Print Thread
#1385970 01/05/18 10:56 AM
K
Knight Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
Very interesting...maybe some light on why Garrapollo was let go on the cheap.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hot...-power-struggle

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Damage Control:

Thing of note, the article seems to be from the perspective of Bill. The author did not mention him in any negative way, but had no problem doing it to Kraft or Brady.

M
Legend
Legend
M
This will likely only further galvanize the Pats.

Chalk them up for another Super Bowl win.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Pretty interesting read. Thanks for posting.

At one time, it looked like the ideal succession plan was in place for the Patriots: Josh McDaniels would take over as HC, he would continue to work with Nick Caserio as the GM, and Garoppolo would be the quarterback.

Now, Garoppolo is obviously gone and things don't fall so neatly beyond that either. We'll see what happens. It might not be ideal but Belichick and the Krafts have done such an outstanding job in New England that they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Legend
Legend
Ironically, Brady's ability to play at such a high level has actually worked against them in some ways (obviously, winning the Super Bowl is a great trade off) ... but giving up Jimmy G and having Brady appear to have a bigger ego will spell trouble for the future

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cracking? If only it were true. Maybe we can convince Kraft to take our second round picks for Brady and next year's first & second rounders for Belichick. Rosen can sit behind the master for a year or two and Belichick can finish out his career here and win us a few Super Bowls along the way. Oh to dream. But it ain't happening. Think are just fine in Patriot's land.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"I am undeterred and I am undaunted." --Kevin Stefanski

"Big hairy American winning machines." --Baker Mayfield

#gmstrong
K
Knight Offline OP
All Pro
OP Offline
All Pro
K
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
Ironically, Brady's ability to play at such a high level has actually worked against them in some ways (obviously, winning the Super Bowl is a great trade off) ... but giving up Jimmy G and having Brady appear to have a bigger ego will spell trouble for the future

Thought the same thing. After there were suggestions of Brady's decline last year then he engineered that dramatic superbowl win I knew there was no way Jimmy would be handed the reigns outside of injury.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Come Home to Cleveland Bill Bellichic!

Bill Bellichic could have the Browns in the playoffs in 1.5 years or less, and if in the playoffs, the Super Bowl is on the table, even these 2016 and 2017 Browns would have been playoff, or at least playoff almost, with Bill.

Best possible Bizarro World, not really Bizarro, if Bill somehow wanted to prove the truth to the world, that he is the reason for Brady's and the Patriots success, year in and year out,
Which is true.

He could come to the Browns and the Browns could win the Super Bowl, in 4 years or less.

And if you think there is an ounce of disingenuous -ness in this, then you don't understand, Me, the NFL, or What wins in the NFL.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
After reading the article, if half of what was said is accurate I definitely side with Belicheck.

BpG #1386362 01/05/18 06:50 PM
C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: BpG
After reading the article, if half of what was said is accurate I definitely side with Belicheck.

Brady has gone mental with the diet and exercise stuff.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Is there proof that this article is true?

Are there any quotes from BB, Brady, or Kraft?

I could read it, but don't feel like wasting my time. If I hear there are actual quotes from the 3 major players, I'll change my mind and read it.

Legend
Legend
Even if this was true, I wish we’d have patriot problems.

5 sb wins, 7 SB appearances, I dunno how many division titles and playoff games.

Yea, if they’re cracking, I wish we could crack like that.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
So would you give up the #4 pick for Bill? I'm trying to tell myself it's a bad idea, but I haven't been able to do it yet.

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
So would you give up the #4 pick for Bill? I'm trying to tell myself it's a bad idea, but I haven't been able to do it yet.

In a second.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I will ask again. Are there any quotes from Brady, BB, or Kraft in this article? What about from the agents of the players? Any quotes that prove this is true?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I will ask again. Are there any quotes from Brady, BB, or Kraft in this article? What about from the agents of the players? Any quotes that prove this is true?

In the time you spent asking this question twice, you could've read the article or googled the question.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for answering.

Have any of you guys considered that perhaps NE wanted to keep Jimmy G and were willing to pay him big money, but that negotiations fell through because maybe---just maybe-------Jimmy G wanted to be a starting NFL QB and the Pats were forced to trade him at the trade deadline in order to get some sort of a return on their investment?

Is that far-fetched? LOL

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Thanks for answering.

Have any of you guys considered that perhaps NE wanted to keep Jimmy G and were willing to pay him big money, but that negotiations fell through because maybe---just maybe-------Jimmy G wanted to be a starting NFL QB and the Pats were forced to trade him at the trade deadline in order to get some sort of a return on their investment?

Is that far-fetched? LOL

Spoiler alert: The article talks about them negotiating with Jimmy G at the tune of 18 mil a year, but it not being accepted and them trading him at the deadline to get a return on their investment.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Are you in a bad mood tonight?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C

No, I just don't like when people bask in their own ignorance.

V
Legend
Legend
V

No, I just don't like when people bask in their own ignorance.

Nice.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Interesting article. Bill gave the okay to trade to 49ers since he liked Shanahan.

I'm quite sure this is legit. ESPN doesn't do fake news, but I do wonder what criticisms there are against Bill.

Legend
Legend
Overall I thought it was a good article... to me everything in it could be believable... thought it was interesting tha tom allegedly needs to be MVP for the week to feel validated... I still think the pats screwed the pooch by trading jimmy... they better pray they can draft a replacement...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted By: cfrs15

In a second.

Throw in two second rounders, too. I wouldn't care which ones.

HC and QB are the two most important pieces for a winning franchise.

V
Legend
Legend
V
How much do you wanna bet that none of this crap happens and that all 3 will be together next year?

Seriously.............pm me w/the amount you want wager.

M
Legend
Legend
M
What a ridiculous wager and I'm not certain how you seem to believe I think they won't be together next year. It's extremely likely they will. PM you? Stop it.

Read my first post in this thread.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Wow! Why are you so angry?

I read your last post. I read some of the last couple of posts.

I think this is being over blown.

I think all 3 will be together next year.

Not sure what upset you so much???? Seriously.

M
Legend
Legend
M
What? Upset? Not in the least.

I found your request to wager odd, let alone to PM you an amount.

Have a nice night. thumbsup

V
Legend
Legend
V
Odd? How so?

I mentioned a PM so we wouldn't clutter the board.

I am just saying that I think that Kraft, BB, and TB will all be part of the Pats next year.

What is so odd about that?

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I can only hope that something changes in the Pats organization
Odd? How so?

I mentioned a PM so we wouldn't clutter the board.

I am just saying that I think that Kraft, BB, and TB will all be part of the Pats next year.

What is so odd about that?

I agree with you unfortunately. I'm so sick of that team.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The biggest thing I have taken away from this whole Patriots saga is that evidently Sashi Brown had called the Pats (Bill) multiple times enquiring about Jimmy G. Brown said he would put a package together than included a first round pick and other stuff.. each time he was told Jimmy G isn't on the market... Eventually Brown said if they changed their mind to call him.. a few days later he was traded to the 49ers for a second, without a phone call to Brown...

yebat' Putin
D
Legend
Legend
D
Never sounded like we even had a chance to bargain for Jimmy or be in the picture to acquire him... regardless what we had to offer, did and etc.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Patriots cracking?

Link Copied to Clipboard