Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
7-9

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Legend
Legend
I think we steal an early game or two, but Kizer's inexperience and other teams figuring him out will come into play as the season progresses. I'm afraid it's going to be a loooong season. 3-13.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Lord I hate predictions and I am only doing this because you started the thread bro thumbsup I say we will win 3 or four times more games this year than we did last year.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
0-16
0-17 if you count the bye........

Practice Squad
Practice Squad
I am quite optimistic this D-fense can be really good.
Think about how bad they were last year and we really should have had 3 victories.

Kizer gives us a dimension we haven't seen on this roster in quite a while. Along with a run game ( hopefully)
we will show some real progress.
There still will be a learning curve, no doubt. But I like where we are trending heading into the season.

So... based on all the offseason moves adding talent and losing some,
The prediction is 5-11 (Vegas somehow knows @ 4.5)-lol- Take the over!

If I only knew then what I know today...
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Quote:
9-7, wildcard!!!

This is my thought also. My thoughts are the Browns go 3-13 or 9-7

The team is young. The players from last season went through a 1-15 season. That leaves a bad taste in the players. Being young you want to prove that your better than a 1-15 win team.

Every year there's that team that comes out and surprises by getting into or close to a play-off birth.

I think it's time for the Browns to be that team.

Be Nice if they could go on a 12 game win streak like the Tribe smile

D
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
D
I said long ago that until the Browns can win more than 4 games consistently, I can not expect more than 4 wins.

That being said, I like our D. and am optimistic that we can win at least 6 this year.

Prediction: 4-12
Hope:6-10

Legend
Legend
6-10... I'm feeling like we are on the right road...

<><

#gmstrong
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I will be happy if we win 6+ AND DeShone shows the potential to be a true franchise QB.

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
5 or 6 wins. And Deshone proves to be the future. Next season: playoff push.

you had a good run Hank.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
7-9...IF we can avoid the injury bug at key positions

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm going big this year... 8-8

best case 10-6
worst case 4-12

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
K
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
K
Im going 2-14

Were just not a very good team this year, and we are young. Most of our roster is rookies and 2nd year guys, and were starting a rookie QB.

There will be a 4 games atleast that we lost by 3-7 points...in many games we will be competitive...but we just won't be able to get the job done.

if we stick with the current coach and FO we should be looking at a winning record by 2019 if we stay the course, but that winning record won't be this year.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
1 win.. 14 loss... 1 tie lol

being a browns fan is like taking your dog to vet every week to be put down...
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Probably 4-12 or so

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I'm predicting 3-5 wins this year. If we stay healthy and learn to hold onto leads in the 4th quarter it could be more but I doubt it at this time. It doesn't matter at this point but we could have won another 3 games if we knew how to hold onto leads.

E
Legend
Legend
E
We win 7. Next year, playoffs.

No Craps Given
D
Legend
Legend
D
6-10.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
We win 7. Next year, playoffs.

I like your thinking, Eve. I believe 7 wins is a touch high, but if Kizer pulls some rabbits out of his hat, we could see 8 or 9 wins...

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I'm gonna guess 5 wins this year.

At the bare minimum I hope we get at least 3 wins and Kizer looks good, at least at times.

-GO BROWNS!!!!

T
Legend
Legend
T
Nobody! On the Browns Defensive Backfield, Corners and Safeties, can be superman, and or NObody, alone, in the NFL can cover #1 Wide Receivers, week in and week out, for the full 60 minutes.

The Browns, with their "collection" of talent in the defensive backfield should be pretty good to overcome that, because they have the numbers to not make any ONE BROWN, Responsible to hold off passing, for the full 60 minutes.

Which is a good thing.

The Browns db's last year, weren't up to par, probably a double bogey on their best hole of any course all year.
A real -3 negative 3 on a scale of 1-10. But!

Their is cause for hope. The Browns, in Adding Calvin Pryor, and Jason McCourty,

Factor in the developmental improvement of players like Hillary, and Burley, which could be the "dime corner" not forcing other db's out of position when the 6th pass defender has to come on for a play; and you have cause to think they'll do well.

We know, that Ed ReynoldsII took over major playing time and starts from Ibraheim Campbell for much of the final 6-8 games last year.
With both of them back, and some developmental improvement on their part, we can be certain that
(this rotation of fresh eyes and fresh guys)
will impose a difficult labyrinth for opposing Wide receivers to have any kind of a decent day, when playing our Browns.

But most importantly, the fact that THESE DB'S won't have to STAND ALONE, because they were proven a little bit overmatched, last year; from top to bottom
Whether it's any single one corner or safety on the Browns, the best chance they have is to rotate which guys will be tasked to cover the other teams best receivers on any given play.

The exception, Joe Haden, who is a top 4 corner in the league, though constantly facing the opponents #1 receiver on an island, (simply because no one else was ept enough to provide help) has proven his abilities to only be somewhat effective to be "shutdown" mode.
Yet the collection of fresh guys, with fresh eyes, and help over the top,
and disguised zone coverages, as to who's on who, and individual one time plays where the lesser db's will cover those #1's and be effective, until your star db's return, WILL NET!

Will Net a Net gain of effectiveness of the passing defense that may cause the Browns to be a Juggernaut for scoring points against, and give me reason to believe this team can win 3 more games from this alone.

Meaning
I'm saying, that everything the Browns have done in the last TWO WEEKS!!!!!!

To tear down their roster of talent, is going to change my expectations of an 8-8 to 10-6 season, possibily,

Back to a 5-11 to 7-9 season.

And Seriously! I don't know how to deal with the fact, that injuries didn't cause this, The Browns did this on their own.

Their is not an inch of doubt in my mind that the Browns were far and away a much more talented team
Just TWO WEEKS, 2 and a half weeks ago, during the 3rd pre-season game

ON Paper,

And ON the Field

Than they are today, and honestly I don't know

Nobody can know if the Browns are going to waive and add another series of players between today, and tomorrows kickoff, just about exactly 24 hours from now.

The Browns, (if the rules allowed) might be the first team to waive and sign players during a game, opening day, and totally change the makeup of their football team, after kickoff.

Which is unstable.

: There are positives and negatives to analytics, one of the positives of getting more efficient, doesn't make up for one of the negatives where it relates to FOOTBALL:

:Football! Unlike Baseball, is more a result, on individual snaps, of the WHOLE, or the GROUP, working TOGETHER, in UNISON, so that the result on that individual snap helps the team:

Where as

:Baseball! unlike football, Baseball is more a result, on individual pitches, of the Lone Player, One on One, working Himself, to contribute to the groups success by his INDIVIDUAL performance:

So that,

Team chemistry, and continuity, ?

I'm sayin! That the guys around you, the players that line up next to an individual player,
have as much an effect on the outcome of an individual players performance IN FOOTBALL as that own individual players effort does.

And I'm Sayin! That the best way for group improvement is a "COLLECTION" of better players benefiting from having each other around them; and being together for several years.

And That the "LESSER" way for group improvement is the removing of one individual
who's play appears to be at level x
for the hopes that the addition of another individual
may result that his play will appear to be at level better than x.

And if you do ^ That ^, 22 times, you'll be better. Well maybe, in Baseball, but not Football. In Football, having both players will result in both x's to be at a level better than even the 2nd x.

One thing I do know. One thing that hasn't changed, in all the NFL, going back to whenever. When things are bad, to get better,

You gotta keep the team together. Period. THROW LONG.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Hate to agree with Vers and Pit but only 4 wins without Garrett till the 6th game

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Pittsburgh L
@Baltimore L
@Indianapolis W
Cincinnati L
New York Jets W
@Houston W
Tennessee L
Minnesota (London) L
Bye
@Detroit L
Jacksonville W
LA Chargers W
Green Bay L
Baltimore L
@Chicago W
@Pittsburgh L

6 wins it is. It's Kizer's year to develop. Defense will keep things interesting.

The Browns finally have a leader in the building. It won't be long before Jim Schwartz is in charge. Thankfully.
J
All Pro
All Pro
J

I hope your right

Legend
Legend
I believe we will shock the world and do what no other team in the NFL will be able do this season. That's right folks we will win at least four TIMES more games than we did last season. That's something nobody else in the NFL will do.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I can guarantee the Browns will lead the NFL In moral victories again this year.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I'll be happy if they are just fun to watch this year, regardless of record. I've survived the coaching of the likes of Crennel, Shurmur, and Pettine... How much worse could it be?

We could go 0-16 as long as we are 'IN' every game and don't quit then I don't care. I fully expect us to win our share this year, but that number is an absolute question mark at this point. At about 4 weeks into the season we will all know what to expect record wise.

I would love to see things/breaks go our way for a change, but will watch regardless. Go Browns!

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It would be nice if things went our way for a change and we got the breaks. Unfortunately, the bad luck has already started with Myles Garret's injury. I was looking forward to this season more than any in recent memory and then that happened. The Pryor incident, although not nearly as important, didn't help either. Well we'll see. I've been a Browns fan for 50 years it has to change sometime right? superconfused

Legend
Legend
Sadly, I'll admit that the Garrett injury took some wind out of my sails too. Kind of feels like "here we go again". I'm not nearly as excited as I was a week ago .. or in years past

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Legend
Legend
D
I'm going to backtrack now after seeing our product x2. Our defense (yes, minus MG) isn't as violent and dominating as I predicted. Our offensive line is pretty crappy factoring the money, talent and etc focused there. I knew this already and factored it in, but with no run game being open - our QBs are exposed to the stupidity we see (ie, missing throws, holding the ball forever and etc.)

This is not a "I hate the Browns now because we lost again" change, this is a "I accept we have a bad team... again" situation. JMO.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Actually I think the talent level is better than last year. However, being the youngest team in the league doesn't bode well in the execution department. We have a new scheme on D and two new cogs on the OL. We also don't have a RT no matter how much fans scream that we do.

As the season progresses I expect to see improvement. Just not soon enough to have a good record. That's why I predicted 4-12. I'm not a hater either. I've just learned over the decades to make every effort to use my head about this team instead of my heart when trying to look at where we stand.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The Annual Browns W/L Record Prediction Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard