Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
We are only 1 year in to this.

We have already extended contracts and signed some vets.

We aren't always going to be a team of 23-24 year olds. At some point it is going to even out towards the norm, but it isn't going to happen in a year.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Now cutting Greco has me saying WTF. I believe Sashi is nuts with this move. I would love to tell him face to face What in the hell is wrong with you butthead.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
You're spot on there GM.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If I was healthy enough, and had the money I would find a way to get in Sashi's face and tell him just what I said. It wouldn't be the first time.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I really wish you could GM, I really do.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have done it before with other GM's None of them ever listened but at least I felt better. Hey I have been called an idiot more times than I can remember, BUT I always spoke my mind. cool

M
Legend
Legend
M
Thats a good point and makes a ton of sense. But even at the time Gipson moved on - it was an expensive contract and I seem to remember it was debated whether he was good, average or below average .... We had a pile of steaming dung at S last year. So it smarts - but it'll be interesting to see how Gipson performs this year and next.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: mgh888
Thats a good point and makes a ton of sense. But even at the time Gipson moved on - it was an expensive contract and I seem to remember it was debated whether he was good, average or below average .... We had a pile of steaming dung at S last year. So it smarts - but it'll be interesting to see how Gipson performs this year and next.

Gipson was extraordinarily ordinary last year...just like when he was here. Maybe better than what we had last year...maybe...but not worth the $$$ he got by leaving. He wasn't going to move the needle for us.

Peppers now has his spot...I'd rather have Peppers. JMO

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Gipson is a good player. He was praised by each and every DC that coached him.

I think Sashi short-changed him and alienated him when he was in charge of contracts.

People make things up, but he made the Pro Bowl for a reason.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think Gipson is a good player. He was praised by each and every DC that coached him.

I think Sashi short-changed him and alienated him when he was in charge of contracts.

People make things up, but he made the Pro Bowl for a reason.

Because better players were "hurt" or still had games to play? (more a commentary on the Pro Bowl than Gipson)

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
And how many of our secondary guys made the Pro Bowl last year under the very same circumstances?

Gipson is a good player. Your home-cooking rhetoric does not change that.

This FO has made a ton of dumb ass moves........you know, in my humble opinion.

I am losing faith in them!

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
How many times has Gipson made the Pro Bowl since then? How did he play...you know..LAST YEAR?

V
Legend
Legend
V
Quote:
*** You are ignoring this user ***

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I have done it before with other GM's None of them ever listened but at least I felt better. Hey I have been called an idiot more times than I can remember, BUT I always spoke my mind. cool

Just call Cleveland and ask to speak to him, somebody else talks to big shots like that I read somewhere on here.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
HaHa. But, you do realize that GM has contacts w/the Browns, right? Or not?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
Quote:

Too afraid to talk a little 'Gipson' I see. Classic.

V
Legend
Legend
V

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted By: eotab
I don't see it failing...I like what we are building.

We have been building since '99.

D
1st String
1st String
D
This thread needs a therapist.... yikes!!!

Just the dawg in me..........
A
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
A
j/c...

I hated last season and it's something I hope we never have to live through for a long time.

I hate losing the players we've lost over the past 2 seasons, specifically Terrelle Pryor. Having said that, Pryor is the only guy let go with a chance to be a core player for a franchise long-term.

Despite the pain, the picture is starting to become clearer at this point and I am very, very excited for the future. Some points:

- I doubt the team will always be looking for 12+ draft picks per season as the core starts to enter their primes. However, having as many draft picks as possible is always going to be a strong strategy regardless of the cycle the team will be in.

- Phil Savage once said that a successful draft is one where you walk away with 3 starters. The Browns will never become a good team following that formula. You have to double the odds to make the team better, faster. Even the most successful franchises when it comes to the draft have about a 50% success rate.

- As far as keeping the core together goes, I think the Browns will do just that. The players who have left either a) will not be part of the long-term solution or b) were overpaid. (aside from Terrelle Pryor). Joe Haden was going to be past his prime by the time this thing is turned around...therefore it makes more sense to create a roster spot for someone to develop.

- I think the Browns are using their assets wisely. And for all we know there could be another Collins-like trade in the works (guy ready for a second contract aka going to be in his prime for awhile). I think they are keeping their cap space ready for those "second contract" guys in the offseason and give existing players second contracts as they come up.

- You can see the clear difference in talent between last year and this year, and much of it was due to the development of last year's rookies. I expect this trend to continue going forward. The cream will rise to the top. And if you have an opportunity to leverage assets (players who could be valuable to other teams but there's developing depth at the position so you can trade them), you do it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Cleveland Browns: The front office went too far with rebuild

Link Copied to Clipboard