Print Thread
#1409131 02/21/18 10:05 PM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

I never get tired of cute babies =)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R

There is just something about giggling babies that restores joy to my heart. Today was just one of those days and I hope other will have a light day after watching these videos =)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Couple of things:

My wife is a twin. Biologically, she and her sis are not identical. In real life? They are.

Dogs protecting? Our dog is 21 pounds of "pet me. Like me. Pet me." Right up until he's not comfortable with how someone approaches my wife or Sooga. He, at that time, becomes 21 lbs of "I'll rip your arm off, or die trying".

But he's not mean or aggressive if he doesn't feel the need. Just had my cousin's 7 year old twins over Sunday night for a sleep over (as they call it). Those 2 and the dog got along better than anyone can imagine. Even "Arch, can Hunter sleep with us?"

Cats. We've had many, and all but 1 were good to me. (1 only liked my daughter. Not a single human being on the face of the earth was 'good', other than my daughter - at least in that cat's eyes).

Milo - indoors, or outdoors. She always came when called. When I walked in the house if she was inside? She'd follow me to wherever I went, and then sit beside me.

When my daughter was young and I put her in bed? Milo would sit on the floor, listening to me read, or tell a story, or pray. I'd tell Sooga good night and walk out of her bedroom. Milo would jump on her bed.

I promise, whether it was 10 minutes later, or 40 minutes later, Milo would come downstairs to let me know Sooga was asleep. (and I checked it out for weeks - if Milo hadn't come downstairs - Sooga was still awake.)

Then, Milo would lay on my chest til I fell asleep. Hardly ever did I wake up with her in the bedroom. She'd make sure Sooga was asleep, make sure I was asleep, and then she'd go somewhere to sleep herself.

And the best cat of all? Sammy. I'll stop here. Don't want to bore people with facts about the best cat ever.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I've never had an aggressive dog. My previous dog barked at strangers at the door, but that was it.

Huskies?

My huskies just want to invite strangers to the party.

Because that's how they roll.

"Come on in! We love you!"

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E

These mongrels. wink

They are so ferocious looking. They will eat your face.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I prob love dogs more than people ^^

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I absolutely love laughing babies!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
<---------- This is one ferocious dog there. He ate Santa for his hat. rofl

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Today at the Starbucks someone had a cane corso.

It was a beautiful dog and well trained.

I never saw one in person before.

Much love for that breed.

That's a dog who really will eat your face lol.

No Craps Given
E
Legend
Legend
E
Also, I would love to have this topic of discussion (for dog lovers) : is docking tails/ears cruel.

Because cane corso look like straight up assassins with their stuff cropped.

Their natural look isn't as hardcore.

Maybe we need another thread for that.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I don't agree with ear cropping at all. I don't like tail docking but with certain breeds I can understand it. For instance I owned a blue great dane who was 170 plds and I didn't have his tail cut off. His tail though was a major nuisance especially to me. Why? He was so tall that his tail's natural height level as at my crotch. That tail was so long and thick it was like getting hit by a whip in the nuts whenever he got too excited. It actually left marks on my wife to the point she hated him because his tail would leave bruises on her. I had young kids and his tail would hurt them too and knock them over.

So yes, with some of the bigger dogs that have whip like tails I think it's best to dock it off. Otherwise I think it's cruel and unnecessary.

Legend
Legend
I'm not a fan at all of cropping/docking anything on an animal.

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Tulsa
I'm not a fan at all of cropping/docking anything on an animal.

Yes, very cruel.

BTW, what is that?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Today's young HUNK ! LOL

Legend
Legend
I don’t recognize her.

#GMSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
I don't know who he is, either. Ahem.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Looks like a girl to me with that bone structure but who knows these days.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
You ever had a 170 lb great dane tail whip you in the nuts? It might, I mean it just might change your mind after the 10th time and you have to start wearing a cup at home ...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted By: Razorthorns
You ever had a 170 lb great dane tail whip you in the nuts? It might, I mean it just might change your mind after the 10th time and you have to start wearing a cup at home ...

And I'm sure the Great Dane was thinking, 'You should chop my tail off incase I accidentally hit you in the nuts with it.' Then you take him to get neutered too...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: OldColdDawg

And I'm sure the Great Dane was thinking, 'You should chop my tail off incase I accidentally hit you in the nuts with it.' Then you take him to get neutered too...

Sigh, I just can't handle ignorant snark like that anymore. Well this thread used to be about having a smile but some around here have other agendas ... might as well close the thread refs.

E
Legend
Legend
E
So I read up on cropping ears and found this video about how to tape their ears. Apparently you have to tape their ears for a whole year after the surgery, to get them to stand up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxbsjsrrzrs

First: The dog in that video, has the most patience I've ever seen. My dogs would be like Oh Hell No. See Ya. I'm Outta Here.

Second: Why just why. This all seem stupid. If you want a dog with pointy ears then get that breed that has it naturally.

I don't think I could ever do this to a dog. I guess if I wanted to adopt one that already had it done that would be ok.

But not me doing it to them.

No Craps Given
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I agree with you Eve 100%. I know it started back when people thought it was healthier for the dog to avoid ear infections but they proved that idea wrong a long time ago. I personally hope they ban it here in the states eventually.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I am pretty sure it's never going to change in this country as long as the AKC recognizes cropping/docking as part of the breed standard and supports it.

Sad but true.

http://www.akc.org/press-center/press-releases/akc-statement-on-avma-crop-and-dock-policy/

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend

No, I can’t say I have. I prefer to keep my horses in a pasture, not my house. wink

I did have an Irish Setter who had a tail of destruction, expecially around a Christmas tree. Rhett was his name. He was the last large dog I ever owned. I found the joy of owning 20lb dogs. Schnauzers, Boston Terriers, Poodles, all great dogs, smart and they live long lives. Oh, and their poop is small too! thumbsup

#GMSTRONG
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Originally Posted By: Tulsa

No, I can’t say I have. I prefer to keep my horses in a pasture, not my house. wink

I did have an Irish Setter who had a tail of destruction, expecially around a Christmas tree. Rhett was his name. He was the last large dog I ever owned. I found the joy of owning 20lb dogs. Schnauzers, Boston Terriers, Poodles, all great dogs, smart and they live long lives. Oh, and their poop is small too! thumbsup

Nothing wrong with liking what you like. I don't believe a person should own a dog though if your going to keep it outside because that is far more harmful to the dog's mental health than losing a tail or part of the ear at a young age because all dogs are pack animals and when you force them out and away from the pack aka your family then it really causes them emotional pain.

I am not that found of little dogs because I have big feet and I am a very big man and those little suckers like to dart in front of your feet and the last one I stepped on ended up seriously hurt which made me feel terrible. Bigger dogs seem to know to stay out of my way better which is something I like. I also like how many big dogs seem to be much calmer and laid back once they hit age 3. Great danes really turn into giant cuddly couch potatoes and I love them to death =)

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted By: EveDawg
Also, I would love to have this topic of discussion (for dog lovers) : is docking tails/ears cruel.

Yes. Boxers, Great Danes, Dobermans etc for ears and the various dogs whose tails they dock all look better when left alone. It has also already been banned in other countries.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Smiles are BACK!!! This is cool!

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Who needs a smile =)

Link Copied to Clipboard