Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Doubling Down

Robert J. Elisberg
Columnist and screenwriter.
08/18/2017

In the morning, I read this article here on Raw Story about Felix Sater. If you find the name somewhat familiar, that’s because it came up during the election. Sater is a particularly-sleazy businessman who has occasionally partnered with Donald Trump and has a long-history of legal troubles, though Trump claimed not to really know who he was — despite photos of them together and despite Sater being...well, an occasional business partner.

(By the way, just to clarify the term “legal troubles,” Sater — for one example — plead guilty to racketeering in a $40 million stock fraud scheme that the Mafia organized, though he never went to jail for it — that’s because he became an informant for the FBI and CIA. This is never a good thing when you find yourself a business partner of Felix Sater if you ever are under federal investigation yourself. Oh, and in an interesting related-issue, Andrew Weissmann — who was the prosecutor who handled Sater’s plea deal — has been hired by Special Counsel Robert Mueller...)

Okay, so that’s who Felix Sater is. Well, as it happens, Felix Sater has been questioned by Robert Mueller, and the Financial Times reported that he is “cooperating” with the investigation. Indeed, according to the sources, “Sater may have already flipped and given prosecutors the evidence they need to make a case against Trump.”

But, hey, don’t take the reporter’s word for it. Just listen to...oh, Felix Sater. In an interview he gave with New York magazine, Sater himself hinted, “In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about. Unfortunately, I can’t talk about it now, before it happens. And believe me, it ain’t anything as small as whether or not they’re gonna call me to the Senate committee.”

It gets worse, if that’s possible. (We’ll...”worse” depending on your point of view. Others may be chomping at the bit. According to a source for The Spectator magazine, Sater has already told his family that he knows he and Trump are going to prison, “someone talking to Mueller’s investigators informed me.” (“Me,” being the reporter, not Sater, just to clarify pronouns.)

Now, to be clear, a lot of this is “reportedly,” and Felix Sater also appears to be someone who likes to talk big about himself. But, on the core issues, he is cooperating with the investigation, and he does have a history of making plea deals to give up his associates and keep himself out of jail.

Not good for Trump.

But as I said, Thursday was a double-dip day for Trump, and the other story may actually, remarkably even be worse — and it has a twist. (In fact, because of the twist, that may be what makes it worse.)

Mind you, even without the twist, it’s pretty terrible on its own.

Over lunch yesterday, a friend told me about a story that began with Bloomberg News and moved to other outlets, including Vanity Fair — so these aren’t fly-by-night news sources — though it hasn’t gained national traction yet, however it was discussed that morning on Thom Hartmann’s radio show, where my friend heard about the article. He said the story presents a massive conspiracy bank fraud problem for the Trump family — pretty much all of them: Donald, Eric, Don Jr., and Ivanka. And it’s not based on rumor, but the article includes leaked emails from the Trump Organization — not merely talked about, but the actual emails itself.

Later, after lunch, my friend tracked down the article and sent me a link to it. The story was very convoluted — as most bank fraud stories are — but to give you a general overview:

The story concerns Trump’s involvement with a $350 million fraud over the Trump Soho Hotel deal (a facility he talked about at length on The Apprentice TV show — something which probably isn’t a good thing to have done at this point). Basically, his partner in the deal had committed the bank fraud with the help of the Mafia, and ultimately with other money laundering sources in Russia. And the leaked emails show that Trump, Eric, Don Jr, and Ivanka all knew about it, and even held a meeting on it. And not only did they never report it to the authorities, but kept it quiet to pretty much shake down their business partner and continue defrauding the banks.

Oh, one other thing. This is that “twist” part which makes it even worse for Trump. (Yes, even worse...)

When I got home from lunch and received the email from my friend with a link to the article, I burst out laughing about four paragraphs in. That’s where I read that the business partner is...Felix Sater!!!!!

Yes, really.

Well, that’s not good for Trump.

There’s something else that’s very important in the article. It talks about federal RICO racketeering charges that could be pending, and also notes that the state of New York has its own RICO racketeering laws. Recall what I wrote here a couple weeks ago — a presidential pardon ONLY covers federal crimes, not state or local.

​Not good for Trump, the sequel.

You can read the article and leaked emails here in this piece from The Stern Facts, which puts the entire story together from the various sources.

At the moment, this is not a national story. Neither is the one about Felix Sater cooperating with the Mueller investigation. But that doesn’t make them any less real. The emails are real. Bloomberg News and Vanity Fair have reported them. Felix Sater is talking with the investigators. And Sater does have a history of making deals with the authorities — one of whom is on Robert Mueller’s staff. It’s just that all these real stories simply haven’t broken through “as news” ALL the other even bigger stories that have been making the headlines. But being a news headline is actually secondary to what the very real FBI investigators are doing, whether the stories have become headlines yet or not. And as Felix Sater himself says, “In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about.”

It was not a double-good day for Trump. For other people reading about it all...that’s another matter entirely.

To read more from Robert J. Elisberg about this or many other matters both large and tidbit small, see Elisberg Industries. He can also be followed at a distance on Twitter or Facebook.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/doubling-down_us_59970933e4b02eb2fda31f52

Linked from story above.

Longtime Trump business partner ‘told family he knows he and POTUS are going to prison’: report

DAVID EDWARDS
17 AUG 2017

Felix Sater, one of Donald Trump’s shadiest former business partners, is reportedly preparing for prison time — and he says the president will be joining him behind bars.

Sources told The Spectator‘s Paul Wood that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s deep dive into Trump’s business practices may be yielding results.

Trump recently made remarks that could point to a money laundering scheme, Wood reported.

“I mean, it’s possible there’s a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows?” the president said.

Sater, who has a long history of legal troubles and is cooperating with law enforcement, was one of the major players responsible for selling Trump’s condos to the Russians.

And according to Wood’s sources, Sater may have already flipped and given prosecutors the evidence they need to make a case against Trump.

For several weeks there have been rumours that Sater is ready to rat again, agreeing to help Mueller. ‘He has told family and friends he knows he and POTUS are going to prison,’ someone talking to Mueller’s investigators informed me.

Sater hinted in an interview earlier this month that he may be cooperating with both Mueller’s investigation and congressional probes of Trump.

“In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about,” Sater told New York Magazine. “Unfortunately, I can’t talk about it now, before it happens. And believe me, it ain’t anything as small as whether or not they’re gonna call me to the Senate committee.”

Sater is not the only one rumored confidante to have turned against Trump. An attack on former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort by the National Enquirer — a friendly outlet for the president — suggests that he may have already turned over damaging evidence to authorities.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/08/longtime...-prison-report/

The other story with the Twist from above:

Emails linked so just read the article here.

https://thesternfacts.com/exclusive-emai...se-d703277dfa71

This looks real and I can't believe we aren't hearing more about it yet. Probably this week's headline Trump story.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
rolleyes

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
rockyhilldawg says: "I doubt it."

quote from above "article":

Quote:
“In about the next 30 to 35 days, I will be the most colourful character you have ever talked about,” Sater told New York Magazine.

Let's not wait 30-35 days.

Felix Sater is looney tunes.

Is that "colourful" enough Felix?

Legend
Legend
This is an interesting story for sure.

I wasn't aware of who Sater was...but man...that's quite a history he has.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
superconfused
Not certain if it is true, so will need to follow this, but doesn't sound good.

I do see a lot of truth in my folks telling me when I was growing up, that me and my friends would be known and judged by the company we kept. They would reflect on me and I would do the same to them.

I am suddenly overwhelmed trying to apply this to this administration. Wow.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
No Offense intended, but this guy sounds about as full of himself as the President appears to be. I'll wait and see what actually happens.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I'm with you. Today is filled with a lot of sensationalism and hyperbole. So far, nothing extraordinary has happened outside of the FBI raid, so I will wait and see.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Damanshot
No Offense intended, but this guy sounds about as full of himself

Typical of Russian born real estate developers.

The Financial Times reported Thursday morning that Felix Sater, former business partner of President Donald Trump with deep ties to the Mafia and Russian government, is cooperating in an international investigation into an alleged money-laundering network. Sater has a history of channeling money from prominent families in the Eastern bloc into Trump properties. This could pose problems for Trump, given Sater’s history of outing former close associates in exchange for immunity.

Drip....Drip.....Drip

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Can I ask...why do you honestly keep repeating the phrase "Drip...Drip...Drip?"

I'm not trying to call you out, and I apologize if it comes across that way, but I feel like so often on these threads I see intelligent posters who get so caught up in ire and sensationalism, that it takes away from what might otherwise be sound rationale.

I think that about all kinds of clichés and coined phrases, like "Lock Her Up!" for instance. I do think it shows bias and the substitution of emotion for logic.

So I just have to ask...why?

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: dawglover05
Can I ask...why do you honestly keep repeating the phrase "Drip...Drip...Drip?"

Everyday something new drips out. A drip yesterday, a drip today, a drip drip drip everyday. It's not going to stop anytime soon.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Legend
Legend
V
Because he acts like a narrow-minded bigot who is gleeful when there is bad news about our president.

He and a couple of others ruin all conversation w/their nonsensical hate.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Well...I do suppose you answered the question, but ignored the point.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Because he acts like a narrow-minded bigot who is gleeful when there is bad news about our president.

He and a couple of others ruin all conversation w/their nonsensical hate.

I doubt that's the reason. I mean, why would it be. The truth is Trump brings this on himself.

Telling someone that relish bad news isn't the answer. Not even a little

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
So let me see if I got this right. A professional informant is fishing for a deal to get out of trouble. He has conned many business men out of money through racketeering. Was Trump a player or a victim and will they be able to present any REAL evidence vs just a conman SAYING what he is paid to say.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
Legend
Legend
Just checking in here. Is Trump in jail yet?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Not yet.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I will check back in later.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
wow...

Trump Associate Boasted That Moscow Business Deal ‘Will Get Donald Elected’

By MATT APUZZO and MAGGIE HABERMANAUG. 28, 2017

WASHINGTON — A business associate of President Trump promised in 2015 to engineer a real estate deal with the aid of the president of Russia, Vladimir V. Putin, that he said would help Mr. Trump win the presidency.

The associate, Felix Sater, wrote a series of emails to Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Michael Cohen, in which he boasted about his ties to Mr. Putin. He predicted that building a Trump Tower in Moscow would highlight Mr. Trump’s savvy negotiating skills and be a political boon to his candidacy.

“Our boy can become president of the USA and we can engineer it,” Mr. Sater wrote in an email. “I will get all of Putins team to buy in on this, I will manage this process.”

A portion of an email Felix Sater sent to Michael Cohen on Nov. 3, 2015.

The emails show that, from the earliest months of Mr. Trump’s campaign, some of his associates viewed close ties with Moscow as a political advantage. Those ties are now under investigation by the Justice Department and multiple congressional committees.

American intelligence agencies have concluded that the Russian government interfered with the 2016 presidential election to try to help Mr. Trump. Investigators want to know whether anyone on Mr. Trump’s team was part of that process.

Mr. Sater, a Russian immigrant, said he had lined up financing for the Trump Tower deal with VTB Bank, a Russian bank that was under American sanctions for involvement in Moscow’s efforts to undermine democracy in Ukraine. In another email, Mr. Sater envisioned a ribbon-cutting ceremony in Moscow.

“I will get Putin on this program and we will get Donald elected,” Mr. Sater wrote.

Mr. Sater said he was eager to show video clips to his Russian contacts of instances of Mr. Trump speaking glowingly about Russia, and said he would arrange for Mr. Putin to praise Mr. Trump’s business acumen.

“If he says it we own this election,” Mr. Sater wrote. “Americas most difficult adversary agreeing that Donald is a good guy to negotiate.”

There is no evidence in the emails that Mr. Sater delivered on his promises, and one email suggests that Mr. Sater overstated his Russian ties. In January 2016, Mr. Cohen wrote to Mr. Putin’s spokesman, Dmitri S. Peskov, asking for help restarting the Trump Tower project, which had stalled. But Mr. Cohen did not appear to have Mr. Peskov’s direct email, and instead wrote to a general inbox for press inquiries.

The project never got government permits or financing, and died weeks later.

“To be clear, the Trump Organization has never had any real estate holdings or interests in Russia,” the Trump Organization said Monday in a statement. Mr. Trump, however signed a nonbinding “letter of intent” for the project in 2015. Mr. Cohen said he discussed the project with Mr. Trump three times.

The Trump Organization on Monday turned over emails to the House Intelligence Committee, which is investigating Russian meddling in the presidential election and whether anyone in Mr. Trump’s campaign was involved. Some of the emails were obtained by The Times.

A portion of an email Mr. Sater sent to Mr. Cohen on Nov. 3, 2015.

The emails obtained by The Times do not include any responses from Mr. Cohen to Mr. Sater’s messages.

In a statement on Monday that was also provided to Congress, Mr. Cohen suggested that he viewed Mr. Sater’s comments as puffery. “He has sometimes used colorful language and has been prone to ‘salesmanship,’” the statement said. “I ultimately determined that the proposal was not feasible and never agreed to make a trip to Russia.”

The emails obtained by The Times make no mention of Russian efforts to damage Hillary Clinton’s campaign or the hacking of Democrats’ emails. Mr. Trump, who began praising Mr. Putin years before the presidential campaign, has said there was no collusion with Russian officials. Previously released emails, however, revealed that his campaign was willing to receive damaging information about Mrs. Clinton from Russian sources.

Mr. Sater said it would be “pretty cool to get a USA President elected” and said he desired to be the ambassador to the Bahamas. “That my friend is the home run I want out of this,” he wrote.

Mr. Sater — a former F.B.I. informant who is famous for having once smashed a martini glass stem into another man’s face — has maintained a relationship with Mr. Cohen over the years. The two men have spent decades operating in the world of New York commercial real estate, where the sources of funding can be murky.

Mr. Sater’s lawyer did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Mr. Sater was a broker for the Trump Organization for several years, paid to deliver real estate deals. A company he worked for, Bayrock, played a role in financing the Trump SoHo Hotel in New York. Mr. Sater and Mr. Cohen even worked together on a peace plan for Ukraine and Russia that they sought to get in front of Mr. Trump’s national security adviser earlier this year.

As a broker for the Trump Organization, Mr. Sater had an incentive to overstate his business-making acumen. He presents himself in his emails as so influential in Russia that he helped arrange a 2006 trip that Mr. Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, took to Moscow.

“I arranged for Ivanka to sit in Putins private chair at his desk and office in the Kremlin,” he said.

Ms. Trump said she had no involvement in the discussions about the Moscow deal other than to recommend possible architects. In a statement, she said that during the 2006 trip she took “a brief tour of Red Square and the Kremlin” as a tourist. She said it is possible she sat in Mr. Putin’s chair during that tour but she did not recall it. She said she has not seen or spoken to Mr. Sater since 2010. “I have never met President Vladimir Putin,” she said.

The Times reported earlier this year on the plan for a Trump Tower in Moscow, which never materialized. On Sunday, The Washington Post reported the existence of the correspondence between Mr. Sater and Mr. Cohen, but not its content.

Spokespeople for the House Intelligence Committee had no comment on the documents.

Mr. Cohen has denied any wrongdoing, and the Trump Organization turned over the emails to the House as part of his ongoing cooperation with the investigation.

Earlier this month, Mr. Cohen’s lawyer, Stephen M. Ryan, wrote a letter to congressional investigators that contained what he said was a point-by-point refutation of a dossier suggesting that Mr. Cohen colluded with Russian operatives. That dossier, compiled by a retired British spy and briefed to Mr. Trump during the transition, was published online early this year.

“We do not believe that the committee should give credence to or perpetuate any of the allegations relating to Mr. Cohen unless the committee can obtain independent and reliable corroboration,” Mr. Ryan wrote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/28/us/politics/trump-tower-putin-felix-sater.html?mcubz=0

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Felix Sater says Trump is going to jail.

Link Copied to Clipboard