Next Thread
Print Thread
#1326822 10/04/17 11:22 AM
C
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
C
Got waived with injury designation - torn hammy.

Hate this.... I don't understand why they wouldn't IR him. He won't cost a ton. FO/Hue just must not like him a ton...God knows why...best receiver in preseason. Big with speed. Actually caught the one ball thrown to him.

Replaced hi mwith Bryce Triggs from Philly PS?

W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Originally Posted By: CanadaDawg
Got waived with injury designation - torn hammy.

Hate this.... I don't understand why they wouldn't IR him. He won't cost a ton. FO/Hue just must not like him a ton...God knows why...best receiver in preseason. Big with speed. Actually caught the one ball thrown to him.

Replaced hi mwith Bryce Triggs from Philly PS?

I also think it's odd that they didn't IR him. Maybe he didn't want to be - essentially - out for the year.

Legend
Legend
seems like he believes he can play again this year and we probably wanted to IR him. Tough break for him and us

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I was a fan. Tickled when we got him back; sorry to see him leave. Setting up a Yregg/ Kessler type of connection. Or just anybody instead of Britt?

Welcome aboard! Catch some!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Why was he waived????? Because our front office and coaching staff do not have faith in him. That's the bottom line. I for one disagree with them.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
I would disagree too. He made a better catch on one target than anyone I've seen all year.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Legend
Legend
C
How long is the recovery on a torn hamstring?

(I Googled it, but there are no definitive answers.)

If it is months and not weeks, I would have taken the IR (if offered) if I was Leslie. If it is weeks and not months, I would have taken the IR (if offered) if I was Leslie.

Either way, Leslie wasn't going to contribute for a while and we needed the roster spot.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: cfrs15
Either way, Leslie wasn't going to contribute for a while and we needed the roster spot.

Why? It's not like we're actively trying to win games this year - so what's the difference?

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
Analytics at it’s finest.

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I would disagree too. He made a better catch on one target than anyone I've seen all year.

There was that one catch that Duke made on the pass thrown by Hogan. But otherwise yer.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It all depends on how severe the hamstring injury is.
It could be a couple weeks or a couple months. Impossible to even guess with the knowledge we have available to us.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Jester
It all depends on how severe the hamstring injury is.
It could be a couple weeks or a couple months. Impossible to even guess with the knowledge we have available to us.

Could he be signed with us after he's healthy? I don't think he'll garner much interest after rehabbing a torn hammy mid-season.

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
We are desperate for receivers. A guy with a torn hamstring that initially didn't even make the team, does not help. He will be available when healthy, I doubt anyone signs him. The roster needed a healthy body

"The Elf is killing the Curse"
L
Legend
Legend
L
Unfortunate but understandable. Hall now has an opportunity.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: GraffZ06

Why? It's not like we're actively trying to win games this year - so what's the difference?

While we are terrible, we still need playable players. Leslie wasn't going to be able to play for weeks. Britt and Coates are both hurt, we need someone who can play.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Jester
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

There was that one catch that Duke made on the pass thrown by Hogan. But otherwise yer.
good point

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: GMdawg
Why was he waived????? Because our front office and coaching staff do not have faith in him. That's the bottom line. I for one disagree with them.

Just based on the small sample I saw, I agree with you.. But we don't know (perhaps you do) what's going on in the building with him. Lots of gears have to mesh together, maybe his didn't. Dunno

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
It sucks. I wanted him to be one of our starters

I bet you're wondering the samething I did, why O' why didn't I take the...blue pill
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If he was put on IR he would be out the whole year unless the team used one of their 2 designate to return allowances (which isn't likely for a guy who has been on and off the team). By doing the waived/injured thing if they come to an injury settlement he can re-sign with the team 3 weeks after he is considered healthy.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
E
Legend
Legend
E
How long is the recovery on a torn hamstring?

(I Googled it, but there are no definitive answers.)

If it is months and not weeks, I would have taken the IR (if offered) if I was Leslie. If it is weeks and not months, I would have taken the IR (if offered) if I was Leslie.

Depends on the degree of the tear. There are partial tears and then there are tears to the bone.

I do believe the explanation given that we wanted to put him on IR and he did not want to have that done but I think we are at our max in the designate back from IR thingy???

I do like the fact we signed Hall to our Practice Squad.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Jordan Leslie waived again

Link Copied to Clipboard