Print Thread
C
cfrs15 Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
C

^Green^

The game is on FOX. The announcers are Sam Rosen and Ronde Barber.

Why are we watching this game?

http://506sports.com/

P
Legend
Legend
P
Why are we on Fox? 2 AFC Teams?

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, I won't be able to see the Browns this week.

Life is tough. I'll go try to put an arrow in a deer instead. Sounds like a good plan.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope you get a deer and come back to find out the Browns won thumbsup

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
A
Legend
Legend
A
Me too. And my wife and daughter. They are of the opinion/stance that, if you go out, it's like buying meat in a market. They can't understand why sometimes I don't get a deer.

Legend
Legend
Wow I get this one and the Bills are on CBS at the same time. Very rare here.

Please Win.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
Why are we on Fox? 2 AFC Teams?
2 years ago the NFL agreed to have a few games each year switch between FOX/CBS .. I don't know how they designate them though (maybe CBS wanted to ditch this one lol)

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Legend
Legend
E
I will be going to the bar to watch them. Because alcohol, and eye candy. Not because this team is worth paying money to watch. I should just forward all my bar tabs to the browns fo at this point. Because their empty promises suck.

No Craps Given
B
Legend
Legend
B
Hmmmmm. I might love you.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
You will love me even more, because my sports bar of choice at this current time is Hooters. wink All the hot men go to Hooters. And if they want to lend me their shoulders to cry on, thats fine with me. wink

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V

Legend
Legend
We in NW Ohio are being spared this debacle since we're in the Lions catchment area.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
First Browns game I'll be able to watch since the steelers. I can't get the NFL Ticket this year because the NFL sold the streaming rights in Canada, so first time without the Browns in a few years.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
Originally Posted By: archbolddawg
Well, I won't be able to see the Browns this week.

Life is tough. I'll go try to put an arrow in a deer instead. Sounds like a good plan.

lucky you? lol

go to frickers maybe

I`m good with Baker... Playoffs is good enough for me.
L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
i miss the lady that sounds like a dude with a high voice..ok not

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: lampdogg
First Browns game I'll be able to watch since the steelers. I can't get the NFL Ticket this year because the NFL sold the streaming rights in Canada, so first time without the Browns in a few years.

I have the same problem here in Ontario, lamp. I now stream the games on my desktop. Not ideal, but I get most of the game...

Last edited by bbrowns32; 10/05/17 07:14 AM.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
Legend
I am going to the bar out of habit. I am there for the wings, not the enthusiasm for this team. We do want to see MG (Man of Glass?)deal some hurt. Hope he is ready!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
I will be going to the bar to watch them. Because alcohol, and eye candy. Not because this team is worth paying money to watch. I should just forward all my bar tabs to the browns fo at this point. Because their empty promises suck.

All us fans deserve free beer... season ticket holders deserve (and probably need) whiskey lol.

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted By: Dawg_LB
Originally Posted By: EveDawg

All us fans deserve free beer... season ticket holders deserve (and probably need) whiskey lol.

At the other sports bar I sometimes go to, they give everyone a coupon for free wings, if the Falcons win.

So seems Cleveland bars should give a coupon for a free adult beverage if they lose, because when are they ever gonna win? lol

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
I will have to go the bar to watch it as well.. or as I have come to call it...

My own private tour of the pit of misery.. dilly dilly.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: jfanent
We in NW Ohio are being spared this debacle since we're in the Lions catchment area.

Figured that'd happen soon enough.

Stream it is.

Am I the only one that pronounces hyperbole "Hyper-bowl" instead of "hy-per-bo-le"?
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

For years I have fought this battle with WTOL, when the Lions are shown to our area instead of the Browns.

The WTOL station manager always passed the buck to the NFL and told me I need to talk to those in charge within the NFL. WTOL manager claimed he is a Browns fans and knows how frustrated Browns fans are.

The most I could get from WTOL is this explanation in the form of a WTOL Editorial

WTOL manager told me that if I wanted to facilitate any changes in TV coverage I would need to take my concerns to the NFL, which I attempted to do. I could not even get someone from the NFL willing to discuss the issue.

Maybe Browns fans should try to get the Browns owners involved. It would be nice to see Mr and Mrs Haslam help to take the issue up with the NFL, on behalf of Browns fans in NW Ohio.

Maybe Kiser being from Toledo will help move the issue forward. There are going to be some POed Browns fans calling WTOL about 1pm today..if they only had Haslam's cell number...

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
As a Browns fan that lives right in the middle of Cleveland and Pittsburgh, about 20 miles north of Youngstown - I feel your pain. WKBN regularly has the Steelers game instead of the Browns if they are on at the same time.

As a rational human, I can't blame anyone involved in the decision making. The Browns stink and have stunk for decades... why wouldn't I want the better product on my channel?

As a consumer, that's why God invented radio.

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
The Browns are always on WKBN unless the Browns are at home and the steelers are away such as last week. Which I suppose is fair in their mind.

The steelers will also be on more later in the year because WKBN will put the more meaningful game on when we are closing in on playoff time.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
not on in my area....maybe i`ll switch teams for a weekend..

toilet bowl must be pay per view

D
Legend
Legend
D
Its strange that NW Ohio would not be considered Browns territory, because its not like the Lions have ever been anything special in my lifetime. I remember when we were kids here in Cleveland in the 60's, my Dad bought a rooftop motorized directional TV antenna, because everyone said you could pick up Browns home games from the Toledo station (Channel 10?) if you pointed your antenna accurately. (This was when the NFL blacked out all home games, sellout or not.) The antenna didn't work, btw.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
As a consumer, that's why God invented radio.

I thought it was why he invented bars with direct TV's sunday ticket. thumbsup

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
J
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
J
On here in Columbus FOX? HUM, Bills VS Cinn on CBS win win for me

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: mac

For years I have fought this battle with WTOL, when the Lions are shown to our area instead of the Browns.

The WTOL station manager always passed the buck to the NFL and told me I need to talk to those in charge within the NFL. WTOL manager claimed he is a Browns fans and knows how frustrated Browns fans are.

The most I could get from WTOL is this explanation in the form of a WTOL Editorial

WTOL manager told me that if I wanted to facilitate any changes in TV coverage I would need to take my concerns to the NFL, which I attempted to do. I could not even get someone from the NFL willing to discuss the issue.

Maybe Browns fans should try to get the Browns owners involved. It would be nice to see Mr and Mrs Haslam help to take the issue up with the NFL, on behalf of Browns fans in NW Ohio.

Maybe Kiser being from Toledo will help move the issue forward. There are going to be some POed Browns fans calling WTOL about 1pm today..if they only had Haslam's cell number...

There's really nothing the station can do....the NFL has a specific coverage and blackout rule. I believe the catchment area is still 60 miles, and if you're in that team's area they take precedence when schedules coincide. It's been that way forever, and it really used to [censored] me off back in the day when the Browns were good. We used to try and fight the good fight also by calling the networks and the NFL. You probably remember when almost everyone in Toledo used to be a Brown's fan vs. a Lion's fan. It sure isn't that way anymore.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
D
Legend
Legend
D
"Game where most fans will tune off by halftime, or a game where people will watch and I'll get money off advertising" lol, seems like a no-brainer professionally speaking.

L
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
L
they were right...sad to see really

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2017 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 14 Jets 17 Coverage Maps and Announcers

Link Copied to Clipboard