Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I've noticed a number of my post being deleted in the political forum when I'm being adversarial. I'm not going to say this is a taking sides thing or a left right thing because I don't believe it is.

But I would like to know what guidelines you are using to randomly delete posts. I know it can't be name calling because I get called names all the time. It can't be belittling because the opposite side does that every chance they get... so what is it?

I don't want to waste time writing posts just to have them deleted for no apparent reason, so if you could give me a list of reasons that are being applied equally and fairly to all sides of the political debate, I'd appreciate that.

If posts are breaking long established board rules, which many do in that forum, I understand that too but would like clarification of why some stay up and others don't.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/14/18 12:27 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Quote:
But I would like to know what guidelines you are using to randomly delete posts.

That answer would be none.

If your referring to the post you made asking another member if they were really that stupid, then that falls under name calling. PLEASE do not resort to name-calling, as this does nothing to back up the validity of your point. It's not necessary and is totally out of line for you to call another poster an "idiot" or a "moron", just because they have a different opinion than yours.

The other post you had deleted this month was the one where you were laughing about another poster linking to a known hacking website.

I see and hear everything. Now where did I put my white cane, and my hearing aid?
M
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
M
So why did my post responding to him (and the one I responded to got deleted also) get deleted?

WE DON'T NEED A QB BEFORE WE GET A LINE THAT CAN PROTECT HIM
my two cents...
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
When one post is deleted there are often a string of posts removed. That post is removed and any posts responding to it are removed automatically also.

I will add that MANY posters, including the poster starting this thread, are often on the thin line of name calling/personal attacks in the politics forum. I would suggest finding another way to communicate your opinions without feeling the need to infer others are not intelligent because they don't agree with you. This reflects more upon you than it does them. Moderators, as always, are free to use their discretion when it crosses the line.

R
All Pro
All Pro
R
Neither his post or yours were deleted. They were moved to the Referee's forum so all of the moderators here could see them, and be able to answer any questions that might be asked, or to be able to talk about them amongst ourselves. If we move a post to that forum any replies to that post also get moved automatically.

I see and hear everything. Now where did I put my white cane, and my hearing aid?
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So asking somebody that is intentionally acting as if they don't know something that they did know (which I think he was) if they are really that stupid is name calling? That's a mighty fine line, but okay I can accept that. I do however expect 'name calling' to be a reason other posts get deleted. So when I'm called a libtard, elitist, snowflake, sissy half-man, etc.; I would consider those all names equally as bad as stupid, idiot, and moron wouldn't you?

My honest opinion, and this is not a complaint just telling you how I feel, is that in the political forum everything should be fair game because that is the nature of the beast in the real world right now.

Thanks for the response.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/14/18 05:42 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
R
Feel free to report anyone calling you those names. I see that repeatedly done when posters are calling groups of people in general those names, which is not the same as calling a poster that name. Snowflake is a term being used by both sides that I’m quickly getting tired of, so yes, that may be removed soon.

We are not going to allow the forum to totally disintegrate into what you are requesting. The “fair game” you are asking for will never exist on this board. I suggest you seek out a political unmoderated message board if you are looking for that type of experience. This is not that place.

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Just saw this thread. Thanks for giving us some insight! As someone who has had a post or two removed, it's nice to know you just deleted my post instead of suspending. Especially that time I told someone he eats the plastic film with his hungry man meal.

Legend
Legend
Quote:
Especially that time I told someone he eats the plastic film with his hungry man meal.

The plastic film is usually the best tasting part of one of those meals. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:
Especially that time I told someone he eats the plastic film with his hungry man meal.

At the very least, it’s the healthiest part.

#GMSTRONG
C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Quote:

I'm team cardboard packaging, but I really need the fiber.

M
Legend
Legend
M
to be clear ... calling a group of people, off which we have some posters as known members, derogatory names is cool? And that's different than calling the individual a derogatory name?

If I'm a liberal I'm allowed to be offended if someone specifically calls me a libtard, but I should remain joyful if someone simply refers to all liberals as libtards? I think that's what you're suggesting.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Quote:
If I'm a liberal I'm allowed to be offended if someone specifically calls me a libtard, but I should remain joyful if someone simply refers to all liberals as libtards? I think that's what you're suggesting.

It's different, because when addressed as a group, you have the support of the other libtards. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Everyone has posts deleted from time to time, whether individually or as part of a message string. Just remember the atmosphere here is meant to be family safe, and sometimes we get carried away.

If you have a post deleted that you don't think should have been deleted, is that really such a big deal?

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fan Feedback Forum Deleting post in political forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard