Next Thread
Print Thread
#1446204 04/28/18 09:39 AM
R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
Seemed like folks had more to talk about the draft from day 2 so here is your chance!

I have to admit the Steelers pulled off the heist of the draft. They got both Washington and Mason on Day 2 and it's going to haunt us for the next decade 8( It was one of the draft scenarios I dreamed of for the Browns. This is another draft that is leaving me ill. One of the biggest weaknesses of this draft was offensive line. What do the Browns do? They go O-line ... Typical Browns.

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
The Rudulph/Washington duo puts no fear into me whatsoever.

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
It's ok it will come with time =)

You can't fix stupid but you can destroy ignorance. When you destroy ignorance you remove the justifications for evil. If you want to destroy evil then educate our people. Hate is a tool of the stupid to deal with what they can't understand.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
There is a reason he went in the 3rd round and not the 1st

P
Legend
Legend
P
Rudolph to me is Brandon Weeden II ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted By: PastorMarc
I heard rudolph has the weakest arm ... is that true? If so, Weeden would be way stronger

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
so the potential new generation of QB's in the AFC north (dalton is still young enough):

Dalton
Mayfield
Rudolph
Jackson

who's more likely to be trash?

history says....

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Swish #1446241 04/28/18 10:26 AM
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Originally Posted By: Swish
so the potential new generation of QB's in the AFC north (dalton is still young enough):

Dalton
Mayfield
Rudolph
Jackson

history says....

I like our chances in that group.

pfm1963 #1446242 04/28/18 10:26 AM
Legend
Legend
we will see bro. we will see....

i certainly hopes it works out in our favor.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life
I heard rudolph has the weakest arm ... is that true? If so, Weeden would be way stronger

I wouldn't say he had a weaker arm its just my opinion superconfused

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think Rudolph could be this years Jimmy G. BUT he could also be this years Charlie Frye.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Jackson in Baltimore is a wildcard in my opinion. He has all the tools to be great, but when I heard him talking it sure didn't sound like much was going on between his ears.

Legend
Legend
Mayfield beat Rudolph, head to head, 3 out of 3 times and the Bedlam game is a big deal in Oklahoma. 2 of those 3 times, Rudolph had home field.

#GMSTRONG
Tulsa #1446254 04/28/18 10:49 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mayfield was who I wanted all along. I'm just saying the Rudolph has skills too and could be very good given time to develop.

Swish #1446265 04/28/18 11:01 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T

Dalton
Mayfield
Rudolph
Jackson

That's funny those were my top 3 qb's b4 the draft, but, it's all water under the bridge now, (mostly)

We just have to find out how to make Mayfield the most successful of the whole group.

This is the FIRST TIME the Browns have used their TOP PICK on a Qb since Couch in 1999. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hammer #1446279 04/28/18 11:13 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Originally Posted By: Hammer
There is a reason he went in the 3rd round and not the 1st

Any clue if it was the same reason JOE MONTANA was drafted in rnd 3?

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I like Corbett but I don't see where he plays unless he is replacing Bitonio, Zeitler, or Tretter which would be a wasted pick then. Love the Chubb pick but Thomas was another head scratcher as I think there were better players available and I felt Thomas was a 4th or 5th rnd talent.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
T
Legend
Legend
T

Every year going back, January or feb comes around and the Espn's of the world start talking and they always come up with a two man race for the top Qb, it even happened with Manning and Ryan Leaf, and

some of the times I'd look at these guys, for a couple minutes, and see, (oh this guy had efficient ratios, I kind of like him)

but the guy I was looking at was rated so far down lists, as to not be any factor, like maybe 3rd or 4th round,
so I'd write lists, and I just jotted down next to that one, " I kind of like him"

So Mason Rudolph turns out to be one, but the point is , all the ones I can remember have exceeded expectations, in my opinion.

Kyle Orton, Dan Orlofsky, Russell Wilson, Dak Prescott, (partially Ryan Tannehill), and Mason Rudolph is one.

Kyle Orton wasn't supposed to be anything, I honestly would have been half n half that he'd even make a roster, but I think he had a 7 year career.

Dan Orlofsky, I remember he came out of connecticutt, Football players from conn. are like a fish out of water in my opinion, it's not the traditional football place in my opinion.

But then, Dan Orlofsky didn't go away, he was around I kept seeing his name come up, I thought, "wow" I can't believe he was still in the league.

Russell Wilson, (I looked at him, thought, ya, kind of like him, but of course since I don't know anything and the lists all have him way down at the bottom he's not going to be any factor, he's still around.

Dak Prescott, same thing, I mean he was in miss. St. or such, but he looked like he was OK on his td to int ratio,

And it's not hard to do this, takes 30 seconds literally.

They play 11-12 games in college football, almost 10,
so you look at a guys year by year stats

per example the guy was
181 complet for 225 attempts had 15 tds and 7 ints.

In an avg game he threw 18 for 23 complete, had 1 and a half td's and a little over 1/2 intercepted,
is that a winning football game?
feels like no?, feels like yes, ok he's pretty good, ok I kind of like him.

So this next one is Mason Rudolph. On the list of guys I would have said, I kind of like him.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The sad part is when I was watching highlights of Rudolph, I said he looked like a Steeler. Sure enough, the Steelers drafted him.

The kid has potential to be similar to Big Ben with time on the bench and learning in the QB Room.... I hate to say it but... he could be a steal in the draft.

I saw steal of the draft not because of his skills today but what they can groom him to be in 3 years. They will give him time to marinate on the bench.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
"Every year, there’s a big-name college quarterback or two that gets overrated in public circles, and Mason Rudolph was that guy this year. There was a lot more skepticism over his game—his heavy-footedness, how he dealt with adversity in-game, and the offense he comes from—in scouting circles than you might think."

That about sums it up.

Hammer #1446316 04/28/18 11:56 AM
D
Legend
Legend
D
Lets hope there right ... wink

C
Legend
Legend
C
Originally Posted By: Dawgs4Life

Mason Rudolph will be the backup to whoever the Steelers draft to replace Ben Roethlisberger.

Swish #1446402 04/28/18 12:36 PM
C
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
C

Dalton
Mayfield
Rudolph
Jackson

who's more likely to be trash? Daltons been trash for several yrs now.....So I say him. McCarron was a better QB.

history says....

chirp30 #1446477 04/28/18 01:19 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
History says Dalton
We have seen him play in the NFL and know he is trash

Early in the 2017 season there was a quote floating around

"NFL Defensive Player of the Week: Andy Dalton Qb Cincinnati"

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Day 2 rehash.
Draft overview so far.

#1. Best QB in the draft. Check!

#4. First round Cornerback, cover corner with some question marks. Check!

Round 2.
Offensive lineman, (doesn't appear the = to the two O-linemen that were drafted in the following 3 picks,) Whiff.

Round 2. A Rb. (A top 7 Rb in the draft, may have upside, everyone else likes him way more than me.) Check.

Round 3. late 2 trade down to early 3.
A DE from Miami, the analyists say it's a Miami U. friend to a Browns team. friend connection, on paper you read he's " inconsistent" Whiff.

Round 4. With 114 looming

They trade up to 105 take Josh Gordon 2.0 (positive at the combine, can you get more smoking gun than that?) but he looks like a beast on the field.

If anybody has a memory of the Awfulness to take a Qb at #22 overall

I have the opposite memory of taking absolutely anybody at #105 overall.

If I'd even seen we HAD 105 overall, or 104 also, I'd have been super excited.

We ALWAYS GET good guys from pick 105, Check! Check! Check! I'm super excited they got Calloway.

Just get him on the field!

Swish #1446500 04/28/18 01:40 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P

Dalton
Mayfield
Rudolph
Jackson

history says....

Here’s the other side of that coin.
The Bengals can draft a replacement anytime they choose. Next year. The year after. Etc.
The Stillers have Ben for this year. Because they’re good they’ll be able to give Rudolf chances to play, with leads, throughout the year. Plus they only spent a 2nd round pick on a potential replacement. If they want they can try again next year. While not ideal, it’s only a wasted 2nd rounder. Hell we just traded our 2017 2nd rounder away for nothing after only one year.
The Ravens have Flacco for a couple more years at least. They’ll win games. Likely giving Lamar chances to see the field. He may or may not develop. They knew going in his bust or boom potential. If they don’t like what they see they could try again in 2 years.
The Browns. We have the worst (or second worst/Dalton) QB in the division as it stands. We likely won’t be playing with leads often. Even if we do, Baker needs to sit. No lead is safe with our team. Baker won’t see the field until 2019 at the earliest. The soonest we can look to realistically replace him is 2020. Dorsey likely will want to give him multiple seasons, at least two, before either losing his job or having to draft another. So 2021.

So all the other teams have winning QBs currently. Those teams that drafted QBs have the likelyhood of giving their rookies chances to play this year. One only spent a second round pick to get theirs. Making cutting ties easier.
We’re tied to Baker for at least three years. In that time each of our division opponents will have other opportunities to get another crack at drafting one.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
GC.

Can we keep this GM I like him.

Feel like a kid with a new puppy, maybe a 6 year old child, "I know we've had about 31 GM puppies in the last 6 months but can we keep this one?"

P
Legend
Legend
P
I just saw Highlights on this kid and I saw a young Eddie Johnson oh my oh my ...

R
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer
R
I really don't want to be right about Mason because it sucks for us if I am. Mason is going to be a great QB in this league though so I hope Mayfield can beat him in the NFL like he did in college by simply playing on the better team.

I'm not happy we passed on Courtland at all.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2018 NFL Season 2018 NFL Draft Day Two Rehash

Link Copied to Clipboard