Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
We know OC is one, but what about the other 7?

Al Saunders - Sr. Offensive Assistant/Wide Receivers - I would think he'd be safe.

David Lee - Quarterbacks Coach - We didn't see a ton of improvement at QB, but we saw some.

Kirby Wilson - Running Backs/Run Game Coordinator, The running game actually did pretty well when we didn't abandon it.

Bob Wylie - Offensive Line - The line played well but he was part of Hue's coup on Sashi and that might be enough to be fired.

Mark Hutson - Assistant Offensive Line - Could get Wylie's job, could go with Wylie? I don't know enough about him to make any guess.

Greg Seamon - Tight Ends - Hard to say for how little we use the TE.

Bob Saunders - Offensive Quality Control/Assistant Wide Receivers Coach - He has a KC connection, but that was before Dorsey.

Brian Braswell - Coaching Assistant - Who?

Gregg Williams - Defensive Coordinator - I would think he would be safe.

Clyde Simmons - Defensive Line - The D line played well. Especially the young guys.

DeWayne Walker - Defensive Backs - Half the DB's did well, half did not. Tough call.

Blake Williams - Linebackers - I don't think most people understand how tough the responsibilities that GW gave our LB's this year were. He probably stays in my opinion.

Ken Delgado - Assistant Defensive Line

Eric Sanders - Defensive Quality Control

Jerod Kruse - Assistant Defensive Backs

Chris Tabor - Special Teams Coordinator - Probably gone, but I think he has a Haslam sex tape.

Shawn Mennenga - Special Teams Assistant Coach - Who?

Stan Watson - Special Teams Quality Control - Again who?

Anyone have any guesses or insight?

Knowing what we are looking for will help us figure out who we might be looking at.

Last edited by DeputyDawg; 01/08/18 07:06 PM.
R
Legend
Legend
R
Which 7 are open?

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Rishuz
Which 7 are open?

That's what I'm asking.

Any speculation?

Legend
Legend
we had a TE coach here a few years ago who I liked. Cant remember the name of him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
E
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
E
I don't know any easy way to search the forum but I posted my speculation about the who stays/goes from the staff earlier.....just don't remember which thread it was in or how to easily find it....

There was an article earlier that mentioned the Browns were gonna purge a bunch of coaches anyone have the link?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I think that tweet was a hit piece to create page views. Essentially what Tony Grossi does for a living.

Anyway, I didn't mind the defensive staff, just the scheme they played with. I really like the offensive staff, but I wish they had an offensive coordinator who they can bounce ideas off of. They're still calling plays like it's 2012. They just need one guy imo.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I saw that article, but I didn't think it contained quotes from anyone w/the Browns and it was just speculation. Maybe I'm wrong. If so, I will apologize.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I guess i missed something,,,,since when do we have 8 openings?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted By: CHSDawg
I think that tweet was a hit piece to create page views. Essentially what Tony Grossi does for a living.

Anyway, I didn't mind the defensive staff, just the scheme they played with. I really like the offensive staff, but I wish they had an offensive coordinator who they can bounce ideas off of. They're still calling plays like it's 2012. They just need one guy imo.

I'm going to hijack the thread for a second. It doesn't make much sense anyway.

Grossi the writer is a petty child. Grossi the radio personality is awesome. It's like the guy has split personalities. He is absolutely awesome on the radio. Calm, logical, great insight. Puts guys like Rizzo and Hammer in their place. Really, really enjoy him on the radio.

Not sure what happens when pen hits paper, but it's quite the contrast.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I just did a search. Here is the one thing that popped up;

Quote:
Mike Jurecki‏Verified account @mikejurecki

#Browns GM John Dorsey will be making coaching decisions in Cleveland and they could let go of eight assistant coaches tomorrow. per source
9:50 PM - 31 Dec 2017

https://twitter.com/mikejurecki/status/947706633576054785?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Eios%7Ctwgr%5Ecom.apple.UIKit.activity.Message

I don't think this report is all that reputable.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
I'm completely out of the Cleveland sports radio scene. I didn't even realize he still had his radio show. I also have no idea who Rizzo or Hammer are. All I know is Dustin Fox has a radio show and, like the others, I've never listened to it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
I guess i missed something,,,,since when do we have 8 openings?

It's just wishful thinking by a certain group of posters on the board.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Given his roots, how could Dorsey not want to kill ST coaches and upgrade. Shocked Tabor was kept, can't imagine a QC coach earned his beans for the unit this season, and I thin it is your training ground for youngster and keepers. Has to be upside, and this is a relatively quick fix for the FO. Some of the titles are laughable given what I saw on the field. No doubt that they tried. No doubt some should stop now.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
I've struggled to figure out how Tabor has made it through so many coaching changes. I know he's done things in other places, but has he done anything here?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: DeputyDawg
I've struggled to figure out how Tabor has made it through so many coaching changes. I know he's done things in other places, but has he done anything here?

I think that in itself is telling.

I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to analysing coaches and their capabilities. The fact that he has survived either means he's pretty good at his job or he does in fact have a Haslam sex tape.

Which one of those is more likely?

Just on balance of probability here - If the top of the roster is so devpoid of "players", how good is the bottom? Because that is essentially what the dude is working with.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Tabor is pretty good. I think he was hurt by the moronic roster moves of Sashi Brown. A lot of good special team's players were cut by Sashi and we had guys like Louis pretending he was trying to tackle guys.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: Versatile Dog
I think Tabor is pretty good. I think he was hurt by the moronic roster moves of Sashi Brown. A lot of good special team's players were cut by Sashi and we had guys like Louis pretending he was trying to tackle guys.

I agree. Most teams keep a couple of veteran special teams guys, like we used to. When we went full rebuild, we dumped guys like Benjamin, Poyer, and Bademosi, who were cornerstone special teams guys, and shockingly, special teams suffered.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
It's pretty common that the ST coach gets to "save" one guy from the cut list to keep on his special teams. I am not sure he was allowed to do that this past season.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
It's pretty common that the ST coach gets to "save" one guy from the cut list to keep on his special teams. I am not sure he was allowed to do that this past season.

That's how Tank Carder made the team for many years running.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Well we know 4 spots now, so this is starting to get legs.

OC
QB coach
WR coach
ST coach

Are there 4 more to go?

Who knows at this point.

Legend
Legend
Usually an OC gets to pick his position coaches, so they teach what aligns with his offense.

Given that we are adding position coached 1st, I think that we are going to stand pat with Hue calling plays.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
BDU Offline
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Usually an OC gets to pick his position coaches, so they teach what aligns with his offense.

Given that we are adding position coached 1st, I think that we are going to stand pat with Hue calling plays.

If so, I don't understand the point in any of these changes.

The point of brining in an OC was because Jackson was doing things that were simply unacceptable. He was refusing to run the ball, his run game was overly one-dimensional in regards to only running between the tackles, the passing was obscenely aggressive in running vertical concepts, the clock management was woeful, there were too many gimmick plays that didn't work, too many formation that made no sense and a general feeling that the head coach was dividing his time too much.

The whole idea of changes was to change things, not to reshuffle the positional coaches only for the source of the problem to continue.

This is why people are starting to nickname Jackson "Huebris." If after two years he still isn't willing to see reason in where the problem has been, then he's only nailing his own coffin.

B
Legend
Legend
B
With these moves, I think it is pretty clear Jimmy has told him the score and he better make some changes.

JMO

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Any speculation on the 8 open jobs on the Browns

Link Copied to Clipboard