Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I actually like Belichick's attire there. It says to me: 'I'm going to wear what's comfortable and I don't give a ... what you think.' I can respect that.

Dorsey just needs to buy a brand of pants that's a little less baggy. Maybe go for the 32 inseam instead of the 34.. I've done worse.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: BpG
How am I supposed to have any confidence in a man that can't even dress himself? This guy looks like he just lost 100lbs.

I was just listening to Cleveland Browns Daily while walking my dog and The Miz was just saying how Cleveland had some great tailors.

Someone's gotta help John Dorsey out here

UCONN HUSKIES 2014 Champions of Basketball
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
Here’s a question for this board, how do you think the analytics will factor into the decision at the QB position in the draft? Which QB does analytics favor? And in the end will Dorsey pick the best QB from an analytics point of view or go with the guy he likes the best, if it’s s different guy?

Last edited by dean_fairchild; 03/27/18 11:12 AM.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't know if anyone can answer these questions until following the draft.

Mayfield is an analytics dream. If we pick Mayfield, then I say yes, he picks using analytics. I don't think we pick Mayfield.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: dean_fairchild
Here’s a question for this board, how do you think the analytics will factor into the decision at the QB position in the draft? Which QB does analytics favor? And in the end will Dorsey pick the best QB from an analytics point of view or go with the guy he likes the best, if it’s s different guy?

Everything I've heard, when it comes to analytics, says Baker Mayfield.

There's some MMQB Article about that.

Mayfield is an Analytics Superstar

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I may be wrong. We may not be considering analytics much... This had me concerned a bit. It sounds like we are down to Darnold and Allen. These two are a big family feud "errr" red X for analytics.

I'll be ok with Darnold. Allen, however, to me says this is just an old school guy going with an eye test loving the guy who can throw a mile. Darnold may pan out and we'll be fine with him, but Allen? If we take Allen over Mayfield we are going to regret it for a long long time...

Last edited by devicedawg; 03/27/18 02:37 PM.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: devicedawg
I'll be ok with Darnold. Allen, however, to me says this is just an old school guy going with an eye test loving the guy who can throw a mile. Darnold may pan out and we'll be fine with him, but Allen? If we take Allen over Mayfield we are going to regret it for a long long time...

I know. I'm terrified we are going to screw this up.

But I don't get it. I don't understand how Dorsey could view Allen as a pick at 4, let alone 1.

Not a clue

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PeteyDangerous
Originally Posted By: devicedawg

I know. I'm terrified we are going to screw this up.

But I don't get it. I don't understand how Dorsey could view Allen as a pick at 4, let alone 1.

Not a clue

It seems like he is somewhat similar to Pat Mahomes, who Dorsey traded up for last year in KC.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
It seems like he is somewhat similar to Pat Mahomes, who Dorsey traded up for last year in KC.

Did you watch Patrick Mahomes at Texas Tech?

He was actually a good player. He won the Sammy Baugh trophy in 2016. I'm sure he had numbers far better than Josh Allen.

41 TDs to 10 INTs. Over 60% completion rating in his final two seasons. He holds two NCAA Records for most passing yards in a game.

I mean, I know he's Big Twelve offense verses Big Twelve Defenses, but I'm telling you, if you watch the tape on both, Mahommes was actually a good player. They're nothing alike, except both have strong arms

EDIT: And trade up or not, Mahomes went 10 not 1

Last edited by PeteyDangerous; 03/27/18 03:25 PM.

Legend
Legend
Mahomes had a narrow base, and could be really bad on some passes. He could trust his arm too much. His mechanics could get wildly erratic.

Here is what was written in his NFL.com draft profile:

SOURCES TELL US "He's got a great arm, big balls and he's mobile. He is going to drive his head coach crazy for the first couple of years and there is no getting around that. If it clicks for him and he's coachable, I think he could become a special quarterback." - NFC executive

NFL COMPARISON Jay Cutler

BOTTOM LINE Mahomes is a big, confident quarterback who brings a variety of physical tools to the party, but he's developed some bad habits and doesn't have a very repeatable process as a passer. Mahomes' ability to improvise and extend plays can lead to big plays for his offense, but he will have to prove he can operate with better anticipation and be willing to take what the defense gives him in order to win from the pocket. Mahomes will be a work in progress, but he's a high ceiling, low floor prospect.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: YTownBrownsFan
Mahomes had a narrow base, and could be really bad on some passes. He could trust his arm too much. His mechanics could get wildly erratic.

That's fine. But I watched a couple of games of his. Mahomes was pretty successful. Allen wasn't that good

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Allen won a lot more games than Mahomes. He is bigger, stronger and more athletic. What impressed Dorsey with regard to Mahomes besides his arm was his football intellect. Maybe Allen is similar in that regard.

Mahomes had significantly better skill players than Allen and played in that wonderful Air Raid Offense. So stat comparison is ridiculous.

Legend
Legend
sure you can compare.

such as Mahomes finished his last year in college with 65.7% completion.

wanna know what allen's was?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Mahomes was selected #10 overall in a lesser talented QB draft. He was the second QB drafted. The circumstances around him being drafted were totally different.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
All Pro
All Pro
D
I’m not as scared as most are with Allen, I am concerned but not to the extent as most are. I’ll trust Dorsey if he picks him. The way I’ve been looking at it is this, I’ve done more film watching of Allen then anybody I’ve ever looked at, and while he did have inaccurate throws it wasn’t nearly as many as I thought it would be, I didn’t see any more wildly missed throws then any of the other QBs. Also he had nothing at Wyoming this year, and I mean nothing, the Wyoming pro day should have been called the Josh Allen pro day. He looked at times out there on the field that he felt he had to carry the team. A lot of the windows he was throwing in on tape that I’ve watched are miniscual compared to other prospects, his guys didn’t separate at all, now was that cause Allen was late with his throws are just severe lack of ability for them to do so? With such small windows to throw at there’s gonna be some dip in comp. percentage, I definitely didn’t see very many easy, wide open throws, but again his own doing or lack of talent? That I’m not 100% on, ergo the concern. Ive tried imagining it if Allen was on Oklahoma’s team, USC’s or even UCLAs team would his stats have been better? Would he have looked more accurate? I’ve also imagined the other guys, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, etc., on Wyoming and how they would have fared, cause those guys had way more talent around them then Allen did. But that’s just my own opinion.

Last edited by dean_fairchild; 03/29/18 11:01 AM.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I would bet if Allen played in that same offense as Mahommes, his completion % would have been over 60% as well. I bet if Mahommes played with Wyoming and its offense, his completion % would have been less.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Well... I posted a link a while back where Brian Billick said he essentially lost his job because they assumed Kyle Boller would be better with better talent. They were wrong. Buyer beware.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I wasn't at first because of his apparent improvement as a result of these coaching camps he attended.

But when I look at his film...sorry just a ridiculous pick for Overall #1. I mean maybe if there were no other prospects...but there are and some good ones. Its Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield then a chasm from them and the rest.

jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted By: eotab
I wasn't at first because of his apparent improvement as a result of these coaching camps he attended.

But when I look at his film...sorry just a ridiculous pick for Overall #1. I mean maybe if there were no other prospects...but there are and some good ones. Its Darnold, Rosen and Mayfield then a chasm from them and the rest.

jmho

Agreed

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum John Dorsey's Cleveland Browns making use of analytics after all

Link Copied to Clipboard