Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Vambo Offline OP
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Do you believe Hue Jackson is a quarterback expert?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/17/18 10:36 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I'm going with no. We must use Occam's Razor (the simplest explanation possible) to analyze this. Occam's Razor dictates to look at the facts.

The times he's actively tried to get a guy or explicitly signed off (Palmer, RGIII, Kessler, Kizer) they've failed.

The times he's come into a situation with a QB chosen for him (Dalton) he's done well.

Now maybe it will work. It seems that the GM gets final say over Hue.

At the same time, maybe he's best suited for OC to help groom a QB? That's how he got Dalton to produce.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Nice to split two no choices but only provide one yes choice, that ought to help the yes's out.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Maybe he is a Qb expert, maybe that's why he can't win a blasted game, maybe he's trying to rely too much on his expertise.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
He had 6 qb's here and couldn't whisper one of them up to win more than a single game in 32 tries.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Went with who knows... he's had crap to work with.... can't turn a pile of crap into a NFL qb.... maybe he's not a whisper but I think he I still a good qb coach.... let's hope we can get some more talent

<><

#gmstrong
S
Legend
Legend
S
I don't think he's the most qualified guy in the NFL on QB's..

But I do believe he has a very good offensive mind, and I think he's good with quarterbacks.

However, there is a huge difference between being good overall with the offense, and being a leader of 53+ men, and a staff of coaches, all of whom are counting on you to make them successful in a league where a lot of these guys aren't guaranteed anything other than their current season.

It's an insanely hard and demanding job, and there are only 32 of them in the world. I don't even know if there are 32 guys good enough for those positions.

I hope I am wrong, but I don't think Hue is good enough for the job, and this is coming from someone who believed in him for a long time.

The front office is banking on him showing all of us wrong once the talent level catches up to some of these other teams.

I thought as the season went on last year, Hue Jackson put Deshone Kizer in better position to make plays. I'll give him that. Decision making and accuracy didn't really improve, and I think accuracy isn't on Jackson, that's on Kizer, and his own personal deveopment. The decision making I think you can put some of that on the coach. It's his job to make his decision making better, especially with how young and raw Kizer is. There's room for improvement with young guys, and we should have seen more.

B
Legend
Legend
B
No. His handling of Kizer was about as bad as it gets. There was nothing good about that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Ballpeen
No. His handling of Kizer was about as bad as it gets. There was nothing good about that.

Same reason why I said no. How he handled all the qbs from Kizer, Hogan and Kessler since his time here has been strange and surely destroying of one(s) confidence in themselves as opposed to helping them prosper. The improvement displayed has been minimal.

As stated above, he's worked with six and couldn't get much wins. Noone is saying he had the best to work with, but sheesh.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk K-9 Consensus Do you believe Hue Jackson is a quarterback expert?

Link Copied to Clipboard