Next Thread
Print Thread
Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Session better run for cover!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/justice-depar...-212100198.html

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Justice Department said it had no evidence to support the unsubstantiated claim made in March by President Donald Trump that his predecessor, Barack Obama, had ordered a wiretap of Trump Tower during the 2016 presidential campaign.

There has never been any evidence to support Trump's assertion on Twitter that "Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory," despite continued insistence from some conservative websites and commentators.

But in a court filing late on Friday, the Justice Department added itself to the list of entities debunking the allegation.

The FBI and the Justice Department's National Security Division "confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described" by tweets from Trump posted on March 4, the department said in a court filing in Washington.

The filing was in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit brought by American Oversight, a government watchdog group.

Trump Tower, a mixed-used New York skyscraper, is home to one of Trump's private residences and served as his campaign headquarters during the election.

The surveillance claim, which first appeared in conservative media before being picked up by Trump, prompted a rare rebuke by Obama, who responded at the time through a spokesman to denounce the idea that he had ordered surveillance against then-candidate Trump as "simply false."

In a statement, American Oversight said the Justice Department filing "confirmed in writing that President Trump lied when he tweeted that former President Obama 'wiretapped' him at Trump Tower."

Asked for comment, a White House spokeswoman said on Saturday, "This is not news. We answered this weeks ago."

Despite the lack of evidence, the White House for several weeks attempted to bolster the baseless claim, and it helped fuel an also unsubstantiated inquiry by Devin Nunes, the Republican chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives intelligence committee, into whether the Obama administration improperly "unmasked" surveillance intercepts of phone conversations Trump associates had with foreigners.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Swish

it helped fuel an also unsubstantiated inquiry by Devin Nunes, the Republican chairman of the U.S. House of Representatives intelligence committee, into whether the Obama administration improperly "unmasked" surveillance intercepts of phone conversations Trump associates had with foreigners.

Can't wait to see what they find out on this one...

In March, House Intelligence Chairman Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., said members of the intelligence community "incidentally collected" communications from the Trump transition team during legal surveillance operations of foreign targets.

But Nunes said he was unsure whether the surveillance occurred at Trump Tower -- as the president has suggested.

So the exact term of "Wire Tap" and "Trump Tower" are false but the "Incidental Collection" and "Illegal Unmasking" are still under investigation.

Trump reacted by saying he felt “somewhat” vindicated by Nunes’ comments.

Swish Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nunes has zero credibility, as he had to recuse himself due to the fact that he was essentially trying to run interference for the WH.

Trump lied. straight up.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
says you and your Yahoo. rolleyes

Legend
Legend
Dude... face it: you voted for a cartoon villain to be your POTUS.

He makes *spit* up when he's bored at 3M
He lies about the size of his.... "crowds."
He lies about inconsequential stuff that matters only to him.
He makes false accusations about others, and then cries "Fake news!" when provable facts paint him in an unflattering light.
He's quickly becoming marginalized on the global stage as a stooge to be avoided.

No intellectual curiosity coupled with unwavering arrogance

and... let's not ever forget: he was also "King of the Birthers."

Dude is str8 up Skeletor... with a ridiculous comb over.

rofl

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
I agree with you on Trump, but the only other choice was

and Trump threw water on her.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
I agree with you on Trump, but the only other choice was

and Trump threw water on her.
Thats depressing to think about

Sad, really

You may be in the drivers seat but God is holding the map. #GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
You do realize that when you're talking to Russians that are under surveillance that it picks up both sides of the conversation, right?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
You do realize that when you're talking to Russians that are under surveillance that it picks up both sides of the conversation, right?

I do.
But do you realize that under American Law, the listener (CIA,NSA,FBI) must protect the American Citizen's identity unless they go through an exhaustive effort in the Courts to release (unmask) that Citizens identity. That is why people are going to go to jail over this.
It is part of the attempted Coup to remove our President.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think the word Coup means what you think it means.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
agreed.
100%.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PitDAWG
I don't think the word Coup means what you think it means.

I think you don't have a clue what is happening before your eyes.

Legend
Legend
Quote:

Sad, really

Yes it is buddy. In this great country of ours it's really a shame that we can not come up with better choices notallthere

Legend
Legend
Millions upon Millions of us think the choice was obvious as we chose wisely. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Quote:
I think you don't have a clue what is happening before your eyes.

I'm pretty sure I know what's happening:

Your money laundering, snake oil selling, rube-fleecing, pathological lying, empty-suit of a POTUS is being investigated by law-abiding Real American patriots.

This isn't a coup. It's a criminal investigation, pure and simple. To glamourize it as something more gives undue credit to the (alleged) "not-so smooth" criminal under suspicion.

Mueller just laid down the magnifying glass... and picked up the microscope.

...and I'm plugging in my 70's era:

Legend
Legend
I'm no fan of Trump but I found this comment from another article about the same story rather telling:

Notice how the FBI and nsd continually use only the specific phrase "wiretap"? That's because they don't perform wiretaps anymore. Phone calls are interrupted on the carrier end now, no need for a tap. Audio can be gathered from any internet connected device with a mic. Electronic coms are already scanned for key words and metacollection.

I suppose the truth is that there were no actual wiretaps going on... because they don't have to. Also, notice the entirety of the groups saying this are Obama appointments.

Legend
Legend
Bingo!

Now there is a man with a clue! thumbsup

Now Clem on the other hand lined up weeks early to vote for the Devil in a blue dress.

Now we are supposed to take him seriously. rofl

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
the only other choice ...

Incorrect and after-the-fact reactionary.

Legend
Legend
Hey!

I chose corrupt and sane.
You chose corrupt... and sane's opposite.

M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Quote:

Sad, really

Yes it is buddy. In this great country of ours it's really a shame that we can not come up with better choices notallthere

I should've run.

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Hey!

I don't think sane applies to her either my friend!

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
P
Legend
Legend
P
It was two craptastic candidates. I blame both the Democrats who nominated her and the Republicans for nominating him. That left me no candidate that deserved my vote. Sad really. The candidates usually aren't as good as they could be, but this past election was an all time low.

I'm a registered Independent. As such, in TN. I'm not permitted to vote in the GOP or Dem primaries.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Clemdawg
Hey!

Hey Clem, this is where I draw the line! President Trump is not insane! He's just a very stupid childlike silverspoon egomaniac know-nothing dolittle racists old codger! Let's not cross line here. thumbsup

Edit:

Oh and I forgot, Orange. smile

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 09/03/17 09:57 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Quote:

Just like every one of your posts

R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Originally Posted By:

I suppose the truth is that there were no actual wiretaps going on... because they don't have to. Also, notice the entirety of the groups saying this are Obama appointments.[/i

Amen bro.....stacking the deck is their reality

Last edited by Riley01; 09/04/17 08:48 AM.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

Just like every one of your posts

Again narcissistic and Pee-wee Herman like, not admitting your own arrogance and belittling of others with different opinions.

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Quote:

Sad, really

There were better more idealistic choices but your prejudice and bigotry prevented your from exploring them. And your rampant know-it-all arrogance blinds you from acknowledging that. You act like a fearful person with regret.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Justice Department affirms no evidence Obama wiretapped Trump

Link Copied to Clipboard