Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
The plan: I have already created a spreadsheet of NFL draft prospects. The plan is to find a decent scouting report template and allow the guys that normally watch film on prospects to grade prospects using the same template. I'll then add all of those grades to the spreadsheet and make that spreadsheet available to anyone.

I have a pretty extensive list and have copied these prospects from another database. For example, here is the list of QBs:

Sam Darnold
Josh Rosen
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Josh Allen
Kurt Benkert
Mason Rudolph
Luke Falk
Kyle Lauletta
Mike White
Brandon Silvers
J.T. Barrett
Riley Ferguson
Nick Stevens
Nic Shimonek
Jeremiah Briscoe
Quinton Flowers
Tanner Lee
Logan Woodside
Luis Perez
Austin Allen
Peter Pujals
Kevin Anderson
John O'Korn
Brogan Roback
Bryan Schor
Brandon Harris
Kyle Bolin
Danny Etling
Matt Linehan
Tyler Rogers
Hunter Wells
Taylor Lamb
Max Browne
Richard Lagow
Chad Kanoff
DeVante Kincade
Malik Rosier
Blake Barnett
Alex McGough
Tanner Mangum
Mark Cato
Mitch Kimble
Kenny Hill
Troy Cook
Connor Mitch
Hayden Rettig
Parker Boehme
Michael Keir
John Wolford
Thomas Woodson
Bryant Shirreffs
Tyrell Maxwell
Chris Streveler
Keaton Studsrud
Jake Sisson
Andrew Elffers
Brandon Cox
Kent Myers
Brice Ramsey
Al Cobb
Jake Jatis

If anyone sees a prospect that needs to be added or removed from that list, let me know.

I'm looking for a template that has a spot for an overall score. I'll turn the template into a google form that people can enter online. The score will go on the spreadsheet with a link to the entire scouting report for everyone to view. The spreadsheet will average all of the scores and rank players at their respective positions based on those average scores. If anyone has suggestions for a template, please let me know.

This is going to be a lot of work and it will only work if there is enough interest from others doing the scouting. I have a feeling that my own time will be taken up quite a bit managing the spreadsheet, so I won't be able to scout much this year.

So before I go too far into this, I need to gauge the interest. How many people are self scouting players and are willing to contribute? There are a good 300 prospects in any draft so scouting about 50 prospects over the next couple of months is a lot more valuable then scouting about 5. If I can get a dozen or so guys scouting about 50 players a piece, we can hopefully get multiple reports on most of the players.

Also, with some help, I might be able to add combine numbers for each prospect to the spreadsheet as well as player rankings from other sites as well. If someone else has some talents with google sheets and wants to help with this, it would be appreciated.

Everyone let me know what your thoughts are and if you want to contribute.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Draftster has a pretty basic template you can download, I don’t know how extensive you want to go. I hand write mine if I do them, notes more or less, when I have time. I get some ideas for what to note and remember from the book.... football scouting methods.... by Steve Belichick, Bills dad. It isn’t really a evaluation scouting book more on scouting your opponent but gives me an idea on how to watch football.

If you or anyone else finds a decent template can they put it in a PDF or something we can download or copy? That would be very appreciated.

Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
Yeah, if we can agree on one, I can make a downloadable/printable version.

The most important thing is that it has a scoring system so we can average scores.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft The 2018 Dawgtalkers draft Project

Link Copied to Clipboard