Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
We'll leave the QB's out of this because there is already a ton of debate there. We won't be drafting two top 5 QB's, so who does everyone think the top 5 BPA's are?

This is my BPA list...

1) Quenton Nelson, Guard, Notre Dame
2) Saquan Barkley, RB, Penn St
3) Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
4) Derwin James, FS, Florida St
5) Bradley Chubb DE, NC St

Unfortunately, the No brainer in this draft is at a position that we don't need. We won't be drafting a guard in the first round. Quenton Nelson is special at the guard position though and Although guards usually aren't drafted that high, I'll be shocked if he isn't in the top 10.

Barkley could be in play for us and RB's with his size and speed are rare, but we could also wait till later in a RB heavy draft.

The two safeties are both special, but I think Minkah is a better fit. I prefer his range and ability to also play corner to James who is also athletic, but doesn't have the same speed.

I would doubt that we go Chubb, given that we just spent a high pick on Garret and we have Ogbah on the roster, but I could see the choice if Dorsey thinks he's elite. I think he's really good, but I don't think he's elite.

How do the rest of you see it? Who should/shouldn't be on this list?

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Saquon Barkley, RB Penn St.
Bradley Chubb, DE N.C. State
Minkah Fitzpatrick, S/CB Ala.
Bryce Love, RB Stanford
Derwin James, SS Florida State

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Quinten Nelson
Denzel Ward
Bradley Chubb
Darius Guice

you had a good run Hank.
Legend
Legend
Fitzpatrick
Chubb
Barkley
James

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
1.) Saquan Barkley, RB, Penn St
2.) Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
3.) Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
4.) Derwin James, FS, Florida St
5.) Denzel Ward CB Ohio State

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
It's hard to argue with any of those choices. Does anyone have any commentary on their order or reasons?

Three different RB's in the different top 5's is agreeing with my opinion that RB is deep in the draft this year.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc

1.) Saquan Barkley, RB, Penn St ... Best RB in the draft and with Crow all but gone we improve our run game big time with Barkley.

2.) Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama ... FS is a must and this Guy is the best of the best and he is there for us to take.

3.) Calvin Ridley WR Alabama ... Best WR in this draft and is worthy of a top 10-15 Pick we could trade down and get him.

4.) Derwin James, FS, Florida St ... if we miss on Fitz this guy is as athletic and tough as anyone at FS/SS we could also trade down for him. ..

5.) Denzel Ward CB Ohio State ... Once again best CB in this draft and once again could trade down and get him.

Last edited by PastorMarc; 01/03/18 11:25 AM.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Your top 5 non QB prospects?

Link Copied to Clipboard