them man.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Ahhh...Megadeth...Dave Mustaine is THE man !

[Linked Image from media.scout.com]
B
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
B
I remember the first Ozzfest I went to at Blossom...'97 I think - Coal Chamber, Powerman 5000, Machinehead, Type O, Pantera, Ozzy (solo) and Ozzy w/ Black Sabbath. Nice line-up.

1st String
OP Offline
1st String
this will be my 4th slayer show and my third manson show and im going to see them in Pheniox on the 27th of august too my buddy Piper lives out there

I am the artist that was known as Dawgmanincincy
M
All Pro
All Pro
M
Manson is an idiot. Who would pay to a see a reject making money off of lost children by destroying any sense of responsibility?

[Linked Image from netanimations.net]
1st String
OP Offline
1st String
Quote:

Manson is an idiot. Who would pay to a see a reject making money off of lost children by destroying any sense of responsibility?

uhm.....................................................what?

Last edited by Dawgmanincincy; 07/07/07 01:04 PM.
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Yes Beer..........I seen that same lineup in St. Petes...................there was another band that had devil masks on..........okay I do remember, a crazy looking band by the name of Slipknot!

The original Sabbath lineup.......that was a good show!

[Linked Image from i96.photobucket.com]

GO BROWNS!
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Slayer/Manson 7/31/07

Link Copied to Clipboard