Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I agree with you on Fitzpatrick, and Derwin James. Felt he played pretty good at free safety, and he has versatility to him like Fitz does. He’s better at some things then Fitz is and vice versa. The thing that intrigues. Me about James is what Williams thinks he is. I read something last year that he wanted Obi Melinfonwu, possibly seeing a(and I know this really isn’t a fair comp.) Sean Taylor like player in him, could he see something similar in James?

C
~
Legend
~
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: dean_fairchild
That’s where he played(from the tape I’ve watched), most of the time, nickle and dime corner, I did go back to 2016 and watched the LSU game and one other and he did play deep safety then, looked much better doing it too. He also played on punt coverage and was exceptional doing that.

I like the versatility, but still don’t see him as a top 5 pick, but understand why some like him that high.

Minkah lined up at FS a lot in 2016. This past year he was used in a lot of different ways. Saban said at the Senior Bowl that Minkah's best NFL position is FS.

P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
He did. And he had a lot a ints. But his ints are all people tend to go off rather than watching film. Most of them essentially bounced into his lap. That said I don't have every tape on him and for a fs you really need all 22 tape. I just wish he flew to the ball. I don't see that from him in coverage like he does against the run.

K
kwhip Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
K
Originally Posted By: dean_fairchild
That’s where he played(from the tape I’ve watched), most of the time, nickle and dime corner, I did go back to 2016 and watched the LSU game and one other and he did play deep safety then, looked much better doing it too. He also played on punt coverage and was exceptional doing that.

I like the versatility, but still don’t see him as a top 5 pick, but understand why some like him that high.

I'm not being an Ass. But can you SHOW me some Film to where you can actually SEE him playing Deep Safety.

Really. I'm not being an ASS. But of 100,000 football games I've ever watched, every single one has the camera on the Lines of Scrimmage and the QB.

Last edited by kwhip; 02/01/18 06:30 PM.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Minkah vs clemson

Cant remember if this is his worst deep game but he generally had a terrible one almost single handedly giving away the game with poor tackling, playing scared and soft in zone.

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Most of 2016 he was playing deep safety, not like Gregg Williams had Peppers playing deep but a normal deep safety position.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Fixing the Secondary Without Minkah-Fitzpatrick?

Link Copied to Clipboard